Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:48:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1923163 times)
xorx
Terracotta Army

Reply #3710 on: January 26, 2009, 02:18:04 AM

Good summary. BoB/-A- were well prepared for avoiding the titan blasts by being the first in and aligned. Don't know if someone gang-warped them out or not, but they were also therefore the first out. I had visions of someone on GBC/-A-/Superfriends TS shouting "aaah, it's a trap" in an Ackbar like way.

EXE/Atlas were not aligned, and I wish I had effects on ...

Numbers throughout the evening seemed pretty even, I think at it's euro-peak GBC/-A- .. GBAC .. GAC ... errr .. Superbestfriends (dammit, can we come up with some consistent nomenclature here ...) were probably 60/40, but in the same way, this swung to GS slightly when we were deep into US prime. (GS+Ally Euros/non-poopsockers went to bed around the same time as GBC++ Euros/non-poopsockers).

If it's the one I'm thinking of that carrier survived, Trevor.  That said, we have lost a couple of carriers recently, most notably the one linked in the Awful fittings thread.

Goons  rolleyes
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3711 on: January 26, 2009, 10:17:56 AM

Yeah, our FCs have sixth spidey sense for detecting doomsday traps. I guess too much flying in a titan makes you attuned to them or something. awesome, for real

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3712 on: January 26, 2009, 10:31:19 AM

Yeah, our FCs have sixth spidey sense for detecting doomsday traps. I guess too much flying in a titan makes you attuned to them or something. awesome, for real

Or there is a spy telling when the Titan Drop is coming...

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #3713 on: January 26, 2009, 10:53:22 AM

I was laughing last night when someone called out a warpin on TS and BoB insantantly adjusted.  GF has more spies in it...

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
xorx
Terracotta Army

Reply #3714 on: January 26, 2009, 11:52:16 AM

I was laughing last night when someone called out a warpin on TS and BoB insantantly adjusted.  GF has more spies in it...

This is the most likely option, especially when Jake was quoting lines out of 'swarm TS.
That said, it seemed to have the effect of demoralising EXE and Atlas for the night.

Maybe it was just late and they needed to go to work the next day  Head scratch
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3715 on: January 26, 2009, 12:55:29 PM

Nah, it's EVE Client Platinum Edition, BoB Only Version.

On a serious note:
There is way to many alliances with titans nowdays - our average FC would have to have at at least 7 spies logged on TS to do that. Listening to random command chatter from seven teamspeaks simultaneously would be quite hard, wouldn't it?:P

Besides, titan drops are not announced on general TS channels, they are only known to titan pilot and key FCs.
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3716 on: January 26, 2009, 01:14:05 PM

It might also be old good "covert ops watching enemy fleet starting to align thing"...

Still, it works both ways. We were slightly displeased, when we jump bridged to an empty system and NC fleet reacted by imminently, blobbing gate to our system. Though, that intel didn't helped them much, since they they got triple doomsdayed three minutes later:D
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3717 on: January 26, 2009, 01:16:12 PM

Besides, titan drops are not announced on general TS channels, they are only known to titan pilot and key FCs.

That's the thing, it was breathlessly announced on GS TS 30 seconds or so before it went off, which some regarded as an opsec faux pas.  Now of course if any of the enemy fleet survived, of course the accusation of spy would get bandied about.  Probably had nothing to do with seeing those enemy titans on grid when they arrived.  Whoops, I think I just made a propaganda violation.

I've read that it took a good minute to go off due to the lag, so vOv about the timing.

edited in a quote for clarification

Witty banter not included.
xorx
Terracotta Army

Reply #3718 on: January 26, 2009, 01:19:54 PM

In this case, it was announced on TS - but only after the jump had been initated. There was then about a minute of lag for anyone with any reactions (either to the slip on TS) or to seeing a giant gold thing turn up to warp out.

Not sure I'm a fan of titans so far, though I think I'm one for one (killed one, been killed by one).

slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #3719 on: January 26, 2009, 01:27:47 PM

Nah, it's EVE Client Platinum Edition, BoB Only Version.

On a serious note:
There is way to many alliances with titans nowdays - our average FC would have to have at at least 7 spies logged on TS to do that. Listening to random command chatter from seven teamspeaks simultaneously would be quite hard, wouldn't it?:P

I'm still fairly new and I allready see the mudflation going on with Titans.  No to mention that there are way too many capital ships out there.

trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3720 on: January 26, 2009, 01:57:03 PM

There's about 115-120 'known' titans per the EVEO thread, plus 15 dead ones (not counting baby titans killed).  So it's probably over 150 total built in the last two years.  Pretty ridiculous and I still think the only solution is to remove DDs :)
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3721 on: January 26, 2009, 02:27:07 PM

Either that or make Titans unable to hide inside friendly POS just like they can't dock in stations.  That would solve the numbers problem pretty quickly, I think.
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3722 on: January 26, 2009, 03:47:02 PM

It'd actually be cool to make it so they didn't disappear, so if they were sitting in a POS you could bubble it up and reinforce it , and if you could maintain a camp for 2+ days, kill the pos and the titan inside it.  It'd actually make fighting over a POS worthwhile.

6 out of 7 poses in DG- killed today (total of 17 I believe so far), one survived right around DT, and I think another is out late tonight just before DT.  GS will likely go for another 5 pos spam tonight to ensure they don't lose the system.   4 of the original POSes are alive, + the 5 from last night (+1 possible save tonight), + the 5 from tonight will trump BoB's 11. 
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 03:49:05 PM by trevorreznik »
NiX
Wiki Admin

Locomotive Pandamonium

Reply #3723 on: January 26, 2009, 09:22:19 PM

if you could maintain a camp for 2+ days
The fuck is wrong with you? swamp poop ACK!
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3724 on: January 26, 2009, 10:01:13 PM

We camped qy6 for like 4 days!
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3725 on: January 27, 2009, 08:40:37 AM

I want to apologize because apparently I've been flying TrevorRezniksSister's Caldari Shuttle for a few weeks now.  I picked it up at a JB POS somewhere.  Does she want it back?
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3726 on: January 27, 2009, 10:07:22 AM

that's jbev's character
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3727 on: January 28, 2009, 01:45:33 AM

We camped qy6 for like 4 days!

Got the T-Shirt.

"I camped QY6 for four days and all I got was this lousy heavy dictor killmail."

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #3728 on: January 28, 2009, 09:47:41 AM

Getting back on topic.   I logged in for EST primetime in DG- 6pm to 11 pm and we had a couple early fights where BoB warped off leaving their pets to get picked off.  when I left, all of the towers were saved and it didn't like like BoB would be figthing anytime soon.

WayAbvPar

Reply #3729 on: January 28, 2009, 10:06:35 AM

They were too busy getting trolled in local by Mittens. He was really amusing.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Jayce
Terracotta Army

Diluted Fool

Reply #3730 on: January 28, 2009, 10:23:17 AM

when I left, all of the towers were saved and it didn't like like BoB would be figthing anytime soon.

I was only here for this part.  Sad Panda

Hey all GBC/AA/SE/ROL folks here, please ask your alliance to fight when I'm around, thanks in advance. 

I did manage to use one Unicode smiley in local and capture a Mario for later use.

Witty banter not included.
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3731 on: January 28, 2009, 10:30:37 AM

when I left, all of the towers were saved and it didn't like like BoB would be figthing anytime soon.

I was only here for this part.  Sad Panda

Hey all GBC/AA/SE/ROL folks here, please ask your alliance to fight when I'm around, thanks in advance. 

I did manage to use one Unicode smiley in local and capture a Mario for later use.

Good old timezone wars.   GS needs to split in two so they have someone to fight in their prime.
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #3732 on: January 29, 2009, 05:35:22 AM

Quiet night last night.  Bob isn't showing up with numbers in DG- lately.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3733 on: January 29, 2009, 11:14:18 AM

Good old timezone wars.   GS needs to split in two so they have someone to fight in their prime.

You should know better than anyone that we split in two ages ago, but that Epsilon only fight Goons.

But yes, having fought our way through the bulk of the badly timed towers in DG-, we seem to have got a few timers right for a day or two, though the one that came out this morning would have been attainable for the opposition if they had been willing to raise the fleet.  Presumably they are all having a break before the next Big Push over this weekend.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3734 on: January 30, 2009, 03:50:56 AM

Bob and AAA came together in a big mass in DG- last night but in the end they did not engage. Reports are that their leadership deemed it too risky to commit capitals.

BOB suffered heavy losses in the only real engagement of the night

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/battles/994

Goonswarm just planted 5 new towers in DG-

As of this post there are no friendly reinforced towers in DG-. Sov is secure for the time bieng.

Hic sunt dracones.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #3735 on: January 30, 2009, 05:08:52 AM

As of this post there are no friendly reinforced towers in DG-. Sov is secure for the time bieng.

That really makes the other side look competent.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3736 on: January 30, 2009, 07:48:30 AM

Bob and AAA came together in a big mass in DG- last night but in the end they did not engage. Reports are that their leadership deemed it too risky to commit capitals.

How many total are you up to?  I'm assuming right now you push for 51% large coverage, which is 37.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3737 on: January 30, 2009, 08:30:59 AM

How many total are you up to?  I'm assuming right now you push for 51% large coverage, which is 37.

Get your spies to tell you :colbert:

In other news, the first phase of today's fight for R2TJ just went very, very well.  I think we probably killed a few dozen AAA and SE (though it is always easy to get over-optimistic with your counts) for the loss of a negligible number of our own.  Of course, they did get some ships in, and no doubt they'll be back to get more and more in each time.

Twitter - Endieposts

trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3738 on: January 30, 2009, 08:35:24 AM

Hah, that's one strange thing I've long seen GS do on outside forums.  Maybe it's due to the assumption of having so many spies, but GS members almost never post tower counts anywhere.  Most other alliances do post them though, I've never figured out the exact reason why.

Good to see you guys fighting in this TZ, it's a bit early for me though or I'd have died too!
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #3739 on: January 30, 2009, 09:10:56 AM

Hah, that's one strange thing I've long seen GS do on outside forums.  Maybe it's due to the assumption of having so many spies, but GS members almost never post tower counts anywhere.  Most other alliances do post them though, I've never figured out the exact reason why.

Good to see you guys fighting in this TZ, it's a bit early for me though or I'd have died too!

Probably because most of GF have no idea what the answer is.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3740 on: January 30, 2009, 09:38:57 AM

First hostile tower down in R2TJ.  Two hectic fights at the gate now, and we've come out on top in both (titans have helped, for sure undecided ).  It's still early for Goons, but the whole set of towers are gonig to come out in morning GF-time, mid-evening Russian time.

My paranoia is tingling about the small size of the SE, AAA and ROL fleets, and the total lack of BoB and the rest of the GBC.  We should be heavily outnumbered, even with the contingent of pals we've brought along, and I never thought we had a chance to take down any of these towers.  It's hard to believe that DG- hurt their participation that much.  Presumably there is a big weekend of attacks coming up elsewhere vOv.

Twitter - Endieposts

trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3741 on: January 30, 2009, 09:49:03 AM

First hostile tower down in R2TJ.  Two hectic fights at the gate now, and we've come out on top in both (titans have helped, for sure undecided ).  It's still early for Goons, but the whole set of towers are gonig to come out in morning GF-time, mid-evening Russian time.

My paranoia is tingling about the small size of the SE, AAA and ROL fleets, and the total lack of BoB and the rest of the GBC.  We should be heavily outnumbered, even with the contingent of pals we've brought along, and I never thought we had a chance to take down any of these towers.  It's hard to believe that DG- hurt their participation that much.  Presumably there is a big weekend of attacks coming up elsewhere vOv.

I'm not sure what participation you're talking about due to DG-.  At least with -A-, fleet sizes have been roughly the same size for every op for months.  After miscalculating the consov breakage in DG-, BoB/EXE stopped staying up late for towers in US TZ, but I haven't seen their numbers drop off in their own prime.  I could be wrong though.  Also remember that 1600-1700 is before anyone's prime, so fleet sizes are a lot smaller around then, especially for ones that have to travel a fair amount.

R2T just sounds like the classic sov3 fight-get as many titans on as you can and cover your caps with them and there isn't a ton that can be done about it by a support fleet.  Same thing happened in 0-w.   Looks like GS has done a very solid job on alarm clocking and getting allied titans in system, I haven't seen a single GS titan on the KBs but that doesn't matter when PL/KIA are there. 

It's really too bad that DG- didn't break consov, this war's going to likely shift to mass pos spamming of stations (now that almost all the goon moons are taken) by both sides and that's going to be very tedious.  I'd seen a report that 23 GS poses had been killed in DG- and that wasn't enough to take sov for more than 1 day due to the GS spam, and that'll probably happen anywhere else too.  Only by locking up 51% can anything get done, just like what happened a year and a half ago in 9-9/66-.

super edit-epsilon was never at war with goons because the only real goons were in epsilon
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 10:44:02 AM by trevorreznik »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3742 on: January 30, 2009, 10:22:33 AM

Well, either way it just got a lot harder if it's a trick since the north just showed up (well, the ones who made it past our somewhat aggressive towers  swamp poop).  And for whatever reason you're not bringing a fleet big enough to do much it's bound to be another nice boost to morale for us (as well as making it easier for us to evac our stuff to empire now the jewper is back up for a while).

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3743 on: January 30, 2009, 10:33:29 AM

OK, R2 sov saved.  Well, theoretically, given the bug that made us lose sov last time...

So far, a very good week: Bob burn a director-level spy and fail to hold DG- nor to break constellation sov in Scalding Pass.  ROL spam towers in R2TJ to keep our jump bridge network down after bugs lost it for us, and we save that too in late morning of the goon day.  Must suck to have blown advantages like those, but i admit that the weekend is just beginning, and we are traditionally much weaker then than in the week, while the weekend is usually the GBC's key time.

Big thanks to KIA and PL, of course.

Twitter - Endieposts

trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3744 on: January 30, 2009, 10:46:23 AM

Yeah, now I'm going to have to find another place to camp since goons won't fly 0oy->46dp anymore :(   Not that I'm any good at doing that, I warped to a gate last night in a vaga, turned on a movie, and forgot about eve for long enough to find myself podded :V  I honestly can't find a ship I enjoy for soloing right now-vagas I have to fit a cloak on, which makes it so the only thing I can catch on a gate is an industrial-a bc/cruiser can burn back to gate before I pop it, and cruisers and smaller can just warp off.  Maybe I'll go back to a sabre or stiletto, I really don't know right now.  Vagas at least can kill ratters, but goons are shockingly good at looking at local and safing up in time.

DG- could've gone a different way if BoB had been willing to put up more than 11 towers, so I hope they're kicking themselves about it.  GS has put up 50+ larges in the system now (half of which got killed) and 'everyone knows' that GS is 'going broke.'
« Last Edit: January 30, 2009, 10:49:34 AM by trevorreznik »
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: