Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:39:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Roll Call 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Roll Call  (Read 35128 times)
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #105 on: January 09, 2006, 02:04:49 PM

Dumb question:  I can't seem to find anyone on for an invite the times I've been playing.  Will /who all Bat Country tell me if any of you folks are online at a given moment?  I've been in DAoC so long that I've forgotten the EQ text commands.
You can click on the guild button from the EQ button and sort guild members by who is online now, last login, etc.
Nebu
Terracotta Army

Reply #106 on: January 09, 2006, 02:12:36 PM

You can click on the guild button from the EQ button and sort guild members by who is online now, last login, etc.

I believe I need to be in the guild for that to work, correct?  I'm not in the guild as I can never find anyone to toss me an invite.

"Always do what is right. It will gratify half of mankind and astound the other."

-  Mark Twain
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #107 on: January 09, 2006, 02:21:10 PM

I have a level 12 outfitter (Liij) and a level 12 scholar (Deoj) and would have no issues building up their crafting as needed, but would need help acquiring materials for them.  Perhaps 1 person assigned to gathering materials for each one?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
schild
Administrator

Reply #108 on: January 09, 2006, 02:22:22 PM

Ookii and I already planned on maxing out gathering. Just post a list. :)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #109 on: January 09, 2006, 02:24:49 PM

Ookii and I already planned on maxing out gathering. Just post a list. :)

Well they need tier two items to get them moving.  None of those herb things though, mostly roots, wood, metals, and furs.  Ill work on catassing them to 25, then probably do 5 levels a week on each, time willing. 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
schild
Administrator

Reply #110 on: January 09, 2006, 02:25:55 PM

Alright, I'll get to harvesting hardcore once I hit level 25. I have to comfortably survive in the Steppes to make that work. :P
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #111 on: January 09, 2006, 02:38:03 PM

Alright, I'll get to harvesting hardcore once I hit level 25. I have to comfortably survive in the Steppes to make that work. :P

Tier 2 is Antonica.  For a level 18-20ish character you can level while gathering east of the Oracle station.  Basilisks are pure love!

schild
Administrator

Reply #112 on: January 09, 2006, 02:40:00 PM

I'm level 22 already and solo the stuff in the southern steppes area.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #113 on: January 09, 2006, 04:51:36 PM

I believe I need to be in the guild for that to work, correct?  I'm not in the guild as I can never find anyone to toss me an invite.
Oh, I misunderstood.  Using /who all "bat country" will do the trick, bat country needs to be in quotes.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #114 on: January 10, 2006, 06:54:00 AM

I'm level 22 already and solo the stuff in the southern steppes area.

You may have already figured this out but the problem will be he can't use anything from the steppes until his tradeskillers also reach level 20.

Until he hits level 20 he will need harvests from Antonica or Commonlands. Crafting 20-30 you need harvests from Steppes or Nek. 30-40 is Zek or EL. 40-50 is Feerott, Rivervale, and Everfrost. 50+ is DoF zones.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #115 on: January 14, 2006, 07:17:13 AM

Ok made it into Antonica from the betrayal arc.

Scupper, 15 Swashbuckler. 

Where's the punch and pie?
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #116 on: January 14, 2006, 07:25:11 AM

Not until you are in the guild.  BRING MONEY.

Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: January 14, 2006, 07:55:41 AM

Not until you are in the guild.  BRING MONEY.

I got tree fiddie.  That do?   
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #118 on: January 14, 2006, 08:00:02 AM

I just hit 19. Update the roster, sporky.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #119 on: January 14, 2006, 08:05:14 AM

I thought you moved servers?  I KNEW YOU WOULD BE BACK!!!

Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #120 on: January 14, 2006, 08:24:40 AM

For those who have bough it is there anything of value in the Desert of Flames expansion for those of us still in the lower levels?  Do you get a free spell or usefull item even?  And how do you get to that city?
Mi_Tes
Terracotta Army

Reply #121 on: January 14, 2006, 09:37:43 AM

Hopefully, I should be joing you soon.  I have had the trial version for a few days, enjoying it, so now waiting on Circuit City to deliver the $30 collectors edition and $20 expansion pack for when I get back from next weeks business trip.  Anyone else have a hard time finding the first EQ2 game?  Looks like they are almost all sold out or aren't really carrying it except for the SOE $50 download. 

How long does it take to level in this game and how many levels will I need to catch up to be able to do anything with the guild?

We never do anything half-assed, with us its either full-ass or no-ass!
To win is not always a victory, to lose not always a failure.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #122 on: January 14, 2006, 09:46:51 AM

Hopefully, I should be joing you soon.  I have had the trial version for a few days, enjoying it, so now waiting on Circuit City to deliver the $30 collectors edition and $20 expansion pack for when I get back from next weeks business trip.  Anyone else have a hard time finding the first EQ2 game?  Looks like they are almost all sold out or aren't really carrying it except for the SOE $50 download. 

How long does it take to level in this game and how many levels will I need to catch up to be able to do anything with the guild?

Levelling, at least through your upper 20's (all I have personally experienced) is steady and spot on.  Most of us are casual as far as playing, and we have a good level spread (you can look at the current roster, which I will be updating tonight).  There is just tons to do!  Really I have never gone out "just to level."  I go complete quests, gather materials, and whoopsy, I get a level along the way.  It is truly a thing of beauty.

Surlyboi
Terracotta Army

eat a bag of dicks

Reply #123 on: January 14, 2006, 08:16:47 PM

I just started a new toon on Steamfront. Now that my ex has left me and moved on to WoW (insult to injury? why yes), I'm looking for some other people to run with.

Name's Tyburon. I just ran into Saucy in the ruins.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 10:16:28 PM by Surlyboi »

Tuned in, immediately get to watch cringey Ubisoft talking head offering her deepest sympathies to the families impacted by the Orlando shooting while flanked by a man in a giraffe suit and some sort of "horrifically garish neon costumes through the ages" exhibit or something.  We need to stop this fucking planet right now and sort some shit out. -Kail
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #124 on: January 14, 2006, 11:41:32 PM

I thought you moved servers?  I KNEW YOU WOULD BE BACK!!!

Nah, I did try the RP servers though. Not bad.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #125 on: January 15, 2006, 07:17:27 AM

I got tree fiddie.  That do?   
Look out! It's the loch ness monster!
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #126 on: January 15, 2006, 01:05:36 PM

We started over the weekend, I've got a 12 Enchanter, Saucy, and VL has a 9 mage, Voodoolily (duh).

I'm probably gonna roll a 2nd char, as they made it so easy to level that I've done it while acively trying not to.  Sorry if we're not very responsive, she's still learning how to play these silly things.  It's actually been fascinating, having played them since 99, to see just how much I take for granted, control and gameplay wise, that makes no fucking sense to an experienced console gamer.  It's hard enough trying to learn MMOG controls for the first time, but she's basically having to learn WASD, hotkeys, and mouselook, so the chat box is being ignored.

Crafting got its claws into her big time last night, though I don't think she'll be happy with having to specialize.
Mi_Tes
Terracotta Army

Reply #127 on: January 16, 2006, 07:16:56 AM

I got up to level 13 on Pook last night and can't get past the login servers this morning.  I was really amazed how much fun I had.  Now, today, a day with no work and I can't log in. :(

We never do anything half-assed, with us its either full-ass or no-ass!
To win is not always a victory, to lose not always a failure.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #128 on: January 16, 2006, 09:31:10 AM

I got up to level 13 on Pook last night and can't get past the login servers this morning.  I was really amazed how much fun I had.  Now, today, a day with no work and I can't log in. :(

I was on for about 30 mins at 7am PST.  One thing I noticed - I wanted to finish the Snow Globe quest this morning, but the tree in QH is now surrounded by two "Tree Removal" gnomes, instead of the gaggle of elves.  Maybe the holiday season is finally coming to an end.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Reply #129 on: January 16, 2006, 09:57:26 AM

Actually, there's a thread on the main boards (which I can see from work for some reason), and Frostfell is officially coming to an end, and I didn't get my god damned snow globe. Grr!  The bits of quest I did get to do though, with the Goblins, were really fun, and they should do more of them.
schild
Administrator

Reply #130 on: January 16, 2006, 09:58:15 AM

Yes, the linear subquests in EQ2 are very, very good.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #131 on: January 16, 2006, 12:40:04 PM

Almost every day at 10 AM EST, they have an hour's maintainence.  That's probably why you couldn't get on.  Here is the Status Page site:

http://eq2players.station.sony.com/network_status.vm

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #132 on: January 16, 2006, 10:49:20 PM

Well I caved and bought this since it didn't look like there was going to be a lot of people playing DDO on release.  And since work is slow right now and I have more free time than usual I figured I'd go with the herd.  Don't really know much about EQ but I've got a lv. 11 bard (going Troubadour) named Kelthoss on Steamfront so far.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 10:55:20 PM by Velorath »
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: January 17, 2006, 10:26:40 AM

For those who have bough it is there anything of value in the Desert of Flames expansion for those of us still in the lower levels?  Do you get a free spell or usefull item even?  And how do you get to that city?

There's really not much in DoF for you until you are 40+ (grouped) and 45ish (solo - give or take a level for various classes).

You can get to Maj'Dul by taking the carpets in Qeynos Harbor that are at the end of the docks (sorry if you're evil I can't exactly say but look for your bells and it should be nearby.) You'll have to be VERY careful in Maj'Dul as there are a few aggro 50+ level mobs that will kill you right quick. These can be avoided pretty easily once you know where they are but the trick is figuring that out for the first time.

45+ I would highly recommend it as there are a lot of quest series there that can be done solo. But before 45 there won't be much at all for you.
Soln
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: January 17, 2006, 12:25:34 PM

is there a roll call list handy?  not sure who to stalk for help.  My final betrayal boss is 18^^^   shocked  Gotta love those ^^^
schild
Administrator

Reply #135 on: January 17, 2006, 12:31:34 PM

You need I should hop in the game and fix the guy for you?
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #136 on: January 17, 2006, 02:24:04 PM

is there a roll call list handy?  not sure who to stalk for help.  My final betrayal boss is 18^^^   shocked  Gotta love those ^^^

Thats Dancoed.  He is a pain to kill; random spawn plus tough. 

Lt.Dan
Terracotta Army

Reply #137 on: January 17, 2006, 02:39:13 PM

Plus random people kill him in case he drops loot - which he doesn't because he's a quest mob.
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #138 on: January 17, 2006, 03:14:24 PM

Plus random people kill him in case he drops loot - which he doesn't because he's a quest mob.

Not all quest mobs are loot-less. They should be but they're not...
Der Helm
Terracotta Army

Reply #139 on: January 20, 2006, 08:16:07 AM

Thanks to signe's buddy key I was able to log in yesterday.

I think I made it on the newbie island before sleep got the better of me, but I can't for the life of me remember my name in game.

Drunk playing ftw and whatnot.  :-D

"I've been done enough around here..."- Signe
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: Roll Call  
Jump to: