Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:55:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1972954 times)
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #7105 on: April 10, 2010, 07:04:59 AM

I just lost a ship due to weird lag. we jumped into ki and were heading onwards to el8. We got on gate just fine, with 3 reds on it which I was completely unable to lock. I was also 20 off the gate because there was a bubble up, which I saw someone start shooting at a minute after I got there. Half the fleet moved towards the gate, half didn't, and I was completely unable to do anything myself. So I logged off and back in, only to find that 20 or so neutrals had come to the gate, and buttfucked my poor cane. This wasn't even going into a different system or loading grid, it just suddenly stopped responding to whatever I told it to.

It pissed me off something fierce, but I can't help but think what it would do to atlas' morale when they lose their entire fleet to this shit.

In other news, IT has added their KB to eve-kill, so numbers should hopefully be pretty representative of what really goes on (so we can get rid of the K/D discussions. On the other hand, I saw that our battles part of our KB had tons of kills that didn't show up on our battle overview when I was comparing the different KBs. So some code is letting people down there.

Anyhow, according to http://it.killmail.org/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=6286092 they got quite a lot more of ours than we got of theirs, but the figure I find funny is the amount of dictors they threw at us and lost. I'm glad I'm one of those concentrating mainly on getting rid of them, or we would probably have been slaughtered.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 07:06:31 AM by tgr »

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7106 on: April 10, 2010, 07:23:14 AM

Eve combat; They've gone studies. 60% of the time it works every time.  why so serious?

Hic sunt dracones.
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #7107 on: April 10, 2010, 11:00:13 AM

Looks like Rebellion Alliance killed a Circle Of Two supercarrier in Venal yesterday. I believe they are still allied with the NC although they did shoot down a MM tower in Venal, maybe with MM's permission to replace with their own?
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #7108 on: April 10, 2010, 05:21:28 PM

SOLOetc have now lost OEG, which has gone back to Red Alliance. OEG are a Russian corp of 123 members who had a reputation for being good PvPers.
rand
Terracotta Army

Reply #7109 on: April 10, 2010, 10:23:20 PM

also looks like XIX has been temp napping SC to fuck up the NC in a bunch of fights, so much for darius' horseshit about ~my drinking buddy~ Death
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7110 on: April 11, 2010, 05:00:27 AM

also looks like XIX has been temp napping SC to fuck up the NC in a bunch of fights, so much for darius' horseshit about ~my drinking buddy~ Death

Drinking buddy is not a transitive relationship.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7111 on: April 11, 2010, 06:44:43 PM

Could you guys please find a charismatic leader and recover within the foreseeable future? This is getting a bit weird, really. Shouldn't GS just do their own thing, mess someone else up and not care a thing about failures on the administrative level?

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #7112 on: April 11, 2010, 06:48:15 PM

Could you guys please find a charismatic leader and recover within the foreseeable future? This is getting a bit weird, really. Shouldn't GS just do their own thing, mess someone else up and not care a thing about failures on the administrative level?

Eve is a pretty different game now.  Everyone carries a cyno and hotdropps caps at a moments notice and can have 5 Supercaps in 30 minutes.  Doesn't seem like the old goon way of doing things works anymore.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
Numtini
Terracotta Army

Reply #7113 on: April 11, 2010, 06:57:50 PM

I heard waffe's applying to ZERG so the relocated loveu can put them back together.

If you can read this, you're on a board populated by misogynist assholes.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7114 on: April 11, 2010, 07:22:30 PM

Could you guys please find a charismatic leader and recover within the foreseeable future?

Sadly I've unsubbed  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Hic sunt dracones.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7115 on: April 11, 2010, 09:52:49 PM

Could you guys please find a charismatic leader and recover within the foreseeable future?

Sadly I've unsubbed  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

Touche ;-)

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7116 on: April 12, 2010, 12:46:22 PM

Eve is a pretty different game now.  Everyone carries a cyno and hotdropps caps at a moments notice and can have 5 Supercaps in 30 minutes.  Doesn't seem like the old goon way of doing things works anymore.

People get confused about how Goons built their internet space empire.

Goons took territory by logging on in Battleships just like everyone else. The important thing about the 'old goon way of doing things' is that it kept enough people logging on long enough to builld up to serious business.

That, and every single time they mass invited F13 people they steamrollered Bob and took Delve within a few months (true story).

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #7117 on: April 13, 2010, 02:19:30 AM

I was just thinking, wow look what happened to goons after we left. And by left I mean were kicked out.

Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7118 on: April 13, 2010, 03:13:51 AM

The old Goon way of doing things was to invite every pubbie they could.

They have recently discovered to their horror that some members of their 5000-strong zergfest were not, in fact, pre 2003 reg date Something Awful posters with thousands of posts on those fora.

We are now witnessing a process of join4guilds indignantly outing other join4guilds and purging them in the name of Goon purity.

Unfortunately the lynch mob mentality seems to have truly set in and no one has the balls to stand up and say they're being idiots. (Partly because the people who are thinking that and are cross to see the alliance disintegrating are join4guilds who don't want their backgrounds scrutinised).

I see no way out for Goonwaffe. I think all the active SA Eve players will have moved to the other Goon corps (Groon, Elitist Ops, The Executives) within a year.

At that point The Mittani will, no doubt, admit to being a deep undercover Bob alt, will claim credit for destroying the Goons in Eve and will graciously accept a managerial position on the editorial board of Ten Ton Hammer.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:24:23 AM by Stabs »
Stabs
Terracotta Army

Reply #7119 on: April 13, 2010, 03:18:42 AM

double post, sorry
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:22:58 AM by Stabs »
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7120 on: April 13, 2010, 03:36:49 AM

I used to be pretty depressed about the way we were ousted, but with the way shit's going for goons now, I'm kind of glad we were. It made for a pretty clean break which means I haven't got that much of a problem not giving a fuck if goons are dying.

Now I just need to stop fleeting up and do some bootlicking. Damn procastination...

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7121 on: April 13, 2010, 04:18:28 AM

Stuff

Seriouspost: this is just about the least accurate description of our current state of affairs that anyone could come up with.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #7122 on: April 13, 2010, 05:20:59 AM

I see no way out for Goonwaffe. I think all the active SA Eve players will have moved to the other Goon corps (Groon, Elitist Ops, The Executives) within a year.

It may be that you find that every "pure" SA goon left a year ago, and once the pogrom is done, there will be no one left except SOLODRAKBAN and The Mittani.

Witty banter not included.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #7123 on: April 13, 2010, 05:32:48 AM

From the SA Create awful Sci-Fi books thread.

I have the ideas of a 3 book series but I don't think I'd ever get the rights from CCP.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #7124 on: April 14, 2010, 12:28:24 PM

Didn't want that Cloud Ring anyway.  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7125 on: April 14, 2010, 12:33:28 PM

For the readers, this means that LODRA is pulling out of Cloud Ring and moving into Deklein to bunk with Tau Ceti Federation.  This means that the forces assaulting Cloud Ring now have a clear shot at Fade, or are freed up to assist in Pure Blind.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #7126 on: April 14, 2010, 12:58:07 PM

For the readers, this means that LODRA is pulling out of Cloud Ring and moving into Deklein to bunk with Tau Ceti Federation.  This means that the forces assaulting Cloud Ring now have a clear shot at Fade, or are freed up to assist in Pure Blind.

The move to Deklein was my idea and I went to TCF about it to arrange it.  Given how popular it is I'm pretty pleased.

Goons and TCF will be a far bigger problem now for the hostiles than each was alone, previously.

Twitter - Endieposts

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #7127 on: April 14, 2010, 02:26:41 PM

So your sleeping on TCF's couch?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #7128 on: April 14, 2010, 02:46:54 PM

It's a good move for SOLODRAKetc.

It doesn't make much difference to TCF, as they fight with the NC anyway rather than alone. It means something for the NC as a whole if SOLO members will be joining NC fleets.
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #7129 on: April 14, 2010, 02:51:27 PM

I think its great to see TCF and Goons back together, it will be a force to be reckoned with. Grats guys!

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #7130 on: April 14, 2010, 02:55:23 PM

So hang on, Lodra is joining the tribute list and becoming an NC guest?

Going to be interesting to see how this does down in NC fleets. For one thing, you guys need to teach NC how to shit up local properly.

This is not shitting up local....

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7131 on: April 19, 2010, 02:18:20 AM

NC propaganda:

SC propaganda:

I feel the burn.

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7132 on: April 26, 2010, 05:29:15 PM

So. Apparently a huge fight in ewok, x47 and h-w today. I've no details yet on how it went (apart from I believe we repped/are repping the ihub after we won the fight over the system.

Fun facts: mwd sticking for 30-90 minutes, inability to swap from scan res to targeting range scripts fort he duration of the entire fight, and 1-2 hours of trying to break the tank of 10-15 logis. Which was all undone after the node crashed, and taking with it what I suspect was 1-2 hours worth of activity. At least I ended up 500 AU away from anything else, and had to spend quite a few minutes trying to get back to the damn fleet.

Worst rollback I've ever seen so far. Way to go CCP.

I hope both IHUBs are repped, but it's 2:30 here now, and I have work tomorrow.

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7133 on: April 27, 2010, 02:10:07 AM

Quick update. EWOK and X47 IHUBS were both saved, I can't find the KB stats for the h-w fight offhand (and I'm not going to search that hard for it), but there was apparently a bonus cap fight in NCGR-Q where atlas' cap fleet was literally raped. Their killboard says 41 dreads and 11 carriers lost, with 25 dreads killed. Not the biggest cap fight of post-dominion to be sure, but still a nice fight.

EWOK: All SBUs killed, IHUB repped. http://rawr.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=6439245
X47: All SBUs killed, IHUB repped. Killboards are not found, can't be arsed to search further, I've work to do.
NCGR: Cap rape: http://rawr.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_related&adjacent&kll_id=6440953 and http://killboard.atlas-alliance.com/?a=kill_related&kll_id=168409
H-W: Not found, can't be arsed to search further, I've work to do. Sounded like Atlas/AAA got somewhat raped in the end, though.

All in all, apparently Kitchen Sink has had 4 skirmishes, with 2 attempts at our SOV, all of which failed. Invasion's going well.

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7134 on: April 27, 2010, 06:59:11 AM

Semi-war related, yet not related to any particular events in the war itself

Imagine this scenario:

<FC> Warp to the gate and hold.

<FC>  ACK! cry

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7135 on: April 27, 2010, 07:23:48 AM

I know. Why people cant fucking stop themselves jumping when told 15 times not to I'll never know.

Hic sunt dracones.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #7136 on: April 27, 2010, 11:47:35 PM

Pandemic Legion moved into NPC Delve last week and has been wreaking havoc alongside Panda Team.  Tonight they kill a (the?) Black Star Alliance titan.

https://www.pandemic-legion.com/killboard/view_kill.php?id=271289

tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7137 on: April 28, 2010, 12:13:33 AM

That's awesome.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #7138 on: April 28, 2010, 08:35:27 AM

No capitals on the mail either. Double fail after the Dominion Titan HP boost.

Fuuck this is actually making me want to log in. You bastards.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Hic sunt dracones.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Reply #7139 on: April 28, 2010, 09:14:08 AM

Feeeeeed the addiction, kick some clowns in the face, put on the smug face:

Pages: 1 ... 202 203 [204] 205 206 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: