Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:16:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: In the News Today 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: In the News Today  (Read 32839 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: August 01, 2007, 11:34:05 AM

In the News Today

A company named "Logitech" decided to price this mouse at $99.

That is all.
HAMMER FRENZY
Contributor

Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 11:40:32 AM

What does it do besides "mouse"?

My Genesis games... LET ME SHOW YOU THEM!
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 11:45:33 AM

Oh shit.

That looks like the GITS mouse from about 2 years ago. Hot.
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 12:14:30 PM

It has changeable grips, you can adjust the weight, adjustable sensitivity from 200 to 3200 dpi, and it has blinky lights. Plus, it's a Logitech mouse. I've yet to have a non-logitech mouse that wasn't a complete piece of shit that broke from normal use within 6 months - even on my wife's PC, and all she does is buy shit and check her e-mail. I Finally had to replace old my old logitech 3 button I bought in 1998 this past year because the buttons/microswitches wore down on the inside to where they couldn't depress enough to register. I tried 2 other brands and they both broke in no time, so I ponied up and bought a Logitech MX518 for $60 and it's been great. I'm probably going to switch it with one of these and use the MX for my laptop.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 12:36:46 PM

Sexy. I might buy one (you can return mice for full price) and try it out for a couple weeks.  If I like it, I can finally bring my diamondback into work.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 01:58:20 PM

Oh!  Oh!  Blinky lights! 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 02:31:09 PM

You really do have the best icons.
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 03:33:31 PM

It has changeable grips, you can adjust the weight, adjustable sensitivity from 200 to 3200 dpi, and it has blinky lights. Plus, it's a Logitech mouse. I've yet to have a non-logitech mouse that wasn't a complete piece of shit that broke from normal use within 6 months - even on my wife's PC, and all she does is buy shit and check her e-mail. I Finally had to replace old my old logitech 3 button I bought in 1998 this past year because the buttons/microswitches wore down on the inside to where they couldn't depress enough to register. I tried 2 other brands and they both broke in no time, so I ponied up and bought a Logitech MX518 for $60 and it's been great. I'm probably going to switch it with one of these and use the MX for my laptop.

I have been using A4-tech 750BF for 8 months and it's still as awesome as it was on day one. Plus, it cost like 10% of that logitech shit.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 03:41:54 PM

Sexy. I might buy one (you can return mice for full price) and try it out for a couple weeks.  If I like it, I can finally bring my diamondback into work.

So it can eat all the mice?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
angry.bob
Terracotta Army

We're no strangers to love. You know the rules and so do I.

Reply #9 on: August 01, 2007, 05:09:54 PM

I have been using A4-tech 750BF for 8 months and it's still as awesome as it was on day one. Plus, it cost like 10% of that logitech shit.

Wow... 8 whole months and it's still going.

Feel free to necropost this in another 9 years and then you'll have something, junior. That aside, an A4-tech 750BF is nowhere in the same league as this mouse, and it's not as cheap as you make it out to be.

Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
schild
Administrator

Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 05:35:21 PM

I like the grip idea, and it's a sharp mouse. But I f'ing love my Razer Infrared.
sinij
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: August 01, 2007, 06:20:10 PM

Interesting. I'm happy with my Mx510 but wouldn't mind something with better resolution for occasional AWP whore parties.

Eternity is a very long time, especially towards the end.
Shrike
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: August 01, 2007, 09:46:55 PM

I've got 2 years on my first Copperhead. Still going strong. I don't see anything here that would tempt me.

Quite frankly, I've had more trouble with Logitech mice (though, admittedly, mostly minor stuff) than with my Razor mice.

I'll pass--unless they come up with one with a beer bottle opener. I'd be on that like a bad rash.
pxib
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: August 01, 2007, 11:18:03 PM

I'm exclusively a trackball guy now...

...but yeah, Logitech all the way.

if at last you do succeed, never try again
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 11:54:02 PM

I just bought one of those MX Revolution wireless laser mice and I'm a little worried, it seems to not register movement once in a while in games, usually when I'm trying to click on someone's name to heal.  It could be vista or the mousepad though.  And I'm not at all happy that the new software doesn't let me use one of the extra buttons to open up windows explorer starting at the C: drive like my old Logitech.

The demo unit in the store also felt better because the scrollwheels were metallic but when I took mine out of the box they had put a band of gripping plastic over the metal ruining the sensation.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: August 02, 2007, 02:26:37 AM

What the hell do you do to your mice ??

6 months and it's just mail checking ?? 

I've still got a microsoft intellimouse from fucking years back that's going strong...

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
schild
Administrator

Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 02:29:31 AM

...we play games. Seriously, Diablo 2 ate through 3 of my mice.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #17 on: August 02, 2007, 02:48:21 AM

Indeed. Back in the day when I was playing shooters competitively I would wear down the Teflon feet very quickly and have to replace my mice on a regular basis.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: August 02, 2007, 04:47:44 AM

On a side note, I'm fairly certain I have a minor case of carpel tunnel.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #19 on: August 02, 2007, 08:58:53 AM

6 months on a mouse? I'm still using a Logitech Opitcal Mouse I bought 2 or 3 computers ago. I was playing games of all types with this mouse at least as far back as Shadowbane I think, maybe even earlier than that. I might have played Everquest 1 or Dark Age on this bitch. And it still works great.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #20 on: August 02, 2007, 09:02:15 AM

On a side note, I'm fairly certain I have a minor case of carpel tunnel.

D2 actually hurt my arm pretty bad.   It's funny, I play a sport that's heavy stress on the wrist, elbow and shoulder and yet games with repetitive clicking/action (this includes guitar hero) screw up my arm.

My mice have two buttons and sometimes a scroll wheel.  Rarely more than that.

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #21 on: August 02, 2007, 09:37:30 AM

It's funny, I play a sport that's heavy stress on the wrist, elbow and shoulder and yet games with repetitive clicking/action (this includes guitar hero) screw up my arm.

Masturbation isn't a sport.
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: August 02, 2007, 03:29:50 PM

Hmm Im not sure what I think of the mouse overall but it looks like it has that sexy silky feeling rubber coating on it that the old gaming wingman had on it.  I used that mouse for forever but finally was forced to give it up due to its lack of a scroll wheel.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 03:36:50 PM

Both of my Microsoft optical mice still work like a charm, and the only reason I stopped using my Apple Mighty Mouse is because the scroll ball got gunked up.  I loved that suppository of doom too.  Wee little scroll ball was the best thing ever.  Maybe if the rumors are true, next week's Mac thing will have an improved mouse too.  I want to go back to the scroll ball.  It is love.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 04:28:32 PM

Both of my Microsoft optical mice still work like a charm, and the only reason I stopped using my Apple Mighty Mouse is because the scroll ball got gunked up.  I loved that suppository of doom too.  Wee little scroll ball was the best thing ever.  Maybe if the rumors are true, next week's Mac thing will have an improved mouse too.  I want to go back to the scroll ball.  It is love.
As long as you don't need a middle mouse button and then it sucks.
Chimpy
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 05:54:53 PM

It's funny, I play a sport that's heavy stress on the wrist, elbow and shoulder and yet games with repetitive clicking/action (this includes guitar hero) screw up my arm.

Classic.  ROFL

'Reality' is the only word in the language that should always be used in quotes.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 06:58:12 PM

Rimshot

From now on, I'll just say tennis. 

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 06:14:28 AM

From now on, I'll just say tennis. 
Good euphemism.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 11:41:44 AM

Then you're not doing it right.

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #29 on: August 03, 2007, 12:05:46 PM

I've been waiting quite a while to post this one:

schild
Administrator

Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 12:09:43 PM

Hey, more 4chan. Bhodi, I know what you've been reading.
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 12:12:15 PM

That one's really old tho :)

Besides, everything gets to 4chan, eventually, whether it ended up there or not. I didn't actually see or get EITHER of those from 4chan directly.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 12:14:31 PM by bhodi »
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #32 on: August 03, 2007, 01:08:16 PM

1.  4chan, lol  I wish I'd been here for the thread about the Foxnews "anonymous internet hacker gang" piece.  That shit was hilarity in concentrate form.

2.  I pushed the scroll wheel of my first gen Razer into its guts.  I really dont like their fucking scroll wheels they are too big and too soft and gushy.  Also games where pressing middle mouse does something hella important puts your mouse at risk.

3.  I still bought another Razer (the one w/ blue light, which is pretty shiney/cool) but honestly I need a good mouse pad.  Anyone have any super geeky/gamer/l33t recommendations?  I've checked OCP from time to time and they always go on about Ratz or mouse pads made of glass or somesuch shit.

*edit* - omeone tole my s
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 01:29:24 PM by Hoax »

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
schild
Administrator

Reply #33 on: August 03, 2007, 01:16:47 PM

I have the metal Razer pad. It's quite good. I love the "control" side.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #34 on: August 03, 2007, 01:27:53 PM

wtf @ hitting quote not edit.

Also, Schild I will check that out.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: In the News Today  
Jump to: