Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:46:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Heroes (SPOILERS) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heroes (SPOILERS)  (Read 209448 times)
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1190 on: December 05, 2007, 08:17:18 AM

He phased himself and Adam out of their cells to escape the company, iirc.  This is exactly why I don't like Peter.  His personality is fine; some people are just dumbasses.  He's just far too powerful for any writer to have to deal with.  At this point he's like Dr. Manhattan's retarded cousin.  I still don't understand why he's not having any trouble with those nuclear powers anymore. 

The writers also screwed up because if Peter was able to copy Sylar's telekinesis, he should have also picked up Sylar's cold power, super hearing, perfect memory, metal melting and whatever else I'm forgetting as well as the original 'I see how things work' power.  That's to go along with Peter's flight, super strength, phasing, teleporting, time traveling/freezing, mind reading/control, regeneration, precognition, electricity throwing, radiation/EMP/blow up New York power and invisibility.  Yeah, writing for a character like that should be easy.  Popular or not, they really need to either kill Peter off or depower him somehow.

Over and out.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1191 on: December 05, 2007, 08:17:33 AM

Peter's powers are so varied and powerful, there's about a hundred ways he can do anything. I'm not sure he could phase, even though he's been around D.L., since I don't know that he has an emotional trigger for D.L.'s powers.

He managed to phase himself and adam out of the company jail cell.

Also, regarding Hiro going millions of years into the past; didn't Isaac paint a picture of Hiro waving his sword at a T-Rex?

edit: here it is
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 08:20:23 AM by K9 »

I love the smell of facepalm in the morning
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #1192 on: December 05, 2007, 08:20:16 AM

The T-Rex in the painting was in the museum where Hiro got the sword the first time.  Also, how did Hiro put Adam into that coffin?

Over and out.
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1193 on: December 05, 2007, 08:22:28 AM

Ah, right. I don't see why Hiro couldn't potentially travel that far back in time though.

I did wonder how Hiro forced Adam into the coffin; in a straight up fight it would seem that Adam would easily overpower Hiro. Maybe Hiro got some of his dad's Yakuza buddies or something to assist him.

btw, we need more Ando, I think he's a great and underused character :)

Lakov_Sanite
Terracotta Army

Reply #1194 on: December 05, 2007, 08:24:46 AM

Ah, right. I don't see why Hiro couldn't potentially travel that far back in time though.

I did wonder how Hiro forced Adam into the coffin; in a straight up fight it would seem that Adam would easily overpower Hiro. Maybe Hiro got some of his dad's Yakuza buddies or something to assist him.

btw, we need more Ando, I think he's a great and underused character :)

Well either both of them were snug and comfy in a coffin before hiro ported back out or Hiro stopped time, went and dug a grave and buried him.  In theory he could spend years in frozen time if he wanted.

~a horrific, dark simulacrum that glares balefully at us, with evil intent.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1195 on: December 05, 2007, 10:16:47 AM

I figured he'd just ported Adam into a pre-existing (possibly already occupied? ew) coffin.

Also:

At this point he's like Dr. Manhattan's retarded cousin.

I lol'ed.  So true.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1196 on: December 05, 2007, 01:00:39 PM

The writers also screwed up because if Peter was able to copy Sylar's telekinesis, he should have also picked up Sylar's cold power, super hearing, perfect memory, metal melting and whatever else I'm forgetting as well as the original 'I see how things work' power.  That's to go along with Peter's flight, super strength, phasing, teleporting, time traveling/freezing, mind reading/control, regeneration, precognition, electricity throwing, radiation/EMP/blow up New York power and invisibility.  Yeah, writing for a character like that should be easy.  Popular or not, they really need to either kill Peter off or depower him somehow.

The only saving grace to keeping Peter from being all powerful is that it appears to me he can only use one power at a time. Or at least, I can't remember seeing him use more than one.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1197 on: December 05, 2007, 02:27:53 PM

I noticed the dagger that St. Joan was wielding on that comic cover was in the vault where they found the virus.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #1198 on: December 05, 2007, 02:35:44 PM

This was a "reset". We're back to Season 1 flavour - Good Team vs Sylar, and the Company messing with them all.

And now, as in many other superhero sequels, the threat of Sylar returns as the even more threatening Team Sylar. And each side will have equivalent pivotal characters and some non-pivotal uniques.

Good ability collector Peter - Evil ability collector Sylar
Good regenerator Clare - Evil regenerator Adam (dug up)
Good (rezzed) flying Nathan - Evil flying West (may die so Sylar can fly like Peter)
etc

Cousin Saint Joan becomes Micah's new "mom", but I'm not sure what path they take or if they'll split between the teams. Parkman I'm not sure about either, but Peter now has his ability and Parkman has the two dots while Peter has the symbol.

Maya is good, but with an evil ability - not sure where that goes, but I'm sure Sylar still wants it. It's not much use to a good Peter, but if he picks it up he'll have an angsty time learning to control it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 06:13:33 PM by Tale »
K9
Terracotta Army

Reply #1199 on: December 05, 2007, 02:49:09 PM

Maya is good, but with an evil ability - not sure where that goes, but I'm sure Sylar still wants it. It's not much use to a good Peter, but if he picks it up he'll have an angsty time learning to control it.

Potentially she may be the only one who can kill Sylar, although I dearly hope they don't make her the lynchpin of Volume 3. I don't think anyone has a clue what here ability does other than "it kills people", and so where sylar can dodge bullets and generally make himself pretty hard to touch, he probably couldn't avoid her ability. Matt Parkman seems like another person against whom Sylar doesn't have much of a defense. In fact, compared to the end of volume one where Sylar seemed near impregnable, he seems more vulnerable now, mostly due to other characters stepping up their powers.

Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1200 on: December 05, 2007, 07:39:51 PM

Don't forget that Molly's been cured.  Between Molly and Hiro, I don't think anything poses a credible threat.  Molly figures out where bad guy is.  Hiro stops time.  Hiro teleports to bad guy.  Hiro removes bad guy's head.  Hiro restarts time.

If bad guy's head is unremovable, Hiro brings Matt and Matt locks bad guy in an eternal nightmare as a kinder and gentler alternative to killing him.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #1201 on: December 06, 2007, 12:03:14 AM

Holy shit was that a horrible episode. Wow, probably one of the worst ones yet. So many little plot holes. They totally couldn't keep it in the bubble.

Haemish, you are a great game write, but your taste in TV is bad. The part where they where walking down the hall killing shit? That was pathetic. Oh look I'm badass. Ugh, that was like power rangers type horrible. Not to mention, that when he knocked out Hiro the first time, no one in the fucking paper warehouse reacted. You can see multiple people just walking around while Hiro is lying on the floor. Adam cuts up some guy and there isn't a spec of blood, the sword swinging looked so horrible, it didn't seem to even connect with the person he swung at.
And wtf, why didnt Peter walk through the door and destroy the virus himself? The writing for this show has really gone down.

Peter is a moron. The new Clair is annoying. Nikki was finally starting to show some life. Maya was boring. Seresh is so inconsistent. Honestly this season I was rooting for Sylar to kill off the majority of them. At least he actually does shit.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:06:46 AM by Morfiend »
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1202 on: December 06, 2007, 01:00:43 AM

My commentary: Peter has bad taste in women.
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1203 on: December 06, 2007, 02:14:46 AM

So is that it for Heroes for the season or are they coming back in January (writer strike permitting)?
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #1204 on: December 06, 2007, 02:30:53 AM

It'll be back though the new shows might not start till later cause they'll run the new shows without repeats in between just like this did for this "episode".
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1205 on: December 06, 2007, 11:32:53 AM

I figured Adam was using the flat of his sword to knock out the guys in the hallway instead of slicing them, since Peter wasn't really down with the whole killing thing.

Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #1206 on: December 06, 2007, 11:39:30 AM

I figured Adam was using the flat of his sword to knock out the guys in the hallway instead of slicing them, since Peter wasn't really down with the whole killing thing.

Two problems

1) He was making slicing type motions.
2) He was hitting people in the belly. If you're gonna knock them out with the flat of the sword you hit them in the noggin.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #1207 on: December 06, 2007, 11:50:26 AM

We've already established that Peter possesses no sort of sensory apparatus known to man when it's inconvenient to the plot for him to notice the obvious.

kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #1208 on: December 06, 2007, 12:42:23 PM

Peter strikes me as an idiot savant hero. He can be uber powerful but only under specific triggers and he normally just blunders around like rain man.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #1209 on: December 06, 2007, 01:26:36 PM

EDIT - Helps to read the next page before commenting on the previous.

EDIT2 Content! --

I liked the episode, and I'm wondering if the "keep exposing powers to the public" thread will continue or if Nathan being shot ends it permanently. Of course, if they keep using the phoenix down blood plot device, I guess killing people is trivial -- unless you assplode them in a burning building. Maybe we'll see a time limit imposed so that if someone is dead long enough, the blood won't work. My guess is that isn't the case, but one can hope.

As to Peter, I'm hoping that he'll finally get smarter and increase his level of badass use of powers. I can buy into his being scammed by Adam, but from here on out, I'd rather not see the clueless Peter stuff. If he hasn't had enough shit happen to galvanize him a bit, then just kill him off.

The worst part about this last episode?  It has me way too excited for next season, which is months away.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 01:41:16 PM by CmdrSlack »

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
grendl
Terracotta Army

Reply #1210 on: December 06, 2007, 01:35:40 PM

I thought he was just smacking ppl around with the katana, while it was sheathed. 

Heroes is the network version of a drug dealer.... but not one who deals in really good smack, just sort of middling smack that you do because its the best KIND of that smack.  The show flogs you with a sock full of shit for 40 minutes, before giving you 10 minutes of goodness to make you come back for more sock-shit beating the next week.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1211 on: December 06, 2007, 01:38:01 PM

Not for me. I'm about ready to bail.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1212 on: July 18, 2008, 03:18:15 AM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #1213 on: July 18, 2008, 07:36:57 AM

Fuck yeah. Bring on the bad guys.

Also, Adrian Pasdar's not dead. Yippee!

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Heroes (SPOILERS)  
Jump to: