Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:12:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Indigo Prophecy on Steam 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Indigo Prophecy on Steam  (Read 5446 times)
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

on: May 16, 2006, 10:58:38 AM

The title gives the important bit.  Most of the article is about how Atari is trying to avoid death, not about how the Hitler robots are helping them.

Source: Gamasutra

In addition, the company announced a pricing program called GamersFIRST, which will begin on June 1st and will include a new price point of $19.99 on all existing Atari console titles for PS2, Xbox, and Game Boy Advance as well as all existing Windows titles (excluding the recently launched Dungeons & Dragons Online). Additionally, all Windows titles included in the program will be available for immediate download via Valve's Steam service and IGN's Direct2Drive, also for $19.99. Titles offered in the on-going GamersFirst program include Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi, Driver: Parallel Lines, Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure, and the award-winning Indigo Prophecy.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Yoru

the y master, king of bourbon

Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 11:14:27 AM

Oh hell yes. I've been meaning to pick up a copy of Indigo Prophecy, now I don't even have to leave my cube? Fantastic.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 11:16:04 AM

But Schild said it's better on a console.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 11:27:05 AM

I guess your big decision is:
A) sit on your ass, download it, and use K+M or pad to play
2) go to <store />, wait in line to buy it, bring it home, rip off that damned wrapper, boot SO off of TV, and play it as God intended

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Lum
Developers

Hellfire Games

Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 12:02:08 PM

Playing it with a gamepad is indistinguishable from a console.
schild
Administrator

Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 12:03:05 PM

Atari wouldn't be in such trouble if they released more good games.

Goddamn I should write for the WSJ.

Edit: Playing it with a gamepad can be a problem. You NEED the right analog stick to play IP. It will not recognize 90% of the right analog sticks on gamepads in the marketplace. Ookii played through it with K+M. It should be fine.
Yoru

Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 01:36:25 PM

I guess your big decision is:
A) sit on your ass, download it, and use K+M or pad to play
2) go to <store />, wait in line to buy it, bring it home, rip off that damned wrapper, boot SO off of TV, and play it as God intended

SO? Also, you're presuming that any store around here is still carrying it... as a year-old PC game, I'm certain EB won't have it and the Best Buy around here recently reorganized and shrank their game section, so they won't have it either. It's mailorder or Steam for me.

I also don't have a TV, and I'm not about to go buy one. I don't have space for it in the Ivory Tower.

Oh yeah, and I gotta support my "homies" who "give props" to digital distribution. /cough
schild
Administrator

Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 01:41:20 PM

Most stores still stock Indigo Prophecy. It still sells.

That said, I'd still import Fahrenheit. Sex and whatnot.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 02:08:19 PM

SO = Significant Other, but I suppose I really meant anyone who might hog your set.

Ookii
Staff Emeritus

is actually Trippy

Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 08:36:55 PM

Let me say you WANT to place this on your pc, it makes some of the annoying button pressing bits much much easier.

That said it's an awesome game and everyone should play it, even if you miss the naughty bits with it being the US release.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 05:22:29 PM

I noticed that direct2drive has both Indigo Prophecy and Fahrenheit: Indigo Prophecy Director's Cut, both $19.95.  Seems like a no-brainer.

schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 05:24:21 PM

Get the director's cut on Direct2drive. K?
Yoru

Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 06:27:51 PM

Hm. I'll have to check if IP has been released to steam yet. I don't recall seeing it.

If it's on there..

NO, MUST RESIST LURE TO BUY GAMES.

MUST. RESIST.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13 on: August 05, 2006, 06:06:40 AM

MUST. RESIST.

Director's Cut, D2D.

caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #14 on: August 05, 2006, 06:49:45 AM

Edit: Playing it with a gamepad can be a problem. You NEED the right analog stick to play IP. It will not recognize 90% of the right analog sticks on gamepads in the marketplace. Ookii played through it with K+M. It should be fine.

Do you know if IP plays nice with the 360 Gamepad? I've been eyeing one for my comp but haven't felt like spending the money for one just for Tomb Raider: Legend (and random ROMs). IP though would definitely tip the scales.

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
schild
Administrator

Reply #15 on: August 05, 2006, 02:23:50 PM

IP doesn't play nice with the 360 control pad. But I can tell you right now the 360 control pad for PCs was the best purchase I've made in a LONG TIME.
Yoru

Reply #16 on: August 05, 2006, 04:07:24 PM

MUST. RESIST.

Director's Cut, D2D.

Screw D2D. I'm not giving money to the morass that is FilePlanet/Gamespy/D2D.

That said, I didn't see it on Steam. I will wait and/or eventually import a copy from the UK.
geldonyetich
Terracotta Army

The Anne Coulter of MMO punditry

Reply #17 on: August 05, 2006, 04:53:44 PM

Seconded on no sign of either Indigo Prophecy or Fahrenheit on the Steam games list.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 11:31:32 AM

NECROPOST.

I just got around to beating this for the Xbox. Very cool game. The bonus stuff was neat as well, though the game got very weird toward the end of the game. Necrophilia anyone? Hell, she only knew the guy for like, 2 days before that subway scene.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 11:37:20 AM

NECROPOST.

I just got around to beating this for the Xbox. Very cool game. The bonus stuff was neat as well, though the game got very weird toward the end of the game. Necrophilia anyone? Hell, she only knew the guy for like, 2 days before that subway scene.

She it was quite a weird little story twist when the bumping uglies started. Good game. The story was intriguiing, and it was only when it drifted into Matrix kung-fu shaman territory that it lost a bit of steam.

Strazos

Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 01:49:03 PM

"Lucas...your lips, they're like ice..."
*Cue over-the-top bed scene*

My friend and I got into a discussion on how this scenario could have possibly played out. I mean, since he was undead, and his lips are "cold as ice," how the heck is "doing the deed" going to feel?

Also, how the fuck could an undead guy impregnate anyone? Would their kid just be stillborn or something?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 02:56:35 PM

It's really best if you don't think about things like that. It'll make your outie into an innie.

Strazos

Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 03:13:31 PM

Whatever, I just thought it was odd.

Oh, and I totally called that "Terminator 1" scenario like, a hour of gameplay before it happened.

Sigh, predictability.

Fear the Backstab!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Indigo Prophecy on Steam  
Jump to: