Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:07:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: Bat Country: PLANETSIDE (Emerald, Vanu faction) ROLL CALL! 2/17/2007 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bat Country: PLANETSIDE (Emerald, Vanu faction) ROLL CALL! 2/17/2007  (Read 92495 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #70 on: February 07, 2007, 09:58:53 AM

What kind of connection are you using? After I found a CRC error on my 2nd original install disc, I just downloaded the patcher. Took about an hour and fifteen minutes, I just watched Surface and read a little and it was done. I can pull about 6Mbps on my cable modem, though (on a good day with the wind at my back).

Cable modem, 300up/ 600down.  The patcher isn't lying because even after I had to wipe the computer and re-ghost last night (don't ask) it was still telling me 8:15:22 this morning.  The wife's at home with the kids and I asked her to keep an eye on it.. sure enough it's now at 4h remaining.

I'd suspect network issues on my end, but everything else I've downloded has been its usual quickness.  I'm wondering if it might have something to do with using the Reserves patcher.  I didn't re-up my sub quite yet so I'm marked as a mooching loony rather than a paying customer.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: February 07, 2007, 10:01:39 AM

Is there a port I need to forward or something? Mine started showing 14 hours and now, after leaving it up overnight and all morning, it's at 76 hours.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: February 07, 2007, 10:04:39 AM

Maybe the timer is messed? Mine patched in 1 hour, 30 minutes and it seemed to count it correctly.
I hope so, because now I am sitting at 12 hours 30 minutes ...

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #73 on: February 07, 2007, 10:05:00 AM

I am a moocher also, but it only took me a little over an hour.

"Me am play gods"
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #74 on: February 07, 2007, 10:08:20 AM

I am a moocher also, but it only took me a little over an hour.

Ditto.  I would say flush your ARP cache, but you said you reloaded.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: February 07, 2007, 10:34:02 AM

Hm. Restarted the download, now my DSL monitor tells me the launchpad is downloading with 1500 kbit/s.  Rock on!

I usually download at much higher speeds, but that is much better than the 300 kbit/s I was getting before :-D

bhodi

No lie.

Reply #76 on: February 07, 2007, 10:46:59 AM

I think it's on their side, my bandwidth stands at about 3mb/sec down, and I wasn't getting anywhere near that.
Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #77 on: February 07, 2007, 01:55:43 PM

PArts of the core internet got mail bombed yesterday, might be part of the issue.

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
Chorulle
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: February 07, 2007, 04:31:52 PM

I think I still have an Vanu character on Emerald, BR 10 or something.  I know he was certed for a BFR when I last left.  Name was Aradian or Naidara I believe.  Guess I'll download the client and start patching tonight

"Saying that nobody needs more then web apps is like saying noone needs a fridge because we can all drive to T.G.I. goddamn Friday's for chicken wings"

- Walt Mosspuppet (Mike Arrington is wrong: Chrome OS won't matter)
Etro
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: February 07, 2007, 05:13:29 PM

ign: EtroZeLurker

have a br18 nc on werner on one of my station accounts so im skilled in the art of loosing badly.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #80 on: February 07, 2007, 09:42:48 PM

have a br18 nc on werner on one of my station accounts so im skilled in the art of loosing badly.

What?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: February 07, 2007, 09:46:40 PM

Rollcall: Ailuridae - Vanu, Emerald

I still need to do the VR room and a tutorial or two, but she's made and ready to be made a part of the outfit.  If the roomie is around I'll likely be playing NC.  We'll see how this shakes out.

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
Evangolis
Contributor

Reply #82 on: February 07, 2007, 11:42:16 PM

My second char is Sklar, MAX/Armor driver.  I'm going to make Evangolis a support char with stealth, advanced hacking, and basic engineering.

"It was a difficult party" - an unexpected word combination from ex-Merry Prankster and author Robert Stone.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #83 on: February 08, 2007, 04:21:26 AM

Made Merusk last night.  R4 focusing on heavy weapons.  Since my station account has me listed as a 2-year vet I also get to use the vet reward sniper rifle w/o a cert.  Buahahah.

Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: February 08, 2007, 07:27:08 AM

Ok, I am in. DerHelm. Emerald Server, Vanu.

And now for a little bit of target practice ...

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #85 on: February 08, 2007, 07:33:34 AM

We don't have an outfit yet.  We need ten people in a squad first.  Most we have had is 6.
When you are ready venture out, log into vent or say something in IRC so we can add you to the squad.

"Me am play gods"
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #86 on: February 08, 2007, 11:15:42 AM

Didn't I see you piloting Lib yesterday on Emerald/Vanu?

"Me am play gods"
Jimbo
Terracotta Army

still drives a stick shift

Reply #87 on: February 08, 2007, 02:16:16 PM

JimboF13 or something like that, just finished with the VR and at BR4.  I'm a tank driver, wow I get to actually shoot while driving the barney boat.
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #88 on: February 08, 2007, 03:34:41 PM

Crap, don't change games until I get a chance to play. Won't have any time tonight either, but tomorrow should work.

I guess just show up on F13 TS and see if there's a PS channel?
Chorulle
Terracotta Army

Reply #89 on: February 08, 2007, 03:57:33 PM

All patched up and ingame.  Character's name is Naidara, BR 13

"Saying that nobody needs more then web apps is like saying noone needs a fridge because we can all drive to T.G.I. goddamn Friday's for chicken wings"

- Walt Mosspuppet (Mike Arrington is wrong: Chrome OS won't matter)
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #90 on: February 08, 2007, 06:12:22 PM

Crap, don't change games until I get a chance to play. Won't have any time tonight either, but tomorrow should work.

I guess just show up on F13 TS and see if there's a PS channel?

We're using the Vent server instead. See here.

- Viin
Etro
Terracotta Army

Reply #91 on: February 08, 2007, 08:17:32 PM

Didn't I see you piloting Lib yesterday on Emerald/Vanu?

Aye, I did wave but Calandryll was the only one who responded  rolleyes If you didn't notice i was also taking fire for you in my mossie at times while you were on your bombing runs  wink
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #92 on: February 09, 2007, 09:14:40 AM

What times are the peak here?  I'm working at -5gmt (est) but I figure most of you are MTN/ PST (-7/-8 gmt)  If you're all getting on at 8pm local then no wonder I  haven't seen hide nor hair of anyone.

I popped in for about 10 mins while doing the taxes last night and Nebu/ Tazel were the only ones on my friends list. 

- p.s.  - to set-up the friends list hit "p" then go to the appropriate tab.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #93 on: February 09, 2007, 09:30:28 AM

I'm eastern time. I can usually get online a couple evenings a week, but early for the left coasters, like 5:30pm-8:30pm (eastern). Next week it will be tuesday night. Some nights if I'm not too tired I can get on around 10:30 or 11pm for an hour or so. Weekends are up in the air, maybe next saturday for a while (I mentioned elsewhere I'm skiing tomorrow). Sundays are usually shot, unless my buddy gets his hours changed now that football is over.

As I said in another post about playtimes, there are valid reasons why I like to solo in mmo. I'm just not reliable for playtimes because I don't have a lot of free time available, and rl always comes first.

I was going to jump on last night around 10:30, but I was beat and just went to bed. I've played a total of 55 minutes thus far.
Tragny
Terracotta Army

Reply #94 on: February 09, 2007, 01:18:21 PM

Just about to hit the BR 6 cap with Tragny. Did a little ANTing today thanks to Blixey's advice from last night. Fun at times, but as was posted by someone else earlier, I'm not entirely sold on the game. Worth the price of admission so far, though.

"Masturbation is a more rewarding pursuit." -- Evangolis
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: February 09, 2007, 10:52:22 PM

Cadwin
Couldn't seem to do anything as there seems to be a connection problem between me and planetside
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #96 on: February 10, 2007, 12:50:32 AM

You might want to try talking to either their CS or someone in IRC. I remember having to do some port forwarding for my router back in beta. No idea if you're having the same problem.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #97 on: February 10, 2007, 08:08:10 AM

My account still has my old friends list. I forget everyone on it, but it was folks like Darniaq, Geldon, CHICAGORANGER, Chorulle. What ever happened to Chico, is he still around somewhere?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #98 on: February 10, 2007, 07:18:53 PM

Somehow my account says Trial Active, and its letting me play...hollllllla :)

Slayerik

Harbodus

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: February 10, 2007, 08:26:39 PM

I'm on finally. I'm walking around in circles and this school bus with wings lands in front of me full of names I recognize from here and a few random dipshits.

Nijasan in game, but i really suck so maybe put me on your friends list to know which areas to avoid.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: February 11, 2007, 07:22:29 AM

Hmm... I tried updating an old install in it keep saying download canceled... As soon as I figure out what the deuce is I'll log in. Name will be f13Twat if it's allowed.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #101 on: February 11, 2007, 07:45:48 AM

You're gonna have to delete the install and re-install it. I was having the same problem and the only thing that fixed it was a clean install. The tech support forums were utterly useless in that regard.

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #102 on: February 11, 2007, 08:17:11 AM

Ah, I fixed it... Looked at the patch log and deleted the file it kept dying at. Didn't like the word twat so the name is Fatuous13.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Slayerik
Terracotta Army

Victim: Sirius Maximus

Reply #103 on: February 11, 2007, 08:49:30 AM

Ah, I fixed it... Looked at the patch log and deleted the file it kept dying at. Didn't like the word twat so the name is Fatuous13.

Big shocker there ;)

"I have more qualifications than Jesus and earn more than this whole board put together.  My ego is huge and my modesty non-existant." -Ironwood
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #104 on: February 11, 2007, 09:17:12 AM

Lol, I figured I might as well try.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  PlanetSide  |  Topic: Bat Country: PLANETSIDE (Emerald, Vanu faction) ROLL CALL! 2/17/2007  
Jump to: