Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:18:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 233 Go Down Print
Author Topic: War  (Read 1954599 times)
Simond
Terracotta Army

Reply #3885 on: February 05, 2009, 03:52:28 PM

Butbutbutbutbut... we're not dead!:D

Goons suiciding into Delve is swwetest piece of news I could get. Guys, -1.0 TrueSec, remember! Blood Raider agents! Arknor!:P

"You're really a good person, aren't you? So, there's no path for you to take here. Go home. This isn't a place for someone like you."
xorx
Terracotta Army

Reply #3886 on: February 05, 2009, 03:53:13 PM

Let me start with the obvious game of 'guess the subtitle':

"There are no Goons .... within a hundred AU of Delve"

xorx
Terracotta Army

Reply #3887 on: February 05, 2009, 03:57:36 PM

BTW, only mildly posting propaganda, but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejtoblLRogI
WayAbvPar

Reply #3888 on: February 05, 2009, 04:08:37 PM

Butbutbutbutbut... we're not dead!:D

Goons suiciding into Delve is swwetest piece of news I could get. Guys, -1.0 TrueSec, remember! Blood Raider agents! Arknor!:P

Well played sir.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Moosehands
Terracotta Army

Reply #3889 on: February 05, 2009, 04:14:53 PM

For those who might be reading as a link from the recruitment thread this basically means the best space in the game. Its full of NPC's that are easy to kill and worth a lot of money. It also has the most high end moons of the entire game which are pretty much isk printing machines. Has NPC stations so its hard to conquer and other nice benefits.

There is a KM floating around on battleclinic of an RKK(i think) freighter trying to get out of delve into empire...

With 40 billion isk worth(pre price spike, 64 billion post) of ferrogel in his hold. That is a titan's worth of high end moon goo. About 2300 dollars(pre price spike) of material by GTC conversion.

That KM was likely faked by a ferrogel speculator, and I don't think Delve actually has the highest R64 moon count.

The ratting bit is totally true though.
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3890 on: February 05, 2009, 04:27:54 PM

Yup, fake killmail is fake.

and uhm, we're totally dead. Please come claim your truesec.

On a serious note (why am I posting seriously here?!) - this is the absulutly best thing that could happen to BoB and EVE. The whole 0.0 stagnated into two powerblocks and now the dissolving of BoB brought closure to that conflict. BoB name is gone, is sov wiped from map and delve is up for grabs (uhm, well...after you kick TAFKAB, but let's say it's up for grabs for the sake of argument). Goons got to their end game.

Now the only big question is what will GF do - will they really attempt to destroy the game (by simply creating universal POS nap), or will GF leadership fade into inactiveness with Job done and let the EVe run it's course (same thing as with CA - 6 months of carebear paradise followed by slight fracturing, until some more daring pvp alliances decide to go at it and jump to throat fo their neighboring super-carebears, leading to bunch of small wars everywhere).
xorx
Terracotta Army

Reply #3891 on: February 05, 2009, 04:36:43 PM

On a serious note (why am I posting seriously here?!) - this is the absulutly best thing that could happen to BoB and EVE. The whole 0.0 stagnated into two powerblocks and now the dissolving of BoB brought closure to that conflict. BoB name is gone, is sov wiped from map and delve is up for grabs (uhm, well...after you kick TAFKAB, but let's say it's up for grabs for the sake of argument). Goons got to their end game.

Couldn't agree more actually. And the way it was executed was a stroke of good fortune, and some real high-drama.
The next 8 weeks will be a lot of fun ...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 05:07:36 PM by xorx »
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3892 on: February 05, 2009, 04:42:34 PM

what does takfab mean?

I need to go run the numbers on moons, but afaik it's Fountain>Deklein>Delve (including fake Querious having 2 dyspro)>Esoteria>Querious??? Not sure on the north but Querious is pretty solid, as is Aridia, but nowhere near the value of the other ones. 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 04:44:34 PM by trevorreznik »
slog
Terracotta Army

Reply #3893 on: February 05, 2009, 05:08:55 PM

Now the only big question is what will GF do - will they really attempt to destroy the game (by simply creating universal POS nap), or will GF leadership fade into inactiveness with Job done and let the EVe run it's course (same thing as with CA - 6 months of carebear paradise followed by slight fracturing, until some more daring pvp alliances decide to go at it and jump to throat fo their neighboring super-carebears, leading to bunch of small wars everywhere).

Judging from my Past experience in Shadowbane, I predict that some Bob will quit for good, some will join an ally, and the rest will make a new alliance that will sputter and most likely fail.  Goons will find something else to do, maybe kick a few pubbie allies from Goonswarm.  Eventually, three major alliances will fight for control, and the two weakest will gang up on the strongest.

Friends don't let Friends vote for Boomers
palmer_eldritch
Terracotta Army

Reply #3894 on: February 05, 2009, 05:12:46 PM

The big question is what's going to come out of the total chaos we're going to get for the next few weeks or maybe months. Abandoning your home to go set up in a new home isn't easy, especially when your alliance is made up largely of a bunch of clueless freaks. Whatever Goonswarm is, it's not a group of people pretending to be a space army. And nobody thinks every BoB player has gone away, however hard they've been kicke din the nuts.

On a serious note (why am I posting seriously here?!) - this is the absulutly best thing that could happen to BoB

In answer to your question - surely you're not??
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3895 on: February 05, 2009, 05:48:34 PM

TAFKAB - the alliance formely known as BoB ;)

BoB lost the untouchable allure months after ASCN, after that it just ended ainto two sizeable powerblocsk. And fighting same enemies alll the time, without much chance to wipe other party out, that  was going to be a very long and very bring fight. We were good at doing it, very good, but it still took it toll on us and was slowly eroding us out. This iconic ending the Great War gives us a unique chance to set a new course which might enable us to achieve greatness again, and the living off our former greatness as we did till now.
MahrinSkel
Terracotta Army

When she crossed over, she was just a ship. But when she came back... she was bullshit!

Reply #3896 on: February 05, 2009, 10:28:31 PM

I have to agree, it's better this way.  If it had ended through the normal course, either BoB or their opponents slowly bleeding away until there was nothing left to fight over and nobody who cared enough to try, it would have seemed anti-climactic.

BoB is dead.  The next few weeks are going to be a wild scramble to fill that vacuum.  That's much better than carving up a beaten corpse.  The Great War, by far the largest and most incredible piece of drama online games have ever produced, has a nice neat bookend of an ending to match the Devastation of ISS.  Whatever follows, it will not be a continuation of the story arc we've been on since Prohibition II, 2 years ago.

Two freaking years....  And people wonder why I say that good UGC isn't a matter of handing players half-assed world-building tools and telling them to write quests.

--Dave

--Signature Unclear
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #3897 on: February 06, 2009, 01:36:28 AM

Two freaking years....  And people wonder why I say that good UGC isn't a matter of handing players half-assed world-building tools and telling them to write quests.

Exactly, this or reading about someone sent to collect 10 wolf pelts?

From the eve online thread linked.

I am actually laughing quite hard at the fact a goon decided not to scam a random 4 mill sp character and ended up raping BoB.

Only in eve wud this kind of thing happen
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3898 on: February 06, 2009, 02:17:06 AM

Control your shock, but I agree with Joe, and my post a page or two back said pretty much what he has: a lot of people had so much tied up in being Bob that they'd ceased to have fun.  Some will leave the game, but others will get to leave behind all the retards who joined from failed pets like Hun, Aftermath, Finfleet, DR and the rest, and play at being non-tower-fuelling Eve players, whether it be as pirates, mercenaries, gankers or whatever else they fancy doing with their titans and massive piles of cash.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
JoeTF
Terracotta Army

Reply #3899 on: February 06, 2009, 04:31:53 AM

Huge news!

Molle just opened entire BoB directors forum for general viewing. Mittani couldn't get himself to do it, but our fearless leader did.

You can see into whole history of four years of BoB, via director and CEO level.

Enjoy, that's a lot of reading.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #3900 on: February 06, 2009, 04:38:05 AM

You need to bold the funny bits, I'm not reading all that. 

Mittani said he archived the director forums of TAFKAB and intended to publish them, am I to understand that the leadership of TAFKAB thought that was such a good idea that they would publish them first?
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #3901 on: February 06, 2009, 04:45:41 AM

Huge news!

Molle just opened entire BoB directors forum for general viewing. Mittani couldn't get himself to do it, but our fearless leader did.

You can see into whole history of four years of BoB, via director and CEO level.

It helps to have the links: The BoB Director forums archive, and the EveO thread.
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3902 on: February 06, 2009, 04:55:02 AM

Huge news!

Erm, that's not true now, is it?  The BoB forums were being checked for stuff that was useful, but we've been getting a constant stream of juicy stuff from them, and a lot of it isn't going to help in getting people like Atlas or Exe ("spy-infested festering pile of shit") to help more!

Anyway, I'll start another thread for people to quote stuff...

Edit: The Mittanni fooled me too  awesome, for real
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 05:44:17 AM by Endie »

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3903 on: February 06, 2009, 05:08:09 AM

It's the smart thing to do if you know the entire thing will be publicized anyway, its minimal damage control but at least you can provide a context where else choice quotes could be handpicked to inflict the most PR damage.

This rather boring stalemate of a war sure got interesting fast.
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #3904 on: February 06, 2009, 05:11:38 AM

Endie has a new topic for posting fun and interesting selections from the BoB director forum archives.
lac
Terracotta Army

Reply #3905 on: February 06, 2009, 05:37:55 AM

Dice isn't in KenZoku (the new BoB) anymore?

All former BoB systems (minus the DICE ones) are back to sov 1 after last downtime. The countdown to sov 4 has started, this should make for some fun strategic action.
Arthur_Parker
Terracotta Army

Internet Detective

Reply #3906 on: February 06, 2009, 10:23:14 AM

From kugutsumen so not linking it.

Quote from: DoB: <Molle> i see plenty of fights ahead
* Around 0100evt last night Haargoth Agamar using his director alt in the HAT holding corporation stole 8bil ISK and disbanded the alliance.

RESULT: All alliance funds are stored in personal accounts of the CEOs, hence the amount of stolen isk is small. All titan and MS BPOs are always in full lockdown so none was lost. All BOB prize ships are stored in secure account, none were lost. Some jump fuel and POS's were stolen, but the worth of these are under couple billion isk.

* Around 0115evt BNC corp hangars and wallet were robbed. This resulted in the loss of about 20-25 dreads they had for backup + under 10 billion in ISK. All ships and majority of BNC warstock are in BNC.E, those were not affected. Mass isk storage of BNC was not affected.

RESULT: BNC will cope with this easily.

* Leadership forums have been copied. And they are claiming they will be published shortly by kugutsumen.

REASON: The player of Haargoth played clever tricks to get past the voice verification to acquire the secret password to get into leadership forum. Hence, Barra de los Jefes was copied.

RESULT: You get to review all leadership actions throughout the history of BOB. Enjoy, there is some really cool old shit there. We have nothing to be ashamed of.

OUTCOME: Well, atleast the speculation that our intelligence is crap will end, becouse alot of our spies will get burned due those logs in that forum. But, our spies are persistent and will get their positions back.

What happens next - What should I do?

* Delve War 2 will begin. What is important to understand now is that this is a game and we have been just given the biggest opportunity ever to have so many fights per day its not even funny. Excitement on the FC ranks is insane, because this will be the biggest source of PVP we have seen since Delve war 1.

* We lost all SOV in Delve. Alliance will regroup in H-ADOC today starting at 1730 (CAPITAL REGROUP)- 19.30 and 21.30 (CAPITAL REGROUP) - USTZ Regroup 0130 by Seijen. (US CAPITALS WILL MOVE AT THE WEEKEND!) Fleet will move together back to Delve to set up defences and protect it. Do not attempt to leeroy yourself into Delve alone, we will move together in an organized fashion.

* Warstocks in Delve have not been compromised and all of directorate are busy activating all resources and such to move enough gear into Delve to give any motherfucker trying to get our shit a run for their money. Delve war part 2 is about to begin.

* Important is to understand that before logging in you check in TS that its safe to log in. If you have logged out on an pos that is not owned by your corporation you will bounce to fuck. All corporations in BOB are relocating into Kenzoku to re-enable SOV claiming and allow us to use each others POS's. If you are a capital or supercapital pilot logged off in a POS not owned by your corporation - take extra precoution to ensure you have protection and password when you log in. If you are really fast and know the pos password before logging in, you have about 5-10 seconds to insert that password to get into the shields if system is not laggy directly from warp.

After you have safely logged in - join channel "homebob" without the " marks for alliance chat and x'ing up.

* If you are a POS manager of your corporation, make sure all your alts are in space in station systems of your corporation and you have all POS's bookmarked so you can strontium time easily. This goes to every corporation and thier pos managers, ensure that you are in space, ready to do timing in all core systems of your corporation.

* If you are a regular member, you can help the Delve defence by hauling gear closer to delve in empire. Spare ships, hacs, whatever you think you need, until alliance logistics have been re-routed. Do not attempt any leeroys from curse, all assests will be moved from curse to delve in a co-ordinated matter.

SPECULATION - SPECULATION

* Did Haargoth sell us out or was he hacked?

Was this account hack or not - we do not know. Everything points currently to a massive identity theft. Haargoth, acquired forum passwords by paging on MSN one senior BNC director to redo his BOB forums password. Haargoth re-acquired the Barra los Jefes password by claiming broken mic and doing a TS login with TSA to fool senior BNC.E to give Barra password without full voice inspection.

Haargoth is currently doing bootcamp for military - so hes very hard to get hold off. When we actually can talk with Haargoth, we will tell you which one this was.

Do not expect CCP to fix this - becouse in the end, if its full identity theft it will take weeks to figure out who actually is who, since Haargoth's email account that CCP uses for contacting owner is compromised.

* Why did they do it now? Why not wait?

REASON: We argue and yell alot behind closed doors - which is fun and keeps us motivated. Last night after long hour of arguing we agreed to tighten up the leadership group and do other rights based actions inside BOB, which is pretty normal BOB alliance leadership action from time to time. Haargoth was listening to this conversation and pieces off it has been put into various 3rd party sites. We assume that this scared Haargoth - becouse he would have been one of those people cut off from access. So they had a premature ejaculation and janked the alliance down before we could thighten our leadership group.

RESULT: They did not have gear in position and had to do this very fast.

* Who is coming to delve to fight us?

CURRENT INTEL: Goons, PL, SOT, KIA (lol) are confirmed. Rumored Razor and some other parts of NC.

ARRANGEMENTS: Naturally we are talking with our allies how to get some of these fucks to worry about their own space for a while.

* What is the outcome of this war?

SPECULATION: We will naturally look at this as Delve War 2 - pretty similar actions have been taken as were during Delve War 1. Its going to be harder as there is no bridges or jammers, but this will ensure even more combat in lagless enviroment thanks to the new system reinforcement technology provided by CCP. So, current outlook in alliance leadership is:

Quote:
13:44 <Molle> i see plenty of fights ahead
13:44 <Molle> love it
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #3907 on: February 06, 2009, 02:23:15 PM

Apparently the baby titan that was killed by GS & friends was Chribba's. He didn't pay for it yet fortunetely.

However we don't know who's titan destruction are the 300 G_C members trying to prevent currently. We know it's cooking something at least.
Pezzle
Terracotta Army

Reply #3908 on: February 06, 2009, 02:29:23 PM

Someone needs to remind Chribba that no new cap ships are allowed in high sec.  No Veldtar for you!
setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3909 on: February 06, 2009, 02:40:36 PM

Apparently the baby titan that was killed by GS & friends was Chribba's. He didn't pay for it yet fortunetely.

However we don't know who's titan destruction are the 300 G_C members trying to prevent currently. We know it's cooking something at least.

My understanding is that both cap yards have been saved. As they are now sitting in Sov1 system it likely won't be the last shot at them, but still, opportunity missed here. Which reinforces the rumor that BOB was about to reduce the number of directors, forcing Harg/Mittani to act in a bit of a hurry before more resources had been shifted towards Delve.

The only thing I'll say for future quotes: Goonswarm now has everything to lose and relatively little to win. If TAFKAB disappears they can claim going down without being defeated in-game. If GS/NC do not manage to capitalize on this we'll be back to the same situation we had about a year ago after the initial Delve assault failed. Not sure which outcome would be better for the game, mind you.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
xorx
Terracotta Army

Reply #3910 on: February 06, 2009, 03:00:19 PM

If TAFKAB disappears they can claim going down without being defeated in-gam

You know, ultimately, I think I don't care either way ...  I've had more fun in the past two days than I've had in weeks (and I've been having fun).
If this invasion fails, then .. err ... it's just an excuse for another one; and in the meantime, there's 4 weeks of fun to be had.

http://killboard.goonfleet.com/km/294678

Apparently Chribba's not too sad about the whole thing .. he never paid :)
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #3911 on: February 06, 2009, 03:20:34 PM

The only thing I'll say for future quotes: Goonswarm now has everything to lose and relatively little to win. If TAFKAB disappears they can claim going down without being defeated in-game. If GS/NC do not manage to capitalize on this we'll be back to the same situation we had about a year ago after the initial Delve assault failed. Not sure which outcome would be better for the game, mind you.

I think you understate the position: we've already effectively given everything away: we've almost at a stroke given away our space, and unlike Bob we don't have huge stockpiles of stuff and years' of resources built up in Delve.  They have sov counters running and the process to sov 3 underway a week before we can at the earliest, and can concentrate on defence while most of our alliance is still busy trying to get stuff out of the space we're leaving behind.

We're starting from behind here, but our morale is better, we've burnt our boats on the beach like xorx says: we're having fun.  I think we'll win this, but it will be long - veeeery long - and bloody.

Twitter - Endieposts

setar
Terracotta Army

Reply #3912 on: February 06, 2009, 03:23:06 PM

Understated the position on purpose as not to be perceived as trying to demoralize anyone ;-) Bold decision to move into Delve, but given the situation the only option. Logistics from AZN to NOL wouldn't really work.

EVE - Yalson [BDCI] [-A-]
trevorreznik
Terracotta Army

Reply #3913 on: February 06, 2009, 03:36:30 PM

I think you understate the position: we've already effectively given everything away: we've almost at a stroke given away our space, and unlike Bob we don't have huge stockpiles of stuff and years' of resources built up in Delve.  They have sov counters running and the process to sov 3 underway a week before we can at the earliest, and can concentrate on defence while most of our alliance is still busy trying to get stuff out of the space we're leaving behind.

We're starting from behind here, but our morale is better, we've burnt our boats on the beach like xorx says: we're having fun.  I think we'll win this, but it will be long - veeeery long - and bloody.

You don't want it to go long, you need this over as short as possible.  Pull KIA/NC out of whatever idiotic stuff they're doing and gangbang Delve as hard as you possibly can.  If Delve goes the other regions will fall, if the other regions fall Delve is unaffected (I guess exe gets hurt but w/e).   You've already wasted several days of pos ops by shooting the HED bridges (FC didn't take initiative and hit delve like he should've) and stations (apparently people didn't realize bob would regain sov the next day), let alone the morale boost BoB got today from a successful defense op.  Don't dick around and just outblob BoB every single fight like you should be able to with PL+NC+KIA+TCF+etcetc's help.  This is an all or nothing gamble right now.  If bob gets jammers back up it's over, we saw what happened last time.

Then again I've wanted goons to live in NPC space for a very long time and this is a good way to do it-if in a month it's all gone to hell, you can move into curse or fountain or venal :)
edit-and KIA just lost some caps in period basis, this is just what I mean-don't do the 'let's attack bob everywhere' plan, it's a waste of time.  Spam the shit out of every delve station system and just blob the shit outta wherever you need to blob so BoB can't pick smallish fleets off.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 03:42:12 PM by trevorreznik »
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #3914 on: February 06, 2009, 04:18:11 PM

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3915 on: February 06, 2009, 04:51:13 PM

The biggest danger of 'failure' for the Goons is simple boredom. They could be killing every POS and taking every station in existence, but if the experience lacks the 'lulz' they'll end up wandering off to flood space toilets or something silly.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #3916 on: February 06, 2009, 09:30:32 PM

Haargoth wasn't that guy singing Barbie Girl, was he?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Pax
Terracotta Army

Reply #3917 on: February 07, 2009, 04:26:28 AM

I don't quite understand why people keep claiming that vacuums will need to be filled and the entire game is going to be out of balance if BarbieKen doesn't get to keep Delve.
They've reformed, they can move to Angel space for all I care - how does this influence the political situation in game? Even if they emoragequit it would just be an opportunity for someone else to become the new arch enemy. Accepting ALL Anime for instance.

Mia san de Borg. Aichan Widastaund keannt's aich ind' Hoar schmian.
Gets
Terracotta Army

Reply #3918 on: February 07, 2009, 06:30:38 PM

Many hours of fighting in J-LPX7 on an unreinforced node.

It's easier to ask which alliance wasn't there, I bet. KenZoku had all their Tamagotchis with them, it seems, but it didn't land them a victory. I suspect the NC/TCF had an advantage and knew how to deal with the lag better, but everyone experienced massive desyncing as the fight went on. People were taking and sending screenshots to their FCs so they'd know what was going on on the field. GS didn't seem to have the numbers present at first and were keeping the way clear for their allies, but not long were they also told to rally and jump in to help their allies finish blowing up targets left after one of the biggest battles since the disbanding of BoB. There were more than a thousand people in Local and the fight is still on as towers are coming out of reinforced and I still can't get the channels to open as I log into system. A friend of mine said that it looked like someone had vomited  awesome, for real

Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #3919 on: February 07, 2009, 10:32:31 PM

Many hours of fighting in J-LPX7 on an unreinforced node.

It's easier to ask which alliance wasn't there, I bet. KenZoku had all their Tamagotchis with them, it seems, but it didn't land them a victory. I suspect the NC/TCF had an advantage and knew how to deal with the lag better, but everyone experienced massive desyncing as the fight went on. People were taking and sending screenshots to their FCs so they'd know what was going on on the field. GS didn't seem to have the numbers present at first and were keeping the way clear for their allies, but not long were they also told to rally and jump in to help their allies finish blowing up targets left after one of the biggest battles since the disbanding of BoB. There were more than a thousand people in Local and the fight is still on as towers are coming out of reinforced and I still can't get the channels to open as I log into system. A friend of mine said that it looked like someone had vomited  awesome, for real

That is God Damn hilarious. Reminds me of the time when they began calling primaries on the forums.

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 233 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  MMOG Discussion  |  Eve Online  |  Topic: War  
Jump to: