Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:16:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: XBL Gamertags & Games 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: XBL Gamertags & Games  (Read 46777 times)
WayAbvPar

Reply #35 on: October 08, 2007, 10:35:27 AM

My Elite finally arrived today, so I should be up and running this evening.

2 guesses at my XBL name, and the first doesn't count.

I only have GH II for now, but I am sure I will be picking up more titles soon.

Edit- Have since added Fight Night Round 3 and Forza 2 to my vast stable of games.

Update on games list-

GHII
FN3
Forza 2
NCAA 08
Madden 08
NHL 08

Consoles pwn for sports titles.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #36 on: October 08, 2007, 01:14:01 PM

What's up with no Dead Rising?  It's a Platinum title now.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
WayAbvPar

Reply #37 on: October 08, 2007, 01:30:39 PM

I have always assumed it involves zombies and thumb aiming, neither of which I enjoy.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #38 on: October 08, 2007, 01:45:49 PM

I have always assumed it involves zombies and thumb aiming, neither of which I enjoy.

Haven't we dispelled this for you at least 10 times? You don't aim much during the game at all.  Hell, the shotgun is almost more effective when fired without aiming. The action is more of a melee beatem up meets MacGuyver.  You melee bash with just about anything you can find. Aiming is like for boss fights and that can be avoided if you just load up on shotguns. 

Ohh wait, you don't like zombies? What the fuck is wrong with you? It's got insane survivors being homicidally insane in the middle of a zombie mallpocalypse if that's more your speed. 

Edit: if it helps, I let a sports only, Madddenite gamer borrow this.  He loves it.  He'll never beat it because he just gets too busy killing zombies to bother with the boss fights or rescuing survivors.  He's rather just fire up the lawn mower and get to mulching some zombies.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 01:50:02 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #39 on: October 08, 2007, 01:52:25 PM

I don't know if I can be friends with someone that doesn't giggle when he pushes a professional lawnmower over a herd of zombies.  Or slices them in half with a katana.  Or stabs a shower head into their skull and watches them rain blood everywhere.  Or the excavator!  Excavator!

Maybe I need help, but there's not much thumb-aiming.  It pretty much aims for you.  Besides, it's half price.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #40 on: October 08, 2007, 01:55:28 PM

Wait wait wait.. there's an excavator in the game? How the hell did I miss this?

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #41 on: October 08, 2007, 02:01:29 PM

Wait wait wait.. there's an excavator in the game? How the hell did I miss this?

Heh. Josh and I didn't. I assume we're talking about the giant drill for making holes? Oh man, you can lodge zombies on the end and use it like a zombie weed whacker. It is hot hot hot.

If we're talking about some sort of backhoe, I have no clue what he's talking about.
WayAbvPar

Reply #42 on: October 08, 2007, 04:23:56 PM

Haven't we dispelled this for you at least 10 times?

Probably. I get all the FPS type games that I ignore mixed up regularly.

As for the zombie thing, it is just so overly done (and WAY overly worshiped in the nerdling community) that I am just sick of it. How many games have the player shooting zombies over the past 20 years? A couple of dozen? Probably why I petered out on Bioshock so quickly too. I like my violence and mayhem the old fashioned way- on high res models of humans, like god intended.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #43 on: October 09, 2007, 07:37:37 AM

Yeah sure, but zombies are a metaphor for various minorities.  They smell bad, eat disgusting foods and have incomprehensible speech, so shoot them before they get the right to vote.

I suppose the excavator is actually an auger, but in either case schild has it.  Using a zombie to kill other zombies until all of his or her limbs have been knocked off has definitely not been done to death.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 09, 2007, 08:15:33 AM

Update on games list-

NHL 08

I smell a Canucks/Flames rematch. We should schedule in a game and try to make it occur slightly quickly then our attempt at a NFL2K5 league. I think it took us about 6 weeks to get our football game in.

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: October 10, 2007, 04:02:39 PM

Current games:
XBLA. 
More XBLA.
Even more XBLA.

What?  They make DISK GAMES FOR THIS THING?

I guess I do have some of these things... awfully dusty...
Phantasy Star Universe
Forza 2
Condemned
Farcry Sucktacular
Rumble Roses XX
Oblivion
Chromehounds
Dead Rising
Lego Star Wars 2
Dead Rising
Burger King Trilogy
Whichever Xbox BC games work.

Currently playing: Pac Man CE and Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 03:33:00 PM by Jain Zar »
BigNastyCurve
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 18, 2007, 03:43:17 PM

XBL Gamertag: TarheelDad

Games: NBA 2K8, Tiger Woods 2K8, Halo 3, PGR4, Orange Box...you name it, I think I own it.  No DoA Volleyball for me, though.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #47 on: November 09, 2007, 09:25:45 PM

Tag: F13 Strazos

Ace Combat 6
NHL 08
Forza
Ultimate Alliance
(temp) Gears of War

I can sign out anything if someone wants to play something specific at some point.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
WayAbvPar

Reply #48 on: November 12, 2007, 09:27:36 AM

How is Ace Combat 6? I have been tempted to get that and/or the WWII era flying game.  Heart dogfighting.

Driakos
Terracotta Army

Reply #49 on: November 12, 2007, 07:21:38 PM

How is Ace Combat 6? I have been tempted to get that and/or the WWII era flying game.  Heart dogfighting.

It has a lot of Engrish.  Not like spelling mistakes, but the dialog is well... terrible.  The dogfighting needs to be a little more furious.  I think it is decent for the series.

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: November 12, 2007, 08:28:52 PM

It has a lot of Engrish.  Not like spelling mistakes, but the dialog is well... terrible.  The dogfighting needs to be a little more furious.  I think it is decent for the series.

Is it Wing Commander 1st person styled, or lame 3rd person action game style?
Man, I miss Microprose action sims..  embarassed
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #51 on: November 13, 2007, 10:58:22 AM

Is it Wing Commander 1st person styled, or lame 3rd person action game style?
Man, I miss Microprose action sims..  embarassed

Yep.. I miss Sid Meier's "F19" flight sim, from before we knew what the F117 was called.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
WayAbvPar

Reply #52 on: November 13, 2007, 02:18:00 PM

The one I miss the most is Battle of Britain: Their Finest Hour. Not a super hardcore sim, but holy fuck it was addictive. I played the hell out of that thing.

Strazos

Reply #53 on: November 13, 2007, 08:12:21 PM

Personally, I like AC6, but I haven't played flight games in quite a few years.

Also, open multiplayer on Live is quite obscene. I'd be more than willing to do some co-op as well.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
Endie
Terracotta Army

Reply #54 on: November 14, 2007, 02:55:20 AM

The one I miss the most is Battle of Britain: Their Finest Hour. Not a super hardcore sim, but holy fuck it was addictive. I played the hell out of that thing.

If you mean of flight sims in general then I agree.  Though I think it was Lucasarts, not Microprose.

My blog: http://endie.net

Twitter - Endieposts

"What else would one expect of Scottish sociopaths sipping their single malt Glenlivit [sic]?" Jack Thompson
WayAbvPar

Reply #55 on: November 14, 2007, 09:15:46 AM

Yeah, flight sims in general. It was definitely a LucasArts title.

lesion

Reply #56 on: November 17, 2007, 08:24:06 PM

Rock Mankirck

Halo 3
Culdcept Saga
MUA
Forza 2
GTA IV

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 11:24:51 AM by lesion »

steam|a grue \[T]/
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: November 18, 2007, 09:43:55 PM

Nearly all my gaming is on the 360 now that I got one for my birthday. Did I mention my wife rocks?
tag: SpilledMyBeer

Not a big library since I haven't had it too long but here's what I've got:

Forza 2
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Guitar Hero III
Call of Duty 4
WayAbvPar

Reply #58 on: November 19, 2007, 10:49:18 AM

Nearly all my gaming is on the 360 now that I got one for my birthday. Did I mention my wife rocks?
tag: SpilledMyBeer

Not a big library since I haven't had it too long but here's what I've got:

Forza 2
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Guitar Hero III
Call of Duty 4

Isn't it great to have a wife who understands and underwrites your gaming?  In love

Strazos

Reply #59 on: November 19, 2007, 07:10:40 PM

Shouldn't you also have MUA? It comes with new 360s...

Fear the Backstab!
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: November 20, 2007, 06:59:20 AM

No, I actually got it just before that got added to the bundle, so just Forza 2 for me.  No big deal, the price on it was really good: $320CDN vs. the regular $399.  Money I save off that lets me get a 2nd wireless controller.

BTW Canadians, check out Superstore if there's one in your area if you're in the market for a console.  Yes, I mean the grocery store.

I suck at pretty well most games online, but I'm having a blast doing team deathmatch on CoD4.

Isn't it great to have a wife who understands and underwrites your gaming?  In love

Hell yeah.  She said something about not having headaches; but I don't know what that means.  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 11:42:10 PM by Special J »
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #61 on: November 27, 2007, 02:11:08 AM

tag:
azazel f13

Lots of games. Almost no sport games except for a couple of FIFAs. The big list looked a bit wankerish.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 02:46:09 PM by Azazel »

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #62 on: November 27, 2007, 02:25:32 AM

Dear Lord, you bought all of those in one run?
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #63 on: November 27, 2007, 03:24:23 AM

Not exactly, I got GH3 a couple of weeks ago when it was on mega sale. I then went out Friday, Saturday and Sunday this past weekend and bought a few each time. And the box on Sunday (I was prepared to wait longer for the box - though 2 of those are packins).

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: December 06, 2007, 12:14:20 AM

So, got my wireless finally.

Tag: Enkebesh

Games:
Assassins Creed
Bomberman
Catan
Cloning Clyde
Dead Rising
Eternal Sonata
GTA4
Guitar Hero 2
Lumines Live
Mass Effect
Speedball 2
Worms

« Last Edit: May 02, 2008, 02:21:18 AM by Tebonas »
Wolf
Terracotta Army

Reply #65 on: December 14, 2007, 08:31:50 AM

Not exactly, I got GH3 a couple of weeks ago when it was on mega sale. I then went out Friday, Saturday and Sunday this past weekend and bought a few each time. And the box on Sunday (I was prepared to wait longer for the box - though 2 of those are packins).

The Pinata/Forza 2 bundle is awesome. It was cheap enough to finally get me to buy my own box :)

As a matter of fact I swallowed one of these about two hours ago and the explanation is that it is, in fact, my hand.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #66 on: December 22, 2007, 01:00:11 AM

I hope to crack open the shrinkwrap on those two sometime this week!

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #67 on: December 27, 2007, 04:13:36 PM

Tag: Zarix

Games:
GH3
NFS: Most Wanted
R6: Vegas

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Strazos

Reply #68 on: January 01, 2008, 06:17:59 PM

Update: Just got Call of Duty 4.

That game is way more fun than it should be, especially on a console.

Fear the Backstab!
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: January 18, 2008, 12:22:50 PM

Tag: caladein

Games:
Mass Effect
Burnout Paradise
Lost Planet
PDZ
Forza 2
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 04:56:18 PM by caladein »

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: XBL Gamertags & Games  
Jump to: