Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:22:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Heath Ledger to play the Joker 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heath Ledger to play the Joker  (Read 33693 times)
UnSub
Contributor

Reply #70 on: August 29, 2007, 10:09:44 PM

When your writer/producer/director credits run: 'Following', 'Memento', 'Insomnia', 'Batman Begins', 'The Prestige'; you get to cast whomever the fuck you want without criticism from me.

Fixed.

Nolan has shown the ability to get actors to work well together and put out a good performance, so I'm not worried about Ledger as the Joker. If it was Ledger straight out of "A Knight's Tale", yes, that'd suck, but he's shown improvement since then.

For your viewing pleasure: more "Dark Knight" pics, apparently leaked.

For those not wanting to click the link, here's one:

Also: the Joker kicks for the crotch:

gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: August 30, 2007, 03:10:44 AM

I do hope they fix that wire in post production.

I say this because the Matrix has a wire visible when Neo does a backflip to avoid the train.
Illusion breaking for me.  Unless it's part of the scene, then I'll go to the dumbass corner.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 04:49:00 PM by gimpyone »
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: August 30, 2007, 05:47:23 AM

Um.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Arnold
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: August 31, 2007, 01:22:07 AM

The only problem with Neeson is that he's cast in too much stuff. He's everywhere. That's why he's boring to some people.

But then again, there's a reason why he's cast so much.

Also, just because Nolan did well the first time around doesn't mean he has a better idea than me about Batman. He just happens to be the first director who paid closer attention to the source material. That doesn't mean he's a better authority than me or anyone else though. I can still talk about the shit. I can still have an opinion.

Really?  I liked the movie, but come on.  Batman is a detective who knows martial arts, not a non-detective ninja.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: August 19, 2008, 08:50:26 AM

The Joker should be geniunely creepy and disturbing.  Look at Cillian Murphy as the Scarecrow.  He epitomised that role because he was really, really fucking creepy.  "Would you like to see my mask ?"

I don't want to see another 'over the top' Joker.  If I wanted that, I'd watch the Adam West show.  I want the Dark Knight Returns Joker.  The one that poisons kids at the county fair.  The one that breaks his own neck out of sheer spite.  The one that dresses women up as Wonder Woman and then beats them.  I want the one from the Killing Joke that shoots the girl through the spine and takes pictures just to prove a point.  I want the one that shakes hands on a deal just to watch you die with a smile on your face.

I'm fairly sure I might get what I want.  Stray isn't.

Extreme Apologies for the Necro.

I Got What I Wanted.

DraconianOne
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: August 19, 2008, 02:48:49 PM

They're going to have to build a really good film around THAT to interest me.  I'm not saying they can't.  But....

I take it that this no longer holds true then.

A point can be MOOT. MUTE is more along the lines of what you should be. - WayAbvPar
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #76 on: August 20, 2008, 12:18:48 AM

Actually, it still does hold true.

But they DID.

why so serious?

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Heath Ledger to play the Joker  
Jump to: