Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 01:21:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1954624 times)
jape
Terracotta Army

Reply #3920 on: February 08, 2009, 04:31:47 AM

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3921 on: February 08, 2009, 05:24:25 AM

A bit late, but I thought it summed things up.

http://nerfnow.com/

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #3922 on: February 08, 2009, 05:50:04 AM

What are AAA, SE and RO doing atm, apart from popping Goon motherships?
Thrawn
Terracotta Army

Reply #3923 on: February 08, 2009, 06:29:01 AM

Heh, I can't believe it took that long for him to loose that.  I've seen that thing on gates chasing roaming gangs, he wasn't afraid to use it at all.  awesome, for real

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the Universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3924 on: February 08, 2009, 08:25:03 AM

Apparently the baby titan that was killed by GS & friends was Chribba's. He didn't pay for it yet fortunetely.

However we don't know who's titan destruction are the 300 G_C members trying to prevent currently. We know it's cooking something at least.

That baby titan killed would be the one that Chribba is currently flying (alternate version)? Tempted to believe the TAKPAK announcement that the titan came out a few hours before the alliance got disbanded.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3925 on: February 08, 2009, 08:26:05 AM

What are AAA, SE and RO doing atm, apart from popping Goon motherships?

They are still attacking Goons afaik. Only more so.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
tmp
Terracotta Army

POW! Right in the Kisser!

Reply #3926 on: February 08, 2009, 08:41:51 AM

I think you understate the position: we've already effectively given everything away: we've almost at a stroke given away our space, and unlike Bob we don't have huge stockpiles of stuff and years' of resources built up in Delve.  They have sov counters running and the process to sov 3 underway a week before we can at the earliest, and can concentrate on defence while most of our alliance is still busy trying to get stuff out of the space we're leaving behind.

We're starting from behind here, but our morale is better, we've burnt our boats on the beach like xorx says: we're having fun.  I think we'll win this, but it will be long - veeeery long - and bloody.
Since (by the sound of it) GS doesn't really have much to lose atm in terms of sovereignty etc, occured to me could be hillarious if they now disbanded their alliance and claimed it was that ex-Bob director guy that double-crossed them... give it couple days for all the idiots to gloat and laugh in forum threads, then reveal it's really you who did it, for the lulz Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3927 on: February 08, 2009, 09:14:50 AM

The first really huge engagement of the Delve campaign occurred last night, and although lag and dozens of corps and alliances being involved makes it a bit confusing, it went extremely well for the coalition and extremely badly for Kenny.  Most of their numbers seemed to be padded by extremely badly fitted ships from alliances on the list they were going to kick out this weekend, which is fun.

Goon participation has been crippled a bit by the perceived need to get stuff out of our abandoned regions, but numbers are gradually increasing, and hopefully will begin to tell in the US TZ pretty soon.  The people who are going to begin arriving soon are those of us who make up the older, richer pilots who have years' worth of stuff to move.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3928 on: February 08, 2009, 09:34:43 AM

Are the big laggy fights similar to the ones in the south, where you see very few kills in proportion to the amount of people on grid?  I've been trying to keep uptodate using killboards but it's really tough with so many alliances.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3929 on: February 08, 2009, 09:51:19 AM

Are the big laggy fights similar to the ones in the south, where you see very few kills in proportion to the amount of people on grid?  I've been trying to keep uptodate using killboards but it's really tough with so many alliances.

Pretty much.  When super laggy it's hard as fuck to kill someone but relatively easy to get out in stackless IO.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3930 on: February 08, 2009, 10:07:50 AM

I have to disagree with Sparky here: last night's flght seems (again the large number of participants makes it tricky to be absolutely sure) to have seen a very large number of G_C kills, though less of Kenny themselves (better handling of lag, probably, but also less numbers proportionately than they once would have had).  It just took a long time to shake out.

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3931 on: February 08, 2009, 01:40:29 PM

Kenny moon-mining POS in 319 killed.  They showed up in force formed a fleet to defend it in their prime, but that force turned out to be insufficient.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3932 on: February 08, 2009, 01:56:03 PM

Not war related but I'm so happy PL won the alliance tourney!  Each one of our knock out fights was edge of the seat stuff.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3933 on: February 08, 2009, 02:14:57 PM

Congratulations. You got a link to a vid? I generally have no interest in the alliance tourney so I had no idea who was even in the final.

Hic sunt dracones.
Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3934 on: February 08, 2009, 02:21:13 PM

Still only have the qualifiers up AFAIK.  Probably will have the finals posted in a couple of days.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3935 on: February 08, 2009, 02:23:58 PM

Still only have the qualifiers up AFAIK.  Probably will have the finals posted in a couple of days.

Bit of a shame for you to win a tourney set when Eve TV coverage is shredded and everyone is distracted by the end of Bob.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3936 on: February 08, 2009, 02:29:45 PM

Bit of a shame for you to win a tourney set when Eve TV coverage is shredded and everyone is distracted by the end of Bob.

And the non-epeen prizes are complete shit (from priceless unique ships to billions and billions worth of LP to a few game time cards Ohhhhh, I see.).  But a load of the old old school PL guys were super excited and put in a ton of effort so it's great to see it pay off.  If those boring nights testing setups had turned out for naught I'd have been gutted.

My only regret is we didn't get NOL sovereignty in time to put a big ass monument outside the undock!
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3937 on: February 09, 2009, 01:30:39 AM

Hopefully people will understand if I don't go into specifics, but we have anchored dozens (I mean lots of dozens) of towers in Delve between different coalition members in the last two days.  Obviously, Kenny might begin to fight back, but if not then look for some interesting things happening on the sov map in a week or so.

I'll say this, when Kenny launched a series of personal attacks on theAdj last year during the Delve fights, spamming his private mail, phone and cell to harass him, they made a big mistake, because that is one seriously focussed motherfucker on a mission.

Also, I passed through Amarr last night, only to see five or six of Kenny members in local (because they are wardecs, I thought at first they must be Privateeers), spamming unbelievable amounts of faction and officer loot in local.  I guess we're not the only ones moving stuff out of our old space.

In what I think is a real mistake if they really hope to help Kenny (and I don't know if they really do), AAA in particular has been putting huge pressure on people to get out of Feythabolis by taking down services and cutting the JB links.  This is forcing a sense of urgency on some people who traditionally would have taken weeks to get moving.  I have more than two years' of stuff out of Old Syndicate already, with a Rokh the last ship to leave.

Twitter - Endieposts

Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3938 on: February 09, 2009, 04:49:06 AM

Three of our towers saved this morning, and two Kenny towers killed.  I could be wrong, but it looks like we have 51% coverage just about assured in a station system.  Presumably Kenny will go out of their way to reinforce them all again, of course, and there is always the chance of a cock-up on stront, but they don't at the moment have a timezone partner for easier kiting.

Edit: I am nothing but a damned filthy liar, and you should treat the above with suitable disdain.  We didn't save all three of our towers last night, we in fact saved all seven that Kenny reinforced.

Tonight, we have six more coming out of reinforced to defend.  This will be a real test of how serious Kenny are: they need to go all-in and kill those things, some of which aren't horrendously late (1.30am, for instance, and they have a big US arm these days thanks to their recruitment and pets).  They also have two CSAA towers with tians inside coming out in euro prime: they should save those comfortably.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 06:23:33 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #3939 on: February 09, 2009, 06:29:16 AM

Im just wwondering where all the capital ships are.

Are they extinct in Delve?
Predator Irl
Terracotta Army

Reply #3940 on: February 09, 2009, 07:21:10 AM

Im just wwondering where all the capital ships are.

Are they extinct in Delve?

They are probably afraid to use them without their cyno jammers

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one!
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #3941 on: February 09, 2009, 10:30:34 AM

To be fair to Kenny and Barbie, they did fail to prevent stront going into 3 onlining towers despite having 3 times more in system today. Unfortunately it seems you can only put in 5 hours stront in towers that are onlining, so they are coming out in the next couple of hours at horrible timers with absolutely zero advance notice for us, and will probably die. Stay tuned.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 10:37:02 AM by Sir T »

Hic sunt dracones.
WayAbvPar

Reply #3942 on: February 09, 2009, 10:45:53 AM

Kenny moon-mining POS in 319 killed.  They showed up in force formed a fleet to defend it in their prime, but that force turned out to be insufficient.

Been there, done that, got the km  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Pure dumb luck is my only advantage.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3943 on: February 09, 2009, 10:47:58 AM

Better lucky then good.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3944 on: February 09, 2009, 01:27:38 PM

Kenny just snapped.  They tried to kill one of our towers, we saved it in structure, they ran and now they're not even stront timing their towers.

Doubtless they'll unsnap for a while, but this is a first for me, and I'm in a BS I left here in QY6 from last time.

Twitter - Endieposts

Sparky
Terracotta Army

Reply #3945 on: February 09, 2009, 01:33:00 PM

Yeah the night is young but it's looking good so far.  Who is your character btw Endie?
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3946 on: February 09, 2009, 01:40:31 PM

Yeah the night is young but it's looking good so far.  Who is your character btw Endie?

Iam legion, but the one there right now is Raphael Scoria.

Twitter - Endieposts

Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3947 on: February 09, 2009, 03:25:29 PM

Did anyone get a video of the news that was broadcast on RUSSIAN TV about recent events?

Anyway, another webcomic

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Meester
Terracotta Army

Reply #3948 on: February 09, 2009, 04:22:30 PM

Looks like there is movement in Omist.

United Legion versus Atlas Alliance capfleets, Against All Authorties, Red Overlord and Stain Empire, plus their various minions.
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3949 on: February 09, 2009, 05:15:48 PM

Atlas has been staging in ROL's station systems for the last few days.  I was wondering what they were doing there.
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3950 on: February 09, 2009, 10:53:20 PM

Atlas has been staging in ROL's station systems for the last few days.  I was wondering what they were doing there.

how the heck they fielded 70 caps is beyond me
Phildo
Contributor

Reply #3951 on: February 09, 2009, 11:05:46 PM

I'm pretty sure they've been recruiting left and right to replace the corps that left recently.  They're showing 1631 on eve-o or 1100 on eve-maps.com.

Edit: or not, really.  The 2nd and 3rd graphs are pretty depressing.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 11:10:34 PM by Phildo »
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3952 on: February 10, 2009, 01:13:41 AM

It's like Smash vs IRC last year compared to Smash after we fucked them in Geminate: they fielded 110 caps in the fights versus non-scary people and less than 20 when there was a chance of epeen loss.

Again, I have to ask whether AAA really want to help Kenny, or whether they want UNL in Period Basis or somewhere similar?

Twitter - Endieposts

trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3953 on: February 10, 2009, 11:39:39 AM

It's like Smash vs IRC last year compared to Smash after we fucked them in Geminate: they fielded 110 caps in the fights versus non-scary people and less than 20 when there was a chance of epeen loss.

Again, I have to ask whether AAA really want to help Kenny, or whether they want UNL in Period Basis or somewhere similar?

I'm not sure I understand what you meant by wanting UNL in Period Basis? 

0oy got cleared out today, which is the 3rd toughest station to break in the south that I know of (7 moons, jv1v=4, 1v-=5).  Clearing out JO- now, thank god I trained amarr because this is a lot like last year when I was afking shooting at towers.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3954 on: February 10, 2009, 01:10:48 PM

A couple of hours of fights vs Kenny so far in QY6, it has been total slaughter :D

Twitter - Endieposts

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: