Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:29:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1923394 times)
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1015 on: August 05, 2007, 09:10:27 PM

The night ended up with us holding the system handily and going around reinforcing their PoSs, with some of them having some very interesting stront timing.

I've heard that they are changing the stront timers. Max will be 22 hours or something like that.

I haven't been around lately, so I can't really comment on recent happenings.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #1016 on: August 06, 2007, 12:43:09 AM

Now that's gonna suck.  Right now the only real advantage the defenders have is that they can choose the time of the *second* battle, the one that will determine if the POS lives or dies.  If it's limited to a day or less, all they can do is try to move it from an enemy peak to their own (or to godawful of the morning so it sucks for everyone), and if thiers trails the enemy (like say a US-dominated alliance fighting several European-heavy alliances) that gives them only hours to put together a defense.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1017 on: August 06, 2007, 01:01:50 AM

I've heard that they are changing the stront timers. Max will be 22 hours or something like that.

Got a source for that?  Or did you hear it via MSN? ;)

Edit:
I should read Bane Glorious's threads more often, as he posted about this change on goonfleet ages ago.  An eve-o link is here.

Now that's gonna suck.  Right now the only real advantage the defenders have is that they can choose the time of the *second* battle

It's not that bad, really.  We're a US-heavy alliance but we have good friends in euro time who will turn out to defend our stuff, and vice-versa.  You just need euro allies who care about your stuff and are capable of defending it.  Of course, Bob are not those allies  tongue

Edit: It's all a mistake on Sisi anyway :(
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 05:34:33 AM by Endie »

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1018 on: August 06, 2007, 06:30:39 AM

FREGE are either unwilling or unable to take part in big fleet battles, so they've come up with a new way to annoy BoB+pets: Get a gang of ~200 cloaking battleships, and fly around BoB territory destroying station services unopposed.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1019 on: August 06, 2007, 06:39:29 AM

FREGE are either unwilling or unable to take part in big fleet battles, so they've come up with a new way to annoy BoB+pets: Get a gang of ~200 cloaking battleships, and fly around BoB territory destroying station services unopposed.

Did they do it as one gang?  From what I read I thought they were splitting up and competing for prizes.  FREGE are fun, and they've found a hell of a way to show that the emperor has no clothes, or at least that he isn't wearing underwear.  Bob still have NPC stations, of course, but the cloning being down on their forward stations in particular must be a bitch for movement.  Let alone fitting ships...

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1020 on: August 06, 2007, 02:14:11 PM

IAAAC forced killed 2 more POS's in 49-U, and er...forgot about the others coming out of reinforced (that's Tyraxx's story at any rate). Edit: FIX nearly wiped out a IAAAAC fleet that was jumping in system to kill the first POS. In my opinion it's a stupid idea to attempt any sneaky plan once local gets over 50, lag has a way of stopping your sneaky plan. Do Not Attempt To Be Clever When Local Is High and Lag Will Be High.

AAA killed an ISS carrier that was 40km out of the POS shields.

I learnt how to watch an enemy fleet in a POS (they never aliigned, and only sent out the inties once). Local got to about 350, the FIX fleet being outnumbered 2-1.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:54:17 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #1021 on: August 06, 2007, 04:07:41 PM

IAAAC forced killed 2 more POS's in 49-U, and er...forgot about the others coming out of reinforced (that's Tyraxx's story at any rate).
So the 250+ man fleet you sent against us when the first one came out of reinforced yesterday just kind of forgot why they were there?  I guess getting slaughtered on the jump in can mess with your sense of purpose.  And I was *so* hoping to finally get a real chance to test out SDM 4, too (finished training 2 hours before the POS came out).

Anyway, FIX feels pretty good about how things turned out this weekend.  Starting to wonder if you guys are ever going to run out of TS spies, though.  Although I should point out, sometimes *knowing* your communications are compromised is as useful as knowing they aren't.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1022 on: August 07, 2007, 01:52:10 AM

Yet another good night of achievements on the southern front.  We went to D2E around the last hour of BoB prime and did a quick PoS tour.  The servers went down, at which point I went to try and catch up on sleep, but the results after they eventually came back up were three BoB PoSes destroyed and their main large in the system reinforced (and most modules on it, too).

Capswarm rolls on.  BoB turnout was low again.

Elsewhere, I think we (RA and us) now have a PoS majority in two more BoB station systems.

Twitter - Endieposts

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #1023 on: August 07, 2007, 02:42:09 PM

Anyway, FIX feels pretty good about how things turned out this weekend.  Starting to wonder if you guys are ever going to run out of TS spies, though.  Although I should point out, sometimes *knowing* your communications are compromised is as useful as knowing they aren't.

--Dave

It's even more fun when your *leadership* is compromised...

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1024 on: August 08, 2007, 01:37:15 AM

I'm not sure that people care about a monotonous list of RSF success after success, but just in case anyone does, last night we went to a key system in the south and destroyed another large bob-pet pos, stole several more (numbers vague for opsec, but all were donated to the target by BoB) then went elsewhere and did some bad things to other BoB PoSes.  Bob, as usual, were hanging around at a pos in numbers but chose not to engage (well, not directly).

Twitter - Endieposts

WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #1025 on: August 08, 2007, 04:33:10 AM

I, for one, love this thread.  It's the first one I read when I come here.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #1026 on: August 08, 2007, 05:21:58 AM

I, for one, love this thread.  It's the first one I read when I come here.

Yes. Please proceed. I'd like to see more biased views from both sides, those lead to good squabbles!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1027 on: August 08, 2007, 06:59:58 AM

It's a little difficult for the usual arguements, though - BoB seem reluctant to engage (so limited fights/desyncs/turkeyshoots on either side), no broken uberships dominating the battlefields, and limited room for speculation on "Who will side with who" as the battle lines are well and truly drawn at the moment, and so on.

We're in the meatgrinder stage - it's all down to whose nerve will break first in two of the three fronts (BoB + RISE et al vs RSF, and FIX/MC/Outbreak vs IAC/-A-), and what TRI does next on the third (MM etc. vs tattered remnants of the 'New North' vs TRI/YW).

About the only thing worth debating is why in the blue blazes does Triumverate still have youwhat as allies? :D

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1028 on: August 09, 2007, 02:02:44 AM

It's also hard to get good arguments going at the moment since two of the three main Bob advocates (Joe and LC) have been pretty much absent since their 9-9 debacle and throughout their ensuing chain of losses: it seems quite a lot of Bob have pressing commitments in other areas these days.  Neep still shows up, but he needs to be less reasonable if we're to get a fight angry

Things were kinda mixed last night: with a cynojammer still running in D2, our latest front-line system, BoB felt safe in deploying dreads, and put our large tower into reinforced.  Not a brilliant strategic move, since it wasn't even claiming sovereignty, and not very well done, since they scarpered when our reinforcement fleet started moving, before knocking out all the guns, but at least it means they can have a fight when it comes out, pre-work Bob time.  Dianabolic says that's why they did it, so perhaps it might even happen.  Given that they're now down by somewhere around 57-0 (I'm serious) in the large POSs destroyed/stolen contest, the smart money is not exactly on them succeeding, but I am too lowly to know whether we've managed to get dreads in system.  If they finally manage to destroy an RSF large tower then I'm sure you'll read about it in a delirious Eve-O thread: they must manage it eventually.

Anyway, we dicked around and disabled stuff on the staion while repairing our shit.  Personally, I turned up looking for a fleet fight in an ewar ship, so when Bob logged out I was left in a pointless craft that couldn't really damage the station and couldn't run a remote repper or even provide cap for those that could.  I have millions of SPs in ewar and have yet to actually press my ECM buttons in anger rolleyes

You can never tell with POS warfare unless you have a record of what POS was in reinforced when, but I think that 66- and R97 are both ours for now: in R97 we destroyed 4 enemy towers and stole the other three while Soco tried to take them out of the system, which is very useful: that's not just them three POSs down but us three up, too.  I dunno if Soco have finally broken and are running or were just accepting the inevitable and looking to save something to use elsewhere in the fight.  They're down to single-figure participation now anyway, any time I'm on.

Tomorrow should have more news, one way or the other.

Edit: Oh and we killed a BoB carrier and murdered Rise, in separate incidents.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 02:33:31 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #1029 on: August 09, 2007, 07:00:54 AM

It's also hard to get good arguments going at the moment since two of the three main Bob advocates (Joe and LC) have been pretty much absent since their 9-9 debacle and throughout their ensuing chain of losses: it seems quite a lot of Bob have pressing commitments in other areas these days.  Neep still shows up, but he needs to be less reasonable if we're to get a fight angry

My absence has nothing to do with the war. I just don't have enough time to play the game right now. I'm about to drive 60 miles just to pick up some things at home depot. I'll be back in the game as soon as this place is ready to sell.

I'm finally over 60mil sp now, and I'll be able to pilot both dreads and carriers by the time I return.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1030 on: August 09, 2007, 08:03:29 AM

Jesus. Thats a fuckload of SP.

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #1031 on: August 09, 2007, 01:29:19 PM

I think my EVE character had a grand total of six million...  probably a quarter of that is just learning   :-(

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1032 on: August 09, 2007, 04:09:19 PM

My absence has nothing to do with the war. I just don't have enough time to play the game right now. I'm about to drive 60 miles just to pick up some things at home depot. I'll be back in the game as soon as this place is ready to sell.

But the thing is, in a classic diffusion of responsibility, lots of Bob members are finding themselves really busy right now.  They'd all love to be in and fighting, they really would.  But that shelf won't hang itself.  And summer is a great time to start a new hobby like quilting.  So reluctantly they have to pass up on sitting at a PoS in 9-9 while GF systematically takes out all their POSs and modules, one by one.

See, Slayerik?  I did that first post for you, and it sorta worked.

Edit:

An awesome 20 hours or so: in a spectaclar piece of misinformation, our glorious leaders tricked everybody - including us - as to their intentions: with BoB putting one large tower into reinforced in D2, we were told to make sure we were in 66- for a major strategic op, a bottleneck system for the long route over there.  Everyone assumed that we'd turn up and defend the D2 tower (timing was good for us).  In fact, we turned round and headed to 9-9, where BoB have 29 deathstars in our station system: a mothership's worth of assets.  So we brought in the dreads and started sieging, non-stop.  Those of us in dreads and tanked torp ravens took down guns and towers while two groups camped the gates.

Bob and Finfleet pretty quickly worked out they'd been wrong-footed, and tried to jump in en masse, but got hammered on the gate.  After that one reverse, they just gave up completely: for almost the whole time we were able to move goons back in from 66- and elsewhere, even alone.

The deathstars are well enough set up, but stront is clearly in short supply and the POS gunnery has quite literally been the worst I have ever seen, for reasons that we needn't go into.

An interesting thing about this op is that it's been going on for almost a day straight already, starting just before Bob prime, with complete system lockdown and dreads pounding away with the occasional break of an hour, as well as being pretty much GF only.  That's significant.  Of course, Bob have shown that you can put a couple of dozen towers into reinforced if you like, but actually destroying any of them is a different matter.  Whether we fniish any off will be the next test.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 01:57:32 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1033 on: August 10, 2007, 03:23:02 AM

You can probably tell from the update above that I thought it was absolutely inevitable that Bob would manage to get their first large POS kill since Rev2, and their first of this campaign, when our single D2-EZ pos came out of reinforced this morning.  We're talking the key contested system of the moment, in the most horrible place for us to get to because of distance and bottlenecks.

However, we'd taken down the cynojammers and sent a 40+ gang down there this morning at a horrible time, and the tiny number of BoB+allies who showed up promptly backed down.  I am just a lowly pilot.  I can't pretend to understand what they were thinking.  The fleet they used to put that POS into reinforced did so at exactly the same time that our fleet of the same size was dealing with 7 SoCo large towers in a contested station system.

Twitter - Endieposts

Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #1034 on: August 10, 2007, 05:44:17 AM

Sesfan has decided that it's spring cleaning time in 9-9 again, apparently. vundecidedv. Probably should read 'still' instead of 'again', really, as it's essentially the same op which Endie's already mentioned.

Oh, and RISE's 'State of the Alliance' speech got leaked to The War Room. Hilarity ensued (cliff notes version: Not just a river in Egypt).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 05:52:09 AM by Simond »

Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Reply #1035 on: August 10, 2007, 06:07:45 AM

Nice Endie, thats the way I like it....biased and proud.

Not sure why, but I'd almost resub to join Goons at this point. Heheh

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1036 on: August 10, 2007, 07:18:00 AM

The RISE state of the fleet address Simond mentions is utterly hilarious, as well as being totally weird.  If RISE members really believe it, then they are living in one surreal, steam-powered dreamscape.  They claim to have been invaded three times and beaten off each one: we have no idea what they mean, maybe a roaming gang went through or something.  But they do have one hell of a shock coming when we do invade.

For anyone with a wall-map of the south with little pins in it showing the front lines, that's the first of eight BoB POSes in 9-9 out of reinforced and popped.  And UNL just took sov in 66-.  And BoB members have started firesales of cheap battleships and stuff like that: they don't expect to get these stations back any time soon.

Edit: Simond, was that you (Itzena) in the 9-9 ops thread?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 08:38:16 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Ratadm
Terracotta Army

Reply #1037 on: August 10, 2007, 02:50:51 PM

Any chance you can post the rise state of the fleet?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1038 on: August 10, 2007, 03:19:35 PM

Are things going well for Bob while we blow up tower after tower?  Welll... not so much.

And since you ask for the RISE state of the fleet, why should we in GF have all the fun of a massive wall of text containing barely a shred of fact?   Here you go.  Remember, you asked for it:

Pilots of Rise. Welcome to the August edition of our State of the Fleet. This will be a brief summation of our current military status at this point. Welcome also to our friends in KOS/Goon/CA/Sun/Invictus who will be reading this as well...hope you boys get enough troopies mustered to finally get that 6:1 edge on us that you all seem to need.

KW is our continued target. We have shattered KOS completely in Tenerifis. They can talk all they want, but the pure fact of the matter is that they are a shattered husk that stands absolutely no chance vs RISE combat pilots on their own. Enemy alliance after enemy alliance has been poured into the fight in Tenerifis to hold RISE at bay. We are still attacking. Three seperate Coalition counter-offensives into Feythabolis have been utterly and definatively smashed with the Coalition fleets shattered and their POS'es destroyed.

Knowing that KOS/CA/Sun together still had no chance vs RISE they have brought in yet another Coalition Alliance. Invictus has now joined the ranks of the enemy. Hi guys! We buried dozens of their griefer squads that were left over after their initial expulsion from the region, they've been sitting and brooding up in the drone regions now for months...planning...waiting....and now they're back.

We are outnumbered 3:1 in terms of total pilots. It's almost an even fight. The enemy has won the occasional victory, usually owing to sheer mass of numbers. They cannot stop our Raiders. Day in and day out they are punished by our reavers. KOS cries into the great darkness surrounding them and pleads for help. The Coalition replies by sending more and more troops into the area...and yet Tenerifis is still scourged by our Raiders.

8 weeks ago we began preliminary operations in KW knowing full well it would turn into the meat grinder in Tenerifis. The objective wasn't so much to take the system as it was to open a secondary front in the south and cripple any enemy production undertaken in the region with the side benefit of gaining us some new sovereign ground if we won.

Due to the efforts of RISE, nearly 4,000 hostile warships have been kept off the frontlines in Omist. Untold billions have been further spent by the enemy in trying to prop up KOS. Mercenaries were hired, massive fuel bills and lend lease. Not only have we crushed KOS into a whimpering pile of mewling ineffectiveness, but we've also aided the war efforts of our allies tremendously.

The War will soon be entering a new and bloodier phase, one that will be truly epic in scope. RISE combat pilots will be there to see it. While the Coalition was busy pissing around in 9-98 and now 66- and trying to keep Rise from bleeding Tenerifis dry, Alliance forces have slowly moved into place largely unchecked. The stage is set. Summer is nearing an end. You have all had a few relaxed months now to build up your reserves....now it's time to put them on the line.

We are exactly where we want to be. Our Allies are massed and ready. We have nearly unlimited targets within easy range of our home systems. Our industrial base is finally coming into its own and has never been as strong as it is now. In the coming weeks you will all have the opportunity to see large scale combat the likes of which EVE has never seen (weee yeah i know de-synchs and lag.

Will KW fall quickly? No. It was always known that it wouldn't fall quickly. Owing to the porous nature of these public boards most of this was never told to our pilots, so many of you simply assumed our offensive had stalled. Some of you may sit and look at KW and wonder why we haven't taken it as of yet. The wonder isn't that we haven't taken it yet, the wonder is the sheer amount of effort and money the enemy has gone through in order to merely hold onto it. KW is a bleeding wound in Tenerifis and I fully intend to keep twisting the knife. Will it be the burial grounds of the Coalition in Tenerifis? Time, and the resolve of the combat pilots in RISE will determine that.

Two weeks ago KOS command issued glorious and gloating orders to its members to prepare for the destruction of RISE! Friends were coming and our doom was all but assured! Two weeks later their battered survivors huddle in their stations and wait for yet more reinforcements to arrive. Invictus has come, let us greet them warmly my fellow pilots.

In the dark months this spring RISE fought for its very existance. Enemy deathstars littered our home space and wave after wave of enemy fleets hammered away at us. At one point we could field barely a dozen battleships and most of our offensive operations were conducted with T1 Cruisers and light assets. Yet we fought on. With less than half the strength RISE now musters our Fleets still responded to the call. Now when mustered our BS fleet can number in the scores. HACS and Recons now escort those heavies instead of the few cruisers and frigs we could muster this past spring.

Our belts stood largely untouched as we spent hour on hour hunting the enemy griefer squadrons that were in system or repelling the constant attacks. Now the belts are stripped nearly daily. Our industrial boys are churning out warships in a nearly constant stream. Our logisitics people led by Aves and Coolgamer have performed miracles. Feisty MX3 and mighty Carbide have begun churning out goods in ever increasing numbers. Our markets are the best in the South, bar none. Our numbers have nearly doubled. We had survived the onslaught. Once we had any breathing space we went on the offensive.

KW will continue to be contested. RISE faces 3,606 enemy with our 1,230. 3:1 odds and we haven't budged an inch. 3:1 odds and its all the enemy can do to hold us at bay. 3:1 odds with the enemy leadership constantly lying to their member corps. Threatening and fining them. Lies on top of lies on top of lies to keep the truth from their members and potential recruits. 3:1 and Rise Raider squadrons still prowl all of Tenerifis and lay waste to the enemy infrastructure and industry.

3:1, but for how long? Mighty Fleets are manuevering into position as I write this. We have stood against the tide and there is still a long road ahead of us. And at the end of that road, in the dusky little bar full of worn, grim travellers you will sit among your friends with heads held high and know that you were one of the few who stood against the many. Whether you are a pvp pilot who constantly joins the action with the best they have or an industrialist who has spent long hours churning out the tools of war needed by his fellows, you will all know that you did what many wouldn't. You will know that on the day the enemy, crying and wailing in their anguish over being unable to best you, called in the hordes....you did not flinch. You stood your ground and gave it everything you had.

You are the citizen soldiers of the Rise Alliance....and you are exactly where you want to be.

Ladies and gentlemen....let's shake the world.

RISE ABOVE!

PS Finfleet just joined BoB, and were allowed to stay intact.  Barrel: scraped.

Twitter - Endieposts

Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #1039 on: August 10, 2007, 03:50:16 PM

What is the story with KoS then? I see they hold some space in Tenerifis, but their history isn't exactly stellar, so for the uninformed outsider it isn't obvious that RISE couldn't beat them.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1040 on: August 10, 2007, 04:19:32 PM

What is the story with KoS then? I see they hold some space in Tenerifis, but their history isn't exactly stellar, so for the uninformed outsider it isn't obvious that RISE couldn't beat them.

RISE's allies are Bob, corm, RMF and ISS.  KOS's allies are Goons, RA, TCF and the like.  Draw whatever conclusions you like about the outcome of that one.

Edit: we put 8 bob deathstars into reinforced.  We killed them all.  Bob launched a bunch of attacks and got repulsed with heavy BS losses for them and their pets.  Our last kill of the night was Lady Scarlet.  It couldn't get any better*.

*On the prompting of Merusk, i am forced to admit that a number of preferable scenarios do exist.  His involve motherships and titans; mine involve hot twins.  His point stands, however.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 06:20:21 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #1041 on: August 10, 2007, 05:32:33 PM

It couldn't get any better.

Lies.

You could've killed a mothership/ titan, too.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #1042 on: August 10, 2007, 10:55:02 PM

Who is Lady Scarlet and why is the killing thereof a good thing?

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1043 on: August 11, 2007, 01:32:34 AM

Who is Lady Scarlet and why is the killing thereof a good thing?

Lady Scarlet is one of BoB's fleet commanders, and one who we are always delighted to see in charge of their forces.  She is also one of those "guys, guys, I'm a girl, guys, did I endlessly say I was a girl?  Guys?" types who flirts endlessly with anything with an internet-space-pulse.  Since she chose to raise the subject (repeatedly), I feel allowed to mention that she is just the size and level of attractiveness you would expect of a female who attention-whores in an internet space-game.  It's like when the accused claims to be of good character or a politician wheels out his wife as evidence of his family values: those subjects then become open to discussion.

She also then petitions endlessly for just about anything, effectively griefing a group of GMs not often accused of pro-Goon sympathies to the point one of them made an announcement in local "Guys, Lady Scarlet's weight problem is NOT open for discussion."  Not professional - well out of order, in fact - but much appreciated.

As an aside, if you remember the big blob that follows goonfleet around, showing where in the galaxy masses of ships have been destroyed over the last 24 hours?  There are a portion of goons who refer to that huge red blob as "Lady Scarlet".

On the other hand, her treatment by Goons is considerably better than how we act towards Dungar and Apple Boy, and they're on our side.  Only nominally, in the case of Apple Boy (directly responsible for two of my ship deaths).  It's all just a series of petty, childish in-jokes, but then hey: Goons.

Twitter - Endieposts

gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #1044 on: August 11, 2007, 01:35:53 AM

Goons = Snake-eyes
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1045 on: August 12, 2007, 07:34:49 AM

News from the IAAAC/FIX front.

After some FUBAR's, SNAFU's and things I blame on Tyraxx, FIX continues to hold off the barbarians in 49-U. BOS had towers with no strong. Tyraxx put up small towers with no FUEL. There seems little interest in trying to put up proper towers, or kill FIX ones.

Meanwhile AAA with IAC support killed(?) some towers in ED-, but I have no idea what happened.

Tyraxx has stopped posting updates, I think because  a)he posted them to SHC and didn';t be bothered to tell IAC members what was happening (so some IAC rabble yelled at him) and b)we're not getting anywhere.

My current theory is the RSF is using FIX as Army group Centre of the Russian front after Stalingrad (9-9?): put pressure on the front and draw away reservers (MC playing the part of a panzer army) while the main force cleans up the Cauceses (Omist).

The question is, if IAC stops attacking 49-U, will MC redeploy to an offensive posture (attacking Deep Catch) or will they help BoB in a more direct manor.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1046 on: August 13, 2007, 03:29:49 AM

Another good weekend (edit: which could still go wrong!): SoCo got told to pack up their stuff by Bob last week, at which point one of them posted on the Eve-O forums claiming that their new-Confederate alliance had been ruined by the arrival of black people.  The result was that 0OY was up for contention: RA were due to get sov today but only had 3 out of 7 POSes in station, so it will switch back soon unless we blow another one up.  We duly reinforced them all, and they've been coming out over the past 12 hours or so.  The first two times we trundled over there to find that Bob were sitting on a gate in R97 with a couple of titans, 4 motherships, a bunch of carriers and a decent-sized support fleet.  In the context of this POS war, that's the equivalent of screaming "don't come any nearer I've got a gun!" in a shrill squeal.

So we turned round and put more of their 9-9 towers into reinforced.  Who knows, maybe they'll manage once more and save the last tower that came out in the last hour or so.  Certainly every advantage is with them.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 04:06:55 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #1047 on: August 13, 2007, 03:53:10 AM

Another good weekend: SoCo got told to pack up their stuff by Bob last week, at which point one of them posted on the Eve-O forums claiming that their new-Confederate alliance had been ruined by the arrival of black people.  The result was that 0OY was up for contention: RA were due to get sov today but only had 3 out of 7 POSes in station, so it will switch back soon unless we blow another one up.  We duly reinforced them all, and they've been coming out over the past 12 hours or so.  The first two times we trundled over there to find that Bob were sitting on a gate in R97 with a couple of titans, 4 motherships, a bunch of carriers and a decent-sized support fleet.  In the context of this POS war, that's the equivalent of screaming "don't come any nearer I've got a gun!" in a shrill squeal.

So we turned round and put more of their 9-9 towers into reinforced.  Who knows, maybe they'll manage once more and save the last tower that came out in the last hour or so.  Certainly every advantage is with them.
Not surprising. BoB was really overextended once their Titans were nerfed. I'm surprised they're fighting over 9-9 at all, but I suspect that's mostly to keep everyone occupied while they work up how much space they can consolidate and hold without their Titans.

And then, you know, start consoldiating it and getting the Sov bonuses while everyone else is dicking around in 9-9 and a few other areas.

Which all makes sense, considering the new Sov stuff is equivilant to fortifications and trench warfare -- BoB doesn't have the resources, man-power, or pre-planning to tie up all the systems it was cavorting around when Titans were unnerfed. So they let 9-9 and a few other systems drag on while they fortify as much of what they can, before beating a hasty retreat.

It's not really surprising -- their primary battlefield advantage was taken away, their foes gained a significant edge (numbers mean more now and BoB is seriously outnumbered) and the whole way the war is fought changed. BoB doesn't have the resources to push anywhere until they get their own territory forted up and protected. Frankly, these changes might have stalemated the whole damn war -- once the lines settle in, I wouldn't be surprised to find both sides unable to really move.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #1048 on: August 13, 2007, 04:13:41 AM

Bob aren't fighting on in 9-9: they just can't realistically get those towers out.

Also, you must have been reading Dianabolic's nonsense on Scrapheap Challenge or something: Bob are huge now, as they've been accepting huge numbers of people.  Look at the Outpost Alert site for stats on their numbers.  It's just a shame that all the people they accept have come from losing sides in their previous battles.  RISE is also massive, as are several other Bob-aligned grups, most of whom are now fighting on their home territory, with short supply routes.

Bob's problem isn't size, so much as the fact that their numbers aren't turning out for alarm-clocked strategic ops that still fail.  Of course, that might be different with their massive 18-hour stretch camping O0Y today.  It's probably the most important system in Feyth, so they seem to be doing all they can, for sure.

Edit:  maybe you're right about them setting up defences and the const sov changes.  But remember that they and their allies have had level 3 const sov in every system we've taken so far, with cyno jammers in the whole lot.  Only const 4 will give them more of an advantage, and while Bob are the only one of the big alliances not to have any sov-4-ready constellations, I'm sure that they'll manage that eventually.  We'll learn a lot about what to do when we take on RISE in their sov-4 capital const, probably the most defensible in the game (the RIT triangle, with only one way in).
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 04:19:31 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #1049 on: August 13, 2007, 04:27:20 AM

Bob aren't fighting on in 9-9: they just can't realistically get those towers out.

Also, you must have been reading Dianabolic's nonsense on Scrapheap Challenge or something: Bob are huge now, as they've been accepting huge numbers of people.  Look at the Outpost Alert site for stats on their numbers.  It's just a shame that all the people they accept have come from losing sides in their previous battles.  RISE is also massive, as are several other Bob-aligned grups, most of whom are now fighting on their home territory, with short supply routes.

Bob's problem isn't size, so much as the fact that their numbers aren't turning out for alarm-clocked strategic ops that still fail.  Of course, that might be different with their massive 18-hour stretch camping O0Y today.  It's probably the most important system in Feyth, so they seem to be doing all they can, for sure.
Actually, I've just been reading this thread. It seems pretty simple.

Once upon a blue moon, BoB had Titans. They could jump into systems, hide in a single POS shield, and remotely blow the shit out of anyone else in the system. They had several of them, so they could do it ever 20 minutes or so. Which meant any battle in a system where BoB owned a POS BoB had a gigantic advantage.  They had mobility, they had safe doomsdays, and any large fleet wishing to engage them was going to eat a doomsday or two before BoB's own fleet warped in. And BoB had lots of dreads, and their enemies couldn't target BoB's support with DD's nearly as well as BoB could hit theirs.

So BoB could take systems much more easily than anyone else could. They could leapfrog around, causing havoc -- their Titans were death (or at least a lot of hurt) to the counter-dread fleets their enemies wanted to use to defend in POS warfare.

Then everything changed -- Titans became dangerous to use. They had to be right there. They got locked down when they fired. Moreover, systems slowly started being able to prevent those bloody things from jumping in once they had enough Sov. Worse yet, there was a desynch bug -- random and it hit both sides, but if you were smaller than your foe, and relied on more expensive ships, it's a bug that cut you deeper than your foe.

So BoB needs fleets of dreads to take POSes -- but needs support fleets to protect them, because their Titans can't. (Which means more pilots). They're over-extended -- they relied on mobility of their Titans and dreads to hold systems, rather than the equivilant of garrisons. They can make big, pretty fleets -- but they can't fight like they're used to, can't use the tactics they're equipped for, and they can't cover the territory they have.

So they pull back. Readjust their lines. Fight pointless holding actions to make sure their enemies doesn't stab too deep while they try to figure out what to do next. And they recruit -- because they need pilots. Two Titans were enough to protect a fleet of Dreads anywhere in the system -- but now they need carriers, motherships, battleships, and the like.

For awhile, they were acting like rifleman facing Roman infantry -- numbers didn't matter, because their bullets were shredding the Romans before they got close. And even when the Romans got archers, the bullets were still more effective -- then, one day, gunpowder stopped working.....
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: