Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:23:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: You smokers fuckin' disgust me 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: You smokers fuckin' disgust me  (Read 19435 times)
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #70 on: October 07, 2005, 02:34:54 PM

Insurance premiums should be higher for smokers, period.

They are. Also for overweight people, regardless of what their muscle mass-to-fat ratio is.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Hokers
Terracotta Army

Reply #71 on: October 09, 2005, 05:04:23 AM

As a smoker, what I don't get is how they handle us at sporting events.  I understand and accept being segrigated to smoke only in certain areas, but there are never any ashtrays there.

Every time I stomp out a cig at a Bears game I feel like I am spitting on the grave of Poppa Halas.  though I do pick them up and put in the garbage unless they are loosing by 30 or something.

Please give us a chance not to be rude and disgusting.

Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #72 on: October 09, 2005, 03:10:40 PM

Please give us a chance not to be rude and disgusting.

That's the one part I really miss about being a smoker. Thank god for beer, eh?

Wiiiiii!
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #73 on: October 09, 2005, 03:28:37 PM

The entire point of being "a smoker" is to trot out the inner dysfunctional 14 year old.

Or demonstrate dependency.

Anyone over 14 crying out for help needs to find a fucking therapist.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #74 on: October 09, 2005, 03:48:12 PM

Trotting out my inner 14 year old myself. I admit it.

My inner 14 year old doesn't cry out though. My inner 14 year old just simply doesn't give a fuck (but I AM polite enough to put my butts in a trashcan).

[edit] P.S. Rimbaud is not "crying" in my avatar. He's laughing.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2005, 03:50:05 PM by Stray »
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: October 09, 2005, 03:54:21 PM

P.S. Rimbaud is not "crying" in my avatar. He's laughing.

Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #76 on: October 11, 2005, 04:42:48 AM

I could have lived a happy life not seeing that.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #77 on: October 11, 2005, 04:54:52 AM

Artistes are not like you and I.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: October 11, 2005, 05:59:41 AM

Judging by the picture, he's a piste artiste.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Diablo 3's Number One Fan

Reply #79 on: October 14, 2005, 01:53:19 PM

I'm just going to chime in here and say I smoke.  I smoke, and I smoke in front of places where signs specifically are posted telling me I can't smoke there.  I throw all my jacks out the window when I've had my way with them, and sometimes I laugh about it.  Plus, I make sure to spit, and really clear the back of my throat out to get the last bits of phlegm.  Even if there are ashtrays around, I flick that shit onto the ground, or in a bush.  I like to see how far I can flick them.

I guess I'm just an asshole.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 01:55:49 PM by dusematic »
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #80 on: October 14, 2005, 01:57:51 PM

I'm just going to chime in here and say I smoke.  I smoke, and I smoke in front of places where signs specifically are posted telling me I can't smoke there.  I throw all my jacks out the window when I've had my way with them, and sometimes I laugh about it.  Plus, I make sure to spit, and really clear the back of my throat out to get the last bits of phlegm.  Even if there are ashtrays around, I flick that shit onto the ground, or in a bush.  I like to see how far I can flick them.

I guess I'm just an asshole.

No you are a 22 year old college student.  Eventually you will flunk out of law school, and then life will begin to beat you down.  Then we may start to like you.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #81 on: October 14, 2005, 01:59:45 PM

I'm just an inflammatory asshole.

Die in a smouldering cigarette-started fire!  (house fire or brush fire; your choice)

COME ON YOU SPURS!
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #82 on: October 14, 2005, 02:42:58 PM

I saw an episode of MythBusters where they debunked the movie tradition of the villain flicking jacks into a pool of gasoline.  They tried everything to get those damn cigarettes to ignite the gas, and the gas just wouldn't have it. 

Since then, I've pretty much lost my fear of starting a fire with a haphazardly thrown cig.  I mean, if puffing the fuck out of a cig right before you throw the blazing cherry into a pool of gasoline doesn't start fires, then what will? 
Mr_PeaCH
Terracotta Army

Reply #83 on: October 14, 2005, 03:48:56 PM

OK, good troll.  You got me.

Because nobody could seriously believe that since an ember won't ignite a puddle of gasoline that's good enough for them not to worry about setting their bedding or the tinder by the roadside ablaze.  Nooo, nobody's THAT stupid.   rolleyes

COME ON YOU SPURS!
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #84 on: October 14, 2005, 03:53:18 PM

It really was too obvious to reply to.  I actually looked up a couple fact and figures, did a quote/reply, and then realized.  With WUA leaving... it was like fate. 

Its the damndest thing.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #85 on: October 14, 2005, 03:54:57 PM

This isn't Fire Prevention Week. Fuck this particular line of debate. It's silly.

We like to smoke. THAT IS FUCKING ALL.

dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #86 on: October 14, 2005, 04:00:40 PM

I'm just fucking around for fuck's sake. No need to get grumpy and break out the factual information.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #87 on: October 14, 2005, 04:04:31 PM

This isn't Fire Prevention Week. Fuck this particular line of debate. It's silly.

We like to smoke. THAT IS FUCKING ALL.

In light of explanation I will state that I agree.

Edit.  Content.

---Originally posted due to lack of comprehension on my part-------
Excuse me Stray?  I drink, smoke, whore, and urinate in public.  Have you ever read anything that I post?  My response was not HUR HUR SMOKE BAD CARROTS GOOD.  It was an observation in common sense.  Do not be pissed at us just because your mama san is trying to hook you up with green card wanting trash.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 04:22:56 PM by Cheddar »

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #88 on: October 14, 2005, 04:15:40 PM

Err...I was replying to MrPeach (and ALL who blame me for forest fires). My bad, should've quoted.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #89 on: October 14, 2005, 04:23:26 PM

You're all dinks.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #90 on: October 14, 2005, 04:27:18 PM

And you're Canadien!

Err...What's a dink anyways?

Is that Canadien too?!
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #91 on: October 14, 2005, 04:38:58 PM

Double income, no kids.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #92 on: October 14, 2005, 04:41:48 PM

Oh...

And I suppose that's a big concern for non smokers then?

Seriously though, the reason why I laugh at anyone who protests "my" smoking is because they're fucking busybodies. Nothing more. There are no "issues" that apply to me at least.
dusematic
Terracotta Army

Reply #93 on: October 14, 2005, 06:13:35 PM

If I don't litter out the window as I drive under the influence, then how will prison inmates earn cigarette money?  Inconsiderate smoking is the circle of life.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #94 on: October 14, 2005, 08:12:06 PM

Dusematic is very wise.  I bet he's cute, too.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #95 on: October 14, 2005, 08:45:17 PM

I'm a fool, quite the freak....And smell of cigarettes.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #96 on: October 14, 2005, 08:47:45 PM

SIGNE. Signe. Signe. Signe. Signe. Signe. Signe. Signe. Signe.

Signe

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #97 on: October 15, 2005, 11:02:05 AM

I saw an episode of MythBusters where they debunked the movie tradition of the villain flicking jacks into a pool of gasoline.  They tried everything to get those damn cigarettes to ignite the gas, and the gas just wouldn't have it. 

Since then, I've pretty much lost my fear of starting a fire with a haphazardly thrown cig.  I mean, if puffing the fuck out of a cig right before you throw the blazing cherry into a pool of gasoline doesn't start fires, then what will? 

Dry grass in a 90 degree summer day. I don't know what's worse, being that stupid or pretending to be.

Edit: MythBusters rawks.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 11:04:48 AM by voodoolily »

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #98 on: October 17, 2005, 06:56:12 AM

WTF happened to Hanzii?  He started this mess and then totally disappears.  God, I hate him so much.

I'm back, and I still hate you all (except for Signe).
My kid is fine, thanks for caring (both of you).

The house was fucking disgusting, but nowhere did I say, that it surprised me. I probably saved $15K by buying that house, dirty ceilings and all. But that doesn't make the cleaning experience or smokers any less disgusting.
It's now cleaned, sealed and repainted in nice (not 70's) colours. We do have an air purifying unit. The kid didn't have any allergies or bad stuff like that, it was a virus, but her being only 5 months old made the doctor send her to the hospital for tests just to be on the safe side. The wife was never sick, but toddlers don't get to go to the hospital by themselves (reading comprehension, folks). I haven't been posting here, because you all bore the fuck out of me...

nah, the stupid phone company (whom I hate more than any smoker) fucked up my new phone, thus ensuring that I'd have no DSL for the forseeable future. Today I started work again and can now read this forum in all it's glory again.
I missed you guys.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #99 on: October 17, 2005, 07:13:02 AM

We missed you too.

I'm sure.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #100 on: October 17, 2005, 07:28:06 AM

Have you physically moved in there yet?  That's when everything else goes wrong, you know.  Things seem to go the most wrong when you're moving and when you're going on holiday. 

Happy to hear the baby is fine and the wife hasn't commited anything ending in "cide".  I'm not nuts about the smell of paint, but I'm sure it's better than stale cigarettes.  I have to admit, being in a non-smoking house now is incredibly nice.  Everything smells much better than it used to... even my hair!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: You smokers fuckin' disgust me  
Jump to: