Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:39:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Television thread 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Television thread  (Read 502691 times)
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2275 on: August 25, 2008, 11:38:09 AM

Speaking of TMNT, they're airing the most recent TMNT movie on hbo/sho/evs. I got sucked in by the animation, it was phenomenal. Movie was lame, but I watched the whole thing because the animation was just that good.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2276 on: August 25, 2008, 12:46:55 PM

Speaking of TMNT, they're airing the most recent TMNT movie on hbo/sho/evs. I got sucked in by the animation, it was phenomenal. Movie was lame, but I watched the whole thing because the animation was just that good.

I kind of liked it, but I wish they would have gone full tilt TMNT instead of the more kidified version.
WayAbvPar

Reply #2277 on: August 25, 2008, 02:57:08 PM

I wanted to kiss Captain Patterson full on the lips last night for his actions during the football game. It is so fucking depressing that those asshats are actually real people with real responsibilities in the military.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2278 on: August 25, 2008, 04:18:30 PM

It was fucking good finale. I didn't quite the football game though, was it just soldiers who were all really stressed out and upset finding some outlet for their emotions? Definitely the impression I got with Ray and Rudi but have I just forgotten something else that went on to explain the Capt.? Also Godfather's explanation at the end for not shitcanning Capt. America put things in perspective somewhat for why the obvious moves don't always get made. The whole thing was a brilliant piece of television.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #2279 on: August 25, 2008, 05:00:10 PM

Patterson knows that Encino Man is a total moron and got tired of his BS regarding how great he is and how lousy Alpha Company was. In the book it was actually a race where he saw Encino Man body check some enlisted guys during a race because he knew he was going to lose.  Patterson didn't punch him but he did tackle him and put him in a headlock.

The whole series was great and I highly recommend the book. I was so happy they included the "I'm running serpentine!" scene as that is one of my favorites from the book.

BTW, Captain America was promoted to a prestigious position after the period shown in the show.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2280 on: August 25, 2008, 05:04:25 PM

I missed something.

What show is this?
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #2281 on: August 25, 2008, 05:28:03 PM

Generation Kill.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
MrHat
Terracotta Army

Out of the frying pan, into the fire.

Reply #2282 on: August 25, 2008, 05:41:06 PM

Cool.
NowhereMan
Terracotta Army

Reply #2283 on: August 25, 2008, 05:49:41 PM

BTW, Captain America was promoted to a prestigious position after the period shown in the show.

Well his uncle is a full bird colonel Ohhhhh, I see.

Though that makes me wonder, I presume most of the people this is about have read the book and now get to see their lives put up on the small screen. I wonder what this is going to be like if you're someone like Capt. America, especially if he's still in the Marines.

"Look at my car. Do you think that was bought with the earnest love of geeks?" - HaemishM
WayAbvPar

Reply #2284 on: August 26, 2008, 08:00:57 AM

The whole series was great and I highly recommend the book. I was so happy they included the "I'm running serpentine!" scene as that is one of my favorites from the book.

I ordered it yesterday.

Every time anyone runs away from gunfire onscreen I always say "Serpentine!". I can't believe he actually quoted "The In-Laws" though. That was awesome.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #2285 on: August 27, 2008, 02:46:48 PM

By the way, I'm also currently watching the fourth season of Alias. It's friggin' amazing!!!!

Heart everyone in that series, bad guys, good guys, whatever. Total kneeling fanboi.

That is all.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2286 on: August 27, 2008, 07:00:43 PM

So was Buffy really that big hit of a show?

I've been watching the Buffy seasons... for the first time, and not very impressed.

The first couple seasons were ok, then it just gets harder and harder to watch.  I've been struggling to get through season 6. 

Is Angel a better series?
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #2287 on: August 27, 2008, 07:07:59 PM

I've been watching the Buffy seasons... for the first time, and not very impressed.

The first couple seasons were ok, then it just gets harder and harder to watch.  I've been struggling to get through season 6. 

Is Angel a better series?

Yes.  Sometimes it delves into childish realms, but it is a LOT more dark and gritty.  I wouldn't put it up there with Firefly, but its worth the 20 bucks I spent on Amazon to get all 5 seasons.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #2288 on: August 27, 2008, 07:20:42 PM

"Fucking robot got grease all over my dress"

I'm going to miss Venture Bros.  Seriously, it better not be another 3 year layoff.

I think the original layoff after the first season was because Cartoon Network wasn't sure they wanted to renew it or not. They dicked around for about a year on whether or not to renew, so when they finally did, it took them a while to make new episodes. But they renewed for season 2 and 3 at the same time, which is why the two seasons came so close together.

How the hell they couldn't make up their minds to renew or not I'll never figure out. That show is just a gem.

The problem is the numbers.  Endless repeats of Family Guy seem to do better than everything else on Adult Swim,

Venture Brothers are one of the two things on the channel worth watching, the other being Shin Chan.

Neither one seems to hit the top 3 in their "Numbers Game" ratings updates very often.

The premiere episode for the latest season of Venture did pretty big numbers.  Also, on adultswim.com generally Venture is hitting 500,000+ views.

Metalocalypse is a pretty solid show as well.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #2289 on: August 27, 2008, 07:52:29 PM

Venture Brothers is pretty much the only show I watch off Cartoon Network nowadays.

Trippy
Administrator

Reply #2290 on: August 28, 2008, 12:27:41 AM

It was for the WB which isn't saying a whole lot when you compare it to all the all the network broadcast shows at the time. It did have a very loyal viewing audience and the show generated a lot of "buzz" (e.g. for "Hush" and "Once More With Feeling") even though not that many people watched it.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2291 on: August 28, 2008, 03:36:18 AM

Generation Kill is amazing.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2292 on: August 28, 2008, 07:46:18 AM

So BBC America started their new (for America) sci-fi show Primeval.

Not terrible. Looks like it may have an interesting subplot to string together the monster of the week plots. I found it kind of hard to understand the thick Scots accent of the main character, and I usually don't have a problem with that. But the show's been decent enough to muddle through. For you UK folks who might have seen it, does it build to something decent?

Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #2293 on: August 28, 2008, 04:03:06 PM

So BBC America started their new (for America) sci-fi show Primeval.

Not terrible. Looks like it may have an interesting subplot to string together the monster of the week plots. I found it kind of hard to understand the thick Scots accent of the main character, and I usually don't have a problem with that. But the show's been decent enough to muddle through. For you UK folks who might have seen it, does it build to something decent?

STOP WATCHING PRIMEVAL NOW!  It is awful shit.

I wish I could have those hours back.

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #2294 on: August 29, 2008, 01:48:21 AM

Thick scots accent.  lol.

You have got to get me on the phone.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Oban
Terracotta Army

Reply #2295 on: August 29, 2008, 03:11:28 AM

Palin 2012 : Let's go out with a bang!
schild
Administrator

Reply #2296 on: August 29, 2008, 03:12:25 AM

I liked primeval. It was total trash, but I liked it. Both seasons.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #2297 on: August 29, 2008, 11:49:40 AM

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes and all.  Its no Battlestar Galactica, but its fun and entertaining enough.

Plus, hottie dancing around in her underwear because she "needs to keep her apartment warm for the little dinosaur she is keeping as a pet".

We can't have cold dinosaurs now can we?  It wouldn't be civilized!
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #2298 on: August 29, 2008, 12:07:07 PM

Well, maybe we'll all eventually find a game we'll want to play together and Ironwood can shout at us on TS  We'll make him guild leader for a laugh.  I'll lol at all the "what?"  "what did he say?"  complaints.  Shit, I get it on TS and I don't have any sort of accent at all! 

Ironwood will make you all cry. 

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #2299 on: August 30, 2008, 01:28:10 PM

Thick scots accent.  lol.

You have got to get me on the phone.

It's gotten better since the pilot. Maybe it was just bad sound mixing, but it he was tough to understand in the pilot. That video though? Are those even words?

Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #2300 on: August 31, 2008, 02:37:02 PM

It's gotten better since the pilot. Maybe it was just bad sound mixing, but it he was tough to understand in the pilot. That video though? Are those even words?

I understand every word. Southern US accents on the other hand, can be incomprehensible. Reminds me of when my mother, a Scottish teacher who speaks fluent French and emigrated to Australia, was told she couldn't possibly be allowed to teach French "because you have an accent" ... by Australians.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #2301 on: September 02, 2008, 07:30:38 AM

Our high school had an Italian French teacher. He was seriously old world. They used to do a class trip to France. I used to imagine all these French people wondering who these assholes were, Americans speaking French with a heavy Italian accent.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2302 on: September 03, 2008, 10:55:54 AM

OH HAY.

Entourage (S5), 09/07
Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles (S2), 09/8
Prison Break (S4), 09/08
Fringe (New), 09/09

It begins!

Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2303 on: September 03, 2008, 12:01:07 PM

Its back?

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
schild
Administrator

Reply #2304 on: September 03, 2008, 12:01:45 PM

You know it.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #2305 on: September 03, 2008, 12:07:45 PM

Huh, looks like I may be missing Entourage this year.  No big loss.

-Rasix
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #2306 on: September 03, 2008, 01:40:29 PM

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Tale
Terracotta Army

sıɥʇ ǝʞıן sʞןɐʇ

Reply #2307 on: September 03, 2008, 02:00:09 PM

Prison Break (S4), 09/08

Jumped the shark in series 3 when a major character turned into a severed head in a box (it even had someone else's face on freeze frame, because the actor was fired from the show). But having watched three seasons of painfully drawn-out cliffhangers, I'm going to lose an hour a week again.
schild
Administrator

Reply #2308 on: September 03, 2008, 02:46:44 PM

I don't like Prison Break. Not even halfway through the first season I bugged out. I figured someone else here cared.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #2309 on: September 03, 2008, 02:48:08 PM

No honestly, i thought it was done for. I am very excited and will spread the news to my si-fi night buddy's.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Television thread  
Jump to: