Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:23:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 1141 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Useless Conversation  (Read 3400343 times)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #14455 on: May 17, 2011, 04:13:18 PM

That's a really good idea. awesome, for real

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #14456 on: May 17, 2011, 04:32:23 PM

I think I shall. You guys are freakin geniuses. :)
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #14457 on: May 17, 2011, 04:54:51 PM

So now I'm looking at 30k in loans, plus the 18k we still have slowly paying down (at 2.15%!). I'm thinking of consolidating the new stuff, but I heard the law changed so I can't exactly shove it down to like 1% like I used to.

If you go to the dept of ed loan website they have the formula for figuring out what your new consolidated loan amount would be.  It may not be as bad as you think.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #14458 on: May 17, 2011, 05:00:56 PM

If you go to the dept of ed loan website they have the formula for figuring out what your new consolidated loan amount would be.  It may not be as bad as you think.
It's basically a weighted balance of all your loans. Effectively, your 'consolidated' rate is exactly the same cumulative rate you'd have paid before, plus any rounding errors. In the end, you'd pay the exact same amount -- you just didn't need to bother with multiple lenders.

Before 2006, however, when you consolidated you got a number based off of the rate the government loaned to the student loan company plus like a half point. I happened to consolidate mine back when interest rates were about 1.5% on those loans.

My wife's are more recent, and they're all from the same company, so I get a unified bill and a low rate anyways.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #14459 on: May 18, 2011, 04:46:08 AM

Chronologically speaking: if Bryan Adams recorded "The Summer of '69" today it would have to be "The Summer of '95."

Get off my lawn!

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #14460 on: May 18, 2011, 06:07:49 AM

That was a pretty shitty summer.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #14461 on: May 18, 2011, 07:00:05 AM

Remember when stupid fads went out of style? I miss those times. Ten years later, you wouldn't see people in bell-bottoms anymore, but we still have dopes running (sorry, shuffling) around in baggy jeans below their butts. It's very difficult not to laugh at them openly. Though I guess it does make episodes of Cops more amusing because they can't run away effectively. So there is some positive benefit to the community.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #14462 on: May 18, 2011, 07:10:12 AM

I guess it's better than skinny jeans below their butts. 
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #14463 on: May 18, 2011, 08:59:06 AM

Flesh belts and muffin tops are so attractive, though.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #14464 on: May 18, 2011, 09:02:41 AM

Remember when stupid fads went out of style? I miss those times. Ten years later, you wouldn't see people in bell-bottoms anymore, but we still have dopes running (sorry, shuffling) around in baggy jeans below their butts. It's very difficult not to laugh at them openly. Though I guess it does make episodes of Cops more amusing because they can't run away effectively. So there is some positive benefit to the community.

Now that you mention it...that is really strange.  That shit has been around forever now.  What gives?

Maybe it's like how office schlubs now always were slacks and button up shirts.  Baggy jeans might just now be the standard uniform for that demographic for the remainder of the information era.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #14465 on: May 18, 2011, 09:16:48 AM

Now that you mention it...that is really strange.  That shit has been around forever now.  What gives?

Maybe it's like how office schlubs now always were slacks and button up shirts.  Baggy jeans might just now be the standard uniform for that demographic for the remainder of the information era.
It's probably changed in some huge way that's obvious to the baggy jeans wearing folks, but not to us non-baggy jeans wearing folks.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #14466 on: May 18, 2011, 09:23:55 AM

I gotta be honest-  I will take the baggy jean phenomenon all day over jeggings.  Fat people in jeggings here in south Texas is the rule.  There should be a weigh in at the store.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #14467 on: May 18, 2011, 09:40:22 AM

That's what you get for living in Texole. Another jeans-related gripe: brand new dirty jeans. What the fuck is that all about? I tend to avoid the hipster/raptard areas of the stores, but have to navigate it for jeans. Trying to find regular fit, regular rise jeans amongst all the baggy, relaxed seat boot cut stuff is bad enough, but almost everything on the racks looks fucking filthy.

Get off my lawn!

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #14468 on: May 18, 2011, 11:02:06 AM

When I complained to my wife about buying dirty jeans, I was told to stop being an old crab.  Apparently it's OK to wear them if someone else dirtied them.

Picture unrelated.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #14469 on: May 18, 2011, 11:07:17 AM

The housing market here is depressing.  I realize it's depressing everywhere, but I live here and it looks like we might pass on another awesome house because I can't sell my house for anything but a ginormous "kill my bank account" loss. 

Argh!

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #14470 on: May 18, 2011, 11:09:49 AM

For Sale: House in arachnid-infested wasteland.  Serious offers only.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #14471 on: May 18, 2011, 11:13:50 AM

We only get minor invasions (I see 2 year). Not as bad as my mother-in-law's place that probably finds a live scorpion a day.

But yah, the wasteland thing is something we're trying to correct.  awesome, for real

-Rasix
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #14472 on: May 18, 2011, 11:20:33 AM

Where do you live?

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #14473 on: May 18, 2011, 11:22:12 AM

Tusconistan.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #14474 on: May 18, 2011, 11:30:14 AM

Ah, then I'd sell immediately for whatever you can get, cut your losses and get the hell out of that town. The job market sucks, the economy is tied to housing, your main manufacturers are solar related which is going nowhere fast, and unless you're in aerospace or defense I can name about 100 cities where you'd be better off.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Morat20
Terracotta Army

Reply #14475 on: May 18, 2011, 11:32:28 AM

The housing market here is depressing.  I realize it's depressing everywhere, but I live here and it looks like we might pass on another awesome house because I can't sell my house for anything but a ginormous "kill my bank account" loss. 

Argh!

Have you tried Nerf? :)

I keep considering selling my house and getting a bigger one. We're more than a little cramped. OTOH, it's half paid off and the kid goes to college in four years.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #14476 on: May 18, 2011, 11:38:49 AM

Arizona has been hit pretty badly, for sure. 
Lantyssa
Terracotta Army

Reply #14477 on: May 18, 2011, 01:06:50 PM

For Sale: House in arachnid-infested wasteland.  Serious offers only.
Does being serious about offering $1 count?

Hahahaha!  I'm really good at this!
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #14478 on: May 18, 2011, 01:07:57 PM

Argh!

Can you short sell and wrap up the loss in your new mortgage?
WayAbvPar

Reply #14479 on: May 18, 2011, 01:57:19 PM

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #14480 on: May 18, 2011, 03:07:10 PM

Pandora now features comedy albums?  who knew Patton Oswalt was funneh. 

what a way to get through work with NSFW comedy blaring in one's ears
WayAbvPar

Reply #14481 on: May 18, 2011, 03:08:11 PM

I follow him on Twitter and get a belly laugh at least once a week. Best part is he re-tweets shit he thinks is funny too, so I get extra goodness.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #14482 on: May 19, 2011, 08:57:15 AM

Fuck, I hate moving. I like being a new house that's only 10 minutes from work, but I hate packing shit up, getting it loaded, making constant trips back to the old place to pick up shit we didn't pack, and then trying to maneuver through a maze of boxes until I can get everything unpacked. I especially hate that I may lose my DirecTV because of a goddamn tree in my neighbor's yard.

WayAbvPar

Reply #14483 on: May 19, 2011, 09:09:40 AM

Moving is fucking helliish. I feel for you. I am not sure I would move if I won the lottery. Well, I probably would, but someone else would be handsomely rewarded for all the packing and moving while I sat in a lawn chair and drank beer all day.

And I feel your DirectTV pain. I have the same problem.  Ohhhhh, I see.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #14484 on: May 20, 2011, 11:34:02 AM

If only they made houses that you could move around, maybe with wheels on them or something.  That would rock.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #14485 on: May 20, 2011, 12:20:38 PM

If only they made houses that you could move around, maybe with wheels on them or something.  That would rock.

I don't want my house able to move. We get more than enough tornadoes down here I'd rather a solid foundation, not to mention the side effect of living in a trailer.

Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #14486 on: May 20, 2011, 12:46:16 PM

I don't want my house able to move. We get more than enough tornadoes down here I'd rather a solid foundation, not to mention the side effect of living in a trailer.

What your sister isn't that pretty?

FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #14487 on: May 21, 2011, 11:19:38 PM

So, apparently the rapture didn't arrive.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Xuri
Terracotta Army

몇살이세욬ㅋ 몇살이 몇살 몇살이세욬ㅋ!!!!!1!

Reply #14488 on: May 21, 2011, 11:46:25 PM

Or maybe it did, but the number of people who qualified for ascension was so low that no one actually noticed.

-= Ho Eyo He Hum =-
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #14489 on: May 22, 2011, 06:57:37 AM

Or maybe it did, but the number of people who qualified for ascension was so low that no one actually noticed.

I figured at least my internet service would have been interrupted or something of the sort. 
Pages: 1 ... 412 413 [414] 415 416 ... 1141 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Serious Business  |  Topic: Useless Conversation  
Jump to: