Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:16:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172937 times)
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #490 on: October 09, 2008, 04:20:35 PM

2 weeks ago: Spore. Got to space age and...I lost interest. The patch that meant I kept getting killed in creature stage didn't help.

SO, back to World War 2 Online again. I missed the 8 Day Jamm's War Allied Victory but the Axis are fighting hard this round and due to the shorter time period of Tier-0 it's going to be a long battle (one before the 8 day war was 89 days long Axis Victory).

Diest is still on the front line.

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
schild
Administrator

Reply #491 on: October 10, 2008, 03:25:12 AM

WAR
Linger in Shadows
Mega Man 9 Endless Mode
trias_e
Terracotta Army

Reply #492 on: October 10, 2008, 05:54:36 AM

WAR, FF4.  FF4 on DS is motherfucking mix of  DRILLING AND MANLINESS and  ACK!

(it's awesome but really hard)
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #493 on: October 11, 2008, 10:02:33 AM

NHL 09.

LOTS of NHL 09.

Also, went back to EQ2 last month with some friends. I'm actually playing a true caster for like, the first time in a game ever (not counting my stupid WoW Priest).

Illusionist is fun, but a pain to solo with due to low DPS.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #494 on: October 11, 2008, 10:04:26 AM

I just devoured The Rise and Fall of Alexandria: Birthplace of the Modern World by Justin Pollard and Howard Reid.  It was fucking fantastic and after reading it I wanted a city builder.  All hail Tilted Mill, Children of the Nile Alexandria is great fun!

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #495 on: October 12, 2008, 10:49:49 AM

Playing Silent Storm again.

Fuck, it's only THE BEST turn based strategy thing EVAR.

Yes, it shits on X-Com on the tactical part.  I kinda wish they'd taken it to the logical conclusion, sorted out the wee niggly issues and released an alien one.

Those who wish to bring up Panzerkleins, just don't.

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
lesion

Reply #496 on: October 12, 2008, 06:42:59 PM

Played Fire Warrior as far as I could before vomiting blood. It's so very painful.

steam|a grue \[T]/
rk47
Terracotta Army

The Patron Saint of Radicalthons

Reply #497 on: October 12, 2008, 07:44:39 PM

finished crysis warhead in 1 week. wtf.

Colonel Sanders is back in my wallet
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #498 on: October 12, 2008, 09:39:35 PM

Hm. I'm wrapping up Two Worlds, and SS is on my stack of possibles for the next game (with some Spore thrown in for good measure).

I'm considering HoMaM 5, Thief 3 (still haven't finished it due to AI bugs midway), or finishing off the last bits of Jade Empire or Freedom Force 2. Or maybe just more SimGolf. Mashunu!

More likely playing patch the stucco and repoint the concrete block with a bonus level of repaint the garage. Yay indian summer!
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #499 on: October 12, 2008, 10:10:09 PM

Disgaea 3 and WAR.  Disgaea 3 is pretty damn good.  Some of the tweaks to the system are damn cool and I'm liking the way that certain abilities chain together. I still can't level mages worth shit in this series.  WAR is WAR.  I haven't gotten to the grindy tier 3 shit and I may just keep rolling alts until they've done something drastic to address it.

Next week starts the new release flood.  Gyah.

Silent Storm would have been an all time great if it weren't for those stupid mecha suits.  If I type it this small, I really didn't bring it up, did I?

-Rasix
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #500 on: October 13, 2008, 07:11:31 AM

I've been playing Infinite Undiscovery.  I'm still only a few hours into it, heck, I'm not even sure if I've unlocked all the basic functions yet (You start with a reduced set and as you add members to your party you get access to their skills).  They made some weird decisions on what to voice and what not too.  There is so much dialogue though that I find my self humming A Little Less Conversation for most of a play session.

I hadn't played a jrpg since this time last year and that was more of a tactical rpg (Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness) so this is supposed to be warm-up for FFXII, Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4 and the other big name releases coming up.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #501 on: October 13, 2008, 07:29:55 AM

I'm supposed to be getting Infinite Undiscovery for play after LEGO Batman trails off, but currently I have my wife downloading LotRO.  This is almost entirely because she cannot get The Sims to run.

The boy is all into LEGO Batman.

I am still playing LEGO Batman with the wife, and occasional Force Unleashed when I get some time.  Last night I went back to Digital Devil Saga II after a long break and the story went ACK! and I was like swamp poop but it's going to be DRILLING AND MANLINESS even though I have not bothered to master any mantra with Roland outside of Dia and Media (don't shoot me, schild!).

It was a close race between DDSII, Persona 3 FES, Steambot, Mana Khemia, Disgaea 3, and SMT: Nocturne.  After 2-3 months of 360 gaming, I once again have the weeaboo fever.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #502 on: October 13, 2008, 02:51:35 PM

I'm still into Icewind Dale, even if its endless save reload Infinity Engine shit combat.  Seriously.  Infinity Engine games would be God's own gift to nerds if they had turn based combat.

And Dragon Quest 4 on the DS, which if possible takes one of the best 8 bit RPGs and makes it even better.  And I have a rad level up spot where Metal Slimes are uncommon.  The tower you need to get this root from in Chapter 5.  I dunno about daytime, but at night roughly 1 in 5 encounters has a Metal Slime in it, worth 1350 XP per party member when even hard areas only provide around 200 for a fight.

My party of choice is:  Female Hero, Maya, Meena, and Kiryl.  Everyone uses magic, and 3 out of 4 have healing spells, plus decent close combat abilities.

Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #503 on: October 13, 2008, 04:03:41 PM

If you're reloading "Constantly!!!1!" then you're doing it wrong. why so serious?

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #504 on: October 16, 2008, 06:52:39 AM

Looks like my dad is letting me use his 360 this winter when he goes to florida. Some people might be excited.

Not only will that cost me an HDMI>DVI adapter, but he plays goddamned shooters almost exclusively. He's given me about twenty xbox titles I don't like (and I've tried all of them at least a bit). I honestly don't get the shooters with thumbsticks thing. Apparently he also has a Madden (which I was excited about), but it's 2005 or something (of course).

So....meh.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #505 on: October 16, 2008, 09:36:16 AM

Take them to Gamestop and trade them all in and get something you like!   Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #506 on: October 16, 2008, 11:35:39 AM

I'm not sure they'd even take a dozen six-year-old xbox shooters. I mean the Matrix, ffs? I wish I made enough dough to build pop a proper pc. I guess maybe I'll take them all back and buy one cheap 360 game and give that to him when I give back the machine. I might even get $5 back for all of them. Maybe.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #507 on: October 16, 2008, 07:03:29 PM

I had never played Mount and Blade before, so I picked up a copy--nice to support the devs of that game with an actual purchase.

And jesus, it's addictive. So much so it's making me think: why does the minimalist "story" of this game drive me to want to play more, to the point that it killed my Warhammer playing cold this week? Part of it is the combat engine, which is always fun. Part of it is that new parts of the game structure reveal themselves slowly (building up some towns).

I think there's a lesson in Mount and Blade for MMOG designers--I'll have to ponder a bit what exactly that lesson is. Making combat exciting is part of it, but it's more than that.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #508 on: October 17, 2008, 07:45:53 AM

Ironwood, my fiancee thanks you. I finally unpacked a whole wall of boxes from my spare room and sorted a bunch of shit out. I didn't tell her I was just looking for my Silent Storm Gold discs :)

Played the tutorial and first mission, can't believe I got distracted away from playing this game! I've had it sitting there for a couple years now, I got it when I got Gothic 2 Gold, ffs. I think part of it was not being widescreen, but the expansion is indeed in widescreen, and the game is good enough that playing it stretched doesn't bug me.
Amarr HM
Terracotta Army

Reply #509 on: October 17, 2008, 08:34:55 AM

Fuck, it's only THE BEST turn based strategy thing EVAR.

Yes, it shits on X-Com on the tactical part.  I kinda wish they'd taken it to the logical conclusion, sorted out the wee niggly issues and released an alien one.

Those who wish to bring up Panzerkleins, just don't.

I just got my hands on Silent Storm never heard of it before so yeh I'm playin that right now, nice one bro  Thumbs up!

I'm going to escape, come back, wipe this place off the face of the Earth, obliterate it and you with it.
Brogarn
Terracotta Army

Reply #510 on: October 17, 2008, 01:28:14 PM

WAR. And doing my best trying to balance it time wise with married life. Tonite is date night. Tomorrow we're out all day. Hopefully that makes up for the past 4 nights of either playing WAR or watching that travesty of a MNF NFL game. It ain't easy having interests outside of those you share with your significant other. Not easy at all. I'm learnin though!

Ya, ok, that turned into an off topic. So, ya, uhh... WAAAAGH!!
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #511 on: October 18, 2008, 09:02:55 AM

I'm playing Insurgency, a halflife2 mod. Its basically a multiplayer FPS based on marines vs iraqi insurgents, with the usual multiplayer FPS loadouts. Why this one, as opposed to any number of others, especially considering the politically unsavory theme? Simply because its got better game play than most. WarRock was pretty good, but it was too small, and folks found all the superl33t hideyholes to kill you within a few weeks. This one's terrain is more variegated, so it has more variety.

Oh, ya, main reason: its free if you have any number of the HL2 packs off of Steam.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Taonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #512 on: October 18, 2008, 03:58:56 PM

I have to catch up with modern gaming thanks to WoW.

About to start playing

Bioshock
Sacred 2
Settlers 6: The Eastern Realm

Was playing titan quest, but its a biggest pile to crap I've ever played. Another example of why pirating games works out better then buying.
JWIV
Terracotta Army

Reply #513 on: October 18, 2008, 04:09:33 PM

World of Goo
The Witcher (Enhanced Edition)
Wipeout HD

Then the usual standbys of Sins of a Solar Empire and Dawn of War.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #514 on: October 19, 2008, 12:03:33 AM

Fall From Heaven
Peggle Nights
World of Goo

Yes, you actually can play a level of one of one the other games while waiting for your next turn on a huge map!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 12:05:04 AM by Tebonas »
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #515 on: October 19, 2008, 07:49:29 AM

I had forgot about World of Goo.  I'm SO going to play that!

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Stormwaltz
Terracotta Army

Reply #516 on: October 19, 2008, 12:17:18 PM

Fall From Heaven 0.34 and LotRO again. My main character made 49 last night, the highest level I've gone in an MMG (I had a 48 in CoV). I could make 50 before Moria if I raced, but that would significantly reduce my enjoyment.

Nothing in this post represents the views of my current or previous employers.

"Isn't that just like an elf? Brings a spell to a gun fight."

"Sci-Fi writers don't invent the future, they market it."
- Henry Cobb
Cim
Terracotta Army

Reply #517 on: October 20, 2008, 02:18:52 AM

Disgaea 3, Silent Hill 5 and Infinite Undiscovery.  :c\  So much to do.

Theres a place on your face that can save the human race, its called a smile, the positivity that it creates takes awhile, but the grin will turn an inch into a mile.
FatuousTwat
Terracotta Army

Reply #518 on: October 20, 2008, 03:41:45 AM

How is Infinite Undiscovery?

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #519 on: October 20, 2008, 07:25:03 AM

Started Infinite Undiscovery.  So far it's my favorite TriAce game, and I like it so much I'm actually considering getting the next Star Ocean (hated #3).
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
LotRO with the wife. Ohhhhh, I see.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #520 on: October 23, 2008, 02:21:43 AM

If a bloke around 'our' age wanted an xbox game for Christmas, which one would he want ?

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #521 on: October 23, 2008, 05:41:24 AM

If a bloke around 'our' age wanted an xbox game for Christmas, which one would he want ?

Dead Space.  Well, I only played the PC version and I hear the 360 one is difficult to control, but this one is an instant classic.

Is this bloke into weeaboo?  No?  I really like Lost Odyssey and Infinite Undiscovery, and I won't tell anyone if you do.

I'll suggest Force Unleashed on the idea that most people like Star Wars and extreme violence.  If you like force-choking a jawa, stabbing him with a lightsaber, and frying him with lightning before hurling him violently into another jawa, even better.

If he's not trying to maintain an image of manliness, LEGO Batman or LEGO Star Wars Complete.  I place LEGO Indiana Jones in third rank behind those, partly for the characters and partly for that one place where you have to jump back and forth between the rotating columns... jeez.

schild
Administrator

Reply #522 on: October 23, 2008, 05:46:03 AM

Dead Space. But let's be honest, we're not close enough to Christmas to make that call. About 15-30 more AAA games are coming out between now and then.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #523 on: October 23, 2008, 05:47:49 AM

Curious what you think might be better than Dead Space.

schild
Administrator

Reply #524 on: October 23, 2008, 05:50:23 AM

Mirror's Edge maybe? I assume Ironwood will get Left 4 Dead for the PC. Also, Persona 4 is coming out on the PS2, might not even be worth getting a 360 game. I assume Ironwood's problem is time, not money. In which case, Dead Space is what, 8-10 hours long, 15 on the first playthrough if you didn't basically master RE4. Also, thing about Ironwood, I don't even know if he's good at games. As such, Fable II might even be more his pace.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: