Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:55:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Ironman- The Movie 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ironman- The Movie  (Read 130118 times)
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: August 19, 2007, 10:34:01 PM

I DEMAND Crimson Dynamo and Titanium Man show up in a movie!  Hey the Russians are heading back to 'bad guy' territory again, why not?

I hate the Mandarin "Oh look I have magic fucking rings!".
Except the Mandarin's rings aren't actually magic, but REALLY advanced alien technology that he disguises as magic to fool the locals / enhance his mistique.

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
Tannhauser
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: August 20, 2007, 09:05:14 PM

Hmm calls himself MANdarin, wears rings and a fruity robe.

Methinks 'he' is trying too hard.

Did those aliens also give him poor fashion sense?
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #107 on: September 05, 2007, 09:08:58 PM

The official trailer apparently is coming soon.  Favreau posted this up on his MySpace page it seems:

For those of you who have been Jonesing to see the Comic Con footage, we now an official teaser trailer that incorporates much of the same imagery. Paramount is debuting the piece in its entirety across the Viacom Network's highest rated programs. The first appearance will be immediately before the Hills on MTV on 9/10. I've listed the schedule of other slots that Paramount marketing has sent me below.

A hi-res version will appear on Apple.com/trailers on 9/11 for those of you who, for whatever reason, choose not to TiVo The Hills.

Comedy Central: The Daily Show 10-Sep
MTV: The Hills 10-Sep (the break leading into the show)
Spike TV : CSI 11-Sep
VH1: The Rock Life 10-Sep
BET: Baldwin Hills 11-Sep
CMT : Trick My Truck 10-Sep
Logo : Rick & Steve 11-Sep
MTV2: Room 401 10-Sep
NAN : Fresh Prince 10-Sep
The N: Fresh Prince 11-Sep
TV Land: Andy Griffith 11-Sep
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #108 on: September 10, 2007, 12:58:18 PM

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/ironman/

Apple jumped the gun, HD trailer is up.   :-D

It's main from the Comic-con footage.  This movie is gonna be awesome though.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 01:05:18 PM by Evildrider »
Fordel
Terracotta Army

Reply #109 on: September 11, 2007, 12:13:18 AM

That is easily one of the best movie trailers I have ever seen. It does exactly what it's supposed to do, make me want to watch the movie, watch it right now, even pay for overpriced popcorn!

and the gate is like I TOO AM CAPABLE OF SPEECH
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #110 on: September 11, 2007, 12:44:15 AM

This is the first Marvel movie I'm actually anxious to see since... hell, the first Spider-man movie really.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #111 on: September 11, 2007, 01:21:34 AM

Yeah, I'd like to reiterate the 'Fuck Me' I gave some moments ago.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: September 11, 2007, 10:22:33 AM

Robert Downey Jr. was a superb pick for Tony Stark.  At least he managed to stay sober during the filming it seems.   :-D
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #113 on: September 11, 2007, 10:39:55 AM

I hope not, that would put him totally out of character.

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Riggswolfe
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: September 11, 2007, 01:22:21 PM

I am still on the fence. The trailer had awesome moments mixed with something that looked like a GOP Rawr"This is how to be a man and win the Iraq war"rawr type of feel to it.

"We live in a country, where John Lennon takes six bullets in the chest, Yoko Ono was standing right next to him and not one fucking bullet! Explain that to me! Explain that to me, God! Explain it to me, God!" - Denis Leary summing up my feelings about the nature of the universe.
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: September 11, 2007, 02:03:37 PM

The rock as warmachine.

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #116 on: September 11, 2007, 02:16:49 PM

That trailer was fucking awesome.

I liked his blatant warmongering and alcoholism.  Shows they're staying true to character :P

Agree that Robert Downey Jr looks perfect in the part.

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
LK
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: September 11, 2007, 05:10:03 PM

The rock as warmachine.

YES.

He's been doing nothing but pansy-ass shit lately.  Granted, I love the guy, but he hasn't been utilized in something really cool.  Just generic shit.

"Then there's the double-barreled shotgun from Doom 2 - no-one within your entire household could be of any doubt that it's been fired because it sounds like God slamming a door on his fingers." - Yahtzee Croshaw
Teleku
Terracotta Army

https://i.imgur.com/mcj5kz7.png

Reply #118 on: September 11, 2007, 06:42:53 PM

Isn't warmachine black?

"My great-grandfather did not travel across four thousand miles of the Atlantic Ocean to see this nation overrun by immigrants.  He did it because he killed a man back in Ireland. That's the rumor."
-Stephen Colbert
Xerapis
Contributor

Reply #119 on: September 11, 2007, 06:57:31 PM

According to IMDB, Terrence Howard is playing Jim Rhodes (War Machine squishy center).

Got any source on that Rock thing?  Or was it just wishful thinking?

..I want to see gamma rays. I want to hear x-rays. I want to...smell dark matter...and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me...
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: September 12, 2007, 12:54:45 AM

I am still on the fence. The trailer had awesome moments mixed with something that looked like a GOP Rawr"This is how to be a man and win the Iraq war"rawr type of feel to it.
#

Saw a trailer and interview last night that suggests they've remade Invasion of the Bodysnatchers, except instead of being about Communism, it's about Paedophiles.

You got off lucky if Iron Man is only about Winning The Quagmire in Iraq.

:)

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #121 on: September 13, 2007, 12:29:36 PM

Awesome trailer. I knew this would be something good.
WindupAtheist
Army of One

Badicalthon

Reply #122 on: September 13, 2007, 07:01:26 PM

I didn't give a shit about this character or movie until I saw that trailer.  That looks awesome.

"You're just a dick who quotes himself in his sig."  --  Schild
"Yeah, it's pretty awesome."  --  Me
schild
Administrator

Reply #123 on: September 23, 2007, 07:26:22 AM

Saw the trailer before RE3 today.

Man, Robert Downy Jr in a suit sucks. I prefer him just gabbing on screen. I'll probably just watch Kiss Kiss Bang Bang the night this shit premiers.

Any chance of the movie being good was ruined by the blaring of "Iron Man." Fuck, how cheesy and predictable. I want the person who picked to put that in the movie let alone the God Damn trailer to be stricken with leprosy.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #124 on: September 23, 2007, 10:36:15 AM

Dude. Shut the fuck up.  You're going to like this. smiley
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #125 on: September 24, 2007, 11:38:05 AM

Wait, you went to go see RE3 and you are dissing Iron Man? 

There's just something wrong with that.   :-D
schild
Administrator

Reply #126 on: September 24, 2007, 11:46:31 AM

I knew what I was getting into with RE3.

I did not expect the Iron Man people to ruin the movie so easily.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: September 24, 2007, 12:32:22 PM

So this movie sucks, because they used the song Iron Man in the trailer... that's pretty much what we are getting from you.
schild
Administrator

Reply #128 on: September 24, 2007, 12:34:48 PM

You didn't cringe? I most definitely wanted to vomit.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #129 on: September 24, 2007, 12:45:50 PM

I like that song.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mrbloodworth
Terracotta Army

Reply #130 on: September 24, 2007, 12:54:13 PM

According to IMDB, Terrence Howard is playing Jim Rhodes (War Machine squishy center).

Got any source on that Rock thing?  Or was it just wishful thinking?

It was a suggestion :-D

Today's How-To: Scrambling a Thread to the Point of Incoherence in Only One Post with MrBloodworth . - schild
www.mrbloodworthproductions.com  www.amuletsbymerlin.com
Pennilenko
Terracotta Army

Reply #131 on: September 24, 2007, 01:03:03 PM

Hehe, you cats are all really, really, strange. It feels good to know that I'm not alone.

"See?  All of you are unique.  And special.  Like fucking snowflakes."  -- Signe
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #132 on: September 24, 2007, 01:15:46 PM

I thought it was great they grabbed the original version of Iron Man, which is a great tune and perfectly fitting, and didn't either go with genericmoviescore_01 or have some angsty young pop band cover it. When IM comes out of that bunker in the old crappy first gen suit, looking all Clint Eastwood in Fistful of Dollars (iirc, the bullet-proof vest bit) and Sabbath cranking in the background?

Schild hates freedom.
Evildrider
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: September 24, 2007, 01:21:30 PM

You didn't cringe? I most definitely wanted to vomit.

No, I didn't even blink.. as it was just an obvious choice.  I mean if you would have preferred like a Britney Spears pop tune or something.. I guess I can see your point.   :-D
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #134 on: September 26, 2007, 04:06:49 PM

Sometimes I wonder if every 100 breaths Schild just starts ranting about how this air tastes like shit.

For serious though, that does sound kind of hokey but hardly movie ruining.  Also Downey in a suit is bothersome how?

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: September 26, 2007, 07:19:22 PM

I'm not a big fan of the Marvel movies, but Iron Man is going to rock! Yes, the Black Sabbath didn't quite fit as well as I think the people who made the trailer thought it did in their heads, but the Filter song in the first half worked. And the very end where Iron Man kicks on the boosters and breaks the sound barrier is cool too. Really, they could have just shown that and the jets, and I would have been happy. 

Tony Stark doesn't take shit from anyone and when Al-Qaeda steps on his dick, he builds an Iron Man suit so he can skull fuck them into oblivion. I can't help being excited about this movie. If that's the equivalent of me pissing in anyone's cereal, then I hope they have a big bowl.  tongue (I mean that in the nicest way possible)

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Grublet
Terracotta Army

Reply #136 on: September 26, 2007, 07:38:44 PM

I thought Ghost Rider would make a kick ass movie.

Then I saw it.

I thought Iron Man would make a kick ass movie.

I'll wait for DVD.
stu
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: September 26, 2007, 07:41:56 PM

Ghost Rider was made by the same guy who did Daredevil. Those flicks were doomed from the start. Jon Favreau is always cool.

Dear Diary,
Jackpot!
Grublet
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: September 26, 2007, 07:44:26 PM

Jon Favreau is always cool.

He was in Rudy.

Need I say more?
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #139 on: September 26, 2007, 07:50:36 PM

I thought Ghost Rider would make a kick ass movie.

Then I saw it.

I thought Iron Man would make a kick ass movie.

I'll wait for DVD.

There have only been a little over a dozen good Ghost Rider comics.  They were all at the end of the series with Johnny Blaze... back in the early 80's... and were mostly good because the Ghost Rider was evil.  The potential for making a shitty Ghost Rider movie was pretty high from the start.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: Ironman- The Movie  
Jump to: