Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:30:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: NCSoft fires a bunch of people. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: NCSoft fires a bunch of people.  (Read 95713 times)
Righ
Terracotta Army

Teaching the world Google-fu one broken dream at a time.

Reply #210 on: July 10, 2006, 11:54:15 AM

Half of posts are whines about loneness.

What? On their forums? You could say the same of f13. Or the Intarweb in general.

The camera adds a thousand barrels. - Steven Colbert
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #211 on: July 10, 2006, 12:54:25 PM

People on The Internet: All we're looking for is a hug.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #212 on: July 10, 2006, 02:44:38 PM

I think it was mainly for the purposes of freeing names for CoV.  If they re-implement it, it will probably for the big expansions or something they believe will draw a lot of new players.

Yup.

There was a MASSIVE call for it on the beta forums.  So they did it.

Then there was a MASSIVE amount of bitching about it.  So they undid it.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
kb3edk
Terracotta Army

Reply #213 on: July 12, 2006, 08:01:52 AM

Hey, I'm new to these forums and kind of late to post on this topic but I found you guys through searching for more info on Auto Assault.

I was thinking about buying it but after seeing how few subscribers there are I'm pretty wary now.

I'm a veteran Guild Wars/Factions player (5 fully maxed out toons) and was looking for a change of pace... I got City of Villains on clearance for $9.99 at my local Micro Center last weekend and although I really like it, I was saying to myself "wow where are all the people?" It's nowhere near as crowded as Guild Wars. On the plus side, it seems people on CoV are a lot more friendly and helpful to newbies than on Guild Wars (where I was lost in the wilderness for months until I found a good guild). Of course it helps that the controls for CoV are kind of similar to GW so I appear semi-competent right off the bat wink

So after that positive experience on CoV I thought about AA until I saw it has only 10% of the subscribers of CoV! It would be hella odd, going from Guild Wars with a miliion plus players and servers hopping 24/7, to a game with only 10K people. However, I will still probably buy it if it continues to flop and Micro Center eventually starts selling it too for $10 (or maybe even lower like Lineage II, which I got for $3 there and haven't even opened the box). Unfortunately as of now AA is still $50. But I like the idea of the whole game being merged to just one server.

Later,
-Adam in Philly

Guild Wars: Lucas Blackpool [MEAT]
CoV: B1FF (Freedom Server)
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #214 on: July 12, 2006, 09:41:02 AM

They have a free trial for auto assault so you can give it a try.  I didn't really like it, neither did most people.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  News  |  Topic: NCSoft fires a bunch of people.  
Jump to: