Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 07:36:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1972760 times)
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7735 on: March 02, 2011, 04:20:19 PM

Most of these are southern forces (Evoke, NC.) or ex southern (Raiden). I think the Russians would quite like the geminate tech moons and more botting grounds. But unless NC collapses rapidly their lack of time zone coverage and smaller number of pilots leaves them prone to getting burnt out. Even with the stupid number of supers they have access to.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7736 on: March 02, 2011, 04:46:51 PM

yeah the Russians weakness was always their TZ coverage. That's why they needed Goons as allies to even that up. And Raidendot wont twitch without Russian support as they are all BOB players; ergo I don't see a lot happening there.

Hic sunt dracones.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #7737 on: March 05, 2011, 12:21:49 PM

The Clusterfuck Shieldfleet had a fight in Fountain against a HUN Reloaded and Nulli Secunda Armorfleet, mostly Abaddons and Guardians. Both sides had roughly 110 people, but the HUN/NS fleet had more battleships and logistics, and thus won the fight by outrepping the damage.

https://killboard.goonfleet.com/battles/1953

tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #7738 on: March 05, 2011, 12:55:39 PM

We began by setting up with dictors etc on the gate, us 60km or so off the gate and logis a bit above that again. They jumped in around 45 abaddons and 25 guardians and a few other assorted ships I didn't take note of, and burned out of the bubbles as soon as they could, and warped 200-300km off. We then began a ping-pong dance going back and forth where both fleets warped to eachother at roughly the same time, until finally we were caught.

We were able to alpha their ships initially, but we quickly got below critical mass for alpha, and they just began tearing us up, especially when they were point blank. At this point I fell out of the fight.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #7739 on: March 17, 2011, 08:34:47 AM

I've read too many Endie War Reports.   I can't even explain how close I just came to using the word "Chucklefucks" while explaining something to my boss.

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #7740 on: March 17, 2011, 05:01:31 PM

Fighting between the NC and the Drone Russians in Geminate. Drone Block lost 5 titans, but what can you expect when the NC brings more supercarriers than you have battleships.

http://rawr.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&kll_id=9161722
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7741 on: March 17, 2011, 05:04:55 PM

Ouch.

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #7742 on: March 18, 2011, 02:36:12 AM

Holy shit, the estimated loss was over five hundred billion.  That's half of Molle's imaginary bankroll, gone in a night.  More of a spanking than most alliances could survive without disintegrating into angst within a week as everyone blamed each other for the colossal failure.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7743 on: March 18, 2011, 02:46:02 AM

Almost estimated at 600b now (596b to be exact). God damn that has to hurt.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7744 on: March 18, 2011, 05:04:46 AM

So something along the lines of 30,000 USD$ if you tried to buy the same value using plex.

Ouch indeed.

- Simond
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #7745 on: March 18, 2011, 01:07:02 PM

Ok, NC are getting ridiculous.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7746 on: March 18, 2011, 05:34:00 PM

How so?

Game is entering end-game mudflation though. The Russians fielded a fleet of 50-60 super-carriers before this which is just sort of sick. Especially considering each of those is a powerful logistics platform as well as holding massive offensive power and a huge hit point pool.

- Simond
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7747 on: March 18, 2011, 05:37:10 PM

Holy mother of Christ.

I cant even begin to think how you would or could fight a force like that.

And yes the Russians are just as bad as NC in all this.

Hic sunt dracones.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7748 on: March 18, 2011, 05:46:05 PM

You fight it with a bigger super-capital blob. Which is why CCP graphs of economic activity show a massive boom in supercapital construction. All the larger power blocks are pumping these things out as fast as they can. And if one side loses or becomes unwilling to field their super-cap fleet it will be really hard for them to hold Sov against the other. That number of super-caps are literally immune to any sub-capital threat.

So in truth the political map basically looks like NC versus DRF. With DC (Goons / Test and friends) lesser allies of the NC and PL would show up for the Russians if they got really pressured. If NC or DRF actually falls to the other it is very close to game over until they fragment.

- Simond
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7749 on: March 18, 2011, 07:31:49 PM

Clearly they need a new ship class, SUPER MEGA CAPITAL Ships!  why so serious?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #7750 on: March 18, 2011, 07:34:35 PM

Clearly they need a new ship class, SUPER MEGA CAPITAL Ships!  why so serious?

Death Stars for everyone!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7751 on: March 18, 2011, 07:38:08 PM

Either that or an X wing frigate that can drop proton torpedoes down its exhaust funnel, as long as you use the botting program force.

Hic sunt dracones.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7752 on: March 18, 2011, 07:47:58 PM

They could remove its logistic capacity which would probably be enough. That way you either use regular carriers or logistics ships to keep it healed, both of which are vulnerable to subcaps, or you can potentially lose one to a subcap fleet. But any nerf to supercarriers is going to cause howls of protest that grow worse the longer they wait.

And given the latest expansion dropped a new supercap blueprint and named modules for super-caps it's hard to tell if they even consider it a concern.

- Simond
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #7753 on: March 19, 2011, 08:39:33 AM

The new supercap is poop and looks exactly like poop, along with being hard to get as the Gooncursion crew has found out. My suggestion for supercapital removal is simple: Ion Cruisers in the form of T3 battlecruisers. It would turn PL into the anti-supercapital mongoose.

One of the TEST corps, ironically the one that replaced OMFG I suppose, lost a titan doing a drive-by. He did the doomsday, warped to a safespot, warped to another safespot, then warped back to the first safespot which had gotten probed down and got bubbled: http://kb.pleaseignore.com/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=97339

There is internal drama in Ev0ke. Something about Cloud Ring not turning out the way they anticipated, or something. More news later.

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7754 on: March 19, 2011, 08:50:23 AM

It's seriously time to remove supercap ECM invulnerability.  Unless CCP actually wants supercaps online where an alliance nub has to train and grind for years to meaningfully contribute.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 08:52:09 AM by Sparky »
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7755 on: March 19, 2011, 09:04:43 AM

They remove supercap ecm invulnerability and they become vulnerable to an ordinary ship with a point. That's where the inscramable ability came from in the first place, an unintended consequence.

I honestly so think CCP want's supercap online, as its the only way have 0.0 the domain of the "elite" players. I remember was back when when CCP was showing off their wonderful game system to some reporters and industry guys, and they asked a loat of people to come onto Singularity to play out a battle. Well not only could a load of people not log in, but the battle lagged to hell. And then to show of how wonderful it is, they fired off a few remote AOE Doomsdays through a CYNO and wiped out both fleets. CCP said that the people were impressed. However what was found out later from reports was that the correct word would have been "Horrified". They thought that the whole doomsday thing was stupid and would piss off hundreds of players.

Hic sunt dracones.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #7756 on: March 19, 2011, 09:59:47 AM

They remove supercap ecm invulnerability and they become vulnerable to an ordinary ship with a point.
Why is that bad though?  You'd have to use your caps with a support fleet like back in the old pre-super days.  Gave even the freshest nub something to do and generally made fleet composition much more interesting.  Pretty much any other nerf would just be tinkering at the edges.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7757 on: March 19, 2011, 11:25:52 AM

There is internal drama in Ev0ke. Something about Cloud Ring not turning out the way they anticipated, or something. More news later.

Ev0ke was in cloud ring? Rimshot

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7758 on: March 19, 2011, 12:07:41 PM

They remove supercap ecm invulnerability and they become vulnerable to an ordinary ship with a point.
Why is that bad though?  You'd have to use your caps with a support fleet like back in the old pre-super days.  Gave even the freshest nub something to do and generally made fleet composition much more interesting.  Pretty much any other nerf would just be tinkering at the edges.

I never said it was bad at all, just the opposite. Remember I lived in the era where there was no way of holding a supercap in place because of 20KM smartbombs.

Hic sunt dracones.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7759 on: March 20, 2011, 12:59:56 AM

It's seriously time to remove supercap ECM invulnerability.  Unless CCP actually wants supercaps online where an alliance nub has to train and grind for years to meaningfully contribute.

They do.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7760 on: March 20, 2011, 04:00:33 AM

I suspect so. They probably see it as natural progression. But then CCP are terrible and currently distracted.

At this moment DRF and NC are having another super-cap heavy punch-up. "I count 8 Avatars, 4 Erebus, 52 Nyx, and 30 Aeons for the DRF side at this point." according to one of the more lucid posters on Kugutsumen. They were pretty much trading off blowing up titans with I think  9-10 confirmed dead before downtime hit.

- Simond
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7761 on: March 20, 2011, 08:13:51 PM

It used to be Battleships, then Tech 2 ships, then Dreads, then Titans, now it's Super Carriers or whatever the fuck we are on.

Once upon a time, losing a battleship was a big fucking deal too.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7762 on: March 20, 2011, 08:56:30 PM

And even now fielding a battleship fleet is an economic challenge for any nascent null-sec power. When the minimum barrier to entry is a supercap fleet and the money to replace it you can forget about that sort of thing. Leading to null-sec stagnating, especially if NC or DRF actually lose.

- Simond
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7763 on: March 21, 2011, 01:12:10 AM

You forget of course that you need sov in null sec space to actually build supers in the first place.

Hic sunt dracones.
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7764 on: March 21, 2011, 02:17:40 AM

I thought about saying that, but you can buy them.

Though in practical terms if you want to field a full fleet and be able to replace losses you pretty much need the resources and build capacity of secure null-sec space.

- Simond
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7765 on: March 22, 2011, 01:59:42 AM

I suspect that this year will see CCP announce a panicked, knee-jerk over-reaction to the current spiralling escalation.  Unlike Mittens - indeed, unlike most of 0.0 - I'm entirely sanguine about this.  I just want a non-static, evolving game which can hold my interest.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7766 on: March 22, 2011, 03:26:52 AM

I wouldn't mind it if the whole thing came to a 3 or 4 bloc 0.0, as long as the SOV mechanics weren't as shittastic as they are now with being able to reset a full week's progress in one night, no way of grinding down a defender so they start making timing mistakes, and even no real way to fuck up timing unless you're as competent as sons of tangra awesome, for real

If we also had the possibility of having multiple targets to hit, in more than 1 system at a time so that you have to choose where to attack and where to defend. The reason I say this is because as I see it, currently, if you're hit by a bigger force and they're attacking up to 6 systems at a time (I think this process can theoretically defend more systems than that, but I'm not spending too much time thinking about it), one way to defend is to pack everything you have in one system, save that and reset all the timers, the next day you move everything into the next system, defend and reset that, and so on until you round-robin back to the initial system. As long as you've got a SC majority, there's not that much attackers can do.

I'm probably wrong, but at least that's my impression of how the system can be gamed, and the more I think about it, the more the old POS system sounded better. Still not exactly fun, but at least more dynamic.

Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #7767 on: March 22, 2011, 07:31:17 AM

The old POS system was better. The only problem with it was that there were too many POS to kill once the fight had been decided.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #7768 on: March 27, 2011, 04:58:27 PM

GoonSwarm had a AHAC fleet lead by Mister Vee go look for ~good fights~ which turned into another Tech moon grab because we're insufferably stuck in our ways it seems. The Venal moon was being fought over by Wild Boars and MercilessDot with Agony Empire siding one of their side. After shooting some fleetwarping supercaps and a Rorqual to the gate and fighting some Abaddons we went to IRC space to pick a fight since "they always form up to fight people", which made us stare at an SBU for an hour and do a Drone site.

They didn't show up.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7769 on: April 11, 2011, 08:20:39 PM

It sounds like the northern war is heating up nicely now. PL is apparently hired by DRF to hit Geminate and Vale, and NCDOT/Ev0ke are running around and hitting CSAAs.

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: