Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:13:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1923491 times)
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #875 on: July 10, 2007, 02:28:59 AM

Goons didn't bring many battleships tonight for some reason. I think I saw Evil Thug on a milk carton the other day.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #876 on: July 10, 2007, 02:46:04 AM

Goons didn't bring many battleships tonight for some reason. I think I saw Evil Thug on a milk carton the other day.

There were no orders to that effect, so I would imagine that it was a mixture of pragmatic elements.  Most of all, I suspect that goons simply picked up whatever was available, and we lost a lot of ships yesterday, so until the new, nearby outpost/refinery pair starts to crank up production one day was a short time to replace everything.  I see a bunch of stuff being built in place and convoyed in, though, so I imagine that'll no longer be an issue by tomorrow.

I notice that Rise hardly showed up at all, by the way.  Were they told to get lost like the incompetent fuck-ups that they are?  Or were you rotating allies (Red Moon Federation and Executive Outcomes today, Rise and Exec yesterday, for example)?

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #877 on: July 10, 2007, 02:51:13 AM

Final outcome: Nine towers came out of reinforced today, and nine towers were repaired, recharged & refuelled. No further towers are currently in reinforced mode. Also, there was no lemming-like jump into the teeth of a gatecamp tonight so BoB didn't get to pad their K : D ratio with any more turkey-shoots.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #878 on: July 10, 2007, 03:10:52 AM

14-0 over two nights.  I never dreamt for a second that it would play out like this.  It's glorious.  I'm off to celebrate by trolling Eve-O.  :-D

Edit - 14-0, not 15-0: I can't add 9 and 5, apparently.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 04:13:31 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #879 on: July 10, 2007, 09:31:14 AM

While the eastern front continues to be all where all the big action is, the western-desert sideshow between IAC and FIX continues. Our attack to get sov in Qeruouis failed (I dont know why, I dont think there was a large fleet battle. We send fleets into their space, and they do ours, and both sides cause a few kills.

Edit: from the EvE-o thread it appers that IAC was sitting on the gate opposite FIX in equal numbers (with FIX being in sniper postions and hence the advantage) when a AAA fleet showed up, ignored IAC and went charging in like the ravanous barbarians they are. Large battle ends with IAC\/AAA holding the system and putting some more towers down.

Because of the long jump distance between IAC and AAA you don't get much cap ships involved, it's somewhat like EVE combat was before carriers and dreads showed up.

Need a name for the group attacking FIX, it's IAC, AAA, BOS, Someoneelse(MMA?) vs FIX with D-L showing up every now and then, but noy as part of the FIX fleet I think.

I was in a gang trying to hunt down a FIX sniper fleet in IAC space but we ended up not engaging because they had spooky powers that seemed to indicate a spy was in our gang. Ah well, both sides do it.

Where will BoB's stratagic reserve of MC be deployed? To help FIX (who need it if AAA keeps showing up) or to help BoB down in 9-9? AAA is working with IAC, but mostly with the intention on getting kills, not gain terriority for themselves, but could serve to counter MC. Conversly, would MC be willing to risk a cap fleet in the mass of de-syncs that are common these days?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 08:08:07 PM by Comstar »

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #880 on: July 10, 2007, 11:56:15 AM

If I was BoB, I'd have MC attack through the Great Wildlands pipe to Scalding Pass and put pressure on GoonSwarm from that side. That'd be the old -V- ground where F13 had a brief stint. GW has NPC stations, so logistics should be ok. It'd break off their main (I assume) Empire pipe and disturb their (I assume again) main moneymaking area. I'm not sure who hangs around in GW at the moment, but I think Clan of War might be there. They might attack anyone (including MC) for fun, but who knows.

I assume such a move would be anticipated by the goons though - it's not exactly strategic rocket science. Not sure what they'd do about it though. It's harder to keep an alliance morale up when people are fighting in the areas where you want to mine and make isk.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #881 on: July 10, 2007, 12:12:56 PM

Judging by BoB's tactics, I think they wrote off 9-9 awhile back -- their stront timings and such were too weird, and while they threw up more POS to put off the inevietable, I wonder if they're trying to bleed GS as much as possible.

BoB's outnumbered by GS/RA which normally means you fight defensively, when the odds favor you -- but with Titans, BoB could negate that numerical advantage. They can't anymore.

On the other hand, bleeding GS is hard -- they really don't care. And you can't make deep cuts into RA's moneytrain, either. So you're stuck with trying to get situations where you can bleed GS's relatively few (relative to BoB) well-equipped capitals, and avoid Swarms-o-Death.

The best you can do, really, is try to force GS fleets together into odd spots and try to handle them with smaller numbers, but superior ships.

I don't think BoB can take territory from GS now -- BoB has the dreads, but GS has the numbers to rep POS's and pop dreads with impunity. GS can simply launch a much bigger spoiler fleet than BoB.
Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #882 on: July 10, 2007, 12:19:05 PM

I pretty much thought the same thing about a week ago but didn't want to say anything about it :P The eve alliance map already claims 'Interdiction vs the Southern Coalition' in GW. It claims Cult of War is with BoB so if they are already there... but it also shows them in Geminate against Smash & Roadkill.
Vedi
Terracotta Army

Reply #883 on: July 10, 2007, 12:45:08 PM

It might be as simple as a summer lul. Perhaps the BoB and MC has decided that they rather wait a month or two until their leadership and members are back from vacations before starting anything new. If so, it gives the goons lots of time to lock down constellation sovereignty in Scalding Pass though.

It'll be cool to follow either way :D.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #884 on: July 10, 2007, 01:10:07 PM

The only problems with BoB asking MC to harass Scalding Pass are the following:
1) Hangs FIX out to dry completely. Probably wouldn't cause BoB too many sleepless nights to begin with, but having IAC/-A- on their NE borders might.
2) Puts MC capital ships in HOT DROP! range of both -A- and RA...which wouldn't make MC management happy at all.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #885 on: July 10, 2007, 01:24:31 PM

I don't think CoW will be found in numbers in either the south or in Geminate any more.

All public info from MC states they are looking for a bit of PvE, a simple contract, and some time off from territorial warfare. I guess we'll see how true that proves. I wouldn't be surprised if RAZOR/MM/R0adkill/Smash or FATAL/M.Pire hires them up there in a few weeks, assuming someone in the new north can hold onto their systems long enough for it to matter.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #886 on: July 10, 2007, 01:27:35 PM

If the non-BoB half of the North hired MC to smash the BoB half of the North, I wouldn't stop laughing for hours.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #887 on: July 10, 2007, 02:22:49 PM

On the other hand, bleeding GS is hard -- they really don't care. And you can't make deep cuts into RA's moneytrain, either. So you're stuck with trying to get situations where you can bleed GS's relatively few (relative to BoB) well-equipped capitals, and avoid Swarms-o-Death.

Two problems with this: one is that a delaying action against the biggest alliance in the game who are openly encouraging as many members as possible to train for dreads is not a viable long-term strategy,  The other is that despite GF's much-vaunted poverty we do not have any shortage of money when it comes to our dread program.  I can't say why, because I've not seen it discussed on SHC or elsewhere yet, but we recently had a thread that shows that we have a superfluosity of dread-building capacity and capability.

As regards Bob having already given up on 9-9 a while ago, I just don't see it.  They were, only 2 weeks ago, spamming it with POSes and already attacking their next target, in Detorid.  We countered 9-9, they panicked, split their forces, and took a pounding.  Then they withdrew to Tenerifis, and threw huge fleets (120 or so every night) at stopping our reductions of their POSes.  Honestly, almost every night I would log in at 7 and be on til three, fighting running battles each evening until we would trap them at a gate or aligning at a POS, inflict losses then get the rest of the night free to reinforce or destroy POSes.  It was tough going, sure: I ended up with an ulcer on my cornea* from scratching it playing hockey on my "evening off" then wearing contacts for 18 or 19 hours every night and stopping it healing.  And I never catass games any more.  But it was such fun getting to win every night instead of the Titan guaranteed loss in every battle that I didn't want to stop.

I think a major difference is that almost all of GF actually plays Eve.  A huge number of Bob members log in for ops: they sit on IM or check the forums, get the call-up, log in and fight, then log off.  That's fine, but it leaves the emphasis on far fewer people to do the unglamourous stuff like gun-repping, shieldboosting and POS-fuelling.  I think that's why stront times have been shoddy, guns easily disabled, and passwords not set.

Another sign has been that fittings that we've looted - and we've looted a lot now that we so often control the battlefield - have been far worse.  Stuff like Gistii has given way first to T2, then to best-named, and eventually straight T1 stuff.  The last two mornings were a bit of an exception: you could tell Bob were making an effort, because the fittings were a bit better again.  Just as well: we were getting used to the extra income  :-D

Other than that, Morat, I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head with your analysis.

-----

*This is embarassing, and considerably less fun than it sounds, requiring several hours in a hospital.

Twitter - Endieposts

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #888 on: July 10, 2007, 02:54:15 PM

Another sign has been that fittings that we've looted - and we've looted a lot now that we so often control the battlefield - have been far worse.  Stuff like Gistii has given way first to T2, then to best-named, and eventually straight T1 stuff.  The last two mornings were a bit of an exception: you could tell Bob were making an effort, because the fittings were a bit better again.  Just as well: we were getting used to the extra income  :-D

Other than that, Morat, I think you've pretty much hit the nail on the head with your analysis.

-----

*This is embarassing, and considerably less fun than it sounds, requiring several hours in a hospital.
Well, given the situation -- they were putting up a fight for 9-9 when the Titan-nerf happened. That fucked their long-term strategy, but they continued fighting for 9-9 thinking they could take it. Goons numbers, in the lack of Titan support (and the loss of a BoB Titan), started ass-raping them. So they flailed about in 9-9.

I think, judging by the tactics I've seen, that they gave up on 9-9 but figured they taking pot-shots at it and keeping it in flux would concentrate Goons in ways that that allow them to bleed your ships -- which would explain flying cheaper ships, among other things.

As I said -- Goonswarm doesn't care about losses, but if they're going to lose 9-9, trying to take down significant numbers of ships in the process is at least something.

I think the nut of the whole affair is that when the Titan nerf came through, BoB was over-extended and lost their best weapon against Goon numerical superiority. What I suspect is happening right now is BoB members are looking hard at the new Stealth bombers (the supposed new "anti-blob" tactic) and thinking to outfit pilots. (I believe some Goons used a nice strike to obliterate fighter coverage during a BoB attack).

I expect BoB to fall back a bit and reinforce, and attempt to come up with tactics to replace their Titans. Simultaneous bomber strikes to Goon blobs seems a possibility, and some of what was happening in 9-9 appeared to be BoB trying to position Goon forces (probably not for a bomber strike, but as a test). Of course, I'm relying on third-hand reports from dubious sources.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #889 on: July 10, 2007, 03:16:19 PM

Yep. the stealth bombers are supposedly anti-blob.  The trouble is that, while we have a fair number of pilots training in them ourselves - stupid ships do attract goons - their usefulness is limited by cost.  They take as long as a doomsday to go off, and cost 15 million per bomb.  That means you have to somehow take out 25-30 uninsured T1 frigates fitted (for goons) rather pricily to break even on the deal.  Lord knows how you get close enough to such a swarm without decloaking.  Maybe confusion of battle is the idea.  If the frigates are moving - rather likely - then you'll find it hard to take them out.  Lord knows how you'd do with a speeding dictor or inty.

Fighters may be a different issue.  But we found a better way to wipe out the entire Bob fighter blob.

This is just my view: I know that both sides have people committed to making them work.  I may very well be completely wrong.

Twitter - Endieposts

Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #890 on: July 10, 2007, 03:26:49 PM

Yep. the stealth bombers are supposedly anti-blob.  The trouble is that, while we have a fair number of pilots training in them ourselves - stupid ships do attract goons - their usefulness is limited by cost.  They take as long as a doomsday to go off, and cost 15 million per bomb.  That means you have to somehow take out 25-30 uninsured T1 frigates fitted (for goons) rather pricily to break even on the deal.  Lord knows how you get close enough to such a swarm without decloaking.  Maybe confusion of battle is the idea.  If the frigates are moving - rather likely - then you'll find it hard to take them out.  Lord knows how you'd do with a speeding dictor or inty.

Fighters may be a different issue.  But we found a better way to wipe out the entire Bob fighter blob.

This is just my view: I know that both sides have people committed to making them work.  I may very well be completely wrong.

I was thinking more multiple bombs as a starter -- if your opponent is starting with part of his shields or armor blown, that's a big advantage. Getting them together is tougher -- but I note BoB was apparently dropping warp bubbles in odd places.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #891 on: July 10, 2007, 04:34:08 PM

It might be as simple as a summer lul. Perhaps the BoB and MC has decided that they rather wait a month or two until their leadership and members are back from vacations before starting anything new. If so, it gives the goons lots of time to lock down constellation sovereignty in Scalding Pass though.

It'll be cool to follow either way :D.

Or it could be that a large number of BoB left last week to attend SirMolle's RL Gathering/BBQ. Most of them wont be back till next week.
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #892 on: July 10, 2007, 08:44:24 PM

Or it could be that a large number of BoB left last week to attend SirMolle's RL Gathering/BBQ. Most of them wont be back till next week.
Or, you know, all of the above. The Titan nerfing fucked BoB pretty hard -- they really are overextended and their tactics are in flux. I think they're trying to work out new anti-blob and POS tactics, whereas Goons are mostly falling back on the "We have four times more people than you" tactic which is pretty straightforward. :)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #893 on: July 11, 2007, 02:09:13 AM

Or, you know, all of the above. The Titan nerfing fucked BoB pretty hard -- they really are overextended and their tactics are in flux. I think they're trying to work out new anti-blob and POS tactics, whereas Goons are mostly falling back on the "We have four times more people than you" tactic which is pretty straightforward. :)

This is perhaps a little unfair.  The "more people" thing is in US prime (and Russian prime for big events).  In euro prime Bob outnumbers us every night for several hours.  The reason that we've been such delighted little goonies is that most of last week's battles around gates and POSes in 9-9 happened between fleets of roughly equal proportions: usually 80-90 Bob and 100-110 Goons.

Bob still undoubtedly handle laggy fleet battles better than us: they are better at knowing when to save their ships, and are better at acting autonomously than a lot of goons, many of whom are very new to Eve, let alone to big fights.  If Tolon says "align on x", we'll still have three or four people each time who end up warping accidentally, but ten days ago that was likely to be 7 or 8 each time.  You'll see people in BSes on our killmails who really shouldn't have been firing on close-in tacklers, but that's getting better, too.   With titans, running fleet battles have been pretty rare for a while now, and people like myself are just being blooded at the moment.  We'll improve quickly, just because we're still learning the easy lessons.

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #894 on: July 11, 2007, 07:18:57 AM

Whoaaaa, I just spotted the dates involved here on SHC.

You are seriously presenting, for the loss of 9-9, the excuse that a significant amount of your alliance was already away to attend Molle's barbeque?

Molle's barbeque on Friday the 20th until Saturday 21st of July?  A date that is still nine days away now?

Bob, just to be sure I read you right, has lost 9-9, despite their biggest ever turnout in the war against us, two nights running, because a high percentage of your alliance left last week, 2 weeks in advance of an overnight barbeque?  And they won't be back til next week (by which I take it you mean the week after next)?  Over a fortnight?  In an alliance of over 3000 members, just how many of them have taken this 2-week+ Danish break for an evening of burgers?

This is getting posted to GF's forums: it's possibly the most inventive excuse yet.

Plus, we know it's crap: some of the wang guys in particular have been doing killmail analysis, and we know your numbers.

Twitter - Endieposts

LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #895 on: July 11, 2007, 07:37:16 AM

You are seriously presenting, for the loss of 9-9, the excuse that a significant amount of your alliance was already away to attend Molle's barbeque?

Molle's barbeque on Friday the 20th until Saturday 21st of July?  A date that is still nine days away now?

Bob, just to be sure I read you right, has lost 9-9, despite their biggest ever turnout in the war against us, two nights running, because a high percentage of your alliance left last week, 2 weeks in advance of an overnight barbeque?  And they won't be back til next week (by which I take it you mean the week after next)?  Over a fortnight?  In an alliance of over 3000 members, just how many of them have taken this 2-week+ Danish break for an evening of burgers?

This is getting posted to GF's forums: it's possibly the most inventive excuse yet.

Plus, we know it's crap: some of the wang guys in particular have been doing killmail analysis, and we know your numbers.

Not sure when it is, but there were several "Gone to BBQ see you when I get back" posts. The bbq is only open to the general community on those dates. It actually lasts a whole week I think.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 07:40:14 AM by LC »
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #896 on: July 11, 2007, 11:21:01 AM

True story from 9-9:

Logged in earlier to change some skills in 9-9. KIATolon was busy talking shit in local. He called us cowards for not coming to fight him. His group arrived at the 5-1 pos and started idling about 350km out. A few minutes later a group of BoB landed right on top of them. A bubble was dropped and about 5 goons got popped. Most of the goons (including KIATolon) made it out of the bubble and warped away. A minute later he was whining about our "blob" in local, and how BoB won't fight when the numbers are even. The sides looked pretty even in size to me though. Goons continued with their normal racial slurs and whines as I logged out.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #897 on: July 11, 2007, 12:19:26 PM

Yep.  Tolon's ability to prod Bob into annoyance is one of the many reasons GF own 9-9 and Bob lost it.

If you watch local then, let's be frank, you get what you deserve.  And I mean that quite literally.

Twitter - Endieposts

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #898 on: July 11, 2007, 01:27:26 PM

Clearly at least 30% of BoB are Amish and hence shun modern fast methods of transportation to said event.
neep
Terracotta Army

Reply #899 on: July 11, 2007, 01:43:12 PM

Hence the pets, galleys need to be manned to reach the overseas barbecues!

Other than that, we have motivated enemies in a perpetual war, we are blessed indeed.
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #900 on: July 11, 2007, 03:06:21 PM

Yep.  Tolon's ability to prod Bob into annoyance is one of the many reasons GF own 9-9 and Bob lost it.

Really? I thought the reason was POS spamming while BoB was sleeping.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #901 on: July 11, 2007, 03:25:14 PM

Not sure when it is, but there were several "Gone to BBQ see you when I get back" posts. The bbq is only open to the general community on those dates. It actually lasts a whole week I think.
*hands LC a shovel*

...let's be frank...
Heh. So tempting.  :-D

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #902 on: July 11, 2007, 03:52:56 PM

Here's a funny thing - I think you'll like it - but (this is the good bit, trust me)... neither side could POS spam!  Crazy, huh?!?  This is on the same level as your "we lost 9-9 because we're having a three-week lunch break" analysis.

Every moon was occupied by a POS.  Every one.  Why?  Because Bob got 9-9 by POS spamming every unoccupied moon before the patch limited alliances to 5 towers a day.  So, at the risk of seeming patronising, that means that neither side could POS spam, as there was nowhere left to spam.  You fail at POS warfare 101.

Either side that wanted the system had to reinforce and kill the other side's POSes.  You do understand what I'm saying here, yes?  Bob and GF spent all of last week trying to kill each others' POSes.  We blew up a string of them.  Bob managed to destroy (let me count it one more time to make sure I got this right) zero.

OK, you've tried "we had our mouths full of burger and couldn't politely converse on teamspeak", you've tried "GF have more money than poor BoB and kept creating extra celestial bodies to spam POSes at".  What next?

Twitter - Endieposts

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #903 on: July 11, 2007, 04:10:52 PM

I much prefer pvp games to pve, you just don't get the same depth of interaction.  I'm going to make a couple of comments here that will probably go over your head LC but don't worry I'm not expecting much from you.

The attraction of an open pvp game to me is the lack of rules.  In Eve it appears you can pretty much do and say whatever you want to someone outside of Empire space.  I like that.  There's a large section of the Eve playerbase that appear to like the open pvp nature of the game but invent their own "rules" of acceptable behaviour, such as.

No Pos spamming, no logon traps, no scamming, no racist language, no admitting that an alliance (other than your own) is wonderful beyond belief, sexual explicit language is allowed but even that has a limit.  A fight isn't fair if one side has more ships, not only is it not fair but the extra ships weren't there for added firepower but clearly just to create lag, words like respect and honour are thrown around constantly as if they actually mean something.  When a 1 on 1 duel is accepted, it's bad form to have 12 friends help you destroy and loot your enemy, spying, corporation theft and sabotage are not good things.

I fully understand all that, I like the freedom of playing with people like the goons who realise the above is complete crap. 

Taking the pos spamming as an example you should know that BoB have previously said they don't pos spam.  You also probably know when 9-9 fell to BoB, it was because they pos spammed the system.  The game mechanic is, you get ownership of a system if you have more large control towers than the other guy, so it's borderline retarded to not raise more towers if you are behind in the count.  Especially if the system is important, you just raise more towers, no matter what the imaginary acceptable limit is based on the herd mentality of eve-o.  All that's ignoring the fact that about 20 BoB towers were put into reinforced and then destroyed just to have room to do it, but again you probably already knew that.

Goons poking fun at BoB for pos spamming is not because most of them believe you shouldn't pos spam, it's because BoB have previously imposed a rule on themselves by saying they don't do it and then broke their own rule.  That's funny, maybe not hilarious but it's at least slightly amusing.

The racist language you are so concerned about is being used (mostly I guess) because it annoys your alliance, there might be some racist goons, but it's very difficult to tell when goons troll each other and everyone else for a reaction.

Edit typos.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 01:28:19 AM by Arthur_Parker »
Trouble
Terracotta Army

Reply #904 on: July 12, 2007, 12:44:03 AM

Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #905 on: July 12, 2007, 01:31:43 AM

Man, if only i had a dollar for every time that poor article got trotted out when someone mentiones 'fair play' in a discussion about games.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #906 on: July 12, 2007, 05:07:37 PM

Man it got quiet in here. This just came across the wire.

RISE, for those not in the know, are one of BoB's vassal/tenant alliances in Feythabolis, a region between BoB's core and the RedSwarm regions. Not known for amazing competence, either.

Shortly after the last patch, they realize that about 1.2 billion isk worth of BPOs have suddenly disappeared. Must be a bug, right? They petition.

The GMs inform them that the BPOs are in the hands of another character and that they've been the victims of corp theft.

Denial mode, activate! They post an Eve-O thread about how the buggy patch ate their BPOs and they want them back. The petition is escalated and the guy who owned the BPOs states that he's considering quitting RISE since it took him "over a year" to save up to buy them:

Quote from: Some dude
2007.07.12 02:34
I sent the GM a reply to this, but I bet we will never see those again. I will post on Wyehr's thread. And, as much as I like you guys, I think I should also start looking for a new corp. I can't game with someone who would steal the biggest fucking asset I had, which took me a year of saving to buy.

The GMs respond again, definitively stating that they've been victims of corptheft. Laughter, on everyone else's part, ensues.

I'll give you three guesses as to which corporation currently owns them, by the way. :)

Edit: Looks like the link I gave isn't the original post. I'm not going digging through eve-o for the real one though. Oh well.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 05:10:42 PM by Yoru »
Kamen
Terracotta Army

Reply #907 on: July 13, 2007, 07:04:16 AM

Not to derail your all to quiet war thread but I have a question for you Goons:

One of my characters is a pretty uber PvPer.  He was approached out of the blue last week by a Goon inside the game regarding joining up.  I responded "no thanks", closed the chat, and never thought anything of it until I saw a post recently by a Goon director saying they only recruit out of game.  True?  Was I going to offered the wonderful opportunity to pay 307 gazillion isk to be allowed to join the Goonies?

I'm not offended at somebody trying to scam me mind you, I doubt they could, and I certainly would never pay anyone for the high honor of joining their corp, I'm only asking because the character would be a pretty desirable asset to most PvP corps and if the 'we only recruit out of game" policy is 100% true or not.  I mean really, if one of the big guns of the game were to say "hey, I want to join up" the Goon response would be "sorry, we don't recruit in game"?  Doesn't sound very believeable TBH.
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #908 on: July 13, 2007, 07:18:34 AM

No shit, we need some drama quick... your (not-so)silent observers demand more pewpew!

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #909 on: July 13, 2007, 07:30:26 AM

Not to derail your all to quiet war thread but I have a question for you Goons:

One of my characters is a pretty uber PvPer.  He was approached out of the blue last week by a Goon inside the game regarding joining up.  I responded "no thanks", closed the chat, and never thought anything of it until I saw a post recently by a Goon director saying they only recruit out of game.  True?  Was I going to offered the wonderful opportunity to pay 307 gazillion isk to be allowed to join the Goonies?

I'm not offended at somebody trying to scam me mind you, I doubt they could, and I certainly would never pay anyone for the high honor of joining their corp, I'm only asking because the character would be a pretty desirable asset to most PvP corps and if the 'we only recruit out of game" policy is 100% true or not.  I mean really, if one of the big guns of the game were to say "hey, I want to join up" the Goon response would be "sorry, we don't recruit in game"?  Doesn't sound very believeable TBH.

It's not unusual. A friend of mine (Flinky on these boards) was approached by a Goonfleet guy irl at an internet cafe and asked to join Goonfleet. We had a good laugh about it.

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: