Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:17:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2173004 times)
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #13685 on: December 12, 2019, 05:51:06 PM

18 hours until PoE 3.9 league drops (with new Atlas endgame). It's a "bow league", but I was Ice Shot / Scourge arrow most of last league. That is only enhancing the pre-league start anxiety. Still have no idea on a build, but I'm leaning toward a Burning Arrow or Blade Vortex Chieftan. Not sure if a BA build might feel too slow on Chieftan. Maybe instead I'll do some flavor of raider, as it can do the new bow shenanigans but have incredible defense at the same time. Not really sure Burning Arrow would work with Raider as you have to go way left on the tree but you still should probably get acrobatics and phase acrobatics. Of course, I could actually treat league start as just a start and play something interesting once I have enough currency to roll it proper.  undecided

BattleTech is passing time well. Some really odd mid game difficulty spikes. Once you get into Assault mechs, the real fun begins. God bless the Awesome.

-Rasix
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13686 on: December 13, 2019, 07:23:37 AM

I sort of forgot that we started playing The Forest, which means I'm playing while my wife tells me that every one of my choices is wrong. High stress. Probably need to just play Conan.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Mandella
Terracotta Army

Reply #13687 on: December 13, 2019, 09:33:53 AM

I sort of forgot that we started playing The Forest, which means I'm playing while my wife tells me that every one of my choices is wrong. High stress. Probably need to just play Conan.

Apparently Conan has ponies now.

Haven't dropped in in a while to see any changes.
Comstar
Terracotta Army

Reply #13688 on: December 15, 2019, 10:01:43 PM

I'm flipping around between Total War Warhammer II (which is as good as the first but runs a bit slower on the "every fucking faction Mortal Empires campaign"), Dota Underlords and Football Manager 2020.

I'm back playing Total Total War Warhammer II. Turn times are FAST. I spend way more time waiting for battles to start and end. The Empire is really different now - the rebel's are a threat! You have to be NICE to the rest of the Empire factions but you can now get Military Access! You can spend political power to get two of them fighting each other and join in to grab them! ALL THE RUNEFANGS! Skaven undercities! The passes have fortresses now! SO MANY DIFFERENT Characters! You can even summon the elector counts (or put your lacky in their place and summon them instead).

Defending the Galaxy, from the Scum of the Universe, with nothing but a flashlight and a tshirt. We need tanks Boo, lots of tanks!
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #13689 on: December 16, 2019, 12:44:18 AM

For some reason, I got 30 hours into Final Fantasy 12 (which is the furthest I have ever made it in that game) and decided I don't really like my license choices.  So I started over.  I find I like the combat and the grind of this game, and the Hunting as well.  Strange that this game appeals to me more now than it did when it came out the first time.

Also still playing Persona 5.  I like this game as a nice, slow boil.  Only about 28 hours into it, I play it literally once per week on either Friday or Saturday evening.  It is strangely addictive, and at the same time I feel like I can let it simmer in the background.  I don't even feel I need to progress the plot to enjoy it.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13690 on: December 16, 2019, 07:32:57 AM

I enjoyed FF12 very much but somehow stalled out on the 2nd play of the Zodiac version.

I'm becoming rather halfass as a White Mage in FF14, at least in the 4 person dungeons.

Still rushing through Path of Exile as a zookeeper. Hit 53 and so far no need to buy equipment or pay much attention, although the Brine King did keep killing me over and over. Put 7-9 points in defense skills but unsure if that will help. However I killed the shit out of him anyway.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
Terracotta Army

You call it an accident. I call it justice.

Reply #13691 on: December 16, 2019, 09:22:06 AM

So I picked up Dragon Age: Inquisition for $5.99 on PS4 because I needed a new-to-me RPG to scratch an itch. Didn't realize it was 5 years old. lulz.

Does any one know where the love of God goes...When the waves turn the minutes to hours? -G. Lightfoot
Reg
Terracotta Army

Reply #13692 on: December 16, 2019, 12:33:14 PM

Get onto Nexus and mod all of the drudgery out of it. It's a fun story if you skip the grind.
Falconeer
Terracotta Army

a polyamorous pansexual genderqueer born and living in the wrong country

Reply #13693 on: December 16, 2019, 12:39:26 PM

I hated the combat at first. Slow and unresponsive. So I put the game down for a year.
Went back for the story, eventually got into it and found the fun, in the combat also. Good game.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13694 on: December 17, 2019, 10:08:47 AM

I had a weirdly huge amount of fun in the Inquisition multiplayer.

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #13695 on: December 18, 2019, 12:31:00 AM

I forget that I own that game on PS4, only played like 20 minutes.  Might have to put it in the rotation at some point.

"...maybe if you cleaned the piss out of the sunny d bottles under your desks and returned em, you could upgrade you vid cards, fucken lusers.." - Grunk
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #13696 on: December 22, 2019, 05:46:45 PM

anybody done the new MechWarrior game? I love that franchise but I am getting bad vibes here...
Father mike
Terracotta Army

Reply #13697 on: December 22, 2019, 08:52:08 PM

It didn't grab me.  It plays much more like MWO than like the older titles in the series.

To me it feels too light and fast, and I'm having a LOT of trouble with the torso vs legs movement scheme.

It's very pretty, and the destructable environments work as advertised.  But I really wish I had waited for a big sale.

I would like to thank Vladimir Putin for ensuring that every member of the NPR news staff has had to say "Pussy Riot" on the air multiple times.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #13698 on: December 23, 2019, 08:01:00 AM

Still enjoying the mountains in Death Stranding, as well as my usual Rocksmith/Madden sessions.

Picked up a couple games from the 2 PS4 sales, ended up getting sucked into Graveyard Keeper until the wee hours. It feels like a better version of Stardew Valley.
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #13699 on: December 27, 2019, 10:24:42 AM

Family members decided cash was a good idea, so I've added a few more games to my PS4. Had a crash problem with my Rocksmith CDLC and rather than spend my vacation, you know, working (to fix it), I decided that if it's a controller-style game, I may as well get it on the PS4 since I'm not dropping 700-1000 for a new gpu any time soon (that would also require new cpu/ram/mobo, sooo....).

The new Star Wars game is pretty awesome. Camera is a little too fast, with no sensitivity slider, so a bit woozy in the stomach after a bit. Worth it.

Graveyard Keeper continues to chew up hours without me noticing. Thought I may have wrapped up Death Stranding on xmas, but then there's more. Sheesh. I'm still amazed at how they keep opening up new gameplay stuff and keeping it from getting stale. Phenomenal game.
Khaldun
Terracotta Army

Reply #13700 on: December 27, 2019, 03:07:18 PM

I finally took off in my Red Dead Redemption 2 game after deciding that my issue was that I hate to take up the PS4 for really long gaming sessions, so I went PC-port.

I am really loving it.
Goumindong
Terracotta Army

Reply #13701 on: December 27, 2019, 06:30:19 PM

anybody done the new MechWarrior game? I love that franchise but I am getting bad vibes here...

I am just about to fire it up. What are you looking for (though the last game i played in the series was 2) in a mech game?
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #13702 on: December 28, 2019, 04:27:58 AM

Playing the Resident Evil 2 remake.  Nostaligia factor is at ten, and it still plays pretty well.  Plus, it looks fantastic.  Playing this on the big screen in a dark room with 7.1 sounds going is something else.

Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #13703 on: December 28, 2019, 11:29:48 AM

Playing the Resident Evil 2 remake.  Nostaligia factor is at ten, and it still plays pretty well.  Plus, it looks fantastic.  Playing this on the big screen in a dark room with 7.1 sounds going is something else.
Hah, that sat in my cart for a while last night while I was thinking about the last few games to stack on my console for next year. I mostly hesitate because my favorite REs were the original and Zero. I'm one of the very few people who loved the original controls and combat.

Also, the new combat (I heard it was similar to 4, which I didn't like much at all) puts them into the shooter category and I don't like shooters with controllers.
Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #13704 on: December 28, 2019, 11:55:32 PM

My memory might be fuzzy on it, but if 4 was over-the-shoulder view, then yeah, it is like that.  Like you, I do not like controller shooters...but strangely, I am playing this on PC and can use kb+m if I want....and yet I am still using the controller.  It manages to capture the same panic and clumsiness of the original, so mission accomplished as far as I am concerned.  It is going on steam for 25 bucks or something, and 100% worth it IMO if you liked any of the first three or four in the series.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #13705 on: December 29, 2019, 08:59:53 AM

If anyone doesn't have Resident Evil 7 Biohazard already, it's for sale on the Microsoft Store for $5. At that price point, it doesn't even have to be good (first impressions are that it's very good, though).

Cyrrex
Terracotta Army

Reply #13706 on: December 29, 2019, 10:36:07 AM

I am sorta waiting for the PC VR release of that one, because why not try to shit my pants.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #13707 on: December 29, 2019, 11:05:05 AM

I played about 45 minutes last night, and in that time, there was one good jump scare moment that got me and I think I might have gotten a little motion sickness. I cannot imagine the physical toll playing that game in VR would put me under.

Velorath
Contributor

Reply #13708 on: December 29, 2019, 12:03:44 PM

If anyone doesn't have Resident Evil 7 Biohazard already, it's for sale on the Microsoft Store for $5. At that price point, it doesn't even have to be good (first impressions are that it's very good, though).

Played through it back when it came out and it is indeed very good. Between that and the RE2 remake, Capcom is on a pretty good run with the RE franchise right now.
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Further proof that Italians have suspect taste in games.

Reply #13709 on: December 31, 2019, 02:05:53 AM

Weeelllll....It's not like I'm "really" playing it, but....I decided to check out anime bullshit the "Higurashi When They Cry" visual novel, and now I'm totally engrossed by it. Just bought chapter 2,3 and 4  swamp poop

I feel like I'm on the edge of a bottomless abyss  ACK! ACK!

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Sky
Terracotta Army

Reply #13710 on: December 31, 2019, 06:21:46 AM

Still enjoying Jedi Fallen Order. I'm amused by the amount of times it pastes a dopey smile on my face. Love a good exploration playground, and the setting elevates it significantly.

Could definitely use some fast travel options, though I've only been put off by a labyrinthian backtrack a couple times thus far.

And someone at Respawn really loves their sliding segments. The game would definitely benefit from a drastic reduction in sliding nonsense, especially since they break their usual excellence in letting you botch a jump and start at the very last platform you jumped from. I've run into several that force you to ace the entire slide segment. I'm on my 4th planet and over the sliding at this point.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2019, 11:03:24 AM by Sky »
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13711 on: December 31, 2019, 09:08:20 AM

I played about 45 minutes last night, and in that time, there was one good jump scare moment that got me and I think I might have gotten a little motion sickness. I cannot imagine the physical toll playing that game in VR would put me under.

I played the Kitchen demo in PSVR and that alone has essentially kept us from buying the full game due to the terror factor.

Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #13712 on: December 31, 2019, 09:16:34 AM

Mostly FFXIV for now, since Path of Exile is crashing on PS4.

Booted up the most recent Deus Ex and wasn't grabbed, although I did somehow have sensations from the original WAY BACK.

Finished Bloodstained, putting it down for now but could come back later.

There was some VR nonsense not worth mentioning.

Playing SquareCells, not to be confused with CrossCells. Completed HexCells series some time ago.

Finally got the Switch but haven't had time to play it due to the life obstacles and work. Seems likely that I'll have to abandon my saves on my son's Switch, which isn't terrible. The hardest hit would be starting over in Breath of the Wild but I haven't played that one in a long time.

Someone recommended Vampyr as being very good and not as assy as the video preview made it seem. Also it is on sale in PSN. Will try it soon.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13713 on: December 31, 2019, 11:34:53 AM

Weeelllll....It's not like I'm "really" playing it, but....I decided to check out anime bullshit the "Higurashi When They Cry" visual novel, and now I'm totally engrossed by it. Just bought chapter 2,3 and 4  swamp poop

I absolutely loved the anime; have you seen it? If so, is the VN worth "playing"?

"i can't be a star citizen. they won't even give me a star green card"
Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #13714 on: December 31, 2019, 02:26:23 PM

I absolutely loved the anime; have you seen it? If so, is the VN worth "playing"?

No, never seen it so I can't compare (and I'm no expert on the topic of visual novels). But I'm definitely enjoying it: great atmosphere, descriptions ( albeit the  protagonist's inner thoughts are important but sometimes too verbose and lenghty just for the sake of it), choice of sounds and music.

The version that comes with Steam (or GOG, where I'm playing it) is fine, but I *strongly* suggest to try the visual upgrade patch:

http://07th-mod.com/home/

Download the installer (don't bother with the manual version), apply it to the chapter(s) you have installed and you're ready to go. I think I'll soon start talking like Rena-san on a daily basis  Oh ho ho ho. Reallllly?

" He's so impatient, it's like watching a teenager fuck a glorious older woman." - Ironwood on J.J. Abrams
Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13715 on: January 01, 2020, 07:53:05 AM

Let me know when you've finished it and we can talk about it; I don't want to spoil anything but I basically want to know if the anime just covers 100% of the same ground or if they're similar but different. Who do you play as, Keiichi?

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #13716 on: January 01, 2020, 01:10:41 PM

Yes, at least in Chapter 1 (called "Onikakushi"), you only play as Keiichi. I should be almost done with it

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13717 on: January 01, 2020, 05:12:14 PM

You're in for a hell of a ride.

Lucas
Terracotta Army

Reply #13718 on: January 01, 2020, 05:17:38 PM

You're in for a hell of a ride.

Holy shit, just finished Chapter 1. Whoa, wtf  swamp poop swamp poop swamp poop . This is fantastic.

Rendakor
Terracotta Army

Reply #13719 on: January 01, 2020, 05:31:49 PM

Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: