Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:06:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1949318 times)
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2030 on: February 05, 2008, 01:55:34 PM

As regards the Obelisk kill, I imagine that the guy in question is veeeery unpopular right now, inside his corp.

I noticed people moving things back to empire as early as November. Would be unfair to punish just this guy.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #2031 on: February 05, 2008, 02:01:17 PM

As regards what I think will happen post-Bob...

What you and Slayer are doing *10 would be my guess.  Empire gank trains from bored 50m sp pilots, alt floods for empire wars, probably a severe hit to the economy as the drain on top level resources goes away and supply increases several fold.  Chaos for awhile, many will just quietly leave without a 'goal'.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #2032 on: February 05, 2008, 02:43:06 PM

Goons need to conquer all of 0.0.  That would cause most of the BoB hardcore base to drink cyanide laced kool-aid at Molles BBQ.

You know you want to make it happen  awesome, for real

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #2033 on: February 05, 2008, 03:10:17 PM

Goons should conquer enough space to draw a bee on the map.

"Me am play gods"
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2034 on: February 06, 2008, 01:45:28 AM

Insert Quote
I pretty much detest SHC, as it is full of people posting passive-aggressively with a smiley at the end of their sly little

Then the Mods go into a edit spree trying to moderate all of the replies to the jab, yet ignore the source itself, because on SHC, it would constitute "Good dialog"  Ohhhhh, I see.
The fundamental issue with SHC is that the non-ship-fitting parts were originally based on the principles of "You must have X0 million skill points, been playing since 2004 and been part of the good old boys circlejerk to have opinions worth listening to" and, well, EVE doesn't work like that any more.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #2035 on: February 06, 2008, 01:43:38 PM

Insert Quote
I pretty much detest SHC, as it is full of people posting passive-aggressively with a smiley at the end of their sly little

Then the Mods go into a edit spree trying to moderate all of the replies to the jab, yet ignore the source itself, because on SHC, it would constitute "Good dialog"  Ohhhhh, I see.
The fundamental issue with SHC is that the non-ship-fitting parts were originally based on the principles of "You must have X0 million skill points, been playing since 2004 and been part of the good old boys circlejerk to have opinions worth listening to" and, well, EVE doesn't work like that any more.

But that's true. You got to SHC to read important people.:P
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2036 on: February 07, 2008, 03:54:16 AM

Hooo...leee... crap!  This is one expensive loss.

Following close on the heels of the Machariel who got himself killed by dreads (never sit still with an MWD on in any ship, let alone a faction battleship), that there is a kill that, including his high-grade implants, probably doesn't leave a lot of change out of 4.5 billion.
Given that he could do 18.5km/s or so alone, 20km/s in his group, c.30km/s with overheating etc (God knows what with that booster he carried) you may be wondering just how he got himself killed: the answer is that he bounced off a gate. Then tried to do the same thing again.

And yes, he was podded.  Cost: probably slightly more than 7 carriers.  Insurance return: enough to buy a decent T1 cruiser.  Footage of him in his room, crying: priceless.

Highs:

Caldari Navy Standard Missile Launcher 
 Salvager I 

Med slots

Domination Stasis Webifier 
 Domination Warp Disruptor 
 Gistii A-Type 1MN MicroWarpdrive 

Low slots

Domination Overdrive Injector 

Rig slots

Polycarbon Engine Housing II 
 Polycarbon Engine Housing II 

Ammunition and charges
 Caldari Navy Bloodclaw Light Missile, Quantity: 120 
 Caldari Navy Bloodclaw Light Missile, Quantity: 60 

Cargo bay

Caldari Navy Bloodclaw Light Missile, Quantity: 1677 
 Nanite Repair Paste, Quantity: 203 
 Standard X-Instinct Booster, Quantity: 4 

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2037 on: February 07, 2008, 08:24:57 AM

I have bad luck with gate bouncing even in my shitty 7km crow. I guess this will be an expensive lesson in interceptor tactics for him. Maybe someone will convo Red Lantern and let him know about autopilot.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2038 on: February 07, 2008, 08:29:44 AM

Since we took the QY6 system we've had the system pretty much locked down, with lots of large warp disruption bubbles on the places where Bob's POSes were, and where they have a bunch of capitals and stuff logged out.  This has got us the odd carrier kill, and plenty of thickos who don't check their IRC or forums enough, but many have been increasingly using the exploit (done it myself, I'm not complaining) where you repeatedly use ctrl-Q on loading the session to change the place where you jump back to when logging in.

Anyway, the fact that large numbers of Bob pilots have been trapped like this for days is beginning to grate somewhat on the affected members.  This is a chatlog leak where their diplomat, Siddy the Notorious Furry (here "Ayatolah_Siddmed"), is whining at his alliance mates (most of whom come out of this rather well) for not coming to save him at huge, suicidal risk to themselves.  Note the wise comments from those who know that the channel is not secured from GIA leaks.

<Ayatolah_Siddmed> and do something?
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> after DT?
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> i need the 5-1 pos bubbles shot down
<wubs> as its you siddy
<wubs> no fuckin chance
<Perpello> gtfo siddy, do the login-logout-login-shit and jump drive out ;p
<Aequitas> does that work when youre logged at a hostile pos?
<Perpello> siddy had the chance to do it before they put a pos up
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> I FUCKING WONT DO THE LOGIN LOGOUT FAGGOTORY
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> PERIOD
<Perpello> lolz
<Aequitas> but does it work
<Aequitas> if hte pos it up?
<Aequitas> or doesnt it?
<Zeoliter> Siddy, login an alt and take down the bubbles
<Aequitas> i lent someoen my dread and hes now stuck i think :p
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> there is *NO pos in there, 4 Large bubbles and some ceptors
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> i cant
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> its guardet
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> i need a gang
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> like
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> FUCKLOAD
<Perpello> just eject your jump drive, so i can bluetac it on my maelstrom
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> but since BoB has gona ACSN way
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> i guess im not getting it
<Aequitas> i think theres a lot of guys stuck :p
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> yes, there is, and the fact you do fuck all to help
the gyes stuck is making things even worse
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> its like 3rd day
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> go fucking regroup in pr- and all that
<Ciryath> bit hard to engage 300 with less than 100
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> what 300?
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> there is 50 goons i n qy6
<Ciryath> yeah, and 10 friendlies in pr
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> i wonder why...
<Perpello> shut up siddy, your whining is so annoying
<Ciryath> because we should be working?-)
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> parapello
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> say one more time to do the login logout trick
<JakeNoble> incoming siddy drama bomb
<kilz> can i tell u all this shit is in the next 5 min on goon forum
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> and ill just logi in and selfdestruckt my carrier
<Nalessi> emorage
<Nalessi> isn't there a pr/qy regroup tonight?
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> i dont care, im not russian, im not goon and i am
not chineese farmer
<JakeNoble> well id just like to say kilz is an epic faggot plz quote
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> i wont login log out
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> unlike some, i got standards to play game like a game
<kilz>  i`m FINFL so is normal
<Ciryath> if this is going to goon forums, please admit that you are gay
<kilz> so die jake die
<Xcutor> evening all
<JakeNoble> and using game mechanics is not playing the game?
<Nalessi> siddy, :edit: URL REMOVED - Darius
<Nalessi> so at least wait another night to see what happens before
you self destruct
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> thats not game mechanics, that fucking bug that CCP
cant be arsed to fix
<Ciryath> there are many bugs and many weird mechanics
<Ciryath> it's just the way the game works
<Perpello> i vote next rescue op we leave siddy behind
<JakeNoble> why? perfectly legit reason to be upset
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> per... doint tempt me
<Ciryath> I for one can think of many of the mechanics that I consider
to be bugged or "wrong"
<JakeNoble> hes been there for 3 days or w/e
<JakeNoble> we tried to get people out last nite but numbers were to
high to do anything with
<Perpello> he could have got out day 1, molle told him how
<Ayatolah_Siddmed> ive been there now for 3 days :/
<Aeon> oh just in time for the emo show!
<JakeNoble> i know Perp
<JakeNoble> but id rather avoid us self dest. a carrier in emo siddy rage
<Perpello> oh, thought we were pushing siddy in to an emo-rage
deliberately to do just that, for lolz?
<JakeNoble>
<Xcutor> well siddy ain't emo.... he's just normal siddy
<JakeNoble> shh
<Perpello> sit tight siddy, we'll save you!
<JakeNoble> hes evol emo is like a requirement to join

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #2039 on: February 07, 2008, 08:37:41 AM

I have bad luck with gate bouncing even in my shitty 7km crow. I guess this will be an expensive lesson in interceptor tactics for him. Maybe someone will convo Red Lantern and let him know about autopilot.

Personally, in a 20km crow I think i'd just fly the fuck away and off grid...but maybe thats just me.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
bhodi

No lie.

Reply #2040 on: February 07, 2008, 08:44:57 AM

Holy shit, THAT is their diplomat?

It's no wonder why the galaxy hates BoB.

Also, thinking a mechanic is 'cheap' or 'faggotry' is... such an odd concept. It's quaint, like 'honor'. It's gimping yourself for no good reason.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 08:48:08 AM by bhodi »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2041 on: February 07, 2008, 08:50:08 AM

Personally, in a 20km crow I think i'd just fly the fuck away and off grid...but maybe thats just me.

This is what I thought: he bounced almost 80km off the gate the first time, which with his align speed in an inty and his speed presumably means he could have been out in a little under 2 seconds plus reaction time.  I guess he just got cocky.

Like LC says, autopilot would surely have been his friend.

Twitter - Endieposts

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2042 on: February 07, 2008, 10:42:36 AM

Hooo...leee... crap!  This is one expensive loss.
Icing on the cake: There's a Goon in a T1-fit Blackbird on the killmail & podmail.  awesome, for real

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
amiable
Terracotta Army

Reply #2043 on: February 08, 2008, 04:34:00 AM

But that's true. You got to SHC to read important people.:P

Yeah,  like this thread full of Epic Bob fail...

http://www.scrapheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?t=13191&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

For a moment I had this eerie flashback to ASCN posts when they were getting the tar beaten out of them...  But now its BoB making the complaints about "traitors" and "how unfair it is everyone is ganging up on them."

Classic.
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2044 on: February 08, 2008, 06:07:47 AM

I thought getting everyone to gang up on them was part of the Grand Master Plan?

Over and out.
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #2045 on: February 08, 2008, 06:22:43 AM

Of course it was.  And they were supposed to remain ganged up only for as long as it was fun for everyone (meaning BoB).  That's where EVE PvP sucks:  your enemies don't stop attacking when you don't want to fight anymore, they keep on going till you're completely broke and driven out of the game.

That's why plans like "let's get them all to attack us" are idiotic.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2046 on: February 08, 2008, 06:24:16 AM

Of course it was.  And they were supposed to remain ganged up only for as long as it was fun for everyone (meaning BoB).  That's where EVE PvP sucks:  your enemies don't stop attacking when you don't want to fight anymore, they keep on going till you're completely broke and driven out of the game.

That's why plans like "let's get them all to attack us" are idiotic.

If you want them to stop attacking you, you fall back to empire and carebear through missions until you recover. 90% of corps dont ever come back once this happens, but its a plausible plan for rearming...unlike in SB.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2047 on: February 08, 2008, 06:38:23 AM

The best bits of the various threads is BoB whining about Tortuga continuing to attack them past the borders of PB, and still not realising that it's directly due to BoB's own reaction to them.

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #2048 on: February 08, 2008, 01:38:30 PM

Now this is funny: http://www.scrapheap-challenge.com/viewtopic.php?p=372434#372434

Here is the story of one pilot in the whole clusterfuck that is QY6;

McApoc, feeling lonely and abandoned, logged his Eagle on in QY6 at a safespot, hoping that he would be able to slink out and back to friendly territory.

No such luck, local is full of hostiles with bubbles on every gate and at all the previously destroyed POS. Most people would think. "Fuck this, i'm logging off to go fuck my gf, later losers!"

But no. McApoc isn't going to let the small issue of a hostile blob stop him getting out of there. Oh no. He only goes and starts talking french to the locals, renames his ship [TCF] Le Batteau and asks for a gang invite.

He warps his Eagle to the out gate, into a large bubble. Without breaking a sweat, he cruises his Eagle, slow-boat speed, through the large swarm of RSF ships and calmly jumps out into the friendly bob fleet.

Legend.

Bonjour?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #2049 on: February 08, 2008, 04:23:24 PM

Quand même..
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #2050 on: February 08, 2008, 07:46:16 PM

Bonjour?   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

I was on vent listening as it happened. I never thought he would get a gang invite.
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2051 on: February 09, 2008, 02:55:16 AM

Unconfirmed rumors have been appearing that Mollie has handed over the reigns to Jake Noble. Certainly Shrike hasn't been online.

[edit] J-L had some towers stolen while BOB were attempting to take them down. Now at least 1 and probably 2 towers have been allowed to go offline and are being destroyed as we speak.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 05:21:07 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #2052 on: February 09, 2008, 04:16:20 AM

Karl Doenitz.   awesome, for real

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #2053 on: February 09, 2008, 05:20:14 AM

missclick

Hic sunt dracones.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2054 on: February 09, 2008, 09:22:41 AM

Unconfirmed rumors have been appearing that Mollie has handed over the reigns to Jake Noble.
Just to clarify a little:
Jake Noble, if you call up his corp history, is a proud member of BNC and formerly of Executive Outcomes. Before that, he was a founding member of an extremely important alliance: Miners With Attitude. MWA was at the time of Jake's membership a loyal and diligent tenant of Omist under the aegis of Lotka Volterra.
Yes, he used to run a pet of LV.

Jashan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2055 on: February 09, 2008, 01:53:26 PM

Unconfirmed rumors have been appearing that Mollie has handed over the reigns to Jake Noble. Certainly Shrike hasn't been online.

The same as the one in the chat log Endie posted? Seems to be a guy that is hard to not like. Good sense of humor, played schoolyard referee in that conversation and also fairly explained why they are leaving the whiner to fend for himself. As a spectator I wish the anti bob alliance could raise a glass to bob after stamping them out. If only bob PR hadn't acted like cocks so they could deserve the salute.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2056 on: February 09, 2008, 03:07:42 PM

The same as the one in the chat log Endie posted? Seems to be a guy that is hard to not like. Good sense of humor, played schoolyard referee in that conversation and also fairly explained why they are leaving the whiner to fend for himself. As a spectator I wish the anti bob alliance could raise a glass to bob after stamping them out. If only bob PR hadn't acted like cocks so they could deserve the salute.

It's true.  In that chat he sounds pretty chilled.  Hell, he can come over and fuck my sister.

Twitter - Endieposts

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #2057 on: February 11, 2008, 06:58:14 AM

http://tri.exanimo.org/?a=kill_related&kll_id=102012

Smashkill tried to make a roadtrip to Deklein... we killed 19 of their capships and lost one.

How are things down South?

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2058 on: February 11, 2008, 03:10:36 PM

In war news, CCP has declared that calling BoB Fleet Commander LadyScarlet overweight is an offence now punishable by banning (Example here)

CCP announced this new enforcement of the TOS to all 5000 members of Goonswarm by advising a random goonfleet director via private email. Lucky he's not on holiday eh.

(I have Bolded the interesting part - copied from SHC)
Hi, This mail is sent you as the CEO of the Executor corporation of the GoonSwarm. It has been brought to the attention of Customer Support repeatedly that a certain EVE player with the character name LadyScarlet has suffered constant serious harassment at the hands of numerous members of your alliance for a long time now. We assume that in light of the scope of this matter and how many of your members have been involved, you have full knowledge of what issue we are referring to. This mail is sent with the purpose of informing you that we will henceforth apply a zero tolerance policy against those found to be part-taking in further personal attacks and harassment against the player in question. While we fully realize that things can get heated and that both sides have participated in some "smacktalk" war, this has gone completely out of hand and we are forced to do everything we can to put an end to the current situation in regards to the attacks against this particular player. We sincerely hope that you can talk to your alliance members to minimize the effect of the actions we will need to take, if the harassment doesn't stop.
Thanks in advance and best regards,
Lead GM Panzer EVE Online Customer Support

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 03:36:08 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
cmlancas
Terracotta Army

Reply #2059 on: February 11, 2008, 03:17:38 PM

Is that what'shisface's wife? Because I saw the pictures. She was fat. No slander involved there.  awesome, for real

f13 Street Cred of the week:
I can't promise anything other than trauma and tragedy. -- schild
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #2060 on: February 11, 2008, 10:28:25 PM

awesome, for real
I have not seen the pictures, but as far as I know a  ACK! would be more appropriate.

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2061 on: February 12, 2008, 01:41:34 AM

Lady Scarlet, it should be said, brought the attention on herself when she logged into our TS server one time to insult goons, calling us retarded etc.  That's one thing if you are just another twnety-something US male.  If you are a female (on teh intarweb lolz) who is so fat that it can actually be heard in your voice (I promise this is true) then it is sowing the wind to reap the whirlwind.

Throw in the fact that she is a truly, truly awful FC - I mean, the sort who is so bad that we use the knowledge that she is FCing a Bob fleet to get more Xs on the forums because of the enhanced chance of kills - and an even worse diplomat (anyone remember the "you lost your space fighting on our side that'll be 6 bill a month if you want to stay here what are you doing ratting here useless pets" drama from a couple of months ago with (I think) M Corp?), and you have every reason for her not to constantly smack in every channel in an attempt to prove she is tougher than the boys.  But she is one of the worst local-abusers in Bob, who tend not to be bad for local smack at all, in the main.

As it is, she has sealed her fate: she is going to be exposed to "I'm having a whale of a time" jibes for the rest of her Eve career.  Fire59 smacked a lot, used his father's death in some unwise topics, and got a lot of shit for it.  But he dealt with it pretty well, came up with some decent comeback lines, and although he's a minor meme now it's pretty much fading away.  Lady Scarlet's constant attention-whoring has got what she sought.

I've never done the whole local/Lady Scarlet taunting thing - goons tend not to be very funny as a rule - but I know that I am tempted to do so now that it is a game with the GMs.

Twitter - Endieposts

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #2062 on: February 12, 2008, 02:18:47 AM

There's also the minor detail that DICE (BoB corp she's part of) used to known as ATUK...who were widely known as the worse smacktalkers in all of EVE (well, they used to be), and who had no problems at all in making it personal with their opponents. They were amongst the worst of the "lol russkis ebay isk starving familes vodka selling their own sisters etc" crowd, for example.

And that's ignoring the precedent which CCP have set here. Any time any BoB member say anything even remotely resembling abuse now, or makes a vaguely smackish post on CAOD, the unfortunate GMs and Mods are going to have scores or hundreds of petitions & reports to filter through. After all, in CCP's own words - "This mail is sent with the purpose of informing you that we will henceforth apply a zero tolerance policy against those found to be part-taking in further personal attacks and harassment". Hope they weren't expecting to get anything else done. It's certainly a weighty issue, with potentially massive repercussions.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 02:23:38 AM by Simond »

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #2063 on: February 12, 2008, 02:28:43 AM

It's certainly a weighty issue, with potentially massive repercussions.

It's going to end up with a ton of work for the mods.  I really don't think they weighed up the consequences.

Twitter - Endieposts

IainC
Developers

Wargaming.net

Reply #2064 on: February 12, 2008, 02:29:29 AM

Sometimes I wonder just what CCP are thinking when they do stuff like this. There are no upsides to this action whatsoever. If the harassment of Lady Scarlet is an issue then I guess they have ways to pursue that through their CS procedures. This is just lunacy and of all the people they could have smacked with this, they hit the Goons? Yeah because that one's going to slip under the radar and not backfire horribly at all.

I don't subscribe to the 'Band of GMs' conspiracies, I really do think that the CCP guys are honestly doing what they think is right, but someone needs to sanity check their decisions before they go public with contentious stuff like this.

- And in stranger Iains, even Death may die -

SerialForeigner Photography.
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: