Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 08:00:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1994174 times)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7665 on: February 06, 2011, 08:40:35 PM

tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #7666 on: February 07, 2011, 01:44:39 AM

and the south turns into feuding fiefdoms and bot-farmers while the NC gets (more) bored.
I'm actually sitting here thinking "...now what?" after we've essentially won fountain, and IT is basically dying.

Conquer the rest of the south? Post mining ops? Go on jihads in empire with 10 hour heroes? (the latter is actually something I'm starting to seriously contemplate just to get in on the whole "wring delicious tears from empire weenies" bandwagon).

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #7667 on: February 07, 2011, 02:04:58 AM

Just wait for now.  There may be a vacuum at the moment, but the lure of nullsec sovereignty will call new people to try to occupy the space IT held.  And the safe bet is that those people will be douchebags who need some killing.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #7668 on: February 07, 2011, 03:20:27 AM

Lure of nullsec sov?  Didn't CCP nerf that to be horribly expensive to maintain more than a constellation?  I think those interested in nullsec sov are already there; you're not gonna see any of the high-sec players have a change of heart.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #7669 on: February 07, 2011, 03:29:08 AM

Goons fucked up Delve by dropping stations all over it. The cost of holding it is astronomical and anyone who wants to live there has to already be a huge 0.0 level player to have the income streams capable of paying for it. All of those people already have space. Emergent new nullsec alliances couldn't afford the first month's rent.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #7670 on: February 07, 2011, 08:09:21 AM

Well someone's moving in.  You might see one of the bigguns migrate over to take it and free up cheaper space for the newbies, but someone somewhere is taking it. I just hope it isn't the goons, as I am lazy and don't want to have to haul over all of my ships and crap.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7671 on: February 07, 2011, 08:31:38 AM

Pretty certain you can rest easy on that account. Although I personally wouldn't mind it if we did move back, I do have a few hurricanes etc there, and I wouldn't mind getting back the stations we did have. But our current setup is pretty sweet as well, so I see no real reason to grind through delve etc if molle and his crew are on their way out anyways.

slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #7672 on: February 07, 2011, 08:42:19 AM

Goons fucked up Delve by dropping stations all over it. The cost of holding it is astronomical and anyone who wants to live there has to already be a huge 0.0 level player to have the income streams capable of paying for it. All of those people already have space. Emergent new nullsec alliances couldn't afford the first month's rent.

I never understood if you could undo this by removing the stations or not.  If you can remove them, why not do so?

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7673 on: February 07, 2011, 09:05:27 AM

Stations can't be removed, no. Once they're (correctly) dropped over downtime, they stay.

Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #7674 on: February 07, 2011, 09:41:17 AM

Yup, forever.  They can be captured but not destroyed.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #7675 on: February 07, 2011, 09:43:35 AM

Yup, forever.  They can be captured but not destroyed.

Which always brings up the question of what will their be to do when every system in 0.0 has a station on it and every battle is 1,000 people all in super carriers?  swamp poop

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Kitsune
Terracotta Army

Reply #7676 on: February 07, 2011, 09:46:21 AM

There's a finite amount of moon goo entering the economy for building capitals, so as long as people keep blowing each other up I don't think you need to worry about the thousand supercarrier fleet just yet.  If there are a couple years of relative peace to let people stockpile them, then yes, worry.
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #7677 on: February 07, 2011, 11:03:15 AM

There's a finite amount of moon goo entering the economy for building capitals, so as long as people keep blowing each other up I don't think you need to worry about the thousand supercarrier fleet just yet.  If there are a couple years of relative peace to let people stockpile them, then yes, worry.

I think the problem is more the fact that someone with 1 hulk bot mining in empire can almost afford to lose a super carrier a month.  Imagine what someone botting in 0.0 mining/ratting can buy.  But thats a whole different topic that will derail the thread.  Ohhhhh, I see.  (Death to botters in short)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 11:07:20 AM by Thrawn »

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #7678 on: February 07, 2011, 11:05:00 AM

and the south turns into feuding fiefdoms and bot-farmers while the NC gets (more) bored.
I'm actually sitting here thinking "...now what?" after we've essentially won fountain, and IT is basically dying.

Conquer the rest of the south? Post mining ops? Go on jihads in empire with 10 hour heroes? (the latter is actually something I'm starting to seriously contemplate just to get in on the whole "wring delicious tears from empire weenies" bandwagon).
Not going to be the NC, not going to be the drone Russions, probably not going to be -A- (given that a) EvilThug et. al. quit and b) They'd probably just fall over again tout suite). Hmm...someone arrogant, someone willing to throw supercaps around at the drop of a hat, someone full of terrible posters easy to troll, someone full of people easy to demonise and hate...

I wonder who that is going to be?  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

E: Also, I love the CSM plan.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 12:23:15 PM by Simond »

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #7679 on: February 08, 2011, 06:16:15 AM

Serious question:  How much does it cost to drop a station?   If it's cheap enough, then why don't goons just drop a station in every sector as a griefing tactic?

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7680 on: February 08, 2011, 06:50:18 AM

I have a vague recollection of someone from goons saying it is about 10-12 billion (to build) plus quite a lot of logistics effort, and no doubt there's upgrades after that. I suspect goons would rather have another super-carrier being built thant endless stations.

Is a man not entitled to the hurf of his durf?
- Simond
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7681 on: February 08, 2011, 08:29:17 AM

Serious question:  How much does it cost to drop a station?   If it's cheap enough, then why don't goons just drop a station in every sector as a griefing tactic?

Someone suggests filling delve with crappy Gallente space dongs every couple of weeks (even Gallente stations are underpowered) - and it is viable, the problem is the sheer logistical effort required to take a region just for a prank which would fly straight over most people's heads.

Besides which, CVA more or less did this in Providence.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #7682 on: February 08, 2011, 03:16:28 PM

Yeah, we promised to dongify Cloud Ring after defeating Ev0ke and look how that's not going through.
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7683 on: February 08, 2011, 05:51:36 PM

How is CVA handling the new sov mechanics anyways?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Dallan
Terracotta Army

Reply #7684 on: February 08, 2011, 09:43:37 PM

How is CVA handling the new sov mechanics anyways?

Didn't they get kicked out of Provi by Ushra'Khan or something?
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7685 on: February 08, 2011, 11:16:49 PM

AAA kicked out CVA last year, over some pretence about CVA being more friendly with goons than with what was then the Asscakes bloc.

Since that point someone has been kicked in or out of Providence more or less every week. Triumvirate and Ev-zero-ke are in Prov following their strategic retreat from Clusterfuck space, CVA have taken a chunk, as have a bunch of other alliances I've never heard of before.

It probably isn't a bad place to hang out and shoot people right now, but difficult to see anyone having a sustainable income down there.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 11:21:21 PM by eldaec »

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7686 on: February 09, 2011, 08:03:25 AM

That's a shame, CVA was the only alliance to do 0.0 'right', trying to turn it into their own version of empire space.

Oh well, such is EVE.

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #7687 on: February 11, 2011, 01:28:36 PM

Odds on the Karttoon thing being real?
(Karttoon has supposedly had all of his accounts permabanned for hacking the EVE client).

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7688 on: February 11, 2011, 04:30:25 PM

This is EVE, so anything is possible.

Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7689 on: February 11, 2011, 05:51:14 PM

Billions of Isk in stolen goon-gold sitting on a banned account is an excellent end to the story.

- Simond
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #7690 on: February 11, 2011, 06:02:46 PM

And suspiciously close to the tagline of many stories involving huge thefts.  Somehow, a lot of major scams seem to end with the thief quitting/getting banned/giving it all away.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7691 on: February 11, 2011, 06:19:18 PM

They would have been watching the account like hawks. I mean logging into 100's of billions of liquid Isk and assets and not being tempted to RMT some or all of it would be quite a challenge.

- Simond
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #7692 on: February 12, 2011, 03:58:58 AM

CCP Sreegs always gets his?
I'm still tending towards "yet another Triumdemic Legion troll", though.

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #7693 on: February 13, 2011, 02:29:18 PM

Rebellion disbands.

Apparently Daroh was asking questions akin to "Where's the money going?" and got told off by a CEO, so he pushed butan. Some of their corps are joining DC/NC.

For the rest: we'll miss you, gypsie-brosefs.

Oh and their space, Geminate, is now and NC vs. Drone Russian cauldron, where the name of the game is Whack'A'Sov.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7694 on: February 14, 2011, 04:09:49 PM

As an epilogue to the War in Fountain, a Eve Movie from FA of all people, showing some of the combat. You can hear GS FC DBRB and MrVee early on.

But the best ending I've seen goes to Reddit Of Fountains, Clowns, and Birthdays .The voice you hear at the start and the end is SirMolle himself as he dooms his alliance to a Greek tragedy. 
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 04:25:16 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Kageru
Terracotta Army

Reply #7695 on: February 15, 2011, 01:45:26 AM

Meanwhile over on the Russian NC border a planned betrayal (CEO of NC corp Rebellion dropping SoV and informing the drone Russians ahead of time) turns into a full on war. With the latest outcome being perhaps one of the most stupid battles in the entirety of Eve where pretty much the entire system was full of capitals, super-capitals and massive lag. The NC got pasted losing 12-2 on titans and 6-1 on super-carriers. Sub capital losses were.... well, who really cares?

It must be pretty obvious to every one, with the possible exception of CCP, that Eve is heading into the end-game. If a political group forms with a critical mass of super-capitals (for example DRF, Raiden (where IT's supers went), Evoke, PL against the NC in one plausible scenario) and either wins a decisive battle there's going to be very little chance of the victim holding onto SoV and making a comeback because these assets have a long build time, require owning secure space  and their pilots get skittish when the battle has turned and they can't be fielded securely.

- Simond
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7696 on: February 15, 2011, 04:38:27 AM

It can't go to end game even if someone "wins". It's conceivable that a coalition could occupy all of nullsec and set everyone blue but then it just becomes a different style of game, carebears in space, rather than ending. And there would always be the threat of it not lasting as a peaceful solution.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7697 on: February 15, 2011, 06:35:30 AM

The Chinese server is apparently one big cva-era providence nrds love-in.

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7698 on: February 15, 2011, 06:46:38 AM

I've heard that the nrds only lasted until they got dreads etc, at which point it blew up into 18 factions. I dunno if this is correct though.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7699 on: February 15, 2011, 09:32:16 AM

This has always been the problem with these territorial games, it just takes EVE a lot longer to reach this point due to it's sheer size... but even with it's size, it was very close to reaching this same point some 3-4 odd years ago. No one in-game at the time was in any kind of position to actually do anything against the dominant alliances back in the day, and those alliances were slowly whittling themselves down highlander style.

Then the goons decided to troll CCP/EVE and we know the rest.

You want to break the stagnation, find another huge social group with incredibly strong ties to each other and a sense of stubbornness and persistence. Hand them 10k free trials and watch the magic  why so serious?

Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: