Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:00:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172825 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #280 on: July 24, 2008, 05:34:58 PM

Siren: Blood Curse. And it brings the goddamn scares.
lamaros
Terracotta Army

Reply #281 on: July 24, 2008, 10:28:59 PM

I am ashamed to admit I play WoW again, if only to level my Druid to 70 so I can check out the DK on another server. 3 Levels to go and already bored beyond belief.

Yeah you don't need to get to 70, just 55. Stop and save yourself the pain.

I played a bit of WoW over the holidays but it's mostly over now. I was tempted to get AC going again but I've lost the CD, alas.

Mostly I've been playing the "fuck up your sleep by staying up to 2am watching Le Tour every night" game. It's pretty relaxing, but you pay for it in the morning.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #282 on: July 24, 2008, 10:37:13 PM

You sure about that? Because my buddies still playing told me 55 does only suffice if I want to play him on the same server. Since they moved on to another server since I played, that is no longer an option for me.
schild
Administrator

Reply #283 on: July 26, 2008, 01:35:45 PM

Not only is Siren scary, it's really really fucking good. Like, WOW. How could they have made this out of the original game (which was horrible).
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #284 on: July 27, 2008, 03:55:59 AM

You sure about that? Because my buddies still playing told me 55 does only suffice if I want to play him on the same server. Since they moved on to another server since I played, that is no longer an option for me.

Nope, a 55 on any server allows you to make a Death Knight on any other server.  The one exception to that is new servers that haven't allowed transfer onto them yet.  On those, you'd need to have a 55 on that particular server.

(http://www.wowwiki.com/Starting_a_death_knight#Unlocking_the_Death_Knight)

Also, update:

PC: WoW, Audiosurf
360: GH3, MUA, and whatever comes on GameFly next (with my luck is probably NFS: ProStreet swamp poop).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 03:58:49 AM by caladein »

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #285 on: July 28, 2008, 08:18:55 AM

I started playing and am currently neck-achingly addicted to FFIII for the DS. Sauced played it the entire time we were in Japan, but I was too busy with Phantom Hourglass when he finished it. A year later...

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #286 on: July 28, 2008, 08:05:56 PM

I was playing Assassin's Creed, and before that I got a few more completion-points in Lego Star Wars.  Now I am disappointed that Dawn of War Gold + Winter Assault + Dark Crusade won't finish downloading before I go to sleep.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Engels
Terracotta Army

inflicts shingles.

Reply #287 on: July 28, 2008, 09:16:07 PM

Playing Mass Effect. Its good, but not as 'adult' as I was lead to believe. I don't mean boobage, I mean, like plot content. Its a Babylon 5 reduction sauce.

I should get back to nature, too.  You know, like going to a shop for groceries instead of the computer.  Maybe a condo in the woods that doesn't even have a health club or restaurant attached.  Buy a car with only two cup holders or something. -Signe

I LIKE being bounced around by Tonkors. - Lantyssa

Babies shooting themselves in the head is the state bird of West Virginia. - schild
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #288 on: July 29, 2008, 12:23:51 PM

WoW.  Guild drama ftl.  Luckily 2 friends resubbed so I can ignore the drama when I need to.

Super Mario Galaxy: Not bad so far.  I imagine it'll fall into the same Mario trap for me where about 60% of the way through it gets beyond my platforming abilities.

Digital Devil Saga 1 is in the mail.  YAY.  Looking forward to this.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2008, 12:26:30 PM by Rasix »

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #289 on: July 29, 2008, 09:38:39 PM

Cecil became a paladin.
schild
Administrator

Reply #290 on: July 29, 2008, 09:40:43 PM

Tellah learned meteor.
schild
Administrator

Reply #291 on: July 29, 2008, 09:56:13 PM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAY least favorite fight in the game, Baigan/Cagnazzo. Devil's road can eat my face. Save -> Quit.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #292 on: July 29, 2008, 10:31:22 PM

Super Mario Galaxy: Not bad so far.  I imagine it'll fall into the same Mario trap for me where about 60% of the way through it gets beyond my platforming abilities.

You only need about half the stars to beat the game, and really the only hard levels are the special comet ones.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #293 on: July 30, 2008, 06:28:41 AM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAY least favorite fight in the game, Baigan/Cagnazzo. Devil's road can eat my face. Save -> Quit.

Heading off to the Cave of Eblan, myself.  Dr. Lugae was more of a pain in the ass than I remember him.  Last time I buy this game god dammit!
schild
Administrator

Reply #294 on: July 30, 2008, 06:29:22 AM

This game touches me in all the right spots. If they ever do a REAL remake of them for a REAL console, I'll buy it (and VI) again.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #295 on: July 30, 2008, 08:34:41 AM

If they ever do a REAL remake of them for a REAL console, I'll buy it (and VI) again.

Yep, although I hear this rendition is rather good.  Dancers in every town is what I hear.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #296 on: July 30, 2008, 08:35:42 AM

Dr. Lugae was more of a pain in the ass than I remember him. 

Dr. Lugae? What, does he hork evil phlegm at you?  ACK!

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #297 on: July 31, 2008, 06:07:51 AM

I've got the pc + tv in the new house now (but not internet until tonight hopefully). Just can't get up the desire to play the current stack of titles....still going back to Gladius. While it's not a perfect game, it's one of the more addictive things I've played in a long time.
schild
Administrator

Reply #298 on: July 31, 2008, 06:09:00 AM

Gladius is a gateway drug to Disgaea and other NISA titles. Which are gateway drugs to the PS3. I hope you still love your (outdated, HAR) tv.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #299 on: July 31, 2008, 08:23:40 AM

In light or the current state of affairs, I'd say NIS tactical games aren't a gateway to a PS3.  Rather they are gateways to a new slim PS2.

I'm playing Dawn of War mostly, the initial campaign.  Maybe I will make it to the end before I get bored, but if not then I'll probably just skip to the next pack.

Also playing some GTAIV with the wife but that game is starting to piss me off on a regular basis.  One of the reasons is that there is this jump near Dwayne's apartment that I just cannot seem to get, even with an Infernus.  Otherwise I'm just poking at missions and being Otis'ed on the phone every twenty minutes by some fuckstick who is always on the other side of the city.

Playing EVE a bit, mostly working on skills until I get the time and inclination to run some Faction Warfare ops.

schild
Administrator

Reply #300 on: July 31, 2008, 08:24:18 AM

I say PS3 because D3 is PS3. And really, after D1 and D2, there's no real way to not play 3.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #301 on: July 31, 2008, 08:27:21 AM

Oh, I forgot about that.  My bad.  I have Shin Megami Tensei on the brain.  Killjoy is frothing about FFIV on DS while I am calling him an idiot for not knowing about Persona 3/4.  Apparently I must buy FFIV again.

schild
Administrator

Reply #302 on: July 31, 2008, 08:28:20 AM

It's good. It's harder than I remember. Also, The translation is decent and the voiceacting ranges from good to lol. They didn't have Tellah SAY spoony bard. But it's still there.
Rasix

Reply #303 on: July 31, 2008, 08:53:19 AM

Playing Digital Devil Saga.

I like it. 

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #304 on: July 31, 2008, 08:55:33 AM

I like it. 

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #305 on: July 31, 2008, 01:00:58 PM

I like it. 

It's awesome.  So is the second one.  I can't recall any other game in which I was fighting a boss monster that was trying very hard not to shit himself.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #306 on: August 01, 2008, 07:35:14 AM

Gladius is a gateway drug to Disgaea and other NISA titles.
No. I don't like pedo anime.
Rasix

Reply #307 on: August 01, 2008, 07:43:13 AM

Oh, you crazy free spirit, you!

Anyhow, DDS is shaping up to be very good.  Nice long dungeon crawls (maybe a bit too long).  It's interesting to see how they took this baseline and ended up later down the line with Persona 3.

-Rasix
schild
Administrator

Reply #308 on: August 01, 2008, 07:44:16 AM

And pedo anime doesn't like dirty hippies. Good thing Disgaea isn't pedo anime, you tasteless small-minded twit.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #309 on: August 01, 2008, 08:18:12 AM

The Disgaea combat/items/leveling system would probably overwhelm him.  It's the most complex system I can think of.  If I was a teenager I'd be all over it but I don't have that sort of free time to do more than putter at it.

I stayed up waaaay too late playing My Life as a King last night.  I went to the kitchen and thought "Oh shit, it's 1:30, I better stop after this next turn."  Next thing I know, it's 2:45.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #310 on: August 01, 2008, 08:21:35 AM

Pedo anime = looks like little kids done in the oriental style of cartoon. That's what Disgaea is. Fine if you like it, awful if you don't. Which sucks because it's probably a great game.

you tasteless small-minded twit.  Ohhhhh, I see.
Fat aggression  awesome, for real
schild
Administrator

Reply #311 on: August 01, 2008, 08:23:46 AM

There are some things just worth getting over. That's one of them. Open your mind a bit.

Fat aggression  awesome, for real

No, see, this was directly directly at you. You can't make the insult if you don't get the concept behind it. Twit.

Edit: I've forgotten how to use the quote function.
Azazel
Contributor

Reply #312 on: August 01, 2008, 07:09:06 PM

Interest in WoW has completely failed me yet again. I haven't even bothered to log on for my welfare epic points in the last month. I get on for long enough to do primal mooncloth transmutes these days. I guess I should clear the shit out of the post so I don't lose it all before my next resub around WotLK time.

Been playing more Marvel Ultimate Alliance on the weeknds and when my friends come over. The problem is they're not working now, and so they get up at 3pm and play shit all night, so when they come here they want to play all night(like till 4-4:30am) while I want to fuck them off out the damn door at 1:30-2:00am since I'm working and can't handle getting my sleep cycle fucked over on a weekly basis. Also started a 4-player Titan Quest campaign with them, with the whole "we only play these characters when we all play together". We'll see how long that lasts.

I'm playing Dawn of War mostly, the initial campaign.  Maybe I will make it to the end before I get bored, but if not then I'll probably just skip to the next pack.

I found the initial DoW campaign much more fun (I finished it!) than the Imperial Guard expansion or the stuff that came later (none of which I finished).

After someone here posted the Cinema mod for Max Payne 2, I've been playing that again.  It really does add some nice changes to the game.

linky? MP1/2 are a couple of my favorite games.

Not only is Siren scary, it's really really fucking good. Like, WOW. How could they have made this out of the original game (which was horrible).

What are you talking about? Links or thread please.

http://azazelx.wordpress.com/ - My Miniatures and Hobby Blog.
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #313 on: August 02, 2008, 09:20:47 AM

Drakensang, finally another roleplaying game to sink my teeth into. I think that will monopolize me for the next days.
caladein
Terracotta Army

Reply #314 on: August 03, 2008, 10:50:45 PM

360: GH3, Rock Band, and Puzzle Quest.

I bought PQ (again, already had it on PC via Steam) and its expansion today.  The new classes are pretty neat, playing a Warlock now, still just as addicting this time around.

I'm hardly playing GH3/RB Guitar as I still cannot figure out why playing chords with my Middle+Pinky hurts like a motherfucker.  RB Vocals gets old after a few sets, but I'm trying to make my way through the tiers just so it's "done".  Also, my voice is horrendously out of practice, so there's a bit of added challenge awesome, for real.

PC: EQ2, WoW, and Fall from Heaven II.

Picked up EQ2 again, I Heart Fury.  My graphics card is having some issues so I'm not catassing as much as I may want to (probably just a heat thing).  Reinstalled Civ4: BtS and should be starting up FfH2 again in a bit.  It may not be the greatest idea, but I've been hankering for some TBS action and can't get myself to load up Disgaea 2 for whatever reason.  Let's hope it doesn't trigger chain VPU recovers like EQ2's been doing the past few days...

"Point being, they can't make everyone happy, so I hope they pick me." -Ingmar
"OH MY GOD WE'RE SURROUNDED SEND FOR BACKUP DIG IN DEFENSIVE POSITIONS MAN YOUR NECKBEARDS" -tgr
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: