Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:27:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Echoes of Faydwer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Echoes of Faydwer  (Read 36433 times)
Nija
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: November 28, 2006, 04:41:13 PM

If you're kiting then all bets are off if you can or cannot solo a ^^^ mob.  Personally, I've never had that much luck with kiting in EQ2 because they've anti-kiting code that does cute little things like render a kited mob suddenly worth no xp.

Right, but there are tricks for getting around the anti-kiting code. I think I stopped playing in May or June of this year, and it working fine up until I quit. Best part about soloing the ^^^ mobs was the loot. I was/am Dave Chappelle rich.  Exp didn't matter quite as much, at least in the PVP environment. I could have leveled faster but I would have gotten steamrolled by not being able to keep my equipment/skills up to par.
hal
Terracotta Army

Damn kids, get off my lawn!

Reply #106 on: November 28, 2006, 05:28:53 PM

In regards to the screenshots. You made a monk, monks are the only class that look good in the game. Your noobie armor looks good, your lvl 20 quest armor looks good. All the rest armors for your class stink. And if you want to see a styling monk, talk Singe into logging on. Her monk rocks.

I started with nothing, and I still have most of it

I'm not a complete idiot... Some parts are still on backorder.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #107 on: November 28, 2006, 05:36:12 PM

And if you want to see a styling monk, talk Singe into logging on. Her monk rocks.

You mean Feet? She's a stylish monk? I demand proof (and screenshots).

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #108 on: November 28, 2006, 06:03:59 PM

SINGE!!!  I like that!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: November 29, 2006, 12:51:58 AM

SINGE!!!  I like that!

Not bad. Plus you have your own castle.
Beware of Dirk the Daring though.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #110 on: November 29, 2006, 07:20:34 AM

I have the expansion and I've made a couple of characters with wings and really tried to get back into the game.  I must be going through some sort of unmotivated mood thingy or something.  It's not just EQ2, it's all of them... single player rpgs, console games...  even FFXII... and I was so loving that game.  CoX always calls me back, however.  I really enjoy the combat and, of course, all the dressing up.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: November 29, 2006, 07:24:41 AM

It's the darn un-synched combat animation. It's exhausting.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #112 on: November 29, 2006, 07:43:01 AM

CoX always calls me back, however.  I really enjoy the combat and, of course, all the dressing up.
Now with wings. Those look pretty hawk during flight animations.

Also,
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #113 on: December 05, 2006, 03:06:38 PM

Paycheck's in, I'm alt around too much in CoH to really enjoy it, so I caved and bought it.

Echoes of Faydwer, that is, not the anatomy of an ape.

Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #114 on: December 06, 2006, 06:32:14 AM

I got the expansion but am still tooling around with my mouse.  All in all, the expansion shines.  Much better world building and Kelethin is way easier to navigate, even will all the levels.  More "cozy" the whole thing.  Also, my gf bought and resubbed and has successfully transferred her OCD with her WoW Pally harvesting to EQ2.  Her favorite feature?  "jumping off stuff!"  :p
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: December 06, 2006, 09:17:06 AM

And no one ever talks about shinies and collections, one of the nicest little new features in MMORPGs all around.

eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #116 on: January 25, 2007, 07:14:41 AM

When I asked Mr. Hartsman about changes to existing models - this is an excerpt from his email:

Quote from: Hartsman

We could poll people until we were blue in the face, but even if 99% of everyone despised them, that really doesn't change the fact that I'm unlikely to succeed at making a case for being given 20 artists for another few years to remake 16x2 (US) + 10x2 (Asia) race-gender pairs from scratch.

With modelling and texturing, after adding 500 anims plus a few thousand wearable fittings, plus 3 LODs for every wearable, per race-gender (52 in total), that's a pretty huge chunk of work that you tend to only get one try on.

- Scott

Which would be great, but lets just think of some MMOGs that *have* managed to retrofit all-new PC models at some point after launch ...

EQ1 (Luclin)
Daoc (Catacombs)
UO (or so I imagine - people keep talking about various graphics engines it's been through anyway)
Oh, hang on... EQ2 (Soga)

...so I seriously doubt that it is beyond the wit of man to do a rework of 52 chracter models in less than 60 man years.

Some of them are ok as they are anyhow (frog, troll, cat, erudite, almost anything without human style skin tbh).

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Echoes of Faydwer  
Jump to: