Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:05:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006  (Read 87353 times)
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #245 on: November 19, 2006, 02:19:47 PM

Horrible day for Wu's Pigs, McNabb is gone for the season. That leaves the playoffs very much up for grabs.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #246 on: November 19, 2006, 03:29:52 PM

FUCK.

-Rasix
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #247 on: November 19, 2006, 07:35:21 PM

I feel your pain, in one of my other leagues McNabb has guided me to a 9-1 record... though probably 9-2 now.  At least you have a great backup QB   :-D
Rasix

Reply #248 on: November 19, 2006, 08:09:29 PM

I feel your pain, in one of my other leagues McNabb has guided me to a 9-1 record... though probably 9-2 now.  At least you have a great backup QB   :-D

Twist the knife a little, eh? Yah, I had to pick up two real choice QBs. One area I was hoping to never have to make a choice on.  Hopefully someone decent makes it to the waiver wire. I don't think Seneca will be starting any more games.

2 days after the trading deadline.. goddamn it.

You know, Phillip Rivers is taking up valuable roster space for you.  I'd dump him.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #249 on: November 20, 2006, 08:06:39 AM

Holy shit, that's a huge loss. Not only is Wu's Pigs done for the season :) but so are the Eagles. He IS that team, period. They were already inconsistent, now they are going to be plain awful. I mean, Jeff Garcia is their backup option? OUCH.

As for me, I should have this week sewn up unless Burress sprains a labia or something. Surely the Jags can't stop him from getting 15 yards. Surely?

I watched the Colts/Cowboys game and the Cowboys D looked REALLY GOOD. Their offense was good enough. It looked for awhile there like Indy might stop them cold, but once Julius Jones got running, I got worried. Peyton still had a good day for me, as did Wayne. They saved my ass like they've done all season. But it's official: Manning doesn't know how to deal with good 3-4 defenses. Which means if the championship comes down to Colts/Chargers, the Colts are in for a world of hurt, Vinatieri or no. I just don't think they can stop LT or Antonion Gates, and if Merriman is back from the Juice Express Suspension, that Charger defense will be top shelf again.

I foolishly shut the Charger/Bronco game off when it got to be 17-7. I wanted to play some more Zelda. But I did catch the last 5 minutes. Rivers and LT are just fucking scary good, and I'm not sure even MartyBall can fuck them up. At least until the playoffs. The Broncos though? They are going to make an early exit from the playoffs this year. Plummer is being Plummer and the triumvirate of Bell/Bell/Nash is not going to be as good as Denver's running game was last year.

Rasix

Reply #250 on: November 20, 2006, 09:46:34 AM

I just cut Donovan; I nearly cried. 

When I heard about the knee injury, my wife thought I had been fired or someone in my family had died (loud screaming followed by a depressed mood).  She reminded me that at least I made the playoffs.  She wanted me to pick up Matt Leinart because he's good looking. 

And how much do I hate my wideout core?  I never know which one is going to show up.

Such a wierd game between myself and Sauced.  His RB and W/R combo get 0 points combined.  Donovan gets 1 and is gone for the season.  Ben Watson goes for 15 and the Carolina D DESTROYS St. Louis.   My RB and W/R combine for nearly 350 yards of total offense but manage to avoid finding the end zone.  My only TD came from Joe Horn. GAH.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #251 on: November 20, 2006, 09:53:46 AM

I forgot to mention that I  Heart the Carolina D. Thank you for assraping Mark "I Throw INT's" Bulger really really hard. If he'd had even a mediocre game, I'd have been sunk.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #252 on: November 20, 2006, 11:37:10 AM

I'll take a little luck at this point.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #253 on: November 20, 2006, 12:40:31 PM

My team has consistantly underperformed this entire season.  Predict 80 points?  They'll get 65.  They started out looking so good too.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #254 on: November 24, 2006, 09:14:40 AM

Tony Romo on my bench with almost 42 points. Not that a full winning streak would getme in the playoffs anyway...

I have never played WoW.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #255 on: November 24, 2006, 05:26:54 PM

Three games on Thanksgiving, and they all sucked ass. I know it's tradition, but do we HAVE to have Detroit and Dallas on Thanksgiving Day? How bad is Detroit that they can't even beat a team led by Joey Harrington?

I look forward to Jay Cutler starting next week for Denver.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #256 on: November 24, 2006, 09:47:25 PM

Three games on Thanksgiving, and they all sucked ass. I know it's tradition, but do we HAVE to have Detroit and Dallas on Thanksgiving Day? How bad is Detroit that they can't even beat a team led by Joey Harrington?

Hey now, Dallas on Thanksgiving is one of the few things I look forward to so I can ignore my family.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #257 on: November 25, 2006, 06:48:04 PM

I'm sorry. I'd rather watch Detroit than Dallas with Terrell "I Got the Dropsies" Owens.

Rasix

Reply #258 on: November 26, 2006, 01:40:13 PM

Ohh ho ho ho. 142 with points coming.  Even if this doesn't somehow hold up, there's the lock on #1 for me.

Respek.

-Rasix
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #259 on: November 27, 2006, 07:52:53 AM

Fuck, I got HOSED. Joey Harrington has a goddamn career day. Frank Gore and Boldin danced on the defenses they faced. But that would have been beatable, except for Baltimore's D getting 40 FUCKING POINTS. That's money, my friends. Straight cash money. Any other day I might have won that game. Hell, I thought I had a shot. I mean, you've got JOEY HARRINGTON as your #1 QB. WTF? The good news is I won't lose any ground in the standings. With one game to go, I'd have to lose big to get out of the playoffs.

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #260 on: November 27, 2006, 09:02:13 AM

It was a must win game for the Monkies, and they capped it off because the wheels came off the Maulers.

Here's who is in:

1 - The Pigs
2 - Groin Pulls
3 - Evil Ben

Those who have a shot:

1 - P-town
2 - Drunks
3 - Kilts
4 - Saints
5 - Monkies
6 - Achievers

Here's the game breakdown:

Monkies play Gum (#14)
Achievers play Evil Ben (#3)
Saints play Edmund (#13)
P-town play Roosters (#10)
Kilts play Murdocs (#11)
Drunks play Pigs (#1)

It's really going to come down to points to see who gets in because there are going to be a lot of people tied at 7-6. Drunks have the worst chance to win as it stands in the matchups, while the Kilts have the best chance.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #261 on: November 27, 2006, 10:39:53 AM

Time to play spoiler!

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #262 on: November 27, 2006, 12:58:49 PM

Just thought I'd quote this.

Thank the fucking sports Gods for this one.  Oh Plummer how I hate thee.

Not even in the league.  Just needed to be quoted.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #263 on: November 27, 2006, 01:54:15 PM

Drunks have the worst chance to win as it stands in the matchups, while Kilts have the best chance.

Damnit all to hell, could have been in if I had internet access over the weekend and knew McGahee was back turning A-train to a big dud this week, if I had Barber III or Jacobs playing I could have won this week.  Tough week for my QBs.  I rightfully benched Grossman against the NE defense but Phillip didn't do shit against the lowly Raiders, damn Martyball let Rivers play. 

Oh well, next week is gonna be interesting. 
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #264 on: December 02, 2006, 10:49:03 PM

I'll take this moment before the games start tomorrow just to say:

This is gonna be the wildest week of screaming at the television for me until Bowl Season. I need way too many points.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #265 on: December 03, 2006, 06:35:55 PM

Have you tried the internet? It's made out of millions of people missing the point of everything and then getting angry about it
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #266 on: December 04, 2006, 09:13:20 AM

Fuck.

Ok, what the fuck is it about the goddamn Titans D that turns Peyton into a wild ass slinger? He threw too many picks and not enough touchdowns, and had I started Dominic Rhodes, I'd have won. The Titans are about 2-3 players away from being scary good next year. Vince Young is showing he deserved to be picked in the first round. He could use a few receivers around him. Lendale White is going to be a star some day (I think) at least as good as Eddie George in his heyday. That defense has got some serious playmakers on it, or at least playmakers in waiting. They've played the Colts tight both games this season and have had two good comebacks in a row. Watch out for them next year.

The Giants? What can I say about the Giants? They continue to be the least disciplined team coached by a displinarian ever. Whatever he's doing, Coughlin is NOT instilling discipline in this team. Too many false starts, too many stupid fucking penalties. That defensive backfield is a joke, and needs to be scrapped and redone again. I'm not worried about their running game next year, because without Barber, that means Brandon Jacobs becomes their feature guy and he's scary good. They need to play Sinorice Moss more, he's got some serious physical ability.

I watched a bit of Cutler's debut in Denver. He looked like a rookie. He didn't look bad, but he looked like a guy making his first NFL start ever. The good news for Denver was their running game did well. Maybe you can't just plug any runner into that system and have him reach 1000 yards, as Mike Bell has proven. Tatum Bell looked much better early (I only watched the first half as it was getting late). The bad news is they lost. The wild card pictures in both leagues are looking packed.

I lost, but I could still make the playoffs on points, I think.

murdoc
Terracotta Army

Reply #267 on: December 04, 2006, 10:16:11 AM

Yeah, it looks like you'll make the playoffs even with the loss.

DARNIT

Paelos
Contributor

Reply #268 on: December 04, 2006, 10:22:28 AM

Steve Smith has to have 3 TD's and over 220 yards tonight for me to have a shot. I don't see it happening, so I'm probably going to lose getting in on the playoffs by a handful of points.

The Monkies fought hard this season though, from 0-3 in the beginning to over .500 at the end.

Rasix

Reply #269 on: December 04, 2006, 10:25:00 AM

Well, this was as good of a week as any for my team to tank.  Only one player over 10 points and that player had my only TD.  Yeesh.

I scored 100 points more last week.

-Rasix
El Gallo
Terracotta Army

Reply #270 on: December 04, 2006, 06:27:51 PM

I'm confident that Dante Stallworth will pull down the 21 I need.  I mean, he has Jeff Garcia throwing him the ball.

This post makes me want to squeeze into my badass red jeans.
Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #271 on: December 04, 2006, 09:44:46 PM

Well, this was as good of a week as any for my team to tank.  Only one player over 10 points and that player had my only TD.  Yeesh.

I scored 100 points more last week.

Glad my laughing at your misfortune didn't come back to bite me, for this week at least.
shiznitz
Terracotta Army

the plural of mangina

Reply #272 on: December 05, 2006, 08:20:39 AM

I'm confident that Dante Stallworth will pull down the 21 I need.  I mean, he has Jeff Garcia throwing him the ball.

He got close, of course, since I benched him in the league I have him and lost 10. Still made the playoffs in both my other leagues, though.  I will reiterate that picking #1 sucks and I don't want to do that again. Oh why oh why did I not take LD?!

I have never played WoW.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #273 on: December 05, 2006, 08:21:43 AM

Fuck, that Panthers/Eagles game was shitty shit shit shit to watch. It was painful. Is it just me, or is the quality of play this year really down? There were so many goddamn punts and so many plays that were just nothing plays. It wasn't like either defense was stifling or giving the QB pressure or anything, the offenses just weren't clicking on either team. The Panthers have looked all year like a team that doesn't know what the fuck to do from play to play. John Fox doesn't seem to know whether he wants to run the ball or pass the ball, and doesn't commit to either. I think maybe adding Keyshawn gave them the confidence to pass more, but he isn't catching the ball like he should and Steve Smith is being relied on too much again. DeShaun Foster is never going to be a great feature back because he's too damn fragile. DeAngelo Williams could be I think, especially after seeing him last night, but he's still raw and that O Line is pretty bad. They have no cohesion.

The Panthers D was pretty bad as well, though. Their corners blew some plays really badly. Hell, that 51-yarder to Stallworth should have either not happened (because the defender was with him the whole way) or should have been a pass interference as Marshall should have just leveled Stallworth instead of letting him make that kind of grab. He'd have saved about 10-15 yards had he done that. Sometimes you SHOULD foul a guy.

I'm in the playoffs, though! Now if Dungy will just keep playing Peyton, I might actually win.

Rasix

Reply #274 on: December 05, 2006, 08:45:59 AM

At least the Eagles looked like they wanted to win the game.  Last time out at Indy they looked completely dejected and just didn't seem like they cared whether they won or lost.  That defense was just listless and got ran the fuck over by a rookie.  It was nice to see them doing something and making some plays in the fourth quarter.  They're still soft though and have a terrible linebacking core (wtf is up with Trotter?).

Man.. you never pack it in when you've got something close to a winning record in the conference of mediocrity.  A wild card team could easily be 8-8 or worse.

-Rasix
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #275 on: December 06, 2006, 07:32:07 AM

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #276 on: December 11, 2006, 08:18:22 AM

It appears that I might squeak by with a win this week. I don't imagine Torry Holt can pull off 20 points against a Bears' D, no matter how many interceptions Rex Grossman throws. It just ain't happening.

Boy did the Colts look like total shit yesterday. All the receivers got the dropsies, the defense can't fucking stop ANYBODY and that's because they can't tackle anyone. I swear there were few running plays where the Jags back didn't break at least two tackles. Jones-Drew just lit them the fuck up. It didn't matter who was in the backfield, Pearman, Taylor or Jones-Drew, the Indy line and linebackers could stop stuff the run. Corey Simon where art thou? Actually, I think the Colts are missing not only Simon but Bob Sanders as well. As a hard-hitting safety, he's the kind of guy you can count on to be the 8th man in the box that can bring some hurting and I don't think Bethea can do that. The Colts should have been doing nothing but 8 and 9-man fronts as badly as they were getting pushed off the ball, but I don't think it would have mattered since they couldn't bring the backs down anyway. The Colts needed to make Garrard beat them, and they didn't.

The Giants, OTOH, looked good while the Panthers just looked lost. I'm going to go ahead and blame the shitty state of the Panthers this year on Dan Henning. His offensive scheme has no identity. It fiddle-farts around with all kinds of stuff without settling on anything. The Panthers are best when they are a ball control offense with some occasional vertical threat in Smith. They don't have either, because the run game never gets established and the passing game has nothing to freeze the DB's. They are just listless and predictable. They don't do nearly enough of sending Keyshawn over the middle of the field, choosing to send him on deep or vertical routes, and he's better over the middle. He doesn't drop the ball as much on crossing routes. Send Smith deep (or that kid Carter) and let Keyshawn be what he is, a great possession receiver. The Giants didn't play great, but they played well enough to beat this team.

The Chargers are my pick to go to the Super Bowl. They have the offense to beat a tough D like the Ravens. They have the D to hang with if not overpower any offense in the conference. Shit, they barely throw TD's to their wideouts and STILL score 48 points against a supposedly good Denver D. Hint: Denver's D is not that great. They can stop the run but are weak against the pass deep. I still think Champ Bailey is overrated, very susceptible to getting beat deep. Short routes he's all over, but flat out running or quick cut routes past 15 yards and he's left behind. Darrent Williams is even more susceptible to it. San Diego just picked them apart last night.

Also, the Saints are for realz, y0. I kept expecting them to fold up the tent and piss away the season, but after beating Dallas that badly, they are a credible #2 maybe even #1 seed in the NFC. Their D is much better than I thought it would be and their offense is just scary good. The Dallas D has held the Colts to under 25 points (14 I think), and manhandled other units and New Orleans just flat ran them out of their own building. They MIGHT be able to beat the Bears. MIGHT. No one else in the conference, and I mean no one, can match up to the Saints or the Bears without some serious luck. Which means come playoff time, they'll likely get blown the fuck out by someone with a good scheme.

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #277 on: December 12, 2006, 07:26:51 AM

TOR-RY HOLT! TOR-RY HOLT!
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #278 on: December 12, 2006, 08:59:39 AM

FUCKING BEARS. Can't even manage to stop Torry Fucking Holt. I mean, 1 less TD and I'm through. Motherfucker.

Zetleft
Terracotta Army

Reply #279 on: December 12, 2006, 11:38:44 AM

Wow Bulgers TDs had me worried that it would give shock enough points to beat me, luckily chitown D edged out the win for me by less then 2 points.  I don't think I can survive next week getting negative points from Barber though.  So now its rematch time RASIX, I'm liking my chances.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Sports / Fantasy Sports  |  Topic: Free Yahoo! Fantasy Football 2006  
Jump to: