Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 10:08:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 10 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1972926 times)
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6300 on: November 23, 2009, 09:54:33 PM

Defiantly a big win for Stainwagon after several days of losing the battle.  Rumours are that the Titan died because the GS CEO failed to request to have the node reinforced (hence the lag caused a delay in the DD's firing allowing the Titan to be tackled).

Looks like I missed the whole thing by going to sleep an hour beforehand. CCP will be displeased to hear the cap fight occurred at close range, though it is unknown if anyone deployed a target painter.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6301 on: November 23, 2009, 10:08:07 PM

The fault for not reinforcing the node probably lies with everyone involved, rather than the guy who's in Mexico getting married.  Just saying.

In fact, the node ought to have been reinforced two weeks ago and kept that way.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #6302 on: November 23, 2009, 10:49:59 PM

Defiantly a big win for Stainwagon after several days of losing the battle.  Rumours are that the Titan died because the GS CEO failed to request to have the node reinforced (hence the lag caused a delay in the DD's firing allowing the Titan to be tackled).
I notice how the titan doesn't seem to have any fittings, I'm assuming that's simply due to the amount of people on the killmail pushing the destroyed/dropped items off the deep end, and not just goons throwing the titan in there to go boom for "ooh fireworks".

Not that I would be too surprised if that had been the case, though.
Looks like I missed the whole thing by going to sleep an hour beforehand. CCP will be displeased to hear the cap fight occurred at close range, though it is unknown if anyone deployed a target painter.
Oh, be nice. Or actually, on second thought... Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #6303 on: November 23, 2009, 11:09:15 PM

It was a fun fight despite the lag. We warped in and we were calmly ripping up the hictors and dictors when the Doomsdays went off and killed a chunk of our support fleet including me.  awesome, for real

Seriously, using them there was pretty bloody stupid. And yeah how come the node wasn't reinforced. Though with 800+ in local it would have been pretty laggy anyway.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 01:36:05 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #6304 on: November 24, 2009, 12:13:31 AM

GFFC jabber was pretty  swamp poop during that fight, Dbrb was yelling for titan pilots to wake up. He, Sam and Moostang were practically creaming themselves over getting the chance to deploy and clear the grid. Mittens chipped in with 'wtf are you doing' but a bunch of guys including Dbrb insisted that it would be fine.

Then all was silence...

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #6305 on: November 24, 2009, 05:48:18 AM

And if Hurley's account of events is correct he's the only person who managed to lose two titans without doing anything wrong.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6306 on: November 24, 2009, 06:25:01 AM

And if Hurley's account of events is correct he's the only person who managed to lose two titans without doing anything wrong.

While Goonswarm are the only alliance to lose three titans without doing anything right.

(Actually BoB managed that first but it was a good line)

Quote from: rand
i saw that coming from a mile away, this alliance is run by literal retards

I know this got Syndicated but it's actuallty true: Rand posted in advance about the possibility that the logged off Stainwagon dreads were part of a login trap.  We knew they were there - we all knew they were there - and yet we sieged in Russian prime with enough dreads to constitute no more than a tempting morsel to Russians, and then with hostile dreads on grid we doomsdayed in a system nobody had bothered to have reinforced.  It's a litany of failure, and of reinforcing that failure with more of the same.

That's a shame, but SoT are pretty awful as well as morally flexible, so I have to say that his decision to join them was the first mistake frmo which all else flowed.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2009, 07:17:44 AM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #6307 on: November 24, 2009, 09:18:06 AM

Quote from: rand
i saw that coming from a mile away, this alliance is run by literal retards

I know this got Syndicated but it's actuallty true: Rand posted in advance about the possibility that the logged off Stainwagon dreads were part of a login trap.  We knew they were there - we all knew they were there - and yet we sieged in Russian prime with enough dreads to constitute no more than a tempting morsel to Russians, and then with hostile dreads on grid we doomsdayed in a system nobody had bothered to have reinforced.  It's a litany of failure, and of reinforcing that failure with more of the same.

If it had that kind of context wrapped around it, it probably wouldn't've hit Syndicate. Tip for the future.
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #6308 on: November 24, 2009, 12:00:13 PM

Don't know about blame, but the doomsday didn't hit until about 15 minutes after it fired (and the effects went off).
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6309 on: November 30, 2009, 05:08:02 AM

Things are simmering away pre-patch. IT alliance failed to take a second system before dominion rolled out, so it will be interesting to see what effect the new mechanics have on their current high levels of participation. Their recent history of living in signle station systems has been unpleasant for them (both 49- and PR-), but the landscape is different now.

We prepared for the possible assault from the east by dropping outposts in two border systems today before downtime. A2 in particular will presumably be a hotspot as it and HED will be unprotected by doomsdays now.

As a final note, those of you who are long-term f13 posters and who followed this thread should take advantage of the current newbie drive in MMO Discussion. I'll post a link when not on this shifty iPhone with its utterly horrible safari browser.

Edit: there we go: http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=18375.0
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 07:11:07 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6310 on: December 02, 2009, 04:03:30 PM

Tri just ganked 10 Razor freighters on a convoy op, while it looks like most of the infrastructure for solar fleet just got ganked by atlas - 15 freighters' worth. I am utterly unshocked that Tri had infiltrated Razor sufficiently to get wind of their op, but I am impressed that Atlas had done the same to the Russians.

Twitter - Endieposts

Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6311 on: December 03, 2009, 02:42:24 AM

Due to a role mix-up, the following was just stolen from Goonfleet:

Ammo/BPs.
Infrastructure.
And some freighters.

I think what's going to hurt most of all is that Analytical Mind skillbook.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #6312 on: December 03, 2009, 02:54:59 AM

What were the two white boxes for?
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #6313 on: December 03, 2009, 03:43:07 AM

The screenshots were original from a trolling thread that the spy made before being booted, claiming he was stealing them from Atlas instead.  The white blots were him striking out the system name, but forgetting to do so on the other two images.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #6314 on: December 03, 2009, 05:13:53 AM

I guess it's true. Anyone can steal a bunch of crap, but trolling is an art.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #6315 on: December 03, 2009, 11:16:57 AM

DRILLING AND MANLINESS Incoming leak from important internet spaceship community goonfleet dot com.DRILLING AND MANLINESS

So I just noticed that Bruchettas got called out in the Secret Santa thread because he signed up for it with his very first post

It is literally more difficult to penetrate our security surrounding the Secret Santa system than it is to get GSOL roles

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #6316 on: December 03, 2009, 11:25:59 AM

An interesting post on CAOD  http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1225521

Maybe Fountain isn't as secure as I imagined.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6317 on: December 03, 2009, 02:57:44 PM

An interesting post on CAOD  http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1225521

Maybe Fountain isn't as secure as I imagined.

Gobbins is and always has been an attention-loving drama queen. PL need a couple of big wins, and I dunno if they have the sticking power under consistent pressure that we had in detorid and the NC had during Max, but that post is tame stuff compared with our forums even when things are going well.

Twitter - Endieposts

palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #6318 on: December 03, 2009, 03:17:36 PM

I didn't read most of his stuff (obviously) but from what I read, he was moaning about PL not losing enough caps to the NC and taking IT too seriously.

Which is strange, as events have shown PL's problem was that it lost too many caps to NC and failed to take IT seriously enough.

Although if anyone thinks that's wrong and wants to explain what's really up with PL, please do. It's all very mysterious.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6319 on: December 03, 2009, 03:23:11 PM

Actually I'd missed the maz convos those do sound a bit dodgy.

Twitter - Endieposts

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #6320 on: December 03, 2009, 04:25:23 PM

It's been a pretty damned funny 24 hours.  why so serious?

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #6321 on: December 03, 2009, 06:59:52 PM

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6322 on: December 04, 2009, 01:29:08 AM

I'm guessing from the fit that someone was playing station games and got taught by a titan why that doesn't work so well any more if the opponent has titans.  Ohhhhh, I see.

It's not quite the beginning, though: Tri lost a rorq at one of their poses pretty soon after the patch went live to an NC DD, and PL have been taking bites out of the IT capfleet by popping dreads attacking POSes.

Twitter - Endieposts

Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #6323 on: December 04, 2009, 05:40:12 AM

I think the true "beginning" of the new DD for me will be when a titan loss mail shows up with 20 other titans head-shotting it in an instant.  It's a great improvement over the old one though.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #6324 on: December 04, 2009, 07:23:38 AM

Titans are the new battleships.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6325 on: December 04, 2009, 11:53:25 AM

Titans are the new battleships.

Can Titans fire their bfg and warp off now?  Or do they still have to wait around a bit before they can boogie?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Trigona
Terracotta Army

Reply #6326 on: December 04, 2009, 01:27:46 PM

I think they have to wait for 5 minutes.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #6327 on: December 04, 2009, 01:46:13 PM

They need to swap the fuses on the wave motion engine before they can re-engage primary drive thrusters.  cool

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #6328 on: December 04, 2009, 01:49:13 PM

I think they have to wait for 5 minutes.

Is that to jump or to warp?!?  Because I know that PL has been picking IT caps out of sieged dread fleets, and that is ballsy as hell if they can't warp out for five minutes and are depending on a cloak.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 02:04:46 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #6329 on: December 04, 2009, 01:58:19 PM

It's only 30 seconds AFAIK.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #6330 on: December 04, 2009, 02:17:20 PM

For a person who doesn't play anymore you are most always correct, Lac.

Also titans can tank whole dreadfleets apparently.
tgr
Terracotta Army

Just another victim of cyber age discrimination.

Reply #6331 on: December 04, 2009, 02:27:01 PM

30 seconds after firing before it can move, 5 minutes before it can fire again, I think it is.

Cyno's lit, bridge is up, but one pilot won't be jumping home.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #6332 on: December 04, 2009, 02:43:25 PM

I bet the secret plan is to make it seem that titans are all über on the battlefield and get all of them logging in agan. Then suddenly release fighterbombers in a patch and *BOOM* supercapital graveyards everywhere.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #6333 on: December 07, 2009, 07:02:17 AM

30 seconds after firing before it can move, 5 minutes before it can fire again, I think it is.

So, sieged dreads are now sitting ducks to a couple of titans and a covops?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #6334 on: December 07, 2009, 08:13:15 AM

So, sieged dreads are now sitting ducks to a couple of titans and a covops?
From the patch notes:

"The Doomsday Device is now a single target weapon, only usable on ships and entities. It has a rate of fire of 10mins, prevents the titan from warping for 30seconds, prevents you from cloaking or jumping for 10minutes."

The current trick is to peak out behind POS shields to nuke dreads.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: