Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 10:55:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43 Go Down Print
Author Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  (Read 362254 times)
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1295 on: April 25, 2013, 07:35:08 AM

Then how would I win when I suck?  why so serious?

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1296 on: April 25, 2013, 11:48:56 PM

Then how would I win when I suck?  why so serious?

Get better ;)

That being said. When i looked at your games i do recall a lot of what Rasix mentioned.

One of the things that you can do to claw yourself out of the dregs of low ELO is to play champions which your team needs.

Watch the games that you play as well as some pro games and look at the type of compositions and actions which the pro's do.

For instance in Silver 1 (i might be silver 2 now due to decay since i haven't played in over a month) you tend to find a lot of warding/communication/grouping. Its obviously not perfect but a lot of the strategic issues are coordination issues (I.E. player 1 thinks we're engaging and player 2 thinks we're retreating).

That being said, the single thing that happens least is peeling. Everyone knows how to dive the enemy carry but no one knows to to keep the ADC safe. So what I have been doing, in order to be more successful (and it had gotten me very far) was play a support(my main role) that could peel. That way if there was ever a time in which we needed peel, i knew that I could always provide it.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1297 on: May 02, 2013, 11:04:33 AM

I've been in such a downswing the last two weeks. Even when I do well, and I'm doing well more than I'm doing shitty, my team has just been utter fucking twats. I can't get out of bronze 5 because I can't carry a team where 3 of the 5 don't even seem to know what their role is, much less how to push the buttons at the right time. I don't think I've gone one game the last two weeks without reporting SOMEBODY, usually multiple somebodies. Fuck me, but I want to go through this player community with a fat bag of hep C.

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1298 on: May 02, 2013, 02:03:03 PM

Added another champ to my collection: Maokai.  So far, I've gone 4 wins out of 6 with him in the jungle, averaging 3/3/9.  Had one awesome match where I went 3/3/24.  I could get used to this support/tank jungle thing  awesome, for real

"Those lights, combined with the polygamous Nazi mushrooms, will mess you up."

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1299 on: May 05, 2013, 09:51:34 PM

I just had an ARAM where the Twitch build a WOTA and a Shard of True Ice as his only 2 items.  He didn't do so well.  Ohh, and our Kennen took clarity.   To make matters worse, I had Poppy and our other 2 players were Udyr and Rammus.  Why so cruel, random-number gods?

It's all I've been playing lately and it's a nice change.  Not sure if it's improving my team fighting.. I'm still pretty awful at it.  Plus, my champ pool was rather low before I quit playing, while I had a decent selection to choose from. 2/3 champs I get are.. "wow, I haven't played this champ ever/in forever."
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:53:37 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #1300 on: May 05, 2013, 10:11:12 PM

I had a terrible game with Mordekaiser today. It didn't help that the only other 'tanky' teammate was Garen and everyone else were AP squishies.. I couldn't get any shield up and just got blown up every time before I could do anything. We still won, somehow- Nidalee spears are so crazy in ARAM. The game after that I got Lux- my favorite champion- she is awesome in ARAM, shielding the whole team, double-binding enemies, E harass from long range, and Final Spark is practically impossible to miss. We crushed that game something like 30-10 kills.

ARAM has really rekindled my interest in LoL.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1301 on: May 05, 2013, 10:51:20 PM

Step 1:ARAM

Step 2:Get nidalee

Step 3: awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real awesome, for real

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Rasix

Reply #1302 on: May 06, 2013, 12:19:16 AM

Got to love the special person that rolls AP Trist when their entire team is AP (both teams, really).  We would have won so easy. Their prerogative, I guess. 

"Don't worry, I main AP Trist."  Apparently the Bronze III strat for AP Trist is to Goomba jump into their entire team and get blown up in 3 seconds  after maybe managing to pick off the low health guy.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1303 on: May 06, 2013, 08:00:06 AM

Apparently the Bronze III strat for AP Trist is to Goomba jump into their entire team and get blown up in 3 seconds  after maybe managing to pick off the low health guy.

Somebody read my strategy guide for AP Trist!  why so serious?

Kail
Terracotta Army

Reply #1304 on: May 06, 2013, 06:07:37 PM

I think I played like five rounds of ARAM yesterday, and ended up seeing something like eight Teemos.

I feel this is a portent of the end times.
Rasix

Reply #1305 on: May 06, 2013, 07:05:55 PM

Teemo is godmode in ARAMs.  Those f'ing shrooms.  He gets like half of his kills when he's not even on screen.  The game I got Teemo, I had to dodge because my son woke up from his nap.   cry

I had my first ever TF game in an ARAM today.  That was fun.  His poke is pretty insane, and I locked in the correct card most of the time.  I still don't quit have that "lock gold card, destiny" mechanic down just right yet.  I really should change my summoner name to "Worst ults NA", but I imagine that's taken.   Zed was fun too. His poke is alright for a melee champ but he clears waves fantastically and the low cooldown on his E makes for easy peasy mop up duty.  Plus, that ult.  Gib city.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1306 on: May 06, 2013, 09:02:26 PM

I just have not gotten Zed down at all. I've seen him played well and he's an ungodly ginsu machine, but I just don't quite have the knack for him.

Seems like every ARAM match I'm in, there's at least one Teemo or one Gragas. There be something wrong with their RNG.

Rasix

Reply #1307 on: May 06, 2013, 09:34:49 PM

MUNDO!  God, that was hilarious.  CLEAVER CLEAVER CLEAVER CLEAVER CLEAVER CLEAVER CLEAVER CLEAVER CLEAVER CLEAVER CLEAVER  CLEAVER CLEAVER  They dive in out of frustration and forget I'm this massive tank as well.  Ridiculous.

edit:  Wow, won a game where they had aced us, taken both nexus towers and then their Jayce (who had YET to die outside of executes) fountain dives.  Malphite saves the Nexus at half HP, and then we proceed to just march down mid and win the game.   If that Jayce had just kept hitting the Nexus we would have died.    I must say, Morg is also pretty awesome for this format, but I just need to remember to rush the Zhonyas.  Got a great ult  + zhonya at the end to secure it.  Her q has amazing range and pretty decent projectile speed.

And Jayce is pretty much bullshit in this format.  He never died because he never even got into auto range, but still racked up tons of kills at no risk.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:20:31 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Rasix

Reply #1308 on: May 10, 2013, 11:03:08 AM

I can now see why Malphite is perma-banned in the lower league levels.  He just mauls carries.

"Yes, lets all stand in a close clump.  There's no way Malph will think to ult all of us!"

I don't think I've had more fun playing a champ for the first time.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1309 on: May 17, 2013, 11:08:37 AM

The new Trundle is the goddamn MAN... er troll. Played him in a blind and late game, he can just be hard as fuck to kill. Highlight of my first blind game with him came at the end. Their mid turrets were all down, Warwick had just killed our Xin who was pounding on their nexus and I make a play for it mid. Destroy their Katarina quickly, then take out some minions before getting jumped by Warwick (the rest of their team was trying to break through our bot nexus turrets). Warwick does his lifestealing magic, I do my drains, blade of runed king and chomps but it looks like I might lose when he turns around and starts to run. ICE PILLAR! Big ass sheet of ice effect. CHOMP! DEAD FUCKING WOLF.

Then I proceed with less than 1/10th health left to take down their nexus turret while surrounded by their minions. GGWP.

Azuredream
Terracotta Army

Reply #1310 on: May 17, 2013, 11:52:42 AM

I ventured out from the safety of ARAM to try a normal draft game. The opening four comments are 'top please' 'mid' 'i'm top' 'pref adc' ..and I'm like, wow, how does that happen- I wouldn't mind playing support. Everybody gets the roles they want, we play well and force a surrender at 20.

Now I don't want to queue again because there is no way my next game will be as good.

The Lord of the Land approaches..
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1311 on: May 20, 2013, 11:54:14 AM

Ding 30, at long fucking last  awesome, for real

"Tuning me out doesn't magically change the design or implementation of said design. Though, that'd be neat if it did." -schild
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1312 on: May 20, 2013, 11:55:26 AM

Ding 30, at long fucking last  awesome, for real

Welcome to the hell that is ranked.

Rasix

Reply #1313 on: May 20, 2013, 12:14:51 PM

I haven't ventured out of ARAM since the queue was patched in.  Before then I had stopped playing altogether for at least 2 months.   I'm sure it'll get stale eventually, but I've been having fun playing champs that I rarely get to play and enjoying the relatively relaxed atmosphere.  I seem to get Karma a lot, so I've actually gotten pretty decent with her.  

For the first time I got Nidalaee, but as chance would dictate, the rest of my team were retards.  We were winning pretty well, and I was getting into a groove chunking their team with spears.  So what does my team start doing? HARD ENGAGE.  Turns AP Nidalee almost 100% useless.  Instead incredible poke damage, you get to try to huck spears into a giant clump of retards dry humping each other. Not to mention our Vayne really loved to roll INTO their team instead of actually position worth a crap.  You get these type of dumb games all of the time, but it's a real downer when your idiot Janna says something like "worst nid ever" and the opposing team pulls a graceful "gg easy" and "noobz".   The negative experiences in this game really tend to linger on a lot longer than they should.  Longer than the positive.

That followed what was easily the longest ARAM I've ever played.  40 minutes.  I was Karthus.  I had 6 items at like 25 minutes in.   awesome, for real  I was 21/15/43 with 153 minions in a fucking ARAM.  We could just not finish.  I don't think they got a turret down until 30 minutes in. But then their Vi and Nocturne would dive me every time their ults were up and the rest of my team was struggling to find damage. Then the Kennen starts with "cmon Karthus" and I wanted to smack the little shit.  I'm carrying you, dumbass, keep quiet. My skittle accuracy in that game was stellar, my ults.. were not.

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1314 on: May 20, 2013, 12:56:56 PM

I got my only no death ARAM as nidalee.

Bought chalice
Bought AP book

Ended game with over 10k gold to spend.

Rasix

Reply #1315 on: May 20, 2013, 01:02:31 PM

I had a Karma game where I was 15 minutes in and at zero deaths.  Had the same thing with an Annie game.  Eventually I just ran into the other team because I couldn't get a big enough window to die to a turret.  Karma game was a bitch because I didn't do a chalice start (codex/boots/shit).  I was skating close to OOM all of the time.  

I think that was my second time I've ever played Nidalee in game.  I was constantly forgetting which buttons did what in cougar form.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1316 on: May 20, 2013, 01:04:37 PM

Cougar form, what's that? awesome, for real

spearspearspearspearspearspearspearspearspearhealspearspearspearspearspearspearspear

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1317 on: May 20, 2013, 01:43:37 PM

Cougar form, what's that? awesome, for real

That's your escape button.  awesome, for real

luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1318 on: May 21, 2013, 04:29:00 PM

I hate it in ARAM (or in 5v5 for that matter) when the one team completely shuts down the other without breaking a sweat and then declares "gg" at the end.

THAT IS NOT "GG".  THAT IS AN ASS RAPING.  "GG" IS WHEN YOU ACTUALLY GIVE THE OTHER SIDE A FUCKING CHANCE TO PLAY THE GODDAMN GAME.

Rasix

Reply #1319 on: May 21, 2013, 04:41:08 PM

"gg" is just shaking hands at the end of the game.  Don't be that guy. 

-Rasix
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1320 on: May 21, 2013, 04:48:14 PM

Weren't they working on some kind of mid-game balancing system, where the game would boost one side up to somewhat meet the other in level and gold, as long as both sides agreed?

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #1321 on: May 21, 2013, 06:59:49 PM

"gg" is just shaking hands at the end of the game.  Don't be that guy.  

Took me a while to adjust to that usage.

I'm big on complimenting a good game, but gg here is just what Rasix said - a handshake.

If you want to award someone for a good game - hit the honorable opponent button at the end.

Nature of ARAM is you are going to get trolloped regularly. 
Rasix

Reply #1322 on: May 21, 2013, 08:07:38 PM

Yah, I don't dodge (often), so if we get a shit team, it's very likely we'll be up against at least two of the following: Teemo, Lux, Heimer, Xerath, Ashe, Cait, Trist along with a Maokai or Malph for the front line.    Shit, I almost lost a 10 minute game today but we managed to stall for like 4-5 minutes.  Our Alistar died 11 times in the first 10 minutes.

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1323 on: May 21, 2013, 08:40:02 PM

Heh.

Ya, my worst loss was like 10:30.

It was super embarrassing.
luckton
Terracotta Army

Reply #1324 on: May 22, 2013, 06:44:48 AM

Heh.

Ya, my worst loss was like 10:30.

It was super embarrassing.

Got you beat at 9:10. 

Annie (me), Tristana, Lissandra, Teemo, and Vi

vs

Jax, Sivir, Master Yi, Kayle, and Sona

Just fuck everything about that matchup.  Out gunned and out supported.  The Vi on our team was originally Lulu, but decided he didn't want to be in the all-midget squad.

Anyways, I've played 4 of my 10 initial ranked matches, going 1-4.  The first three losses were just decimating to play against.  The fourth one, however, was a huge success as Maokai Jungle tanking 'n ganking.  Caught their Cho'gath jungler a few times off guard and got fed decently.

Rasix

Reply #1325 on: May 22, 2013, 09:49:36 AM

I'd recommend against diving straight into ranked until you get a real good grasp for how things play at 30.   If you do really poorly in your placement matches, you may end up in the dreaded bronze IV or bronze V.  Good luck crawling out of there with the amount of trolls and afkers.  I'd seriously play about 20 draft normals before going in.

Had a (not) fun ARAM last night where we had a shit comp and my team was composed mainly of morons.  The Mundo decided he shouldn't poke and instead just turn on burning agony and dive into the opposing team continually.  After one really bad engage, I didn't jump into the fight because quite honestly everyone was going to die.  The Yi on our team starts railing on me.  He had kind of been on my ass all game. 

Yi:  "JANNA. Can you fucking do something? JESUS."
me: "Yah, I can sit here idle and pretend to play. You know, yelling at me is sure to motivate me to play my best."
*runs into enemy team and then goes to take a piss*
Mundo: Mike (I assume this is Yi), sometimes I really wish you wouldn't talk. 

I'm guessing their Yi is a bit of a rager.  I'm getting sick of premades in the ARAM queue.  I wish they'd limit it to one other person.  They add nothing and tend to play really shitty due to skill discrepancies.  Seems like anyone I've been able to tell that's queued together has never done well. 

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #1326 on: May 22, 2013, 09:55:22 AM

I'd recommend against diving straight into ranked until you get a real good grasp for how things play at 30.   If you do really poorly in your placement matches, you may end up in the dreaded bronze IV or bronze V. 

This is what happened to me. Trust me when I say this, madness that way lies. Play a good bit of normal first or you will find yourself stuck in solo queue eye-scrubbing fucktard territory FOREVER.

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1327 on: May 22, 2013, 11:59:08 AM

I'm getting sick of premades in the ARAM queue.  I wish they'd limit it to one other person.  They add nothing and tend to play really shitty due to skill discrepancies.  Seems like anyone I've been able to tell that's queued together has never done well. 

Best games really are the quiet ones.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #1328 on: May 22, 2013, 01:14:18 PM

Janna is so OP on ARAM though. Not sure why you would ragequit over what Yi said.
Rasix

Reply #1329 on: May 22, 2013, 02:23:00 PM

Because he was being a dick.  The entire game.  One champ being OP doesn't mean I'm good with the champ or I know what my team's thinking (or not thinking).  It was seriously one stupid dogpile engage after another.

And I didn't ragequit the game.  I literally went to relieve myself and came back, put them all on ignore, and finished it. None of them did shit except the Yi (4/16 Mundo, 5/10 Twitch, 3/12 Vi) and yet the solo guy gets shit from everyone.   

-Rasix
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  League of Legends  |  Topic: LoL Stories, Share your good and bad here.  
Jump to: