Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:48:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: You smokers fuckin' disgust me 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: You smokers fuckin' disgust me  (Read 19432 times)
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #35 on: October 06, 2005, 12:39:29 PM

In Oregon, if you throw a cigarette butt out of a car window on the highway you get a $500 ticket.

WHat does this   NDA mean? I don't know what NDA stands for.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Polysorbate80
Terracotta Army

Reply #36 on: October 06, 2005, 01:01:10 PM

If anyone's got a right to complain about smoking, I figure I'm it--I'm quite allergic to it and it sets my asthma a-flyin'.  However, I really don't give a shit about people smoking; hell, I even married a smoker.

What pisses me off is the mess--ashes everywhere, tiny little burns in the furniture, dingy walls and drapes, littered butts, and dear God, the STENCH of an overflowing ashtray (or a person that smells like one).  Clean up after yourselves, smokers--and for the sweet love of whatever's holy wear clean clothes, take a damn shower and brush your fucking teeth.

That last one goes for you coffee drinkers, too...

“Why the fuck would you ... ?” is like 80% of the conversation with Poly — Chimpy
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #37 on: October 06, 2005, 01:21:13 PM

In Oregon, if you throw a cigarette butt out of a car window on the highway you get a $500 ticket.

WHat does this   NDA mean? I don't know what NDA stands for.

No Dancing Allowed, innit?   Or maybe Non Disclosure Agreement... I forget.

Anyway... for some reason, this thread is starting to make me irrationally angry.  I don't know why, but the feeling started with Toast's post.  At this moment, I hate him IRL way more than I should.  I'm sorry, Toast!    :-(

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #38 on: October 06, 2005, 01:44:53 PM

I hate Signes new avatar.  I mean I like it, but compared to the old one I hate it.  The other one made me warm in the belly.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
schild
Administrator

Reply #39 on: October 06, 2005, 01:45:39 PM

You bought a house owned by smokers without a good air puriifier. There isn't a violin small enough for that situation.

Normally I'd post a big picture of Nelson. But that's too cliche. Mayhaps I'll pour a 40 out on a cigar ashtray. Or something.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #40 on: October 06, 2005, 01:45:59 PM

Belly?

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #41 on: October 06, 2005, 01:52:10 PM

WHat does this   NDA mean? I don't know what NDA stands for.

I won't go in to another of my long rants against smoking - suffice to say that I grew up with my mom puffing 2 packs a day in to my face. You are in the minority in your level of consideration Lilly, but it's nice to know that some of you are thoughtfull.

NDA: Non-Disclsure Agreement. Usually in reference to a beta test of software when it comes up around here. Means you can't tell everyone else how shitty the game you are testing is.

Oh and by the way lilly, why does the kitty in your avatar look like it was hit in the face with a frying pan?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #42 on: October 06, 2005, 01:55:00 PM

NDA: Non-Disclsure Agreement. Usually in reference to a beta test of software when it comes up around here. Means you can't tell everyone else how shitty the game you are testing is.

I already told her.  What the hell's wrong with you?

Dammit.

I need a nap.

Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #43 on: October 06, 2005, 02:29:10 PM

Dammit.

I need a nap.

First me with the CoV box including a free month and now this.  Jesus.  No wonder you're so angry at everything.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: October 06, 2005, 02:36:11 PM

It was easy, especially when you have pot to compare it to: there's no comparison imo.

That's exactly why I never picked up the habit.  Sure I'd be twisting a bomber but it was fun.  Hell coke made more sense to me than tobacco - if one's going to be physically and emotionally dependent at least have fun doing it.  (no I was never a coke addict :P )

On top of that something my grandfather the tobacco grower told me when I was kneehigh stuck with me for years.  He never touched commercial tobacco - said it was not tobacco.  Since he and his fellow growers smoked well into their nineties and didn't die of cancer I figured he may have been on to something.
WayAbvPar

Reply #45 on: October 06, 2005, 02:40:51 PM

Hell coke made more sense to me than tobacco - if one's going to be physically and emotionally dependent at least have fun doing it.  (no I was never a coke addictq

We did it all. Cocaine? We started that. You're welcome! What a great drug that was. Yeah, I'd like to do some cocaine. I'd like to do a drug that makes my penis small, makes my nose bleed, makes my heart explode, and sucks all my money out of the bank. Is that possible please!? I'd like to make this face all night! I'd like to sit in the bathroom and talk to a complete asshole stranger for seven hours on end. Is that possible please!? With no penis and a nose bleed! Where do I sign up!? Take my penis away! That was the worst part about the coke, man, was being in that bathroom with that stranger at the end of the night. Wasn't it, huh? Talking about shit like solving the world's problems and the only reason you're in there is because he has the coke. That should have been a fucking sign, don't ya think? I mean if Hitler had coke, there'd be Jews in the bathroom going, "I know you didn't do it. *snort* I like your mustache. *snort* Fucking Himmler. *snort*"

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #46 on: October 06, 2005, 02:44:52 PM

Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: October 06, 2005, 02:50:10 PM

I'm surprised I got the hate from Signe. "People who throw burning crap sticks out of car windows multiple times a day" seems like a pretty despicable group.

If I were a judge, cigarette butt litter offenders would be sentenced to 40 hours of community service...picking up butts on the side of the road.

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #48 on: October 06, 2005, 04:17:39 PM

Dammit.

I need a nap.

Ah, but you didn't define it now did you?

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
Llava
Contributor

Rrava roves you rong time

Reply #49 on: October 06, 2005, 04:49:05 PM

I see that and raise you

Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

That the saints may enjoy their beatitude and the grace of God more abundantly they are permitted to see the punishment of the damned in hell. -Saint Thomas Aquinas, Summa Theologica
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #50 on: October 06, 2005, 05:47:59 PM

I don't even know who that bottom person is... or what gender. 

PS  I'm sure this is a temporary hate thing... this thread has me craving a smoke and I'm all out of anything remotely herbal.  I might have stopped smoking six months ago but my brain still thinks I need it.  I said it before and I really believe it... nicotine is the most addictive substance in the universe.  I bet it's even more addictive than heroin and, possibly, chocolate.  And shoes!  I'd give up shoes for a ciggie!

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #51 on: October 06, 2005, 05:53:44 PM

I don't even know who that bottom person is... or what gender.

That's Rick James, bitch!!

*Sorry, had to say it.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #52 on: October 06, 2005, 06:34:48 PM

Surely not... it must be his dear old mum! 

Sairon
Terracotta Army

Reply #53 on: October 06, 2005, 06:57:56 PM

I've always been a cheap bastard, hanging on tightly to my cash. So luckly I've never bought a pack of cigarettes. I don't care if other smokes that much, but I find parents smoking selfish.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #54 on: October 06, 2005, 07:04:49 PM

Luckily, I've never had the urge to smoke my parents.

Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #55 on: October 06, 2005, 07:37:12 PM

I said it before and I really believe it... nicotine is the most addictive substance in the universe.  I bet it's even more addictive than heroin and, possibly, chocolate.  And shoes!  I'd give up shoes for a ciggie!

Welcome to science. ;)  That's quite true.  Heroin/derivative addicts can kick those drugs but not commercial tobacco.  Though the reason is less biological - tobacco is legally performed and "acceptable".  Like any habit the only real solution is changing friends/lifestyles.

So most don't.

And often friends/families/spouses are the worst enemy.

/shrug

Keeps the population down.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #56 on: October 06, 2005, 08:10:47 PM

Righ stopped smoking months before I did and hasn't picked up a cigarette since and doesn't seem to even think about it.  My sister quit recently, too.  The only people left in my family who smoke are my dad, Righ's mum and my nephew... none of which I see very often at all.  My friends don't count since I don't have any.  Well, at least not on this side of the pond.  It should be easier, shouldn't it?

WTF happened to Hanzii?  He started this mess and then totally disappears.  God, I hate him so much.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2005, 08:37:14 PM by Signe »

Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #57 on: October 06, 2005, 10:20:05 PM

Quit smoking a few years ago. Theese days I'm a happy abuser of snus ( swedish snuff ), the tobacco habit that won't fuck with your friends lungs ( or your own ) and keep your house less yellow and without stink. Yay.

Wiiiiii!
Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #58 on: October 07, 2005, 07:35:23 AM

Copenhagen, what a wad of flavor
Copenhagen, you can see it in my smile
Copenhagen, hey do yourself a favor, dip
Copenhagen, it drives the cowgirls wild

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #59 on: October 07, 2005, 07:58:51 AM

Saw him in Bass Hall earlier this year - he puts on a great show.  The unexpected cameo by Lyle was most cool.
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #60 on: October 07, 2005, 09:13:00 AM

Bass Hall as in UT Bass Concert Hall?
ClydeJr
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: October 07, 2005, 09:25:09 AM

Copenhagen, what a wad of flavor
Copenhagen, you can see it in my smile
Copenhagen, hey do yourself a favor, dip
Copenhagen, it drives the cowgirls wild

When I helped out with freshman orientation at college, we had a comedy skit we did called "Cookin' with Copenhagen". A couple people would be at the front of the room would act like they were doing a cooking show, except an important ingredient of every dish was a big wad of Copenhagen. The cooks would open fresh cans in front of the freshman so they could smell it and knows it real. Then they'd take a big bite of a Ham and Cope Sandwich. As the show went on, they'd start to get sicker and sicker until they'd have to cut the show short to go puke from eating the Cope.

The key part was that the cans were rigged. Take an unopened can, carefully cut out the bottom, pull out most of the Copenhagen leaving the outer edge and the top layer in, fill it with crushed Oreos, then carefully seal the bottom back up. When you open the can, all the freshman see and smell is the top layer. When your partner has the audience's attention, carefully push the top layer to one side and put the Oreos on your food. Then act like a redneck who's about to puke.

Of course its even funnier when they realize they accidentally have the real cans of Copenhagen, but still go through with the skit.

Probably the Bass Hall in Fort Worth.
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: October 07, 2005, 09:28:13 AM

Not unless they moved it to downtown Ft. Worth. ;)

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #63 on: October 07, 2005, 10:25:31 AM

Oh and by the way lilly, why does the kitty in your avatar look like it was hit in the face with a frying pan?

I googled "ugliest dog", thinking I'd like to use this:

But then I saw this lil' guy and fell in love. Poor thing. A face only a mother could love.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: October 07, 2005, 10:38:49 AM

Not unless they moved it to downtown Ft. Worth. ;)

Ahh okay... see I try to avoid anything and everything even remotely related to the 50-mile radius around Dallas.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #65 on: October 07, 2005, 10:48:53 AM

Please tell me those animals' eyes have been photoshopped in.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #66 on: October 07, 2005, 10:53:35 AM

They are both rea critters. The dog has glaucoma, and the kitty is a Persian (they always look fucked-up anyway), I imagine the eyes just opened. I hope. Poor thing.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Soln
Terracotta Army

the opportunity for evil is just delicious

Reply #67 on: October 07, 2005, 12:08:32 PM

my girlfriend took a very needed week off this week, and spent 2.5 days on a stepladder washing her mother's ceiling, thick with smoke from 2 people for >15 years.  I can relate all too well.  Insurance premiums should be higher for smokers, period.
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #68 on: October 07, 2005, 12:10:23 PM

Insurance premiums should be higher for smokers, period.

How dare you suggest people take responsibility for their actions.

You commie fascist.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Hammond
Terracotta Army

Reply #69 on: October 07, 2005, 12:30:12 PM

I would like to add if you were planning on painting a interior house using a primer like Kilz will go a long way in helping seal in what you didn't clean up.  Kilz is used to cover up mold damaged walls and I have found it works pretty good on tar stained walls.  Good stuff, stinks to high heaven so make sure you open the place up and let it air out but I tell you what it works great.  Also might want to consider getting the carpets professionally cleaned before you move in.  If the carpets are more than 10 years old it would scare you to death to look under them.  Also if its central air consider hiring a professional cleaner to clean the vents out. You would be suprised at the shit that piles up in them.  Other than that congrates on the new house!

Use Simple Green to get the stains off your walls. It's non-toxic and biodegradable, smells kinda minty and can be diluted to extend the bottle. When I quit smoking a few years ago I had to spend a day cleaning the walls/curtains/furniture and it worked great. Also, if you're concerned about residual nasties in the air, you can get a decent HEPA filter for about $30. Your wife and kid might be sick from the cleaning products you used (indoor air pollution is the leading cause of asthma in Americans). Get a few houseplants. NASA has been conducting experiments on the air-purifying effects of several species for decades, with remarkable results. Good ones to start with: Boston fern, dragon-tree (Dracaena v. "Janet Craig"), peace lily (Spathyphyllum sp.) and golden pothos (that heart-shaped leaf plant with yellow spot on it). These are all very cheap and can be purchased at most grocery stores' floral depts. Good luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: You smokers fuckin' disgust me  
Jump to: