Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:39:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Disgaea 3 Announced for the PS3 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Disgaea 3 Announced for the PS3  (Read 70988 times)
ForumBot 0.8 beta
Terracotta Army

on: July 17, 2007, 12:07:00 AM

Disgaea 3 Announced for the PS3

Disgaea 3 was just announced for the PS3 and it's looking a LOT like a PS2 game. With a Winter 2008 (as in, by February 2008) release date and a price of about $70. NISA needs to get this shit localized, fast.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 02:06:30 AM

Sony must be paying them a ton of money to make it for the PS3.
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 07:58:18 AM

This is the most exciting news I've heard in months!  I'm unable to convey my love for Disgaea. 

I hope Etna makes another return, she's my hero.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #3 on: July 17, 2007, 09:46:39 AM

I didn't like it.  (don't hit me!)

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #4 on: July 17, 2007, 09:59:42 AM

That doesn't particularly look like it'd really require the PS3's horsepower. I smell a money-grab move by Sony.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #5 on: July 17, 2007, 10:03:05 AM

I can't see anything beyond a Prism ranger apparently teaching class.  SOLD.

-Rasix
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #6 on: July 17, 2007, 12:59:53 PM

So... this is the sort of big budget, graphical powerhouse we'd be getting more of if the Wii had never been created, right?

All that aside, I'm sure it will be a fun game.
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: July 17, 2007, 01:00:50 PM

So... this is the sort of big budget, graphical powerhouse we'd be getting more of if the Wii had never been created, right?

All that aside, I'm sure it will be a fun game.

I'm expecting hi-def anime cutscenes. Lots of them.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: July 17, 2007, 01:06:09 PM

I'd point out that many recent 2D PS2 games have slowdown in some areas (Odin Sphere by reports, tiny bit in Atelier Iris 3 via firsthand), so the notion that PS3 horsepower will be wasted seems inaccurate to me.  If I get Disgaea 3 and see slowdown on the PS3 like I see on PS2, I will be rightly irked.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #9 on: July 17, 2007, 03:25:39 PM

Billions and billions of 'splosions.  Super moves that really DO blow up planets.  Best.  News.  Ever.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #10 on: July 17, 2007, 11:14:23 PM

Damn it!  The one thing that could get me to buy a PS3.   Weeaboo turn based megagrinding.

FUCK SHIT DICKLICKER MONKEYSPUNK.

Im gonna have to go buy one before the 60 giggers are out of production aren't I?
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #11 on: July 17, 2007, 11:20:55 PM

I purchased Disgaea 2 on account of another thread where I was raving about Fire Emblem for GC which spurred Schild et al. to begin raving about Disgaea.  I couldn't get into it. 
schild
Administrator

Reply #12 on: July 17, 2007, 11:26:37 PM

I purchased Disgaea 2 on account of another thread where I was raving about Fire Emblem for GC which spurred Schild et al. to begin raving about Disgaea.  I couldn't get into it. 

That's weird. I enjoyed Fire Emblem. But it was slower, less involved, had a sub-par story, and was ugly as sin. Still enjoyed it, just sayin.'
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: July 17, 2007, 11:47:30 PM

Disgaea was just too out there for me I think.  I really like the idea of "working your way up" so to speak.  Which is why I like RPG's.  Fire Emblem had a pretty good arc as far as that was concerned, starting as you did from the lowliest of mercenaries. And I think they spoonfed me perfectly for my tastes.  Everytime I started to get bored, they'd throw in another wrinkle.  Like all of a sudden the world map would open up, or they'd put you in charge of outfitting the troops with equipment and managing the pursestrings.  The story was typical, but I went in expecting the dialogue to be horrible, and it didn't blow me away or anything but it fit.

Edit:  Also, I was impressed witht he fact that characters who died stayed dead.  This made me care much more about what happened.  I consider it cheezy to reset the game if someone dies, so it was pretty intense trying to keep people alive in the later stages.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 11:49:34 PM by dusematic »
schild
Administrator

Reply #14 on: July 17, 2007, 11:49:18 PM

You might like Soul Nomad more then.

I remember you liking Kefka.

You'll DEFINATELY like Gig (the main evil mind in Soul Nomad).
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 11:50:20 PM

Googling it now.  Yeah, I mean, FF6 was the greatest game ever, what's not to like?
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 11:53:45 PM

Is it not out yet?  What's going on? I feel different.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 11:59:40 PM by dusematic »
schild
Administrator

Reply #17 on: July 17, 2007, 11:54:12 PM

It comes out in September. I've got a preview coming next week.

NISA has been finishing their review builds a little.... early.
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: July 17, 2007, 11:58:10 PM

The story sounds pretty sweet.  Shades of Rand al'Thor, Kefka, and classic fantasy RPG tropes.  I'll consider your preview as an aperitif preparing my palette for the drunken orgy of gaming to come. 
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #19 on: July 18, 2007, 09:34:32 AM

You might like Soul Nomad more then.

I remember you liking Kefka.

You'll DEFINATELY like Gig (the main evil mind in Soul Nomad).

I've been looking forward to hearing more about Soul Nomad as well. Plz to hurry up with the preview kthx.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #20 on: July 19, 2007, 12:59:49 PM

you know, i really REALLY hated that game, but not for its game play, but for the writing, and , well, just really juvenile plot and..."acting"? The characters were really, freaking annoying.

Final Fantasy tactics is much better game, in just about all respects.

Sorry.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: July 19, 2007, 01:04:46 PM

but for the writing, and , well, just really juvenile plot and..."acting"?

What? Joke post?
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #22 on: July 19, 2007, 01:11:45 PM

I think he just means how over the top and anime it was.  If you're not into anime, the game might be too out there for you.  At least that's why i think it didn't click with me.  i could tell there was some deep gameplay lurking though, i just didn't feel connected to the game.  I just remember thinking "huh...everyone's a demon eh?  Except the protagonist...huh."  I will say that this is probably my failing as a person, because there were some crazy elements in that game.  Like the Dark Court or whatever.  That seemed crazy, I can't really touch on it because I didn't look it up online, but it's the only concrete example I can remember offhand, as I didn't get that deep into the game.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 01:18:39 PM by dusematic »
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: July 19, 2007, 01:19:09 PM

but for the writing, and , well, just really juvenile plot and..."acting"?

What? Joke post?

No joke. I really couldn’t stand the dialog the players had; every time they spoke I wanted to slap them, really. I did not get far in the game however, and no, I am not an anime fan, at least, I do like some anime, but I can’t stand the really childish stuff.

The only reason I bought the game is because someone recommended it when I said I likes FF:T.

If it did have a good plot, id never see it, due to the horrible dialog from the characters in that game.... So much so, i don't think i could ever take any of it seriously (as in, care if it had a really cool plot). Not to mention the names of items, and the descriptions...good god.

I thought some of the concepts were cool, and i could have gotten into what combat system i did see, but i turned it off in disgust, as i could not get past the dialog and,well, the characters.

EDIT: I guess i should say, i'm talking about 2.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 01:24:15 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #24 on: July 19, 2007, 01:22:45 PM

Head scratch

Not to mention the names of items, and the descriptions...good god.

You're no fun. At all.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 01:25:50 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #25 on: July 19, 2007, 01:28:31 PM

Ok, so, definately a joke post.

Yea, those item descriptions really sucked.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: July 19, 2007, 01:29:53 PM

Head scratch

You're no fun. At all.

I'm quite allot of fun, but there is silly, or "fun" then there is stupid. /opinion

I think it was just the whole presentation, i felt like i was watching some pre-teen show about..high school, were the drama is non stop... or something... It just felt very juvenile, and not in a fun way, in a really scary way, and annoying.

All of that made my time with the game REALLY short...so take my comments as such.

Give me RoboTech, or blue sub #6... i don't know this series, but i'm sure i would have hated it, so i'm sure i'm biased in the first place.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 01:35:44 PM by Mrbloodworth »

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #27 on: July 19, 2007, 01:55:55 PM

Head scratch

You're no fun. At all.

Zam.
schild
Administrator

Reply #28 on: July 19, 2007, 04:04:16 PM

Not liking awesome games and favoring crappy robot/military anime just isn't my style.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: July 20, 2007, 10:52:50 AM

I think it was just the whole presentation, i felt like i was watching some pre-teen show about..high school, were the drama is non stop... or something... It just felt very juvenile, and not in a fun way, in a really scary way, and annoying.

I'm pretty sure it was a parody of that style of overly-dramatic-take-myself-way-too-seriously thing.  Which in other words means that you take yourself way to seriously.

Killer penguins and characters that hit every single point of the stereotype that they are based on in exaggerated detail would be a clear give away to most people.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: July 20, 2007, 11:45:38 AM

I'm pretty sure it was a parody of that style of overly-dramatic-take-myself-way-too-seriously thing.  Which in other words means that you take yourself way to seriously.

Killer penguins and characters that hit every single point of the stereotype that they are based on in exaggerated detail would be a clear give away to most people.

Not a fan of the genre, so if it was, i wouldn’t know, as i have seen some really annoying crap that’s just like it, so, I figured it was serious. Seems all the "Cool" anime is just like it. Yick. Still not convinced it wasn't.

I came for the combat, and got sickened by the anime.

By all means enjoy your game.

Id like to hear what made the game so great however.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 11:55:10 AM by Mrbloodworth »

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #31 on: July 20, 2007, 02:34:44 PM

Some of the characters are utterly perverted?  Seriously though, the depth of the combat system is incredible.  From character customization to being able to go INSIDE items to level them up, this game goes on forever if you have the patience for it.

Not only that, but it's the best square-based tactics game since FFT, bar-none in terms of gameplay.  I get a little sickened by some of the cutesy anime too, but it gets past that pretty damn quickly.  It really does have a wicked sense of humor.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #32 on: July 20, 2007, 02:46:40 PM

Mechanically it was very solid and I especially liked how the class unlocks weren't completely arcane (I'm looking at you FFT Dancer). I'd go a little farther then Phildo and say that it everything FFT better though.

Still, if you didn't appreciate the humor some of the cooler features would be lost upon you like being able to chuck people across the map and the Assembly. Not liking characters like Yukimaru and Hanako at the very least means you went into the game with the wrong expectations, sadly, zam.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
schild
Administrator

Reply #33 on: July 20, 2007, 02:48:39 PM

Actually, I can see not liking Hanako.

But not liking Yukimaru is just heartless.

Also, Rozalin and Adell are largely the best main characters (not counting Etna and Laharl) since Cecil and Rosa or Locke and Celes.

Edit: I should mention, one of the characters in my army in Soul Nomad is named Lahurl.
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: July 20, 2007, 08:35:27 PM

This thread makes me want to Lahurl.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: Disgaea 3 Announced for the PS3  
Jump to: