Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:39:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Television thread 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Television thread  (Read 502690 times)
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2310 on: September 03, 2008, 02:53:27 PM

They've been pimping it (and the rest of their Fall lineup) all Summer on FOX.
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #2311 on: September 03, 2008, 03:30:35 PM

Mad Men.

Holy fuck, this is what all TV should be like.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2312 on: September 03, 2008, 04:52:08 PM

Prison Break (S4), 09/08

Jumped the shark in series 3 when a major character turned into a severed head in a box (it even had someone else's face on freeze frame, because the actor was fired from the show). But having watched three seasons of painfully drawn-out cliffhangers, I'm going to lose an hour a week again.

I love me some Prison Break, i don't know why.  This season started out pretty good and there's a reason for a different head in the box.
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #2313 on: September 03, 2008, 07:44:52 PM

The Shield was kick-ass last night.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2314 on: September 03, 2008, 08:11:16 PM

OH HAY.

Entourage (S5), 09/07
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles (S2), 09/8
Prison Break (S4), 09/08
Fringe (New), 09/09

It begins!

Looking forward to True Blood here (the 8th?). There's kind of a lack of supernatural shows atm...and now an HBO one? Sign me up!
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2315 on: September 03, 2008, 08:13:19 PM

So was Buffy really that big hit of a show?

I've been watching the Buffy seasons... for the first time, and not very impressed.

The first couple seasons were ok, then it just gets harder and harder to watch.  I've been struggling to get through season 6. 

Is Angel a better series?

Angel's definitely better..and funnier. I stuck with Buffy pretty much for Spike, I guess. He ends up making Angel an even better series later on too.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2316 on: September 03, 2008, 08:18:55 PM

Yeah I just got through the first Season of Angel and I definitely like it better then Buffy so far.

Ya Spike is a great character, I like James Marsters. 

I got stalled on season 6 of Buffy.. I just can't keep going.  lol.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #2317 on: September 03, 2008, 08:25:00 PM

No honestly, i thought it was done for. I am very excited and will spread the news to my si-fi night buddy's.

Damnit, know one aknowledges my witty jokes.

That being said, I'm really glad its coming back to, even with 90210 boy.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2318 on: September 04, 2008, 06:20:24 AM

Thick scots accent.  lol.

You have got to get me on the phone.

It's gotten better since the pilot. Maybe it was just bad sound mixing, but it he was tough to understand in the pilot. That video though? Are those even words?

The Scottish Dolmio chaps are pretty much perfect Glaswegian.  Yes, I can sound like that.  Yes, It makes WoW Raiding hard.

Except for 'Shut it the fucking lot of yeez'.  I use that a lot.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2319 on: September 04, 2008, 07:27:53 AM

Buffy was just okay in the beginning.  Spike started turning into a big pussy eventually.  Angel was maybe a bit better but they both eventually turned into a load of tired old shitey shite.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2320 on: September 04, 2008, 03:44:44 PM

Buffy was just okay in the beginning.  Spike started turning into a big pussy eventually.  Angel was maybe a bit better but they both eventually turned into a load of tired old shitey shite.

I never thought either show was much good to begin with.  Too much "witty" banter and oh so smarmy characters shitting up what could have been a very cool pair of scary shows.

But Whedon loves his witty dialogue. 

It also shit up Alien Resurrection.

Its why whenever I hear about how great Firefly was supposed to be I tend to roll my eyes.  Nothing else the guy has done has been worth a shit, how would this be any difference?

If the success of it and the movie are anything to go by, the answer is "ITS NOT".
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2321 on: September 04, 2008, 04:53:57 PM

Uh, witty is pretty much a given. Not sure why you say it's too much or bother expecting something else, when that's exactly what his schtick is all about. I mean, shit, it's called Buffy the Vampire Slayer for crissakes.  smiley
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #2322 on: September 04, 2008, 05:00:25 PM

I'll confess to being a sucker for the witty banter. It's one of things that makes the last episode pretty cool. After a couple grim seasons with a whole lotta angst, there is a brief return to their old high school selves.

Of course I also like Psych, so clearly I am pro-banter.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #2323 on: September 04, 2008, 05:44:41 PM

Uh, witty is pretty much a given. Not sure why you say it's too much or bother expecting something else, when that's exactly what his schtick is all about. I mean, shit, it's called Buffy the Vampire Slayer for crissakes.  smiley

He writes all his characters the same.  Every one.  They all deliver lines and jokes in the same snarky tone, and use the same speech patterns.  And he needs to give the whole "dark reluctant hero" schtick a fucking rest.  And he needed to not rip off Farscape so badly when he came up with Firefly.

Except for Adam Baldwin as Jayne.  He's  DRILLING AND MANLINESS
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #2324 on: September 04, 2008, 05:46:12 PM

He's like Tarentino that way (all the dialogue is the same) but I'll grant, the type of dialogue he settled on isn't nearly as annoying.

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2325 on: September 05, 2008, 09:02:16 AM

They've been pimping it (and the rest of their Fall lineup) all Summer on FOX.

I don't watch TV  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

Uh, being fans of both. Farscape and firefly, have little in common.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
schild
Administrator

Reply #2326 on: September 05, 2008, 09:03:57 AM

No one acknowledged it because my "You know it" was supposed to be the same joke. Let's be friends in our misery. Failures of humor unite. Untie!
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #2327 on: September 07, 2008, 04:11:43 PM

Be sure to watch Hole in the Wall on Fox tonight. A show where people try to jump through foam walls via people-shaped holes.

No I'm not joking.  swamp poop

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2328 on: September 07, 2008, 04:15:06 PM

Be sure to watch Hole in the Wall on Fox tonight. A show where people try to jump through foam walls via people-shaped holes.

No I'm not joking.  swamp poop

Yet another thing stolen from the Japanese.  Human Tetris
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2329 on: September 08, 2008, 08:17:40 AM

They should have left it in fucking Japan. It's worth about one YouTube viewing and that's it. Or at least named it something other than Fucking Hole in the Wall.

Suggested title: Glory Hole

Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2330 on: September 08, 2008, 02:17:19 PM

Haha.. well if you notice on that clip.. that shit's on it's 20th Anniversary.  I mean they seriously found a way to make that crap last 20 years? 

Mind you.. the first couple of vids I watched it was hillarious.  More for the reactions of the players then anything else.
Grand Design
Terracotta Army

Reply #2331 on: September 08, 2008, 03:50:08 PM

Mad Men.

An extremely well done show that suffers from not being picked up by HBO, who passed.  Instead, its on AMC.  Frankly, I'm glad HBO passed because they probably would have pushed Weiner to make it 'sexier' and its perfect the way it is now.

How can a show about 60's advertising executives be interesting?  Watch a couple of episodes - I can't really put it into words.  One episode in particular (Red in the Face?) was just superb. 

Unfortunately, I didn't Netflix it until season two had begun, so I'm stuck in limbo until its released on DVD.

Tonight.  Terminator.  Be there.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 03:52:28 PM by Grand Design »
Nevermore
Terracotta Army

Reply #2332 on: September 08, 2008, 08:52:11 PM

Mad Men.

An extremely well done show that suffers from not being picked up by HBO, who passed.  Instead, its on AMC.  Frankly, I'm glad HBO passed because they probably would have pushed Weiner to make it 'sexier' and its perfect the way it is now.

How can a show about 60's advertising executives be interesting?  Watch a couple of episodes - I can't really put it into words.  One episode in particular (Red in the Face?) was just superb. 

Unfortunately, I didn't Netflix it until season two had begun, so I'm stuck in limbo until its released on DVD.

It's interesting because of all the subtleties going on.  I for one am very glad it wasn't picked up by HBO because I wouldn't be able to watch it if it had been.

Sort of like how I can't watch True Blood.  That makes me a  Sad Panda

Over and out.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2333 on: September 08, 2008, 09:50:15 PM

They should have left it in fucking Japan. It's worth about one YouTube viewing and that's it. Or at least named it something other than Fucking Hole in the Wall.

Suggested title: Glory Hole

Holy crap.. the prize is up to $125k for that show.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2334 on: September 09, 2008, 06:20:23 AM

So. Time Warner moved UniHD. While it's nice to have a shitload more HD channels (kinda, when did the learning channel turn into the LCD channel), on Saturday I noticed BSG running. Put it on and they're talking about Starbuck's return. Motherfucker, looks like I got fucked on the new season in HD. Probably get fucked for Atlantis, too. Bleh.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Television thread  
Jump to: