Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:03:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Marvel Zombies 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Marvel Zombies  (Read 6715 times)
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

on: June 03, 2006, 10:50:09 PM

I'm not normally a comic book reader, but I picked up the first issue of this (five parts, pretty tiny overall) and was hooked.  Its stupid alternate universe stuff in one sense, but damn...haven't you ever wished your favorite superheroes would eat their annoying sidekicks/families?  I'd definitely recommend this just for the amusement factor. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1 on: June 03, 2006, 11:10:43 PM

Hardcover comes out in August.  TPB comes out a week or so before, but it's only a couple bucks cheaper.  Interesting book, and it sold well enough that Marvel is planning a sequel to it.  I was a little disappointed when I first read it, not because it was bad but just because it wasn't what I was expecting.  I've always thought some cool stuff could be done mixing the zombie and superhero genres, but Kirkman ends up playing a lot of it for laughs.
gimpyone
Terracotta Army

Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 11:36:47 AM

I thought it was funny.  I'm not sure I approve of killing the Surfer though.  0.0 DPS
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 11:57:08 AM

The hell? He has the Power Cosmic. The Surfer does not die. He owns everyone and everything in the Marvel Universe (even Galactus).

Or this like one of those Peter Porker things?
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 01:55:56 PM

A bunch of zombie heroes teamed up and ate him, giving them the Power Cosmic.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 05:38:46 PM

Who the hell are you? GET HIM!

I am so buying this in hardback.
Raging Turtle
Terracotta Army

Reply #6 on: September 11, 2006, 12:19:01 PM

Ordered this recently from Amazon.

... Really bad.  Really, really bad.  The art is mostly terrible and the writing is just as bad.  It reads like it was written by a 14 year old.   tongue
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 04:57:03 PM

Bump. I just read this, it was bad.

The plot was juvenile and nonsensical. They couldn't keep even the most barebones plot straight. In the one-shot it's some virus that Mageneto and his crew brought to earth, then it morphs into something else entirely.

The thing is played way too much for laughs, and the plot is incredibly thin. Basically if you read the first 4 pages you read the whole thing, because the rest is just the same scene repeated over and over.

I also read surrounding issues like the Ultimate FF, the Ash vs Marvel Zombies, etc. The Ultimate FF wasn't too bad, it wasn't really played for laughs, I liked the art style and the zombies were kind of freaky and sinister. There was an actual plot (instead of "in this issue some people get eaten again!") and central characters - actual protaganists.

The Ash stuff was just god awful, they tried to capture his character just be repeating his stock phrases, as if that by itself makes it both authentic and funny.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Cim
Terracotta Army

Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 06:44:45 PM

Thank goodness I read this before buying it, I was kind of excited because the cover looked cool. 

Theres a place on your face that can save the human race, its called a smile, the positivity that it creates takes awhile, but the grin will turn an inch into a mile.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 07:00:46 PM

Yeah. Pretty awful stuff. I bought an issue a while back and couldn't bring myself to finish the second half.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #10 on: June 22, 2008, 10:04:38 PM

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

just quick pun. I picked it up from my friend's book shelf, gave it a read and laughed like hell.

'dude this shit's good for laugh'
'no kidding, too bad the plot's kinda light. no meat to it.' he grumbled.
'...ofcourse. they ate em all up  awesome, for real ' i chortled.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Marvel Zombies  
Jump to: