Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:34:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172922 times)
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #1365 on: July 31, 2009, 10:36:39 AM

I need help: Does anyone remember a text-based RPG from about 1986 or 1987, wherein you were an explorer that spends at least one part of the game in Tibet? I remember one scene where you enter a monastery where monks are meditating, and they won't respond to you unless you leave an offering for Buddha. I'm dying to play it (haven't since 3rd grade).

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1366 on: July 31, 2009, 12:38:24 PM

Mana Khemia
LotRO

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1367 on: July 31, 2009, 02:05:09 PM

Yeah, so I bought Dawn of War II, Nikopol, and Sacred 2. 

Convenient, since I really don't have time to play any of them.  Additionally, I have Witcher, Mass Effect and Assassin's creed to get through at some point prior to Aion being released.   I really shouldn't buy any more games for a while.......
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1368 on: August 02, 2009, 02:51:15 AM

Broke my right hand and now I'm checking out which games I can play with mouse alone or keyboard alone. Since the right hand is my mouse hand everything twitch related or with fine tuning needed is automatically out until I trained my left accordingly.

I see four weeks of DOS-based roguelikes ahead of me.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #1369 on: August 02, 2009, 07:16:11 AM

Finally getting around to some recent releases that I missed due to having a crap PC.

World in Combat
Dawn of War II
training skills in Eve
Aion beta
TF2

Kind of a shame when I have stacks of unplayed console games sitting around. I haven't seriously used my 360 in months, or the PS2.

Also, gotta love Steam for their sweet, sweet deals.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sir T
Terracotta Army

Reply #1370 on: August 03, 2009, 05:42:17 AM

Hacked my way through Dawn of war II on veteran, nearly threw my PC out the window as it was too bloody hard, restarted on normal and snoozed my way through it. Why the hell do games companies have to set the difficulty on "Normal = for paraplegics, one step up = arm wrestling a wwe wrestler"

Playing a lot of Swords of the Stars as well. And I still have to get off my ass and finish the Witcher.

Hic sunt dracones.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #1371 on: August 03, 2009, 05:54:37 AM

M&B, Dwarf Fortress and TF2 when I'm not getting random 500+ ping spikes.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #1372 on: August 03, 2009, 10:55:08 AM

I need help: Does anyone remember a text-based RPG from about 1986 or 1987, wherein you were an explorer that spends at least one part of the game in Tibet? I remember one scene where you enter a monastery where monks are meditating, and they won't respond to you unless you leave an offering for Buddha. I'm dying to play it (haven't since 3rd grade).

Hey, thanks for trying, everyone! Fucking useless motherfuckers.

It was Serpent's Star.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #1373 on: August 03, 2009, 11:52:14 AM

Dwarf Fortress mostly. Just because it's easy to queue a bunch of stuff during boring work teleconferences.  I wish I knew how to configure the notices that autopause the game.  I really don't need to know when I've struck some useless non economic stone.

WoW.  For only about 20 minutes max a day. Free time is baby time.

-Rasix
Ingmar
Terracotta Army

Auto Assault Affectionado

Reply #1374 on: August 03, 2009, 11:58:11 AM

Hey, thanks for trying, everyone! Fucking useless motherfuckers.

It was Serpent's Star.

I went searching for it but I didn't find anything!

Oh, and I am playing BOOKWORM ADVENTURES VOLUME TWO, BABY.  DRILLING AND MANLINESS

The Transcendent One: AH... THE ROGUE CONSTRUCT.
Nordom: Sense of closure: imminent.
Prospero
Terracotta Army

Reply #1375 on: August 03, 2009, 12:02:50 PM

Broke my right hand and now I'm checking out which games I can play with mouse alone or keyboard alone. Since the right hand is my mouse hand everything twitch related or with fine tuning needed is automatically out until I trained my left accordingly.

I see four weeks of DOS-based roguelikes ahead of me.

Try Aquaria for a 2D side scroller that is entirely mouse driven. I found it quite enjoyable.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #1376 on: August 03, 2009, 02:33:55 PM

I really thought I knew almost all old CRPGs. I never heard about Serpents Star. Whats that about.

Edit: Ah, successor to Mask of the Sun. That was no RPG, but an Adventure. My honor is restored.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:10:55 PM by Tebonas »
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #1377 on: August 03, 2009, 03:57:30 PM

I really thought I knew almost all old CRPGs. I never heard about Serpents Star. Whats that about.

Edit: Ah, successor to Mask of the Sun. That was no RPG, but an Adventure. My honor is restored.

Search for the Lhasa Scrolls!

I'm gonna download it tonight (plus an emulator). I remember loving this game as a wee kid, and I haven't played a good old-school adventure game since I found Shadowgate for the GBA.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 03:59:16 PM by voodoolily »

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #1378 on: August 03, 2009, 07:50:47 PM

Sims 3 with AwesomeMod and Indie Stone Story Progression. I need EA to release an expansion, and fast. swamp poop

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
Triforcer
Terracotta Army

Reply #1379 on: August 03, 2009, 07:52:44 PM

Yahoo chess. I'm not impressed with the graphics, but the gameplay seems to have legs. 

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu.  This is the truth!  This is my belief! At least for now...
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #1380 on: August 03, 2009, 09:34:28 PM

Sims 3 with AwesomeMod and Indie Stone Story Progression. I need EA to release an expansion, and fast. swamp poop

Can you wait until November 16?
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #1381 on: August 03, 2009, 09:39:09 PM

Had the urge to start playing Mass Effect again, and still having fun with H2Overdrive at work also.  Plus I ordered Gears of War 2 and Uncharted for about $60 total (new) including tax and shipping, so I'll be getting into those soon also.
CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #1382 on: August 03, 2009, 10:45:17 PM

Finally got Gears of War from Gamefly.

Sadly, I'm not impressed enough to play past the first chapter. That "lead the nasty unshootable beastie through the smashable doors" part was just a bit too frustrating. And I was playing on casual.

A scrub is me, I guess.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #1383 on: August 03, 2009, 11:15:40 PM

Not much gaming time outside of the weekends.

So more little bits of:
Fallout 3 on the weekends.

And with the wife, in small sessions at various times:
LotR: The Third Age
Rock Band 2
Lips

swamp poop

Red Faction Guerilla got pushed to the side for the time being, as did Saints Row 2's final DLC missions. And everything else.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Tarami
Terracotta Army

Reply #1384 on: August 04, 2009, 05:11:11 AM

- I'm giving you this one for free.
- Nothing's free in the waterworld.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1385 on: August 04, 2009, 05:46:24 AM

'Splosion Man! Oh god yes! The best platformer I've played in 20 years, honestly.  awesome, for real
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #1386 on: August 04, 2009, 07:53:05 AM

Last Remnant [360] - I love the combat and exploration for some reason.
SMT: Devil Survivor [DS]
Overlord II [PS3]
Mana Khemia [PS2] - This game makes me laugh out loud more than any other one I can remember.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
ghost
The Dentist

Reply #1387 on: August 04, 2009, 08:56:36 AM

Nikopol actually has me oddly interested.  It has a decent setting I suppose and the typical puzzle crap those type games seem to have.  I can screw around with it without it having my full attention, however, which is good.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 10:25:09 AM by ghost »
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #1388 on: August 04, 2009, 09:21:31 AM

You guys convinced me to buy that discounted Relic pack on Steam, so I'm once again trying to demonstrate myself how much I suck at RTS, specifically at Company of Heroes, for now.

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #1389 on: August 04, 2009, 09:32:00 AM

Page 40 update, still playing AoC. Level 52 Conq, running through the solo content since trying to put together PUGs for the group stuff in any sort of timely fashion is so dicey. Still having fun, loving the lore helps a lot, melee is fun as heck. Not sure how replayable it is, I've got a few alts in Tortage yet and while the slightly different story per archetype is interesting, post-Tortage seems like it would get old really fast. Major lack of content. Maybe I'm being a bit unfair as I'm used to EQ2 where there's too much content unless you level lock (and that's just the solo stuff).

Trying to decide whether to re-up, my free month is up in a couple days.
Hindenburg
Terracotta Army

Itto

Reply #1390 on: August 04, 2009, 09:33:59 AM

If you keep playing, you'll have fun. Thing is, if you let the sub run out, you probably won't miss it one bit. Conan's odd like that.

"Who uses Outlook anyway?  People who get what they deserve, that's who." - Ard.
jakonovski
Terracotta Army

Reply #1391 on: August 04, 2009, 09:34:56 AM

You guys convinced me to buy that discounted Relic pack on Steam, so I'm once again trying to demonstrate myself how much I suck at RTS, specifically at Company of Heroes, for now.

But the explosions are totally worth it. I could just sit there for hours blowing stuff up in CoH.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1392 on: August 04, 2009, 10:53:24 AM

Sword of the Stars and Dawn of Discovery (Pro-tip: Carts only pick-up, they don't drop off.  A decent manual would've been nice).

Since either game sucks about 5 hours of my life away whenever I click the icon and I need to go to work to pay the bills I'm not getting a lot of sleep lately.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Ard
Terracotta Army

Reply #1393 on: August 04, 2009, 11:02:30 AM

Overlord II [PS3]
Mana Khemia [PS2] - This game makes me laugh out loud more than any other one I can remember.

Good god.  Okay, seriously, from now on, just ditto whatever Yegolev is playing for me.  I swear to god you're always playing the same set of games as me, within a few week window of me starting or quitting them.  I beat Mana Khemia like a month ago.  I just started Last Remnant two nights ago.  Overlord II I took a pass on because my wife was playing it obsessively.  Devil Survivor is sitting in my backpack.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #1394 on: August 04, 2009, 01:03:38 PM

Overlord II [PS3]

Good god.  Okay, seriously, from now on, just ditto whatever Yegolev is playing for me.  I swear to god you're always playing the same set of games as me, within a few week window of me starting or quitting them.  I beat Mana Khemia like a month ago.  I just started Last Remnant two nights ago.  Overlord II I took a pass on because my wife was playing it obsessively.  Devil Survivor is sitting in my backpack.

You and Yegolev are soulmates.  Heart

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Sleep
Terracotta Army

Reply #1395 on: August 04, 2009, 01:08:15 PM

Come back when you have any gamer cred.

wait...I have no "gamer cred" because I never played BG2? I was ten in 1998 and didnt have a pc back then.
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #1396 on: August 04, 2009, 01:12:43 PM

Come back when you have any gamer cred.

wait...I have no "gamer cred" because I never played BG2? I was ten in 1998 and didnt have a pc back then.

Dude don't you know games stop being fun 6 months after release now?  Ohhhhh, I see.
Sleep
Terracotta Army

Reply #1397 on: August 04, 2009, 01:18:29 PM

Dude don't you know games stop being fun 6 months after release now?  Ohhhhh, I see.

I don't know what this means. I was just asking if anyone has played it recently because its an old game and many old games that used to rock suck ass now. I don't want to drop 20 bucks on a turd pile, but if its good then I'll check it out for sure.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #1398 on: August 04, 2009, 01:33:39 PM

I was just asking if anyone has played it recently because its an old game and many old games that used to rock suck ass now. I don't want to drop 20 bucks on a turd pile, but if its good then I'll check it out for sure.

http://forums.f13.net/index.php?topic=17135.0

You should try reading the forums here.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sleep
Terracotta Army

Reply #1399 on: August 04, 2009, 01:43:00 PM

So I am expected to read through 8 pages of some guys role playing to try to discern if a game is still good or not?

k thnx.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: