Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 02:52:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1997439 times)
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #7910 on: July 08, 2011, 11:00:54 PM

It was good until he started talking.   I lost all urge to continue watching at that point.
I don't get that. vOv
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 11:07:10 PM by tgr »

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7911 on: July 08, 2011, 11:12:33 PM

In other news, Mostly Harmless was reset, because apparently they thought selling supers to raidendot etc for less than mineral cost was a great idea.
6:09:23 AM) directorbot: As of now MH have been reset. "lord 2evil > the offer was for us to have half of dek if we side with pl and nc.dot and evoke was the oferr" Murder them. Murder them all.

***  This was a broadcast from vile_rat to all, replies are not monitored ***
(6:12:19 AM) directorbot: MH reset, taking advantage before they can fully evac.  Shiptypes as follows: Shield Logi > Shield BC > Shield Else.   Mumble OP 1.  FC is Aracturus

***  This was a broadcast from kismeteer to all, replies are not monitored ***
(6:34:18 AM) directorbot: Holy balls Mostly Harmless are useless, terrible people. Grief them into nothing - any kind of cruelties you can invent (the 'i'll help you evac' scam is always a good one) I just got back from an errand to discover the stuttering, limp-wristed 'considered' betrayal of these sub-literate wretches. I don't care if we're on the defensive - some things cannot go unpunished.

***  This was a broadcast from themittani to all, replies are not monitored ***
(6:41:19 AM) directorbot: For a little context, a couple of weeks ago MH sold all their supercaps that were still in build in Branch to Raidendot as Branch fell for less than mineral cost. When confronted about this, their HIGH COUNCIL didn't even have the good grace to deny the accusation; they shrugged and said that this made the most financial sense for their corps, since of course what matters in Eve Online is making your corp a lot of isk, even at the expense of expanding the very supercapital fleet which is busy ruining your space. Death, death, death to Mostly Harmless and their old-NC, 'sell supers to our enemies' paradigm.

Not that I'm bitter or anything. When I found out about this, I made an inquiry with Elise to hire PL to purge MH, but it didn't go anywhere and 'we can't strategically afford to let them die'.

(6:50:57 AM) directorbot: (11:50:18 PM) vile_rat: oh shit guys
(11:50:25 PM) vile_rat: how will we defend our space without mhhahhahahahahah
(11:50:28 PM) vile_rat: hahahahhaahahhahahahahahhahahahahah
(11:50:35 PM) vile_rat: 6_6
(11:50:54 PM) the_mittani: i dunno how we're going to pull this off without mostly haruahahuahughguhguhguhauahg

(6:55:11 AM) directorbot: anyone that got left in 8r- im doing a convoy back to VFK in 10 minutes, log on there and join the home fleet

***  This was a broadcast from Vily to all, replies are not monitored ***
(7:42:02 AM) directorbot: (12:40:41 AM) hratli_smirks: The North is extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their greed and pubbiehood will foam up about their waists and all the RAGES and Mostly Harmlesses will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "fo."

Mostly Harmless's population are completely clueless about the reset. They live mostly in Fade and around P2 in Pure Blind, those that haven't evacced yet. Make them suffer while they're still unaware of their leadership's treason.

Vile rat > Howdy Friend!
    lord 2evil > hello
    Vile rat > how you been?
    lord 2evil > not to bad ,same old crap , you?
    Vile rat > you know, peachy
    lord 2evil > sweet
    Vile rat > can you walk me through a couple things?
    Vile rat > I'd appreciate it greatly
    lord 2evil > sure
    lord 2evil > whats up?
    Vile rat > what caused your falling apart?
    lord 2evil > well most of all lets see evoke , ewokes ,nc.dot and pl just to start and no we havent fell abort we are still a good pvp force
    Vile rat > are you sitll in this fight?
    Vile rat > cause despite the comms issue we did not abandon you
    lord 2evil > we cant hold out agenst all these people , just to much ,them we were cut out of goons mumble and lost our ally so we are hurting yes.
    Vile rat > you were not cut out
    Vile rat > It is kinda laughable if the result weren't so tragic
    lord 2evil > really
    Vile rat > when you guys started having problems mittens made the call to cut you from our supercap channel
    Vile rat > because of the high risk level of it
    Vile rat > until you guys stabilized
    Vile rat > solo drakban
    Vile rat > (our it guy)
    Vile rat > misinterpreted it
    Vile rat > removed services for the group.
    Vile rat > Nobody noticed until somebody reported that they couldn't connect
    lord 2evil > when was that reported?
    Vile rat > 2 days ago?
    lord 2evil > we still cant get on
    Vile rat > no because you guys announced you were pulling out
    Vile rat > and I have little...
    Vile rat > birdies
    Vile rat > telling me things. I need them cleared up
    Vile rat > first off, is MH committed to continuing the fight despite your setbacks?
    lord 2evil > is this how you help people that you said are your alys ?
    Vile rat > do you always answer questions with questions?
    Vile rat > Granted I just did that,
    lord 2evil > umm no
    lord 2evil > lol
    lord 2evil > mh  is looking at its options
    Vile rat > Are you?
    Vile rat > Or have you decided on one.
    lord 2evil > not yet
    Vile rat > and had that decision reach me by agents.
    lord 2evil > nouthing is in stone
    Vile rat > Let's not bullshit each other from here on out ok?
    Vile rat > It's... uncouth!
    lord 2evil > um ok
    Vile rat > For example
    Vile rat > Just throwing shit out there cause HEH
    Vile rat > it's fun to throw shit! (I'm a monkey!)
    Vile rat > you wouldn't have switched sides and decided to hand over yoru sov to a hostile group?
    lord 2evil > true
    Vile rat > especially to a group that leaks like a sieve
    Vile rat > and is utterly infiltrated by our agents
    Vile rat > I mean you WOULDNT do that
    Vile rat > MH ... wouldn't do that!
    lord 2evil > ofc not we are looking at options right now nouthing is in stone ofc we would have been able to ask your adive if we were able to reach goons on comms
    Vile rat > I have no fewer than 8 people on my diplomatic team
    Vile rat > as illustrated in our alliance desc.
    Vile rat > So.
    lord 2evil > what are you asking Vile?
    Vile rat > I'm not a big fan of posting logs
    Vile rat > So I'm not.
    Vile rat > I however will ask you bluntly.
    Vile rat > Have people in your alliance made overtures to hostile groups offering to switch sov?
    Vile rat > Maybe this can be an educational session :)
    lord 2evil > we did not aproch anyone
    lord 2evil > nouthing has been decided
    Vile rat > what is the offer.
    lord 2evil > nouthing is in stone
    lord 2evil > the offer was for us to have half of dek if we side with pl and nc.dot and evoke was the oferr
    Vile rat > lord 2evil > nouthing has been decided
    lord 2evil > it hasnt
    Vile rat > Let me help you with your decision.
    Vile rat > Tector?
    Vile rat > Proceed.

Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #7912 on: July 09, 2011, 02:52:21 AM

Thank god that last piece of northern rubbish is being dealt with, they were the allies from hell.  Even in a fight to the death we deserve some lighter moments - such as purging MH from 0.0.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7913 on: July 09, 2011, 10:44:51 AM

Let me see if I have this straight:

Morsus Mihi sensibly fled south weeks ago.
The Evoke coalition is shooting Goons and MH.
Goons are shooting MH and evaccing to Empire.
MH are trying to be friends with everyone while evaccing to Empire (and selling off what they can't evac to the enemies conquering them).

Is that it?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 10:47:44 AM by Stabs »
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #7914 on: July 09, 2011, 12:33:47 PM

Never liked those guys.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7915 on: July 09, 2011, 01:32:36 PM

Not sure if I'd say that we're evacuating to empire, but the smart amongst us in bat country are at least evacuating the non-essentials to empire, dunno about the rest of the alliance. It would certainly be prudent to do so.

We're not leaving here until we're thrown out, though. Or until we welp sov bills. vOv

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7916 on: July 09, 2011, 01:33:30 PM

Also, in other news:

(10:38:34 PM) directorbot: MOSTLY HARMLESS DRAMA, PART TWO: We have now spoken with the MH ~high council~, minus one "Lord 2Evil", and they have vehemently reassured me that L2E is a sub-literate barely educated incompetent old man who spent hours and hours 'considering' selling us down a river. The rest of MH woke up into a state of great surprise, and our old friend Nevvyn (who is actually a really cool dude and brokered our original alliance with the NC in 2007, no seriously) came back, threw L2E under a bus, disavowed and condemned him, and we're going to re-blue them presently.

This is a great blow to the plans of Triumvirate who apparently expected that MH would be dropping all of their sov and rolling out a red carpet for them; instead they'll have to grind it the old fashioned way. MH is in fact withdrawing to NPC space, but we don't blame them for that.

Diplos, ruining the shoot former blues fun of eve. :(

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #7917 on: July 09, 2011, 02:48:08 PM

Always liked those guys.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7918 on: July 09, 2011, 02:51:09 PM

Ahh, the difference a few hours make. awesome, for real

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #7919 on: July 09, 2011, 03:26:24 PM

Triumvirate exists, again?  It's amazing how often corps in eve can be completely obliterated only to come back again.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7920 on: July 09, 2011, 07:54:38 PM

The main corps in Tri never really died, they just went their separate ways for a few months until D00M decided to get the band back together again.  The current incarnation has actually been going for a pretty good while now.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7921 on: July 09, 2011, 09:18:08 PM

Ah, Eve the terrible game with the amusing drama from terrible people.

Lord 2evil being the MH director who wanted to sell them out, Cold Vendetta being a NC. director.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7922 on: July 10, 2011, 01:13:43 AM

Yep. The MH HC is filled with retarded idiots.
after they took my roles away from HC i thought what a bunch of dic.s so yes after i read this i had enough.

MOSTLY HARMLESS DRAMA, PART TWO: We have now spoken with the MH ~high council~, minus one “Lord 2Evil”, and they have vehemently reassured me that L2E is a sub-literate barely educated incompetent old man who spent hours and hours ‘considering’ selling us down a river. The rest of MH woke up into a state of great surprise, and our old friend Nevvyn (who is actually a really cool dude and brokered our original alliance with the NC in 2007, no seriously) came back, threw L2E under a bus, disavowed and condemned him, and we’re going to re-blue them presently.

This is a great blow to the plans of Triumvirate who apparently expected that MH would be dropping all of their sov and rolling out a red carpet for them; instead they’ll have to grind it the old fashioned way. MH is in fact withdrawing to NPC space, but we don’t blame them for that.
i mean dont screw somone then give the way to pay you back. i feel sorry for the grunts so i didnt change the sov or kick corps out but let the HC explane how you can scr.w somone and not get away with it . oh well it was only 190 bill :P most of all scrw goons

Sigh. What's wrong with people.

Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #7923 on: July 10, 2011, 03:23:17 AM

Well maybe Deklein is doomed but you wouldn't know it from the fights that are going down.  The goons just whelped a Tengu / AHAC fleet while defending a moon pos in Cloud Ring under a cynojammer and kicked butt. 

We've just heard that TEST and friends are coming to VFK to help defend us - I've got to tell you that I feel exhilarated after this latest battle with news of our friends coming to our assistance.  Maybe we're going to lose but it's going to be a hell of a ride - I predict we're about to make Eve history!
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7924 on: July 10, 2011, 04:47:54 AM

Yep, when I saw all those AHAC's and Tengu I thought things were looking bad since numbers were pretty much even and both of those are small signature ships. But the Maelstroms seemed to have little problem taking out primaries. It's a pretty expensive loss for the forces of elite PvP.

More importantly it makes the NC's pathetic defense look even worse.

- Simond
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7925 on: July 10, 2011, 05:00:43 AM

To be fair, they had been going at it over geminate for a few months already, and they had lost a fair bit of supercapitals, so their morale were in the shitter.

Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #7926 on: July 10, 2011, 05:10:41 AM

NC had bad FCs  and bad fleet composition.  They p. well lost every fight they had.  It's  pathetic they lost Tribute without forcing PL etc to grind their way through each system.  They could have used their super caps under jammers to good effect, but they preferred to evacuate.  For me that was pathetic, I'll be pissed if the goons don't fight to the end.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7927 on: July 10, 2011, 05:14:19 AM

Agree. They still had a lot more pilots and super-capitals even then than GSF does now. Their lack of leadership did more damage to their morale than the ship losses I think.

If we lose Deklein I hope we'll make sure they paid in blood and effort for it.

- Simond
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7928 on: July 10, 2011, 06:03:24 AM

NC had bad FCs  and bad fleet composition.  They p. well lost every fight they had.  It's  pathetic they lost Tribute without forcing PL etc to grind their way through each system. They could have used their super caps under jammers to good effect, but they preferred to evacuate.  For me that was pathetic, I'll be pissed if the goons don't fight to the end.
The last time they tried that, they put their titans on the gate. It broke the last last will to fight both the NC FCs and the NC grunts had, as it showed them that they would lose even with a jammer AND supercaps on the field.

Grath once said that the old NC's fleet composition was like if someone took the station, turned it upside down and shook it, and whatever fell out was the fleet of the day, I called them ctrl-a-cats, either way we're all in agreement that they could've done with a better (or at least a more cohesive) fleet doctrine and, yes, better FCs.

Also, never underestimate the morale impact of losing even a single supercap, let alone multiple, especially when that in turn makes the supercap pilots stop logging in and the enemy is getting more and more of a supercap superiority.

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7929 on: July 10, 2011, 08:30:35 AM

I did it to save you!

lord 2evil
Amarr
-Mostly Harmless-    

after they took my roles away from HC i thought what a bunch of dic.s so yes after i read this i had enough.MOSTLY HARMLESS DRAMA, PART TWO: We have now spoken with the MH ~high council~, minus one “Lord 2Evil”, and they have vehemently reassured me that L2E is a sub-literate barely educated incompetent old man who spent hours and hours ‘considering’ selling us down a river. The rest of MH woke up into a state of great surprise, and our old friend Nevvyn (who is actually a really cool dude and brokered our original alliance with the NC in 2007, no seriously) came back, threw L2E under a bus, disavowed and condemned him, and we’re going to re-blue them presently.

This is a great blow to the plans of Triumvirate who apparently expected that MH would be dropping all of their sov and rolling out a red carpet for them; instead they’ll have to grind it the old fashioned way. MH is in fact withdrawing to NPC space, but we don’t blame them for that.

i mean dont screw somone then give the way to pay you back. i feel sorry for the grunts so i didnt change the sov or kick corps out but let the HC explane how you can scr.w somone and not get away with it . oh well it was only 190 bill :P most of all scrw goons

I feel like I've just seen this movie. lord 2evil tried to open the gate to cybertron and got shot in the head because of it. I'm sad SirMolle isn't around anymore to play the part of Megatron though.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7930 on: July 10, 2011, 10:11:03 AM

It seems this keeps happening.

As soon as a Director with access to large amounts of isk is humiliated people must empty the piggy bank first. Kartoon, Lord2Evil. Stealing the isk is the obvious thing to do if everyone hates you anyway.

Incidentally how does one pronounce Lord 2Evil? Lord Too Evil? Lord Tweevil? And no one noticed someone called Too Evil had access to the communal isk?
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #7931 on: July 10, 2011, 10:25:33 AM

And no one noticed someone called Too Evil had access to the communal isk?

I want to say they should have noticed he can't seem to find the shift key either.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7932 on: July 10, 2011, 11:03:31 AM

The problem is that if you lock everything down you wind up with situations like the sov bill losing Delve nonsense.

Hic sunt dracones.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7933 on: July 10, 2011, 03:05:36 PM

Yes I can see that.

It's actually kinda brilliant social engineering by CCP. By making so much of Eve's corp management tedious, over-elaborate and unrewarding they drive away the people who would help out of altruism and get a situation where the only people motivated enough to tolerate the chores are people who are thinking of abusing the position. Which keeps nullsec from becoming stagnant and the game from lacking drama.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #7934 on: July 10, 2011, 05:39:23 PM

Social Engineering brilliance, eh?  I thought the reason for the crappy UI design was complete lack of talent at coding.

You must like them a lot.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7935 on: July 10, 2011, 06:37:00 PM

UI design != coding, completely different skillset.

Brolan
Terracotta Army

Reply #7936 on: July 10, 2011, 07:16:30 PM

It seems this keeps happening.

As soon as a Director with access to large amounts of isk is humiliated people must empty the piggy bank first. Kartoon, Lord2Evil. Stealing the isk is the obvious thing to do if everyone hates you anyway.

Incidentally how does one pronounce Lord 2Evil? Lord Too Evil? Lord Tweevil? And no one noticed someone called Too Evil had access to the communal isk?

That reminds me of the biggest laugh I ever had in Eve.  A player named "Corporate Thief" was complaining in local how he couldn't get into a corp.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7937 on: July 10, 2011, 07:34:21 PM

So 3 tech moons in lowsec came out today. They weren't under a jammer, so NNC supercaps were pretty much certain, but the actual scale is hilarious. Apparently they came around with 120 or so people, of which 30+ were titans, and 70+ in total were supercaps.

"Guys guys supers are fair and balanced"
*drops 3+ trillion isk worth of ships with negiligible support over 3 tech moons*

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7938 on: July 10, 2011, 08:58:28 PM

"It was 320 versus 120, you blobbed us"
"you should build a 400 dread suicide fleet"
"It's your fault for not building a bigger fleet"

It will be extremely interesting to see what CCP do. An "open world" PvP game like is very sensitive to imbalance and much harder to repair once it is out of kilter than avoiding the situation in the first place. To re-energise null-sec into a balanced struggle between multiple entities will be an impressive feat.

- Simond
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7939 on: July 11, 2011, 12:10:38 AM

Judging from http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=10130753, that's 10 avatars, 4 erebuses and 1 revelation, 4 moroses and 3 phoenixes, 22 nyxes, 7 aeons, 2 wyverns and 3 hels, and 21 archons, 10 nidhoggurs, 29 thanatoses, 7 chimeras, and 3 unknown.

That's 15 titans, 34 supercarriers, 7 dreads and 70 carriers. And no subcap as support, just carriers and token dreads.

It's like they're desperately trying to make CCP nerf the fuck out of supercaps. I really don't get it.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7940 on: July 11, 2011, 12:15:50 AM

CCP caused it. Hinting at a nerf to super-caps, but no details and no timelines, made it sensible to push their advantage aggressively.

This way if there is re-balancing less intense than "all super-caps explode" they'll still be safely dominant with Goons and -A- evicted. And since they control massive resources and secure null-sec to build super-capitals they can continue to extend their dominance.

- Simond
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7941 on: July 11, 2011, 02:25:41 AM

Social Engineering brilliance, eh?  I thought the reason for the crappy UI design was complete lack of talent at coding.

You must like them a lot.

It's not fanboyism. I think in general there are a lot of features which viewed in isolation seem bad but when meshed into a complex virtual world have unexpected benefits. I see this as emergent gameplay, albeit unintended by the players and quite possibly the devs.

I do think it's a good feature and very healthy for Eve. If you could run an Alliance simply by the CEO configuring some settings once then have it all go seemlessly afterwards it would be a less interesting game.

Of course as a feature it's annoying to be on the receiving end, I imagine Hargoth seems a much more fun time than Niart Epar to Goon allies.
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7942 on: July 11, 2011, 02:28:05 AM

That reminds me of the biggest laugh I ever had in Eve.  A player named "Corporate Thief" was complaining in local how he couldn't get into a corp.

He MUST have been trolling. Anyone with a pulse who asks for a corp in the Recruitment channel gets a dozen convos instantly.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7943 on: July 11, 2011, 02:32:56 PM

Basically, even if the Goons devoted every waking non-space-defending moment on capital construction, they'd still be dozens if not hundreds of capitals behind.

I was talking to Myna about this and if we RMTed illegally (ie the cheap way) it would cost us about a third of a million dollars to buy equality in supercaps.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Amaron
Terracotta Army

Reply #7944 on: July 11, 2011, 03:03:05 PM

I was talking to Myna about this and if we RMTed illegally (ie the cheap way) it would cost us about a third of a million dollars to buy equality in supercaps.

It's amusing when you consider a super carrier is at least 65+ plex (I don't know exactly what they cost but whatever).   Gold ammo is already in the game really.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: