Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:26:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: So far, so useless 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: So far, so useless  (Read 5530 times)
Big Gulp
Terracotta Army

on: August 08, 2006, 07:03:59 PM

Well, I don't know if character creation is broken, or if there are just a lot of obscure, female, medieval German names already taken, but I can't get past character creation.  Is it maybe that the female human avatars aren't implemented yet?  A lot of the sliders for nose, eyes, etc aren't working yet, so maybe that's it.  I'll try again tomorrow.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 07:10:20 PM

I made three characters (male dwarf champion - Gordon, male hobbit burglar - Marley, male human captain - Sparrow), then it wouldn't let me make any more. It could be that there is a limit of three in this phase or that the name parser thingie died at that point. I guess I should have deleted one and tried to make one to investigate.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
schild
Administrator

Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 07:25:20 PM

Sparrow?

Really?
Calandryll
Developers

Would you kindly produce a web game.

Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 07:25:52 PM

There is a bug that blocks character creation. It's a known issue, happens very rarely, and we haven't reproduced the cause yet. Closing the client and logging back in usually solves the problem.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 07:29:46 PM

I have always thought of you as an obscure, German female, BG.

My eyes are always closed.  I look dead.  It probably suits me.

The only person I saw online from here was Rasix.  I couldn't find anything to attack any of the times I logged in, unfortunately.

My names are Signe, Knickers and Doorbell.  I'm only using Doorbell until I remember to buy one.  I never hear UPS when they arrive.  It's annoying.

I would have used Twee but I'm not allowed.   cry
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 07:31:32 PM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 08:10:57 PM

Sparrow?

Really?

How could I resist being Captain Sparrow in Middle Earth?

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 08:49:04 PM

You should save that particular asshattery for Pirates of the Burning Pee.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Righ
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 09:40:53 PM

They probably won't have a Captain class, and anyhow, it would be as pointless as calling a character Legolas in LOTRO.

However, on names - no Righ, because five letters in the minimum. Shame on them. Also, one name, ew. There's all sorts of funny naming rules in there to try and cut out the idiotic and unpronounceable names, so given that there's one hand extended to RP, why not give us useful names - two names, the first of which must be unique and which is the identifier for chat/game mechanics.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 11:16:35 PM

Two names would have been nice.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
WayAbvPar

Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 09:32:07 AM

I ran into the character creation problem last night myself- was only able to create 2 before it stopped me from making any more. Then I played BF2 for a couple of hours  :-D

Is there going to be more customization in character creation in future builds? I would love to see some sort of tweakable color scheme for outerwear (I was a dye tub whore in UO and had all sorts of garish things going on in CoH).

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 04:34:26 PM

They probably won't have a Captain class, and anyhow, it would be as pointless as calling a character Legolas in LOTRO.

However, on names - no Righ, because five letters in the minimum. Shame on them. Also, one name, ew. There's all sorts of funny naming rules in there to try and cut out the idiotic and unpronounceable names, so given that there's one hand extended to RP, why not give us useful names - two names, the first of which must be unique and which is the identifier for chat/game mechanics.

These games seem to have a particular bias against me using my name. Couldn't use Bunk in WoW either.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #11 on: September 24, 2006, 10:47:22 PM

Is anyone still playing? I put a bunch of people on my Friends list, but I haven't seen any of you online...or is that function broken?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12 on: September 24, 2006, 10:51:34 PM

I still play but I was busy last week plus I play really late. If you get on now I can invite you to the Kinship.
WayAbvPar

Reply #13 on: September 25, 2006, 09:49:55 AM

I played for a bit over the weekend and rediscovered my will to play. Not sure how long it will last, but I should be on a bit more often until I get sick of it again.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 06:19:11 AM

Yes, having all these funky naming rules to avoid "gibberish" and then not having a surname is rather self-defeating I find. Titles are nice done though.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Lord of the Rings Online  |  Topic: So far, so useless  
Jump to: