Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:07:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1946765 times)
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #560 on: May 09, 2007, 04:59:17 PM

Finally something to report:  Freelancers Alliance (FLA) has surrendered to MC and -YW- in the north, and Intrepid Crossing (IRC, an ASCN remnant) has surrendered to RISE in the south.  Neither is a major alliance, but it's the first ones knocked out of the fight completely since LV went down two months ago.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #561 on: May 09, 2007, 05:15:01 PM

Also Remedial is stepping down as leader of goonswarm, Mittani is taking over.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #562 on: May 10, 2007, 01:40:32 AM

Not really a huge change, as The Mittani and the Directorship Cabal have been running things behinds the scenes for a fair few months now anyway - something to do with Remedial deciding that actually completing his lawyer training was more important than internet spaceships. ;)

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #563 on: May 11, 2007, 04:02:52 PM

BoB, a study in cognitive dissonance:
POS spam is bad! unless we're the ones doing it.
We only want a decent fight! which is why we brought two titans, half a dozen motherships and two dozen dreads & carriers
 roflcopter

Edit: Oh yeah, this is in 9-9.

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #564 on: May 11, 2007, 11:46:43 PM

Mandatory IAC operation. Jumped 40 gates to sit in a goon station that allowed me to find out I need to start selling stuff in Goon stations.

Seeing as there appered to be no hope of combat, 1/3 of the fleet decided to die and get podded home. We killed 3 BoB ships! I didn't get to see the Titan.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #565 on: May 14, 2007, 06:10:23 AM

ETA on Titan-bowling being declared an exploit after all?

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #566 on: May 14, 2007, 08:40:39 AM

Evil Thug killed a faction fitted carrier (he bumped it), RA killed it.

4(!) BoB Titans are doing the same sort of thing, I think they killed a carrier too.

So, not for awhile I'd say.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #567 on: May 14, 2007, 11:18:05 AM

wait, wait, wiat 4???
One Ragnarok, Two Avatars and???

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #568 on: May 14, 2007, 03:10:31 PM

The funnier thing is the BoB titan doomsdaying from inside his PoS shield.  Only to discover that the effect is now only to blow up the stuff inside the shield.

The 9-9 situation is that the stront seems to have been timed just right: all the POSes to come out so far - I am told - have been Eastern Bloc ones, and all have been saved.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #569 on: May 14, 2007, 04:52:42 PM

Well, it's certainly been an interesting day today.

Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #570 on: May 14, 2007, 04:53:57 PM

4(!) BoB Titans are doing the same sort of thing, I think they killed a carrier too.

Urge to log in... falling... falling... gone.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #571 on: May 14, 2007, 11:19:10 PM

Apperntly BoB will own the system in 2 days, unless the Collation can kill some BoB towers (all moons are full I think).

Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #572 on: May 15, 2007, 12:02:15 AM

ok, people, don't make me log in. I still have like 20 days on a skill. Where's 9-9 and what's it tactical and strategical siginficance?

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #573 on: May 15, 2007, 01:47:12 AM

Also some big fights up north, IRON is on the verge of being pushed out of their stations and it looks like they called in *all* the favors (D2/PURE/Razor/Morus Mihi).  So did MC, so this is looking like the ED-/9CG fights, but on IRON's turf this time.  I like that much better.  If IRON loses, they're out of a home and the remaining D2 sliver in the NW probably won't last much longer.

--Dave (and my damned carrier alt still lacks the jump skills to get there, dammit)

--Signature Unclear
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #574 on: May 15, 2007, 01:52:49 AM

The North's complete implosion is down right amusing. It's a lot like LV, people expected them to go down, but no one thought it would go *that* fast.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #575 on: May 15, 2007, 02:11:04 AM

Well, it's particularly sweet against IRON, they were the worst smacktards during the siege of ED-, and now that the shoe is on the other foot and kicking them in the ass, they're whining up a storm.  We didn't whine about their outnumbering us 4 to 1 and bringing 60+ capitals, we just held the line (in second and third-tier ships we could afford to lose in job lots).  Now the top-tier ships we were saving up are in their turf, and they're broke from 4 months of accomplishing dick against us.  Northern morale is definitely in the toilet.  If IRON falls, the remnants of the northern coalition may fall apart.  Not a done deal, they're fielding some decent fleets for this stand.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #576 on: May 15, 2007, 02:20:34 AM

Edit: About 9-9.

It has a refinery, it's on the main pipe to Feyth, and it (currently) has Goon sovereignty. (IOW it's a nice system, but doesn't hold anything vital...like a capital shipyard, for example).

Secondly, it's the place where BoB showed that their spiel of "We hate POS spamming"/"We just want a fair fight" was utter bollocks. If you want a fair fight, you don't bring four titans + dozens of other caps, camp all gates & the outpost 23/7 for four days, and then make sure, by POS-spamming, that all moons have a POS up in a 60+ moon system.

It was also the place the Goonswarm capital ship fleet got christened. 4 BoB capitals killed for no GS losses, and BoB ran away. :D

Anyway, worst case scenario - we just fall back to the next system and wait for BoB to try and poopsock their way through that one as well - if they repeat what they've done to 9-9, they're leaving MC/YW/etc. totally unsupported*, and their pets unguarded.

Of course, what's really funny is BoB (or their alts) are going on about 7:1 kill ratios in the battles last night - yes, true, but the 7 were frigates & ewar cruisers, and the 1 was things like officer-fitted HACs. You'd think with all the ex-LV in RKK they'd have moved on from 'LOL K:D' by now.

*Which is what happened last night - which is why the northern alliances got a 300+ ship fleet together and went around putting POSes into reinforced while MC hid in stations.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 02:24:03 AM by Simond »

dwindlehop
Terracotta Army

Reply #577 on: May 15, 2007, 01:34:39 PM

Edit: About 9-9.

It has a refinery, it's on the main pipe to Feyth, and it (currently) has Goon sovereignty.
Bless you for using region names. *hint, hint for everyone*

Re: POS warfare. All the Rev 2.0 changes I have read about on Singularity have not addressed POS spam. I really hope the devs do something about that. A 60 moon system full of POS is ridiculous.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #578 on: May 15, 2007, 02:50:28 PM

I think we broke the server.  embarassed

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #579 on: May 15, 2007, 02:53:21 PM

So I'm reading that the newly unveiled GF dreadswarm got the drop on a BoB cap fleet in 9-9, and that things are looking rather... interesting.  Anyone know which way that's going?  Simond?

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Yoru

Reply #580 on: May 15, 2007, 02:55:41 PM

So I'm reading that the newly unveiled GF dreadswarm got the drop on a BoB cap fleet in 9-9, and that things are looking rather... interesting.  Anyone know which way that's going?  Simond?

Last I heard, node was down, no reinforcements are getting in, and it was 80 swarm/allies vs. 50 BoB capships, but I have no idea what the force mix is.
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #581 on: May 15, 2007, 03:00:54 PM

Clarification: 80 Redswarm capships.
I think lag is winning at the moment, though.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #582 on: May 15, 2007, 03:02:56 PM

lol, if Bob are saved from mass siege-mode annihilation by yet another collapsed node then the CAOD finger-pointing will reach fever-pitch.

Twitter - Endieposts

Yoru

Reply #583 on: May 15, 2007, 03:36:42 PM

lol, if Bob are saved from mass siege-mode annihilation by yet another collapsed node then the CAOD finger-pointing will reach fever-pitch.

Wait, you think there won't be drama and finger-pointing if BoB loses any capships due to lag/nodecrashes?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #584 on: May 15, 2007, 03:46:17 PM

Wait, you think there won't be drama and finger-pointing if BoB loses any capships due to lag/nodecrashes?

True, but at least I'd be enjoying it a lot more.

Edit: sod it, I have no idea wtf is going on.  Seems to have turned nasty, though.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 03:54:13 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Krakrok
Terracotta Army

Reply #585 on: May 15, 2007, 04:57:29 PM

Kills I've counted so far are 10 BOB dreads, 1 BOB carrier, 10 Goon dreads, 2 Goon carriers, 4 AAA dreads, 8 RED dreads, 1 RED carrier. 200 ships killed in the last hour in system with something like 696 killed in the last 24 hours.

Edit: Some of the dread count could be carriers as I don't know all the carrier names.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 05:03:03 PM by Krakrok »
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #586 on: May 15, 2007, 06:45:05 PM

Nidhoggur, Thanatos, Archon and...I forget.  Caldari, so probably some kind of animal.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
ajax34i
Terracotta Army

Reply #587 on: May 15, 2007, 07:30:04 PM

Colibri
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #588 on: May 15, 2007, 11:59:47 PM

According to BoB's killboard - 30 capital kills and 10 capital loses. Maybe there's still updating to be done, bob can be slow on posting loses.

Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #589 on: May 16, 2007, 12:33:40 AM

23 dreads & 5 carriers dead against 14 dead bob dreads.  Tonight should be interesting.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #590 on: May 16, 2007, 12:54:53 AM

*Which is what happened last night - which is why the northern alliances got a 300+ ship fleet together and went around putting POSes into reinforced while MC hid in stations.
Word from the front tonight was that although outnumbered, McFIX and company repulsed all attacks on our POS, then put some of theirs into reinforced.  Carriers == Space Control, and MC and FIX between them can field as many as any 5 other alliances combined (and a lot more than the northerners, who went almost totally for the e-peens).  Not up there myself, I'm grinding isk to make up for the 7B I dropped on capitals and my damned carrier alt has a month to go on jump skills.  Assuming a stalemate, we should take control of the system in 2 days.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #591 on: May 16, 2007, 02:37:40 AM

That's assuming that the persistant rumour floating around about CCP rushing through the capital ship/fighter changes way ahead of the rest of Rev2 isn't true, of course. Which would be a mixed blessing all round, TBH: titan nerf = good, assigned fighter nerf = bad*, carriers being turned into glorifed logistic ships = ugly.

(*fighter-bombs are working fairly well for us at the moment - lol t1 frigateswarm + lots of fighters = fun).

Anyway, lesson learnt from last night: Having your backup and backup-backup support fleets in a neighbouring system to avoid lag & doomdays is a great idea right up to the point where a traffic advisory locks down the gate into the system you really want to be in.

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #592 on: May 16, 2007, 01:21:33 PM

Edit: stuff.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 03:54:27 PM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

Reply #593 on: May 16, 2007, 04:51:42 PM

Oh, the word through the Allied grapevine about the 9-9 battles: "Send more RedSwarm dreadnoughts.  The last ones were delicious."

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
LC
Terracotta Army

Reply #594 on: May 16, 2007, 09:34:58 PM

I was unable to login during the fight. There was nothing left to do but loot when I got in. It felt like I was looting in a L2 mission. One goon had a civilian cargo expander fitted.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: