Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:14:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172852 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1400 on: August 04, 2009, 01:46:55 PM

Awww this is cute. FYI Jain Zar is our resident basement dwelling retro gamer.  If it doesn't have giant robots or giant pixels, he won't touch it.

To put it plainly, BG2 is very good.  The fact that it's inspiring a tome of fanfic may be an indication that it's probably worth playing.  

-Rasix
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #1401 on: August 04, 2009, 01:53:20 PM

You're expected to deduct that if a thread about a humongous nerd playing through the game attracted massive attention and managed to span 8 pages, maybe that would happen because the game is actually worth a damn.

Failing that, you could just not become a drama queen and take the tips as friendly jabs, which is what they are. Friendly jabs to the dick, but friendly jabs nonetheless.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #1402 on: August 04, 2009, 01:59:50 PM

-TF2 is on hold while I get some CS love worked out by playing Neotokyo (free source mod, check Steam forum).  L4D hasn't been touched in so long, I had some fun but I def will not purchase the next one for more then $10 if at all.

-I've been playing some charge characters for the first time ever in SFIV (Honda & Boxer mostly) and I've been playing Seth a lot.  I think Seth is a good character choice but as always I need to work on my terrible scrub execution.  Recently I've been perfecting my focus cancel out of srk with the shotos but I haven't been able to link it to ultra yet.  The d-pad continues to rip a hole in my thumb whenever I play for 2+ hours in a day.

-Blood Bowl, my orc team in the west coast league is getting a bit better.  I'm solid with the combat mechanics and my offense has improved a little, I should have won versus Skaven or at least tied but Gutter Runner w/ +1 AGI and extra arms = 1 turn score very easily.  I've looked into some defense setups to stop them but honestly I just don't trust forcing dodge rolls as a valid defense.  I've also been playing public league games versus some of the f13 bb crew.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1403 on: August 04, 2009, 02:48:56 PM

So I am expected to read through 8 pages of some guys role playing to try to discern if a game is still good or not?

k thnx.
Much sense of entitlement?

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1404 on: August 04, 2009, 06:42:29 PM

I swear to god you're always playing the same set of games as me, within a few week window of me starting or quitting them.

Dude, I'm sorry to hear you have terrible OCD and ADHD. awesome, for real

Really, that is somewhat disturbing because I am very random.  Hoping to finish Mana Khemia before #2 hits, but I will probably do something dumb like start playing Baroque again.

About Last Remnant, I expected to hit a max chain of 999 today.  Instead it kept going and I have a chain of 1001.  Pretty sure it's time to head back to the world map now.

About LotRO, today I managed to finish off the pie and mail deeds with Dwuli.  Patience+2!

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1405 on: August 05, 2009, 03:46:31 AM

Awww this is cute. FYI Jain Zar is our resident basement dwelling retro gamer.  If it doesn't have giant robots or giant pixels, he won't touch it.

To put it plainly, BG2 is very good.  The fact that it's inspiring a tome of fanfic may be an indication that it's probably worth playing.  

Hey.  I like high resolution.  But I don't like shit gameplay and modern grey 3d gameworlds full of grimdark.

I do however like things turn based. 
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #1406 on: August 05, 2009, 05:34:45 AM

You guys convinced me to buy that discounted Relic pack on Steam, so I'm once again trying to demonstrate myself how much I suck at RTS, specifically at Company of Heroes, for now.

But the explosions are totally worth it. I could just sit there for hours blowing stuff up in CoH.

I'm currently playing the second mission of the Normandy campaign, having a blast (immediately started playing at "hard" level because I'M NO PUSSY) : it took me almost 2 hours and half of continous play to conquer just half of the territory. I'm barely having a clue, but the progression is nice and I love how cinematic the game is.  awesome, for real

I think it would benefit from more blood, dismemberment and bodies that stay more time on the ground to witness the total carnage. Yeah.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
MisterNoisy
Terracotta Army

Reply #1407 on: August 05, 2009, 07:37:25 AM

Revisiting Prinny: Can I Really be the Hero?, some Space Invaders Extreme and Monster Hunter Freedon Unite.

I hate work trips.

XBL GT:  Mister Noisy
PSN:  MisterNoisy
Steam UID:  MisterNoisy
Tairnyn
Terracotta Army

Reply #1408 on: August 05, 2009, 12:00:05 PM

Valkyria Chronicles, my firsrt PS3 rental, which turns out to be a pretty enjoyable turn-based strategy game. Sometimes I feel like I'm at the mercy of the RNG but in general it rewards good tactics.

Trying to make it through BG1 as part of the BGT but the slow pacing involved in exploring each zone is wearing on me. Considering just jumping to BG2 to ramp up the fun but I never got a chance to try the Sword Coast so I may stick with it.

Almost finished with Trine, which I hoped would be more like The Lost Vikings than the action-based platformer it has evolved into.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #1409 on: August 05, 2009, 12:16:03 PM

Dude, I'm sorry to hear you have terrible OCD and ADHD. awesome, for real

Really, that is somewhat disturbing because I am very random.  Hoping to finish Mana Khemia before #2 hits, but I will probably do something dumb like start playing Baroque again.

Yeah, see, this is the downright disturbing part.  Baroque is sitting in the "I'll play this again when I get bored sometime" pile.  Are you sure I'm not you?  And yeah, I have no attention span when it comes to games, aside from lord of the rings for some reason.  I think this calls for a "GET OUT OF MY HEAD" from one of us.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1410 on: August 05, 2009, 12:52:35 PM

Are you sure I'm not you?

Not very.  Did you almost boot up Eternal Poison?  Had the case in my hand today.  Instead I went back to Last Remnant.

I figured out a while back that my party members have their own inventories and gold but I did not know why.  Turns out when you go back to town, they might buy new weapons.  I have no idea how much cash they all earned while I was getting that thousand+ chain in Berechevaltelle, but when I went to another combat area I noticed Oakes (he's a bad ass) had a purple forked khukri with fire on the blade and that Torgal had four axes that looked like he got them from a dremora in The Elder Scrolls.  Also they had no money and no items.  I don't remember seeing anything about this in the manual, and I had been buying non-mitra weapons with the idea that they might nab some from my inventory if I upgraded them enough (they took some AP+ charms a few times).  These new weapons plus a ranking of 92 means I'm steamrolling everything at the moment.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #1411 on: August 05, 2009, 12:58:31 PM

Not very.  Did you almost boot up Eternal Poison?  Had the case in my hand today.  Instead I went back to Last Remnant.

Almost did a few days ago instead of playing Last Remnant.  The very fact that we both even own this game also puts me in a very small, uncomfortable boat with you that mildly frightens me.  I think I need a time out, or an adult. 

How about Nobunaga's Ambition:  Iron Triangle, that was the other one I almost started, and didn't want to sink a few weeks of my life into at the time?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 01:00:02 PM by Ard »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1412 on: August 05, 2009, 01:04:14 PM

Don't have that one, so you can sleep easy. Ohhhhh, I see.  I stopped with Rot3K X.

Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #1413 on: August 05, 2009, 01:07:35 PM

Don't have that one, so you can sleep easy. Ohhhhh, I see.  I stopped with Rot3K X.

Oh thank god.  I was starting to worry about my sanity.  I clearly need more Cthulhu in my diet so that ceases to be a problem.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1414 on: August 06, 2009, 04:53:57 AM

I do however like things turn based. 

Funny thing is I tried BG1 (I think) and lost interest before I got out of the first town. Then again, since I bought it, it meant I had a PC at the time, which I bought for EQ, so the 3d sandbox thing was obviously more for me.

Oh, are you on Blood Bowl yet? Because you, my friend, definately should be.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #1415 on: August 06, 2009, 11:45:06 AM

fallout 3 latest dlc is a steaming pile of shit.  swamp poop Wtf is Bethesda trying to accomplish, I have no idea.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1416 on: August 07, 2009, 08:46:34 AM

fallout 3 latest dlc is a steaming pile of shit.  swamp poop Wtf is Bethesda trying to accomplish, I have no idea.

Is this the UFO expansion?  I discovered that if you try to play the F3 DLC but your 360 is not connected to the internets, the DLC will not load.

Went back to Prototype yesterday.  Not sure this will last long before I go back to Last Remnant and start hunting rare monsters.

Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1417 on: August 07, 2009, 09:21:09 AM

AoC free month up, picked up Anno 1404. Finished the second campaign, enjoying it a lot. Definitely one of those "oh shit, what time is it?" games.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1418 on: August 07, 2009, 10:40:14 AM

I'm not super acquainted with the games for windows live deal and just got the DLC for fallout 3.  Is there something that I should be looking for when the game loads that will tell me that it is installed?  

Edit:  Nevermind.  Got it figgerd out.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 01:25:15 PM by ghost »
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1419 on: August 07, 2009, 11:08:59 AM

Dwarf Fortress.  Preparing to break open the vault of demons.  Taking forever.
Witcher: Enhanced Edition.  Was that a new intro sequence? Seemed to have more detail in it.  Game runs pretty well now.  Load times could still be better.
WoW
UFC 2009.  Easier subs doesn't mean much when I can't not knock people out.

None get played for long except DF, which I can just let run while my slow ass dwarfs take forever to do stuff.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 11:13:02 AM by Rasix »

-Rasix
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #1420 on: August 07, 2009, 12:35:48 PM

Damn, I'm totally in love with Company of Heroes  awesome, for real awesome, for real

Hard as hell for me (like I said, I utterly suck at RTS), but the atmosphere and gameplay is  Heart

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #1421 on: August 07, 2009, 03:33:09 PM

DCSS, Diablo II, and BlazBlue when me and my opponents schedules match (never).  Honestly though I've probably spent less than 10 hours gaming in the last month because I finally bought Ableton Live.  After using Sonar for years I'm in fucking heaven. 

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #1422 on: August 07, 2009, 06:50:08 PM

Is this the UFO expansion?  I discovered that if you try to play the F3 DLC but your 360 is not connected to the internets, the DLC will not load.

Went back to Prototype yesterday.  Not sure this will last long before I go back to Last Remnant and start hunting rare monsters.

Mothership Zeta is a shooter DLC in alien ship. Do Not Want.

Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #1423 on: August 07, 2009, 11:36:38 PM

I haven't played Fallout 3 since I finished the main story arc and didn't like the Chinese snow base DLC too much, but my GF is still playing Fallout 3 religoiusly, every DLC that's come out, and she likes the alien space ship DLC. What's wrong with it?

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1424 on: August 08, 2009, 03:18:57 AM

I got my (PC) Fallout DLC on a DVD. It's actually good, in that it's not tied to an account or anything. I could have even returned it to EB once I installed it (but didn't). I will be lending it to someone at work so they can play it, despite the warning printed on the disc "do not lend or make illegal copies of this disc".

The Chinese ice base bit was a bit crappy, IMO. Just a FPS level. I am, however liking my Chinese Stealth Suit a lot. Haven't done Anchorage yet though. Still explorating the Capitol Wasteland.

Ahem.

Aside from my weekend bout of F3, I'm having time off from Rock Band since my throat is stuffed from a cold and I can barely talk let alone sing. And been playing around with that sad MK-DC game a little.

Also trying to get in a game (or at least a half) of Bloodbowl once a day.

rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #1425 on: August 08, 2009, 07:14:24 AM

I don't see Fallout 3 as a very good shooter. Its strongest point was exploring the wasteland. Instead of exploration, what I've got from the DLCs is just a terrible shooter in an alien ship. Very little dialogue, nothing much to explore, just white corridors with buttons pressing and lots of combat sprinkled with shiny DLC loot.

Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #1426 on: August 09, 2009, 09:16:48 PM

So, King of Fighters 12.

Fuck.
Playmore fucked up. Royally. On all fronts.

Game doesn't look as good as Blazblue, has ridiculous loading times to open the pause menu and the command trees, all characters have been hilariously simplified, you can't start combos from a ground dash anymore, several characters have terrible design (ralf and clark are as muscular as zangief now, joe needs a sandwich, iori looks like even more of a fashion victim than  usual, and fuck ash crimson and his buddies), several command move combos are simply gone.

Good stuff: game's fast. Ryu and Robert still are fun to play. The new counter system is nifty, as is the active parry system (which is just extra mode dodge with a new command, but still better than nothing).
Bad stuff: everything else. Seriously.

Skip this piece of trash. SFIV and Blazblue are so superior it isn't even funny.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2009, 09:19:15 PM by Hindenburg »

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1427 on: August 09, 2009, 11:37:35 PM

I've started playing the first Dawn of War because people at work play it. Fuck is it complicated. I haven't really played an RTS since Starcraft and this seems a lot more down the windy genrefied path of increasing complexity. There's like a billion different resources to manage.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1428 on: August 10, 2009, 06:46:46 AM

I've started playing the first Dawn of War because people at work play it. Fuck is it complicated. I haven't really played an RTS since Starcraft and this seems a lot more down the windy genrefied path of increasing complexity. There's like a billion different resources to manage.

It really isn't that bad once you get rolling.  And there really is a different strategy between the races that makes it interesting.  Each race will have different "resources" so be ready to relearn some once you change around.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1429 on: August 10, 2009, 01:04:45 PM

Getting kind of tired of Dawn of Discovery after about 30 hours.  I've finished the campaign and done a few of the scenarios and the only real difficulties tend to be 'more' related.  As in, there isn't any added complexity just a where do you build more stuff to support an increase in population sort of problem.

Still playing Sword of the Stars though, compared to Dawn of Discovery it still manages to throw new things at me every game.  Started a 5 player (me vs 4 AI) 120 system game on Sunday and already ran into two new random menaces that I had never encountered before and also this is my first play through where the RNG gave me Zuul as one of my opponents.  Fortunately, the Zuul are on the other side of the map with a hostile Hiver and a Friendly Liir empire between me and them.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1430 on: August 11, 2009, 12:09:58 AM

Completed my third run through Mass Effect.  About to get started on Uncharted.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #1431 on: August 11, 2009, 12:53:59 AM

It really isn't that bad once you get rolling.  And there really is a different strategy between the races that makes it interesting.  Each race will have different "resources" so be ready to relearn some once you change around.

There are resource points, which for some reason are distinct from strategic points, then there are relic points and super mineral points. And your squads can have different numbers of weapons and such as well so each squad also has a mini-resource problem associated with it.

I like the idea of capturing and battling over distinct resource points, but why there need to be four distinct types is beyond me. It definitely strikes me as the syndrome that games get into when they begin to cater more and more to loyal fans of the genre.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
rk47
Terracotta Army

Reply #1432 on: August 11, 2009, 01:38:38 AM

Finally got my groove going on Fallout 3, it was the right decision to ignore DLC and just focus on exploring DC. Hit level 21 and picked up the Explorer perk to reveal hot spots in the world map. Saw 'White House' point of interest , but unsure how to get there. Anyone have a clue?

Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1433 on: August 11, 2009, 02:04:54 AM

Haven't been there yet myself, but
http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/White_House

I found Operation Anchorage to be quite sub-par really, (and it also finishes the quest "you have to shoot them in the head", FYI).

SInce I play a stealth-sniper type character though, I found that Chinese Stealth Suit to be an ultimately useful bit of loot. I should do The Pitt, but I want to visit the Republic of Dave first. Kinda torn between doing all these quests while capped at Level 20 and "wasting" the xp, while waiting for the second DLC disc (fuck GFWL) to come out, with the level cap raise...

Dawn of War (first one, Marine Campaign) was the first RTS I finished since Warcraft 2. I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but I liked the emphasis in DoW on combat rather than having a million peons harvesting. I'm also a Warhammer geek though, so that helped.

Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1434 on: August 11, 2009, 02:45:58 AM

So, do the discs work with the Steam version? I might buy the second one for the new level limit.

Moved on (backwards) from Crawl to Adom. Not being able to use mouse and keyboard at the same time really cramps my style.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: