Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:53:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: X3 Teaser Trailer online 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: X3 Teaser Trailer online  (Read 18318 times)
Velorath
Contributor

on: December 05, 2005, 06:58:15 PM

View here.

Actually pretty long for what's supposed to be a teaser.  I'm not going to get my hopes up but it looks like it could end up ok.  One thing that bothered me though is that they show two clips of Storm doing some fuckin stupid looking whirlwind spin through the air.

Edit: From Magneto's mention of the cure and IMDB's cast list mentioning Dr. Kavita Rao, it looks like Joss Whedon's first Astonishing X-Men arc is part of the inspiration for the story in this one (and obviously there's some Phoenix stuff thrown in there too, but I knew about that).  I'm sure that's probably been pointed out somewhere on the Internet, but it's the first I'd noticed it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 07:57:43 PM by Velorath »
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #1 on: December 05, 2005, 07:21:19 PM

I thought Halle Berry left or something?

No Alan Cumming though...Which is a shame.

Anyways, here's an interesting screencap:

I doubt it'll be that bad. I really like Cumming as an actor, but he wasn't necessarily crucial here, I guess.

I won't miss Bryan Singer though. What's funny is that many gave much of the credit for the success of the X flicks to him (including the actors themselves). I almost did too, until I remembered that this was the same thing that happened with the Usual Suspects (that story belongs to Christopher McQuarrie and the actors imho....What the hell did Singer do really?).

Now look where he's at with Superman Returns....

[edit] Eh, might as well post the teaser for that here as well: Doesn't show much really

Of course, you can just save your time and look at this again.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2005, 07:44:36 PM by Stray »
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 07:48:05 PM

I thought Halle Berry left or something?

She bitched about not having enough screentime in the first two movies and from the looks of it in the trailer (and the rumors of a Storm and Wolverine romantic sub-plot) they seemed to have beefed up her role for this one.  Besides, it's hard to act picky about what movies you'll do after you've been in Catwoman (and yes, I seem to recall that you didn't find Catwoman to be all that bad).
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 08:26:32 PM

It wasn't "tear my eyes out" bad is all I meant. Heh. I was able to sit through it once.

It wasn't like "Torque" at least, which I flipped to the other night. I couldn't even stand 10 minutes of that. I was offended just for it's use of a specific camera zoom and shot. That's all it took for me to turn it off.

People tell me it gets worse.

Halle can be picky though. Oscar winners are allowed to make a few Catwomans if they want to and not suffer for it. Besides, it's good that someone bitched, even if it was her. Anything to keep it from totally being about Wolverine.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #4 on: December 06, 2005, 07:32:07 AM

It wasn't "tear my eyes out" bad is all I meant. Heh. I was able to sit through it once.

It wasn't like "Torque" at least, which I flipped to the other night. I couldn't even stand 10 minutes of that. I was offended just for it's use of a specific camera zoom and shot. That's all it took for me to turn it off.

People tell me it gets worse.

Halle can be picky though. Oscar winners are allowed to make a few Catwomans if they want to and not suffer for it. Besides, it's good that someone bitched, even if it was her. Anything to keep it from totally being about Wolverine.

I don't blame them for focusing on Wolverine.  He's one of the easiest characters out there to do right, and make semi-interesting.  Even most X-men writers for the past decade or so have struggled to make characters like Storm interesting.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #5 on: December 06, 2005, 08:21:26 AM

Hmmmm, I'm torn. Some of it looks good. Some doesn't. Beast looks really awful, really not organic to the rest of the characters. He looks more plasticy and out of place than Nightcrawler did. He should be furry, even on the face. Meanwhile, Halle Berry looks like Tina Turner.

I'm trying to figure out who they have in the regular team. Cyclops, Wolverine and Storm, but it looks like they've added Colossus? If so, good for them. The others may be Beast, Angel is shown (and looks good), and I am guessing Kitty Pryde, though there are two short females who I can't place. The other may be Jinx or whatever the hooker's name is. Rogue is in there barely.

As for the Brotherhood, we know of Pyro, Juggernaut looks terrible, and none of the other evil mutants looks familiar other than Jean Grey.

I await this one with wariness.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #6 on: December 06, 2005, 01:31:23 PM

Vinny Jones isn't the most gifted of actors, but I think he may be just right for this part at least. His personality may pull off Juggernaut well enough so that physical appearances could be put aside.

It's either that or going full CGI ala Hulk......Which would probably be much worse.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #7 on: December 06, 2005, 01:47:28 PM

Even most X-men writers for the past decade or so have struggled to make characters like Storm interesting.

Isn't she supposed to be "second in command" or something though? I always found her interesting at least. She always came off as otherworldly and regal to me in the comics, more of a loner type than even Wolverine, and almost as powerful as X or Jean.

Either way, bitchy or not, Storm did come off as a sort of minor character in the other 2 flicks. Even Rogue got more screentime. It's a valid complaint -- Not just because the actress playing her is Halle Berry, but also because of the character as well.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 01:50:49 PM by Stray »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #8 on: December 06, 2005, 01:54:12 PM

I have no problem with Vinny Jones physicality as Juggernaut, I was talking about the costume. It's not red and it should be.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 01:57:13 PM

I have no problem with Vinny Jones physicality as Juggernaut, I was talking about the costume. It's not red and it should be.

Everything's gotta be DARK, man. You know that.

Wolverine: You actually go outside in these things?
Cyclops: Well, what would you prefer? Yellow spandex?

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 01:58:10 PM

I would just like someone in the X3 world to say "Fuck that!" and put on some bright shit. Just to contrast. Motherfuckers are starting to look like a Quake level.

schild
Administrator

Reply #11 on: December 06, 2005, 04:04:42 PM

They did't add Colossus. He was in the second one, along with Ice Man and Jubilee.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #12 on: December 06, 2005, 04:15:36 PM

Isn't she supposed to be "second in command" or something though? I always found her interesting at least. She always came off as otherworldly and regal to me in the comics, more of a loner type than even Wolverine, and almost as powerful as X or Jean.
For a while in the 90s, the X-Men had two teams, one lead by Cyclops and the other by Storm.
Trippy
Administrator

Reply #13 on: December 06, 2005, 04:49:44 PM

Here's the direct link to the trailer for those of you who made the mistake of installing QuickTime 7 but like to have local copies of the trailers:

http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/x-men_3/x-men_3-pre_teaser_h640w.mov

Edit: here are the links to the HD versions:

480p - http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/x-men_3/x-men_3-pre_teaser_h480p.mov
720p - http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/x-men_3/x-men_3-pre_teaser_h720p.mov
1080p - http://movies.apple.com/movies/fox/x-men_3/x-men_3-pre_teaser_h1080p.mov
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 04:58:31 PM by Trippy »
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #14 on: December 06, 2005, 05:40:59 PM

Even most X-men writers for the past decade or so have struggled to make characters like Storm interesting.

Either way, bitchy or not, Storm did come off as a sort of minor character in the other 2 flicks. Even Rogue got more screentime. It's a valid complaint -- Not just because the actress playing her is Halle Berry, but also because of the character as well.

Second-in-command is a job title though, not a character trait.  Cyclops is a leader too, but that hasn't stopped 90% of the people who have written X-men from making him a dull character.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #15 on: December 06, 2005, 06:28:18 PM

They did't add Colossus. He was in the second one, along with Ice Man and Jubilee.

I know that. But he looks to have been added as an actual X-Man instead of window dressing for the fanbois.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #16 on: December 06, 2005, 07:27:37 PM

Was he ever match for Juggernaut on his own? Just wondering. I seem to recall instances where it takes the entire team of X-Men to ever do anything to Juggernaut.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #17 on: December 06, 2005, 07:31:15 PM

Was he ever match for Juggernaut on his own? Just wondering. I seem to recall instances where it takes the entire team of X-Men to ever do anything to Juggernaut.

As always it depends on who's writing, but I don't think Colussus has ever been close to a match for Juggernaut.  Brute force really just isn't a viable way to take Juggernaut down.
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #18 on: December 06, 2005, 09:12:32 PM

Pretty much, Juggy>Colossus.

Funny, though, when you consider their names mean roughly the same thing.

Nightcrawler could teleport his head off, though.  Too bad they kicked him out for this movie.  Bet you guys are regretting that, huh?

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #19 on: December 06, 2005, 09:17:14 PM

I think Alan Cumming just wanted to leave, and wasn't kicked out per se. Too bad, because the guy's badass. Scottish Eurofag or not!

[edit] I think he mentioned somewhere that it was the time he had to prepare for and spend in makeup that made him quit.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 09:22:33 PM by Stray »
Llava
Contributor

Reply #20 on: December 06, 2005, 09:33:16 PM

But dude, you get to be fucking NIGHTCRAWLER.  I'd fuck Alan Cumming to be Nightcrawler.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #21 on: December 06, 2005, 09:38:56 PM

I bet he smokes.

That's be the only thing that would make me sacrifice a big paycheck and a chance to play Nightcrawler. If I couldn't smoke during all of that preparation time, then to hell with it!!

Seriously though (smoking aside), waking up early every day and sitting still for 10 hours in one place would drive me nuts. That isn't what I'd sign up for as an actor at least. That's torture.

[edit] Unnecessary stuff. Forget it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 10:34:42 PM by Stray »
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #22 on: December 06, 2005, 10:51:05 PM

Would have been nice to see Wolverine, Colossus, and Nightcrawler all on screen together, but from what it looks like I don't think there was going to be a lot of time in X3 to spend developing Nightcrawler's character further anyway.
eldaec
Terracotta Army

Reply #23 on: December 06, 2005, 11:47:05 PM

Rogue is bound to get more screentime than Storm; Rogue has angst. It's all about the angst.

"People will not assume that what they read on the internet is trustworthy or that it carries any particular ­assurance or accuracy" - Lord Leveson
"Hyperbole is a cancer" - Lakov Sanite
schild
Administrator

Reply #24 on: December 07, 2005, 01:42:09 AM

I never liked Storm and the fact it's Halle Berry bringing it to the screen with all of her drama queen bullshit, it just helps me continue not liking storm. She's fucking Captain Planet. I mean she is Captain Planet, she's not giving it to him in the ass. But I bet Captain Planet could give it to her. He has heart[/u]. Seriously though, it's all about Rogue. Oh and Phoenix. It's definately all about Phoenix. And Dark Phoenix. And Magneto ripping out Wolverine's adamantium. Oh it would be great it they completely fucked with continuity to make a kickass movie. Like the new Batman, they should add MAIN characters with INVOLVED plot points just to do the Killing Joke story in the next movie. Oh man, I'm brilliant.
SurfD
Terracotta Army

Reply #25 on: December 07, 2005, 02:16:16 AM

Actually, I kind of like Storm, especially when they play with the fact that if you crank up the claustrophobia and let her stew for a while, you end up with a Rageing Bitch Goddess of Natures Wrath and Fury of the kind who makes Dr. Doom go "Holy fuck, make it stop!".

Darwinism is the Gateway Science.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #26 on: December 07, 2005, 03:03:32 AM

Captain Planet?  undecided
ahoythematey
Terracotta Army

Reply #27 on: December 07, 2005, 01:33:56 PM

About the only thing I remember about Captain Planet is that they used rings or some shit, one of the villains was this slutty euro who would be hot if not for all the scarring on one side of her face, and another who was pretty much a copy of Pineapple Pokopo.

I liked the X3 trailer, but then I often like trailers more than movies.  I'm not too worried about Ratner as director, actually, since I feel he's proven himself capable of more than just Rush Hour with The Family Man and Red Dragon.  Really, the only thing I have doubts on is hokey dialogue, which is something that is really hard to prevent in a movie like this.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #28 on: December 07, 2005, 09:42:35 PM

Also, while it's old news now though I haven't seen it mentioned here:

The Superman Returns teaser trailer for those who haven't seen it yet.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #29 on: December 07, 2005, 10:27:29 PM

Also, while it's old news now though I haven't seen it mentioned here:

The Superman Returns teaser trailer for those who haven't seen it yet.

I linked to that in my first post.

Marlon Brando will be the best part of the film, I think. Whoever put that teaser together probably thinks so too.

I know it's the most obvious of gripes, but I think it'll fail solely because of Brandon Routh (or whatever his name is). Regardless of Kevin Spacey or Eva Marie Saint or John Williams or whoever else.

That teaser disappoints me on another level though too. The urban landscape just seems all wrong for a Metropolis. The Daily Planet building looks like a freaking cathedral.

One of my favorite bits about the old films was the vibrant 80's NYC atmosphere, all set with stereotypical pimps, cops, crooks, and the like (The same corny 80's version of New York used in Muppets Take Manhattan or Moscow on the Hudson). It was perfect for a Superman film.

Now, I know they can't recreate that, and I'm not saying I want them to. I'm just wondering why there isn't a very "New York-ish" look to the sets and locations at all. It looks more like Gotham than it does Metropolis.

[edit] Cleared up something...

[edit] Eh, no wonder. It appears that the film was made in Sydney.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2005, 11:03:22 PM by Stray »
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

Reply #30 on: December 08, 2005, 09:54:06 AM

Amazingly enough, the Superman teaser got me more confident in the actor playing Superman than the screenshots had.

Llava
Contributor

Reply #31 on: December 08, 2005, 11:09:59 AM

Earth!
Fire!
Wind! Water! Heart!
GO PLANET!
With your powers combined, I am Captaaaain Planet!

Captain Planet, he's a hero!
Gonna take pollution down to zero!
... something something, crap, I can't remember the rest.  Blessing in disguise?

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #32 on: December 09, 2005, 12:20:49 PM

But dude, you get to be fucking NIGHTCRAWLER.  I'd fuck Alan Cumming to be Nightcrawler.

You can at least smell like him.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #33 on: December 09, 2005, 12:24:22 PM

Heh, yeah I've seen that.
DevilsAdvocate
Terracotta Army

Reply #34 on: December 09, 2005, 05:54:39 PM

View here.

Actually pretty long for what's supposed to be a teaser.  I'm not going to get my hopes up but it looks like it could end up ok.  One thing that bothered me though is that they show two clips of Storm doing some fuckin stupid looking whirlwind spin through the air.

Edit: From Magneto's mention of the cure and IMDB's cast list mentioning Dr. Kavita Rao, it looks like Joss Whedon's first Astonishing X-Men arc is part of the inspiration for the story in this one (and obviously there's some Phoenix stuff thrown in there too, but I knew about that).  I'm sure that's probably been pointed out somewhere on the Internet, but it's the first I'd noticed it.

Something I had hoped to see in the 2nd movie which they are showing in that trailer is:

THE FASTBALL SPECIAL!!!!

Near the end of the trailer, you can see Colossus throws Wolverine up into the air and Wolverine flying with claws extended. Hooray!

In the funeral scene, there is a young dark haired girl sitting next to Colossus. At first, I thought it was his sister, Illyana. But, the same girl is in the opening part of the trailer walking with the team and it leads me to believe that it is Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde).

I wonder who the other women sitting in the last chair is in the funeral scene. It looks sort of like what I would imagine Dazzler would look like.

In the screenshot that Stray posted, I recognize Magneto, Jean Grey, and Pyro. You guys pointed out that the big guy is Juggernaut. I thought it was going to be Avalanche.

Any idea who the rest of the mutants behind him are?
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Comics  |  Topic: X3 Teaser Trailer online  
Jump to: