Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:06:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Hulk Movie Redux 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hulk Movie Redux  (Read 22754 times)
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

on: April 15, 2007, 09:58:39 PM

I like Eric Bana, but uh....This is still cool.

Link

Edward Norton has been set by Marvel Studios to play Bruce Banner in "The Incredible Hulk."

Maybe it won't be such a popcorn flick after all.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 09:50:15 AM

I thought it was going Direct-to-Video. Seems like a big name to be putting on a direct title.

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 10:19:38 AM

That's cool, but let's keep in mind that Norton has been in his share of crap.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 10:22:24 AM

Ugh.  I loved Eric Bana in the first one.  Would this be the first Marvel property where they've changed the lead actor?

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 10:30:23 AM

I believe the fantastic four was a completely new cast....  cool

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109770/

LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 10:33:56 AM

Ok, MODERN Marvel interpretations. :)

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Damn Dirty Ape
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 10:39:25 AM

Having The Hulk as the leader of Project Mayhem would be pretty cool.
Evil Elvis
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: April 16, 2007, 02:16:46 PM

I want to see Hulk curb-stomp someone.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: April 16, 2007, 04:16:49 PM

I want to see Hulk curb-stomp someone.

YES.

Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: April 16, 2007, 06:03:35 PM

I like Ed Norton.  And he seems perfect for the Banner role.

Bana was okay,  but...  He was nowhere near dorky enough.  It was like those movies where they take the really hot woman,  dress her down for the first part and pretend you can't tell she's really attractive, then give her a makeover and she's gorgeous. 

They put Bana in a bike helmet, but he still looks like Bana as soon as he takes the helmet off.

Someone like Ed Norton or Steve Carell just feels better for a slightly dorky Banner who's repressing his rage.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #10 on: April 16, 2007, 08:10:52 PM

Hmm, Bana used to be normal looking (if that makes sense). He started off as a goofy comedian at that -- and his breakthrough role was when he moved into drama and turned into a psychopathic fatass (which is how most people first came to know him):

(on the right)

Pre Chopper Bana:

I think it was only after Troy that he became associated with action roles, and somehow morphed into a leading man type. At the time Hulk was made though, he was a good fit.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 08:57:09 PM by Stray »
Damn Dirty Ape
Terracotta Army

Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 09:06:47 AM

Maybe it's just the shadows, but Bana's got that Jack Burton look down in the first pick.  Perhaps we've found the actor needed for Big Trouble in Little China 2.
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 11:06:11 AM

Stuntman Mike is the only actor needed for Jack Burton in Big Trouble in Little China 2.  End of the discussion.
Damn Dirty Ape
Terracotta Army

Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 01:50:51 PM

Stuntman Mike is 56 years old.  56 year old people driving as fast as they can see is a scary thought.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #14 on: March 10, 2008, 10:16:16 PM

Apparently, they're finally suppposed to show a trailer for this on Wed. at 9:56 p.m. ET, on MTV, MTVU, MTV2, FH1, Spike TV, Nick at Nite, and CMT.  Not that I really expect anyone to care enough to wait at their TV's for the trailer to come on.  Mostly I just find it out that they've waited until almost exactly three months before the movie releases to show a trailer for it.  Did it just take them this long to get to a point where they were comfortable with how the special effects looked?
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #15 on: March 11, 2008, 10:34:53 AM

Might be it doesn't have Iron Man level budget.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #16 on: March 11, 2008, 01:10:58 PM

Might be it doesn't have Iron Man level budget.

Well it is damaged goods at this point. 
Aez
Terracotta Army

Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 04:30:22 PM

Anyone know why they're not casting Bana again?  I tough he was a great in the first one.
Evil Elvis
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 05:23:26 PM

It could be the shitty quality, but the CGI actually looks worse than the last one.

http://io9.com/367175/your-first-look-at-the-hulk-vs-abomination-smackdown?autoplay=true
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 10:41:26 PM

Anyone know why they're not casting Bana again?  I tough he was a great in the first one.

Bana apparently lost a lot of enthusiasm in being the Hulk after his experience with Ang Lee. I believe he said he'd never been on a more serious movie set.

On a related note, apparently Norton and Marvel are banging heads over the final cut of this new film.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #20 on: March 13, 2008, 01:05:49 AM

It could be the shitty quality, but the CGI actually looks worse than the last one.

http://io9.com/367175/your-first-look-at-the-hulk-vs-abomination-smackdown?autoplay=true

Yeah, I think I'm just gonna sit this one out if I can avoid it at work.
schild
Administrator

Reply #21 on: March 13, 2008, 01:09:32 AM

Hulk fucking sucks. But I would pay $100 to see Tim Roth vs Edward Norton.

So there's that.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #22 on: March 13, 2008, 01:23:45 AM

Hulk fucking sucks. But I would pay $100 to see Tim Roth vs Edward Norton.

So there's that.

If only we were getting Tim Roth vs. Edward Norton instead of CGI Hulk vs. CGI Abomination.
schild
Administrator

Reply #23 on: March 13, 2008, 01:24:43 AM

I was referring to the Chess scene...

Who am I kidding? I'll download it and skip the parts that made me download it instead of spending $9.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #24 on: March 13, 2008, 08:29:14 AM

Yeah, Hulk is still just too shiny. I didn't realize Ed Norton, Tim Roth and Liv Tyler were in this thing. I thought they'd cast cheap unknowns. I'm thinking the fact that I haven't really heard much about it is not a good sign of its quality.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #25 on: March 13, 2008, 08:46:52 AM

I thought Bana was cool too, but Ed Norton seems like a perfect Bruce Banner. Hopefully it doesn't suck!

Hulk fucking sucks.

Man, that's crazy talk!

shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #26 on: March 13, 2008, 08:49:47 AM

I don't see where the hate comes from. That trailer was solid enough. Not omgfingawesome like Iron Man, but solid.

I have never played WoW.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #27 on: March 13, 2008, 11:47:32 AM

I agree with shiznitz.  I wasn't going to see this.  I may now.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #28 on: March 13, 2008, 11:58:45 AM

For those who don't know, the picture quality on the movieweb site is slightly better than the earlier mentioned link.  As for why I don't like it, it's because the Abomination/Hulk showdown looks like pure unfiltered crap.  Also the cheesy dramatic music they're playing when the two charge and leap at each other in what looks it could be a trailer for a sequel to the Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects fighting game, doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence.
Llava
Contributor

Reply #29 on: March 13, 2008, 12:15:17 PM

It wasn't the fight scene that convinced me.  Ed Norton looks to be doing a good job with Banner, and I'm interested to see if they can really explore the character.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #30 on: March 13, 2008, 12:23:32 PM

It wasn't the fight scene that convinced me.  Ed Norton looks to be doing a good job with Banner, and I'm interested to see if they can really explore the character.

That's great and all, but as good as all the character work might be leading up to it, I just have little desire to watch a movie where I expect the climax to suck.
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #31 on: March 13, 2008, 01:57:13 PM

My problem with that trailer is that it removed all of the surprise of the film and pretty much gave me an idea of how the entire thing plays out.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #32 on: March 13, 2008, 02:33:19 PM

My problem with that trailer is that it removed all of the surprise of the film and pretty much gave me an idea of how the entire thing plays out.

Isn't that the problem with just about every trailer though?
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #33 on: March 13, 2008, 04:42:06 PM

This one was so damn blatent.  Geez I wonder what the last 10 minutes of the movie is going to be? Bruce Banner reaching the end of his character arc to embrace his alter-ego instead of shunning it, fighting the Abomination on the city streets, and la de freaking dah.

If the meat of your trailer is the last 30 minutes then yeah, fuck that.  I'll still see it but shit.  They're probably going to surprise everyone with an Avengers setup that includes an intelligent Hulk.  Oh, and The Matrix had the best trailer that didn't ruin anything.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #34 on: March 14, 2008, 04:28:34 PM

For crissakes. He's the Hulk. Damn whether you the know outcome or not. It's just cool to watch him smash shit.

I think the Bana one succeeded in that respect too... Don't know why there's so much hate for it.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Hulk Movie Redux  
Jump to: