Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:21:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Heroes (SPOILERS) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heroes (SPOILERS)  (Read 209446 times)
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

on: October 23, 2006, 09:32:35 AM

Watching Heroes last night w/ the wife, she totally called that the kid's dad is the silent black dude working w/ the cheerleader's father.  (Forgive me I'm horrible with names.)

We also talked about Silar and  have 2 theories right now.  Mine: Silar is Mr. Cantidate's brother; he's gone evil, asborbed the powers from the other Heroes and come back in time to stop/ screw with them.  Hers: Silar is the two brother's Dad.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 12:24:06 PM

asborbed

I know this was just a typo, but I really enjoyed taking some time to figure out how to pronounce that.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 02:54:50 PM

That'll tech men ot to speelchek

XboxGod
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 03:32:27 PM

Watching Heroes last night w/ the wife, she totally called that the kid's dad is the silent black dude working w/ the cheerleader's father.  (Forgive me I'm horrible with names.)

We also talked about Silar and  have 2 theories right now.  Mine: Silar is Mr. Cantidate's brother; he's gone evil, asborbed the powers from the other Heroes and come back in time to stop/ screw with them.  Hers: Silar is the two brother's Dad.

I think I am agree with your theory, hopefully we'll get a little clue tonight. So, is the cheerleaders dad really a good guy then?
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 06:20:56 PM

I think I am agree with your theory, hopefully we'll get a little clue tonight. So, is the cheerleaders dad really a good guy then?

Multiple heros, multiple baddies. Season 1 will be Mr. Dad, Season 2 the fall of Kiddo & some other baddie as the main arc.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 07:52:20 PM

Multiple heros, multiple baddies.

The jury is still out on what category half of them fall under imo. Ali Larter's character. The candidate.  I'm not even sure about the painter. Seems like the weak/traitor type. He'll screw someone over eventually.

Only Hiro and Peter and idealistic enough to want to be heroes.

[EDIT]

Oh yeah. The kid's dad is not the brainwashing dude.

Oddly enough though, he looks just like him. Your wife deserves some points at least.

The cheerleader's dad is totally not good. He's the Heroes version of Cancer Man.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2006, 08:10:00 PM by Stray »
XboxGod
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 12:51:59 AM

Multiple heros, multiple baddies. Season 1 will be Mr. Dad, Season 2 the fall of Kiddo & some other baddie as the main arc.

That's pretty cool. I haven't had a chance to watch tonights episode, but I will probably make time tomorrow, so be prepared for more stupid questions. Sorry guys, I just seem to miss a lot when I watch these types of shows.
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 02:49:18 AM

Oddly enough though, he looks just like him. Your wife deserves some points at least.

So you're seeing the black guy shown in their house as the kid's dad, i.e. a different person from the brainwashing dude? No, it's the brainwashing dude. He's wearing the symbol around his neck in that shot. But given what happened to the quarterback, is the kid's dad the same person he always was, or has brainwashing dude been placed into the kid's dad's body? Sorry, that's complicated.

My question from the series so far: when the kid was in his babysitter's house in ep 2 or 3, he made a phone call from her kitchen. He was asking the person on the other end something. When the babysitter walked into the room he hung up and she asked him who he was talking to, seemingly thinking he was talking to an imaginary friend. He covered it up ... but wtf was he doing?
schild
Administrator

Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 03:49:50 AM

Black guy is the brainwashing dude.

Kids dad who controls the black guy (Let's call him G Man) will join the regular heroes at the end of the season to stop Syler.

G Man will become an outspoken enemy of the mutants in the government. Black guy will betray him.

Or at least, I just hope to god the G Man becomes a martyr and Syler gets killed. I want ONE DANGER each season with a riveting storyline like this one.

My only problem is how G Man gets around so fast. Motherfucker has a special power. There's 4 of him or something.
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 04:56:12 AM

He takes a government jet?

He's in Vegas, flies back home to take care of the family thing/damage control, then jets back to follow the trail of  the shirtless wonder. If he's bossing around an investigative team and has a lab to handle interrogation, he's got enough  power to fly on the peoples dime 24-7.

If this was Lost, we'd be spending half the episode on  GMan's college days and his trip to India,  wondering  what the fuck this has to do with anything until right at the end, where we can go, "Oh. OK. . ."

The product placements are nearly laughable in their  directness.  I know more about the  Nissan Versa than I do about my wife's car.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 09:50:32 AM

So you're seeing the black guy shown in their house as the kid's dad, i.e. a different person from the brainwashing dude? No, it's the brainwashing dude.

No, it's not. The Brainwasher (Mr. Talleyman) is clean-shaven, DL (the hot blonde's husband) has a little soul patch beard. They look similar in that they are both black and bald, but that's it. Mr. Talleyman is played by Jimmy Jean-Louis and DL is played by Leonard Roberts according to IMDB.

The symbol is going to have some consequences for something, but it isn't unique to one individual.

Those episodes aren't long enough. I end each week cursing the shortness of 1 hour.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #11 on: October 24, 2006, 10:47:23 AM

My parents asked me about Heroes so I guess it has broad appeal.

I think Peter is a Hero Teacher.  Not only can he use other's powers, but he can do them better and teach others to do it better.  Soon painter guy won't need drugs to paint the future.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 12:03:06 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #12 on: October 24, 2006, 11:06:33 AM

My parents asked me about Heroes so guess it has broad appeal.

I think Peter is a Hero Teacher.  Not only can he use other's powers, but he can do them better and teach others to do it better.  Soon painter guy won't need drugs to paint the future.

So isn't this what Syler does too (learn other people's powers)? Makes me think that Merusk and his wife really were right in saying Peter and his brother are related to him.

Either way, I guess Peter is Superman now. The ability to fly, in and of itself, wasn't really going to cut it.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #13 on: October 24, 2006, 11:09:44 AM

Peter is a mimic. He can copy others' powers, but only if in close proximity. Syler, OTOH, may have the same power, but may also believe that by ingesting the others' brains, he can gain their powers. At least that's my guess.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 24, 2006, 11:56:08 AM

My parents asked me about Heroes so guess it has broad appeal.

Heroes won the night for NBC. It's being considered the  biggest hit of the new shows and will probably break top 10 in the coming weeks with solid weekly gains in viewership. It's mainstream, or close to it at this point.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 01:32:58 PM by sigil »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 12:32:43 PM

One of the guys at work told me that the ladies in our accounting dept. (all of them older than 40) were downloading last night's episode of Heroes to watch at lunch (from NBC - young whippersnappers like me grab torrents). Yeah, it's got mad broad appeal. From The FutonCritic:

NBC (households: 7.8/12, #2; adults 18-49: 4.6, #1) squeezed by CBS (households: 8.8/13, #1; adults 18-49: 4.5, #2) for another win in adults 18-49 on Monday. The Peacock served up new episodes of "Deal or No Deal" (households: 9.8/15, #T2; adults 18-49: 4.4, #4), "Heroes" (households: 8.6/13, #4; adults 18-49: 6.2, #1) and "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" (households: 5.1/8, #10; adults 18-49: 3.2, #T7).

Said 18-49 numbers marked a series high for "Heroes," beating out even its premiere numbers (households: 8.8/13; adults 18-49: 6.0 on 9/25/06).

It's doing quite well.

Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 03:01:56 PM

Yeah my wife was completly wrong about the Kid's father.  I thought that she was correct based on the 'coming this season' blurb after the marathon sunday.  The shots of DL were quick enough I don't feel /TOO/ bad about confusing him with Mr. Mindwipe.

Besides that, it would have been one too many coincidences linking people together for me to take.

Peter is a mimic. He can copy others' powers, but only if in close proximity. Syler, OTOH, may have the same power, but may also believe that by ingesting the others' brains, he can gain their powers. At least that's my guess.

Development of powers.  Hiro has to get pretty badass to be able to stop time around one person, move backwards through it and then take off without anymore Dragonball-esque 'I'm shitting myself' grunting & clenching. 

I still suspect Peter will turn out to be related to Syler somehow.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 04:10:01 AM by Merusk »

MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 05:16:40 AM

I just hope we get to see some more of those morally ambiguous situations (Mr. Candidate taking the high $, Hiro et al. gambling, The Cheerleader smashing her car).  I eat that kind of shit up, because it all goes back to the "if you had such and such power, what would you do?".  Plus, it keeps us guessing about hero or villian.

I'm looking forward to seeing Evil Twin converse with herself Tyler Durden style.  As for G-Man, I believe he's just obsessed with seeing what's going on, it will get worse and worse, then he'll remember that he loves his daughter or some predictable shit like that.

DL is apparently a "killer".  Would love to see how he comes back into grace with his family.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 05:19:28 AM

If those online comics are part of the official lore, then it seems like DL pays for the crimes of Evil Twin.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 05:19:57 AM

If those online comics are part of the official lore, then it seems like DL pays for the crimes of Evil Twin.

Nice, that's what I was figuring, but I like to be surprised :-D
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 07:59:57 AM

They are part of official lore. The web site says the stories happen between the lines. In the first issue, Mohinder sees his dad's cab and it's torn to shit like Godzilla got at it. I don't remember that from the first episode, but it would mean Syler is definitely his killer.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 08:48:10 AM

I thought the brains angle was all X-Files-y -- they are "studying" them to learn their powers and what-not.  They are all from some genetic experiment conspiracy.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #22 on: October 25, 2006, 08:50:12 AM

Syller isn't connected with the G-Man.

Morfiend
Terracotta Army

wants a greif tittle

Reply #23 on: October 25, 2006, 09:44:58 AM

My coworker also think that Syler is Peter come back from the future, and gone bad, (or maybe to try and stop some thing).

I agree with Haemish, the two black guys look kind of the same, but its not the same guy.

Also, I said from the begining the there is just SO much going on in each episode, an hour really doesnt feel long enough, it seems like they just start to get good, and then its over. I am really thinking about just setting my DVR and recording like 4 episodes and watching them all at once, so I feel fulfilled.
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Reply #24 on: October 25, 2006, 10:09:43 AM

It will get spoiled.

Edit: Test.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 10:24:33 AM by MrHat »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #25 on: October 25, 2006, 10:14:50 AM

I could see Syller being Peter's father, but he's not a time traveler. Notice how most of the powers all seem fairly unique. Even Mr. Talleyman doesn't seem to have the same kind of telepathy as the cop.

Also, DL (hot chick's husband) has the same power as Kitty Pryde from X-Men. He can phase through shit, I think. At least that's what it looked like in the online graphic novel.

sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #26 on: October 25, 2006, 11:03:30 AM

The preview for next week shows he can indeed phase through shit.
Viin
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: October 25, 2006, 11:53:38 AM

I think Hiro was able to go back in time to Peter's brother (forget his name now) because his brother has the ability to 'copy cat' powers - if he went back to anyone else in frozen time, they'd be frozen rather than able to interact with him.

- Viin
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #28 on: October 25, 2006, 01:40:03 PM

Peter is the mimic.  Nathan is the flyer.

I still say his powers go beyond pure mimic. He seemed to have better control over the powers when he copied both Issac's and Nathan's powers even if he isn't as powerful with them.

"Me am play gods"
sigil
Terracotta Army

Reply #29 on: October 25, 2006, 02:16:02 PM

I wouldn't say that. I don't see peter  breaking Mach one leaving Las Vegas, as Nathan did.

But it does explain how Hiro was able to talk to him

Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #30 on: October 25, 2006, 03:27:11 PM

Really don't think DL is a killer, as someone suggested above.  Remember that Nikki found the ring of one of the people DL supposedly killed next to where her, um, mirror self told her to bury the mob guy bodies?  I think it's far more likely that Mirror Girl killed them to protect DL and DL just got the blame. 

I also think the cop is going to tell his wife that he can read her mind, she's going to freak out and leave him.  That is, if he's alive next episode after that convience store thing.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #31 on: October 26, 2006, 08:22:43 AM

DL didn't do the crime he was convicted of. The graphic novel online shows him in prison. He's framed for robbing a bookies and killing a guy, but convinced he didn't do it. It may well be that Mirror Chick did the deed and blamed it on DL.

Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #32 on: October 26, 2006, 01:04:14 PM

Hmm, couple comments: Love the show. Quit saying 1 hour isn't enough, because with the 15 commercial breadks, it's more like 32 minutes per week.

Now we know that both DL and Bad girl Stereotype have powers, we can assume that the son will as well. We already know he's extremely intelligent.

I'm curious as to whether the nuke is related to Syler or G-Man, or even both. I'm leaning towards G-Man due to the involvement of the cheerleader in the main plot, but they may all end up intertwined - especially since one of the later Peter paintings appears to show him being attacked by Syler.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #33 on: October 26, 2006, 01:11:51 PM

It's clear G-Man isn't a nice guy, but what really evil thing has he done?  He seems to be your run-of-the-mill "Ends justify the Means" government spook. Nick Fury type.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 03:00:03 PM by tazelbain »

"Me am play gods"
kaid
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: October 26, 2006, 02:58:07 PM

I am just kinda curious about Gman and what he did with the cop if anything. Abduct him for a day then just release him with no memories. Curious if we will find out what that was all about.

kaid
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 35 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Heroes (SPOILERS)  
Jump to: