Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:03:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Dark Knight teaser 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dark Knight teaser  (Read 32111 times)
Cim
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: December 15, 2007, 07:30:43 PM

Want this movie now.

Theres a place on your face that can save the human race, its called a smile, the positivity that it creates takes awhile, but the grin will turn an inch into a mile.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #36 on: December 15, 2007, 09:29:34 PM

If you haven't seen the trailer for this being shown in front of "I Am Legend" you need to. Heath Ledger is making the Joker fucking creepy as hell, like serial killer creepy. This movie is going to own.

Someone online had the trailer filmed from their camera phone. I don't have a link.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #37 on: December 15, 2007, 09:36:17 PM

I dug it up, but it's crappy quality, so I closed out. I'll wait.

I think he'll be good now though, but I never saw Joker as a serial killer. More like a crazy anarchist.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: December 15, 2007, 10:18:08 PM

It's supposed to be online tomorrow at this site. 

http://atasteforthetheatrical.com/
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #39 on: December 17, 2007, 03:12:44 AM

Wow.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #40 on: December 17, 2007, 04:56:48 AM

Not to derail, but I'm curious how that car smashing effect works (right in the beginning of the trailer)

The trailer looks cool though.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 06:00:15 AM by Stray »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: December 17, 2007, 05:17:13 AM

You mean the stunt, or 'In The Film' ?

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #42 on: December 17, 2007, 05:38:54 AM

The stunt, where he lands on the car at the beginning of the trailer. Just curious. Seems simple, but I don't think I've seen it before... With a live body at least.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #43 on: December 17, 2007, 06:15:34 AM

Looks like a straightforward replacement roof with crumple zones...

Either that or it's slowed down film after they fired Mr Bale from a cannon above camera so he hit the roof really fast and really hard.

Cool effect tho.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: December 17, 2007, 06:39:02 AM

Most likely to be CG composite of heavy weight landing on car chassis and windows mixed with live action wire fall onto a blue screened box.  Means they could do multiple takes of the fall and landing itself without having to go through several rigged cars.  My bet is that the shattering glass, at least, is all CG. 

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #45 on: December 17, 2007, 06:42:04 AM

If you haven't seen the trailer for this being shown in front of "I Am Legend" you need to. Heath Ledger is making the Joker fucking creepy as hell, like serial killer creepy. This movie is going to own.

Someone online had the trailer filmed from their camera phone. I don't have a link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwV_SOgvq2s

Not the best quality, but oh my god does it make the Joker look awesome. I had several nerdgasms even if I couldn't hear what they were saying.

... christ, I'm gushing...

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: December 17, 2007, 07:09:01 AM

I take it that a better quality one is too much to hope for ?

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #47 on: December 17, 2007, 07:17:37 AM

Most likely to be CG composite of heavy weight landing on car chassis and windows mixed with live action wire fall onto a blue screened box.  Means they could do multiple takes of the fall and landing itself without having to go through several rigged cars.  My bet is that the shattering glass, at least, is all CG. 

Interesting. They were actually pretty old school about real stunts, sets, and models in the last film (just the gotham set alone is amazing). I think just a few things were CGI, like cityscape shots, the Wayne building... I wouldn't be surprised if a little gag like the above is more trouble than it's worth though, so maybe you're right.

[edit]

Not the best quality, but oh my god does it make the Joker look awesome. I had several nerdgasms even if I couldn't hear what they were saying.

What is that? Like the intro to the film? I clicked out. I don't wanna see it! Fuck, not like that at least smiley
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 07:20:18 AM by Stray »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #48 on: December 17, 2007, 07:18:54 AM

I'm sticking with the cannon theory.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #49 on: December 17, 2007, 08:14:51 AM

Holy fuck, that 6 minutes of the film looks AWESOME.

Mazakiel
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: December 17, 2007, 08:26:21 AM

So, watched the trailer and bootleg footage.  I think, based on a description of the same footage I read in a magazine or something somewhere, that that's the first few minutes of the film, so if so, it looks to be a great beginning.  Summer is too far away now. 

And I have to say, initially I was pretty skeptical of Heath Ledger being able to pull it off.  I was pretty damn wrong.  He looks to be owning the role.  I just hope they don't kill him off at the end of the movie. 
DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: December 17, 2007, 10:26:25 AM

Interesting. They were actually pretty old school about real stunts, sets, and models in the last film (just the gotham set alone is amazing). I think just a few things were CGI, like cityscape shots, the Wayne building... I wouldn't be surprised if a little gag like the above is more trouble than it's worth though, so maybe you're right.

Yeah.  Chris Nolan was very keen to do as much as he could in the camera but even so, they had 300+ SFX shots, mostly done by an outfit called Double Negative.  A lot of what they did was touch up live action shots or do digital matte stuff (sunsets, mountains and Gotham cityscape).  Their showreel for Batman Begins is here and a shot breakdown of some of the pieces is here.  They're working on Dark Knight too so I'm guessing it'll be similar stuff.  They also did the SFX for Hot Fuzz - if you have a look at what they did for that then that's probably similar to what they did for this stunt. 

If they did anything.

They might have just used Ironwood's cannon!

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #52 on: December 17, 2007, 12:30:36 PM

Hey, Maggie Gylenhall is in this.  With Heath Ledger.  It would be awesome if they could work a Brokeback reference in there somewhere.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: December 18, 2007, 08:19:23 AM

Hey, Maggie Gylenhall is in this.  With Heath Ledger.  It would be awesome if they could work a Brokeback reference in there somewhere.

You know, I love that Maggie is in this. She's a much better actress than Mrs Cruise and is about 10X hotter in my book.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #54 on: December 18, 2007, 08:21:50 AM

Better actress, yes. Hotter, no.
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: December 18, 2007, 08:23:31 AM

Better actress, yes. Hotter, no.

Sherrygirl and Stranger than Fiction convinced me otherwise. Then again, everytime I look at Kate I see "Tom Cruise's cultist hostage" stamped on her forehead.

Edit: Changed a pronoun so people knew I wasn't referring to Maggie as Tom's Xenu hostage.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 06:20:14 AM by Riggswolfe »

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #56 on: December 18, 2007, 06:12:18 PM

YouTube has pulled that link. You'll have to go elsewhere.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #57 on: December 18, 2007, 06:25:18 PM

Maggie has that same "girl next door" hotness, minus the Xenu herpes.  There is no comparison.

Also, Secretary.   this guy looks legit

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: December 19, 2007, 06:20:36 AM

Maggie has that same "girl next door" hotness, minus the Xenu herpes.  There is no comparison.

Also, Secretary.   this guy looks legit

I've never seen Secretary but I've heard good things about it.

Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #59 on: December 19, 2007, 08:15:00 PM

Someone beat me (heh, get it) to the Secretary reference as the definitive evidence of Maggie's far greater hotness.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #60 on: December 19, 2007, 09:33:38 PM

Oh, and according to something I read over on imdb, there is no origin story for The Joker in the film which I think is actually a cool choice since a lot of such films get bogged down in that plot set-up.  Ledger also apparently went a little bonkers getting ready for this role as he holed himself up in a hotel room by himself for like a month. He says he tried to combine Sid Vicious with Alex de Large to create his performance. I am seriously getting geeked for this flick.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: December 19, 2007, 10:08:51 PM

I think I read something about Ledger depriving himself of sleep while popping pharmaceuticals. He really seemed to have the voice for the part down also. Great stuff!

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: December 20, 2007, 12:58:32 AM

I'm glad to hear that;  Joker should not need a backstory.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #63 on: December 20, 2007, 08:27:10 AM

While the Joker's origin story is a good one, I'm fine with them eschewing the whole "must tell villain's origin" in this movie. After all, Hollywood can't resist connecting the villain's origin with the hero's, as if a villain needed that extra incentive to hate the hero. He's the Joker, he wants to kill everyone.

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: December 20, 2007, 08:29:11 AM

They explained everything with the line 'You Changed Everything'.

That's all Joker needed to say.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #65 on: December 20, 2007, 08:42:21 AM

That's pretty much how Batman Begins ended too, isn't it? Can't be bothered to find quotes, but something about Gordon talking about an arms race with criminals... And the Joker being the answer to Batman.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #66 on: December 20, 2007, 08:48:08 AM

Yes; that's why I liked the tie in.

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: December 20, 2007, 09:04:54 AM

You know, I love that Maggie is in this. She's a much better actress than Mrs Cruise and is about 10X hotter in my book.

Such a yummy movie.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Cim
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: December 20, 2007, 03:44:11 PM

Again, want this movie now.

Theres a place on your face that can save the human race, its called a smile, the positivity that it creates takes awhile, but the grin will turn an inch into a mile.
Moosehands
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: January 22, 2008, 02:14:27 PM

I think I read something about Ledger depriving himself of sleep while popping pharmaceuticals. He really seemed to have the voice for the part down also. Great stuff!

A rather sad bit of foreshadowing, this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Dark Knight teaser  
Jump to: