Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 12:49:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1997285 times)
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6370 on: December 16, 2009, 06:44:13 AM

And just to spice things up even further, SirMolle posts another CAOD thread. Only this time, it's actually useful.

Long story short: set IHUBs to come out during DT, and they're never going to be taken/destroyed, as they're completely reset to their original state.

2 Pages a threadnought does not make. Molle needs to motivate his alliance to post more.

I guess SoT found a way to not lose stations now.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6371 on: December 16, 2009, 07:00:35 AM

I don't get it.  Why didn't he just chat to the devs on MSN before their weekly counterstrike game?!?

The fact that he communicates with CCP via the forums is a fine thing.  But he dissolves a little of the remaining Bob glamour in the eyes of his shrinking and of admirers when he admits that he has no pull there any more.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6372 on: December 16, 2009, 07:07:05 PM

The fact that he came across as a whiny bitch doesn't help either. I got the feeling that he was trying to publicly blame his lack of progress on bugs. For an old timer the irony of his comments are grin worthy when you think of the ASCN and the way he told everyone else to suck it up, stop blaming bugs and hacks and start fighting back.

What is going on up north btw. Anyone actually up there? All I've heard are rumors and some first hand info would be nice.

Hic sunt dracones.
Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #6373 on: December 16, 2009, 10:55:01 PM

Up north lots is happening.  The Council, a useless alliance lost their only station in Pure Blind even with considerable assistance from the NC.  Admittedly they were a small alliance but they failed to put together any resistance.  Circle of Two are now the proud owners of this badly placed station but they'll only hold it in the long run if the NC fail.  Mostly Harmless had one of their best corps (FUSEN) leave and 'join' MM as a guest corp.  The scuttlebutt is that they may well join permanently which is bad for MH as they need quality corps to see off Tri and friends.  MM are definitely going to help MH as much as possible.

Down in Germinate Razor keeps losing fleets by jumping into systems already filled with reds - the lag monster is hungry for more victims.  MM are committed to assisting WI in fighting Atlas in Germinate, so hopefully things will calm down.   

A big question mark hangs over TCF .  TCF seem hopeless, they are missing in action most of the time - you would think they could make a big difference up north, so far zip.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6374 on: December 17, 2009, 11:04:04 AM

X13 seem to be evacuating from MN5, apparently because they are leaving PL. Not sure what their destination is, though.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6375 on: December 17, 2009, 11:28:16 AM

Do you mean Section XIII in PL or X13 in IT?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6376 on: December 17, 2009, 11:57:27 AM

I imagine that it's Section XIII.

Oops, actually came here to say that the JimFromIT concern trolling of "let's not return to the old blobs of the past" is over, and Molle is desperately calling in the cavalry.  AAA will be there tonight to try and take two SoT stations that CCP are retarded idiots for allowing to be vulnerable.  It turns out that station timers were, indeed, bugged, but Molle was the one benefiting, as they just went back to euro prime each time.  If this is, indeed, the case then CCP should have done what they did over the other shitty, broken pieces of their sov system and said that everyone was to let them get repped.

Still, even despite the imminent arrival of a horde of IT allies and an all-nighter alarm-clock op, Goonfleet should at least have a chance.  The problem is going to be TZ advantage, since the euro-heavy alliances can get there first, by definition, and Eve is extremely laggy ove a few hundred people.  Jumping into hostiles, which has worked for months, is a death sentence right now.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 12:01:45 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6377 on: December 17, 2009, 12:04:47 PM

I _think_ someone got the tickers confused. As they were warping to a PL POS I'd imagine this is XIII, yes. Maybe back to TCF who could use a bit of help to get back into the fight.

Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #6378 on: December 17, 2009, 01:48:18 PM

Mostly Harmless deserve to die for basically being a continuation of Dusk and Dawn. I don't expect MH to offer much.

How are PL and Sons of Tangra actually performing in Fountain? Or is GoonSwarm doing most of the legwork? Where do Rebellion Alliance fall in this?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6379 on: December 17, 2009, 01:57:10 PM

Mostly Harmless deserve to die for basically being a continuation of Dusk and Dawn. I don't expect MH to offer much.

How are PL and Sons of Tangra actually performing in Fountain? Or is GoonSwarm doing most of the legwork? Where do Rebellion Alliance fall in this?

It's largely GS right now.  Rebellion have moved up towards Fountain Core (Daroh lost a CS on the way), but it's early to see what they'll do there.  I'd not be surprised if they focus on their old small-gang, NPC-system shenanigans and try to make things awkward for IT's poor Russian-TZ corp.

Edit: I should say that SoT aren't just not showing up much, they're also proving to be cripplingly bad at Eve.  PL are just lackadaisical in the extreme about saving their shit.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6380 on: December 17, 2009, 04:23:55 PM

SOT have started showing up in fleets in the last few days however.

Hic sunt dracones.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6381 on: December 18, 2009, 04:01:53 AM

I was waiting for one of the US timezone guys to tell the story, since 3am fights don't mix with leaving the house just after 7am for work.  But they failed me, and they failed you.

SirMolle, ceaseless purveyor of user-provided-content to goons, called a red-pen, must-win alliance-wide manadatory op, asking people to call in sick, take holidays and otherwise ensure their appearance chez SoT, where the Pandemic Legion allies were drinking in the last chance saloon in not one but two station systems: win this fight and IT Alliance had momentum.  They'd triple their station count at a single blow.  AAA were called on.  Cry Havoc, Black Star Alliance, Rage of Inferno and others were dragged along.

It didn't start well, as IT tried to camp NOL to prevent our formups and reinforcements occurring.  This was in late Euro when I was still around, and let's say that by the time I had logged in my NOL alt, bought and fitted a zealot (10 minutes tops, thanks goonwiki) the camp was shattered.

The fight itself started with grid issues and a few retards warping to zero instead of 50, so we lost three or four capitals.  But then, apparently, it was non-stop gutting of IT alliance yet again, with both stations saved, IT alliance going back to the drawing board, and Molle making himself an idiot on Eve-O by posting real-time that they were about to stop SoT saving their sov by killing their anchoring iHubs then, in fact, Goons and PL jumped in and drove off IT again.

Frankly, I don't think battle reports really matter that much, and that they are misleading but since some folks like them:

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/battles/1636
http://killboard.goonfleet.com/battles/1634

Pictures are nice, though.  Here the post-battle scene.  Eve is even prettier these days.

"Thanks for saving our shit goons. Again." - PL FC.  What is wrong with my competent and successful goonswarm?!?

Twitter - Endieposts

setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6382 on: December 18, 2009, 07:57:49 AM

Yep, that should cause them some trouble, and the first whining about time zone wars has begun already. On the other hand SOT seems to be fracturing, with 2-4 corps (depending on what forum you read) splintering off.

-A- hasn't been called in, by the way, but there's quite a few of us there on a roadtrip out of boredom; plenty of opportunities for roams and fleet fights without any responsibilities or risk of infrastructure turned out to be too tempting.

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #6383 on: December 18, 2009, 08:19:18 AM

What a fun, drunken night of pew pew. I was impressed with my first fleet outing as a goon.

Got on about 30 killmails, even with the lag and my ammo switching issue (dont switch ammo)...Never stop reloading.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #6384 on: December 19, 2009, 01:46:21 PM

It looks like the Tri and friends push into Pure Blind was stopped at P-2.  NC got 600 in system and waited patiently for Tri who failed to put in an appearance.   Can't say I blame them for not saying hello, but as an invasion goes it was pretty ordinary.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6385 on: December 19, 2009, 02:31:12 PM

I tend to take a sceptical view of Viper Shizzle posts at the moment, since everyone who is or ever was in PL hates everyone else and seems intent on trolling each other at every point, but are Rage and Terror (the core AAA corp historically, I think) really disbanding?  Is Evil Thug really standing down?!?

I mean, I know that ET giving up isn't necessarily a massive issue on a day-to-day level since he's never around for months at a time, but it's hard to believe that his official departure wouldn't be something that eventually changed the culture of the alliance substantially.

If I had to guess the outcome I'd suggest a less independent AAA, for a time at least: they need to get pilots doing things that aren't just farming Providence holders and non-residents, and to stop the drift.  Could be why the rapprochement with and alignment towards Molle seems to be happening in Fountain.

Twitter - Endieposts

setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6386 on: December 19, 2009, 02:52:34 PM

Again, ET has not been around for six months; the reason why BDCI, HAVOC and other -A- corps are in Fountain is simple boredom. Some folks are perfectly happy to just play in the home area, others get anxious if there isn't a grand plan.

Not a -A- problem exclusively, see PL. Agamar selling his chars, Omeega in ROL, corps leaving.. bit of a change of the guard on all sides.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6387 on: December 19, 2009, 03:30:27 PM

I stick to the idea that the departure of the charismatic founder of an organisation from even a nominal leadership role will see behavioural changes filter through that organisation.  There's been a couple of AAA forum leaks over the past few months, and one still got the impression that ET, even in his absence, still had a shaping influence on what people suggested.  And the fact is that his departure coincides with AAA actually deploying forces north of Catch again for the first time in months, and that deployment is in support of Molle.  Even if it were wholly "unofficial", it would still show the preferences of the "new" AAA on a pilot level.

How "Russian" do you think AAA will be, with the numerical balance shifting steadily west and ET and RAT stepping aside?

Btw by Agamar do you mean Haargoth?  Because while a celebrity figure he's a meeeeellion miles away from any leadership role in GS.  He's not even in Goonfleet.  In fact I think Goon leadership is pretty active in Eve right now, especially with Scavok,  Junkie Beverage, DBRB et al all playing more.  Even Karttoon is doing 0.0 stuff instead of just Jihadswarm nonsense.

Twitter - Endieposts

setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6388 on: December 19, 2009, 03:56:23 PM

Not arguing, Endie; just think the timing is a bit different. ET has been absent for months (which isn't unusual), so everyone was waiting for a while. Then everyone figured it might make sense to wait for Dominion. Dominion hits and there's still no big plan at which point individual corps start moving things forward to avoid stagnation. Think everybody would love to see an alliance-wide op at some point, and if and when someone volunteers a few months of their life to organize that we'll all jump back to GE- and prep.

I can't imagine -A- without ET in the long run; as with most alliances we need a charismatic person calling the shots. Maybe someone else steps up at some point to rally behind, maybe this will only happen when our home gets sieged. We'll see.

And sorry, I meant Agmar. See http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1232631

Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #6389 on: December 20, 2009, 11:38:15 AM

Agmar quit Eve  cry
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6390 on: December 20, 2009, 11:51:59 AM

And who is Agmar exactly?  I can't recall his name coming up in here before.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #6391 on: December 20, 2009, 12:05:18 PM

Possibly the only likable BoB FC there was and generally a real chill dude. Came onto the GS TS Lobby once and told stories about the GBC.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6392 on: December 20, 2009, 07:08:37 PM

Yeah Agmar was pretty cool, and I don't say that about a lot of Bob people

Hic sunt dracones.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6393 on: December 21, 2009, 08:20:58 AM

So, if ET quits Eve does he have to give back the teeth?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6394 on: December 21, 2009, 09:35:25 AM

Naa. ROL got their plex back  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

[Edit] I think this is brilliant btw

awesome, for real
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 10:08:30 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6395 on: December 22, 2009, 09:34:40 AM

Love the sig!

Is GS still helping? Seems SOT continues to bleed corporations; PL apparently stabilizing for now. Might come down to who gets frustrated the most first, IT by the time zone wars (so much for Dominion helping in that arena), or PL/SOT with the blobs and lack of direction. Of course, all predictions are off if the NC indeed manages to put out fires up North and finds the time to stop by.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6396 on: December 22, 2009, 09:53:10 AM

Well, Goons are still helping but its gotten quiet this week. Its Christmas week and traditionally those with lives go screw internet spaceships for that. As such I fully expect an IT offensive on the night of the 23rd  why so serious? Last major skirmish was 2 days ago in WY-9LLwhere we got together and tried to stop an IT blob from killing a set of towers in NPC fountain. We didn't get enough people to fight them for various reasons like our forums being down, but IT strangely just blew up one tower and left. We did get a t3 cruiser kill though in the early skirmishing, so it wasn't a total loss http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/436402

IT bet the farm on Dominion enabling them to sweep everything before them, but in fact dominion is not enabling then to do much of anything. They have pretty much lost all the gains they had and are now threatening no stations, though they do have 6 systems in Fountain now. They seem to be trying psychological warfare. SOT have been turning up in goon fleets now, and PL are doing their own thing as far as I can see.

Hic sunt dracones.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6397 on: December 24, 2009, 05:41:45 AM

PL membership is down 25% since this started (to 1k), and clowns are up to 4k, so something is working.

But to actually overwhelm PL and win the region in any reasonable timeframe they need AAA, just as PL probably need NC to tip the balance for them. Otherwise this is going to be a hell of a grind.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6398 on: December 24, 2009, 05:46:42 AM

Well, IT just gained another station, and SOT has a split of more corps who decided to live in Syndicate for now. Seems like reasonable progress for the time being, despite the last cap fight ending slightly in favor of PL/GS (40 killed, 30 lost?).

Might actually be good if neither NC nor -A- got involved, at least not in the same region, given the state of the servers.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6399 on: December 24, 2009, 06:10:35 AM

despite the last cap fight ending slightly in favor of PL/GS (40 killed, 30 lost?).

43 caps killed, 26 lost.

And yeah if you narrow the focus on IT its deems like steady progress but Black Star alliance lost a system last night as well, despite Its help and PL losing 6 capitals. The supcap fight went overwhelmingly in our favour though. SOT were out an about camping gates and stuff while that was going on so they are active, but I don't know much about their internal politics.

It alliance pays out 800 mill for every cap loss, so 39 caps is one hell of a hit to their war funds. (2 of the losses were Black Star and 2 were AAA, so don't count in standard BOB battle report rules)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 06:20:48 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6400 on: December 24, 2009, 07:31:22 AM

Can't imagine this being limited by funding, but what the hell do I know about how much resources the former BOB corps managed to rescue from Delve. Given some of the firesales (Tournament prizes, even) it might very well turn into a problem.

Didn't hear anything about Black Star, not even on my radar. Looks like I got more reading to do, no idea how they fit in. Gah.

Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6401 on: December 24, 2009, 09:49:54 AM

IT have several alliances serving them working with them. Aternus., Hun Reloaded, Quarantine zone, Black Star Alliance and a few others. Hun and Black star have sov in Fountain for definite, as I was fighting over them last night. Not sure about the others. Black star had its TCU destroyed in O-PNSN last night losing them sov. http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/437322

What seems to have happened in that station system is one of the SOT corps left without transferring control to another SOT corp and the system went neutral. its basically "Holy Incompetence Batman!!"  swamp poop The fight this morning was over the TCU that SOT allies dropped, but that TCU was destroyed. There's an IT one onlining as of this post, and it will probably complete onlining to be honest, considering the day that's in it. vOv

Hic sunt dracones.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #6402 on: December 24, 2009, 09:51:48 AM

What seems to have happened in that station system is one of the SOT corps left without transferring control to another SOT corp and the system went neutral. its basically "Holy Incompetence Batman!!"  swamp poop
AKA "Typical SoT"  Ohhhhh, I see.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #6403 on: December 24, 2009, 10:20:43 AM

Well, Goons are still helping but its gotten quiet this week. Its Christmas week and traditionally those with lives go screw internet spaceships for that. As such I fully expect an IT offensive on the night of the 23rd  why so serious? Last major skirmish was 2 days ago in WY-9LLwhere we got together and tried to stop an IT blob from killing a set of towers in NPC fountain. We didn't get enough people to fight them for various reasons like our forums being down, but IT strangely just blew up one tower and left. We did get a t3 cruiser kill though in the early skirmishing, so it wasn't a total loss http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/436402

IT bet the farm on Dominion enabling them to sweep everything before them, but in fact dominion is not enabling then to do much of anything. They have pretty much lost all the gains they had and are now threatening no stations, though they do have 6 systems in Fountain now. They seem to be trying psychological warfare. SOT have been turning up in goon fleets now, and PL are doing their own thing as far as I can see.

didn't goonswarm do big ops last ('08) christmas/thanksgiving break?   dunno about this thanksgiving/christmas though
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6404 on: December 24, 2009, 11:11:08 AM

Actually surprised that the station can be taken over right away once Sov goes neutral. Time to re-read the Dominion rules again.

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: