Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:40:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Reputation 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reputation  (Read 2143 times)
fatboy
Terracotta Army

on: July 13, 2006, 08:35:10 AM

My main character has just reached Level 50.   I now have quests for the Cenarion Circle and Argent Dawn.

I have heard about players "farming rep" so I assume it is for at least one of these two.  I am already working on raising rep through the Battlegrounds (Warsong Outriders and Defilers....and I will be able to go to AV at 51, I believe....which will be yet another faction), and of course there is rep with places like Gadgetzan, Booty Bay and Ratchet.  I also have some listed I have no idea how they go up (Thorium Brotherhood is the only one I can think of off the top of my head).

At the rate I am going, it is going to take years to get even "Friendly" status with all these different factions.

My question is basically what are these factions, and why do I want high rep with them?  Is it for good items?  Raiding?

If you don't want to hear the answer -- don't ask the question.
Chenghiz
Terracotta Army

Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 08:58:16 AM

For raiding you don't *need* any particular rep. Just get attuned, which is a one-shot deal and you're set to go. depending on your class, there's some rep you want to bother with, and some that's pretty much a waste of time. When you gain a new reputation level with a faction, you can buy new things from their vendors or sometimes access a new quest. Some quests also require a certain level of rep for completion (some for Timbermaw Hold, and the Zul'Gurub and Ahn'Quiral armor quests that I can think of). If you're at Unfriendly or better with a faction, you won't be attacked by them. Also when you get Honored with a faction you get a 10% discount on purchases made at vendors aligned with them.

Phat Loots faction: Frostwolf, Defiler, Warsong
Raid Loots faction: Zandalar, Cenarion Circle
Crafting faction: Thorium Brotherhood, Cenarion Circle, Argent Dawn, Timbermaw Hold (don't bother with Brotherhood unless you plan on crafting fire-resist gear for MC, really)

Actually I could have saved some time by linking you here: http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/basics/factions/
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 09:02:48 AM

WoWWiki is your friend.

Most of the factions have some kind of Crafting pattern or quests you get for faction that go with them.  Prior to 1.11 AD faction would get you a nice +resistance shoulder enchant as well as patterns and special foods.  Now with AD faction you can also grind for purple equipment.

Gadget, etc are just another city faction and don't have quests or specials with them - that I know of.  They're just listed separately because 1) They're non-alligned favoring neither Horde nor Alliance and 2) you can go to war with them, kill them until you're friendly with the Pirates in Booty Bay and then get a special hat/ parrot pet.  Not worth destroying Goblin faction for, IMO.

Thorium Brotherhood is only important if you're an Enchanter for the +22 int/ +20 spi enchants,  or Blacksmith for the various recipies.  If you care about the Tailoring or Leatherworking patterns, you're in an MC guild and someone else will be given the task of providing those pieces of gear to you anyway (If at all).

AV faction is by far the simplest of the BGs to get... particularly after the changes.  Just make sure to smack as many people as you can, and loot their corpses, then do the turn-ins.   I was averaging 1k rep per 20-30min AV last week when I finally decided to go for Exhalted.  The key here is being on Defense. You get the faction+ for killing the General/ Capping places regardless of where you are, but all the opposite faction players are charging your base.  The turn-in stuff off of NPCs is only one or two at a time, but I've gotten up to 23 Armor scraps and 12 of the Globe thingys for druids off of one player corpse.  That's almost 113 faction when you turn them in - about 1/2 of the amount you get for actually killing the General.  

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 10:16:13 PM

Merusk basically hit it on the head. Unless your a crafter (and someone that wants to get every recipe imaginable as well) you really don't need to bother with Timbermaw (although there are some very nice Feral Druid LW patterns), Thorium (mainly Blacksmiths here) or Cenarion (Nature Resist gear, although there's a BoP Shaman Chest LW pattern at Exalted).

Of the BG reps, Stormpike/Frostwolf is the easiest, plus has some very, very nice weapons at the higher ranks. AB is pretty easy to get at 60 (most of the honor grinders do AB over the other two BGs), but it does take a good amount of time. The armor sets though (and the Exalted weapons if you're a caster) are excellent and mesh well with the PvP sets if that's your thing. WSG, really depends on your server, the rep is the slowest of the three, and on some servers the 60 bracket is all but empty. The rewards are still quite good, but not terribly worth the "work" if you hate Warsong Gultch.

Zandalar and Cenarion rep come pretty quick through their respective raids, but you don't need to worry about that unless you're doing said raids.

Argent Dawn and Cenarion have some decent rewards, but you might want to check them out to see if you like them (apart from the 18 slot bag, there isn't much stuff for a non-caster in the blues, but a 2-3 Druid items for example).

All the reputation grinds (with the exception of AV, although if your side sucks horribly at it, it can take a while, but nowhere near the others) are long, and not terribly worth it, so just look through the rewards pages and work on things that catch your eye when you aren't doing dungeons/raids/PvP. (It's important to note though, CC rep/quests can't really be done without at least one or two other people I've found.)

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Phred
Terracotta Army

Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 04:39:31 AM

Argent Dawn and Cenarion have some decent rewards, but you might want to check them out to see if you like them (apart from the 18 slot bag, there isn't much stuff for a non-caster in the blues, but a 2-3 Druid items for example).

There's a nice 5 def/18 sta ring for warriors as well.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 07:57:31 AM

Argent Dawn rep is really easy to get. Just doing the WPL and EPL quests will get you damned near to friendly by the time you get done grinding on the mobs required. Also, unless you jump right into raiding you'll spend a lot of time in Stratholme and Scholomance, and a full trip through those places nets about 1000-1500+ rep up to about revered.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  World of Warcraft  |  Topic: Reputation  
Jump to: