Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:13:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing? 0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 445 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So, what're you playing?  (Read 2172791 times)
Hanzii
Terracotta Army

Reply #105 on: November 10, 2005, 11:57:32 AM

Civ4, Civ4 and Civ4.

and to the new parents above: I'm home on a three months (paid) paternity leave minding the 6 month old, while the missus start work again. They do sleep... a lot, just not at the times you'd like them too. And games like Civ and WoW can be played only using one hand (just remember to tell you guildies, that you're not rude, just holding an infant, when you don't answer them in chat!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would like to discuss this more with you, but I'm not allowed to post in Politics anymore.

Bruce
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #106 on: November 10, 2005, 12:06:29 PM

I played GuildWars one-handed quite a bit.  It's not much more difficult than with two.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
They called it The Prayer, its answer was law
Mommy come back 'cause the water's all gone
Furiously
Terracotta Army

Reply #107 on: November 11, 2005, 12:51:35 PM

I played GuildWars one-handed quite a bit.  It's not much more difficult than with two.

I never found the avatars that attractive in Guildwars.

WayAbvPar

Reply #108 on: November 11, 2005, 03:03:36 PM

I never found the avatars that attractive in Guildwars.

Heh. From my brain to your keyboard.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #109 on: November 11, 2005, 04:07:13 PM

I've been playing  NDA  a lot.  Yesterday I picked up The Movies and spent 4 hours on it before I knew what had happened.  Sim games are dangerous for me.  I also picked up Kirby's Canvas Curse, which is more fun than I thought it would be.  It doesn't exactly suck me in the way The Movies is, but it's a good way to waste a few minutes here and there.

Will probably play more  NDA  again once they  NDA  NDA.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Samprimary
Contributor

Reply #110 on: November 12, 2005, 08:17:04 PM

urban dead.

Nothing else :(
Samwise

sentient yeast infection

Reply #111 on: November 13, 2005, 01:49:25 AM

I forgot to mention Urban Dead for some reason.  I'm playing that one quite a bit too.  It's the only one I can play at work.

"I have not actually recommended many games, and I'll go on the record here saying my track record is probably best in the industry." - schild
Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #112 on: November 18, 2005, 09:04:32 AM

'Tis still a very lame season for games that I'm interested in playing.  I had hopes for AoEIII, but the demo completely turned me off.  I'm still just playing halflife 2 deathmatch.   Sad Panda
Roac
Terracotta Army

Reply #113 on: November 18, 2005, 10:23:20 AM

Civ4, Civ4 and Civ4.

Bit late, but:  Civ3, Civ3, and Civ3.  Unfortunately I'm having to sit on buying 4, because it may well turn out to be a Christmas present.  So in a moment of frustration, I decided to take it out on a less sophisticated world.  Oh well.  My Frenchie army just wiped out the Germans (ha!).  Next, Persia. 

-Roac
King of Ravens

"Young people who pretend to be wise to the ways of the world are mostly just cynics. Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don't learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." -SC
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #114 on: November 18, 2005, 12:10:22 PM

I'll take your HL DM and raise it Kenrick!

I'm playing mostly Gunz, because its like DDR+fps and that is funny by itself.  Actually I am just happy to be playing fps I was totally going to be Q4 then it turned out to suck.  I've been really wanting to try out CS:S and play/buy(?) some of the better mods but I really really am not a fan of CS and dont want to end up playing it again because its just SOO FUCKING OLD.

My waiting list of games is in the sig, I'll definately try the mess that is SWG after the next hotfix (which should break more things) and CoV is always a possibility if Gunz somehow gets ruined and I really need a game.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Jain Zar
Terracotta Army

Reply #115 on: November 18, 2005, 12:45:55 PM

Ive been playing Mario Kart DS this week.

Next week should be Dragon Quest 8 for the PS2, and Pathway to Glory: Ikusa Islands for the N Gage. 
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #116 on: November 18, 2005, 01:09:54 PM

Legend of Heroes for the PSP and Fallout: Tactics for the PC.  Fallout: Tactics is such a blast, it's a shame it was(is) so buggy.

Legend of Heroes so far is pretty good.  I've got a couple gripes though: a) it takes too long to get the story going and b) it's got some pretty bad Engrish in parts due to a half assed translation job.  Besides that, it's got a cool battle system, a nifty pet gimmick (I've got a bunny!), and some really solid visuals.  It's old school in a FF2 or FF3 way.  It's not really knocking my socks off, but it's shaping up to be a solid RPG offering on a platform that really needed it.

-Rasix
Special J
Terracotta Army

Reply #117 on: November 18, 2005, 01:25:56 PM

Console: Just got Soul Calibur III, so my evening will consist of having a buddy over for some vs. battles while we demolish a bottle of liquor.

PC: Been dabbling a little with Civ3 with all the Civ hype going around lately.

MMOG: WoW and Magic Online.  Though neither as much lately. Only got a little time to go around for gaming so one gets played at the expense of the others.
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #118 on: November 18, 2005, 01:28:09 PM

Kenrick
Terracotta Army

Reply #119 on: November 18, 2005, 03:16:13 PM

I'll take your HL DM and raise it Kenrick!

My dirty little secret is that I'm saving myself for Vanguard.
Johny Cee
Terracotta Army

Reply #120 on: November 18, 2005, 09:03:12 PM

PC:

Civ 4
Magic Online (Ravinica League and Rav drafts)
Just got done a kick of Majesty (am I the only one that loves this game??) and EU
On a DaoC vacation.

Xbox:

Rented X-men Legends.  Actually was alot of fun.

Jean Grey is completely broken as a character.  Pick her and whatever utility powers you need, like Cyclops if you need to weld or Iceman if there are fires to put out, and go to town.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #121 on: November 18, 2005, 09:37:43 PM

My Frenchie army just wiped out the Germans (ha!).

One of my favorite things to do thus far in Civs 4 is race to be the founder of Judaism and then destroy the Germans.  (I always get them.. and it's always Bismark.  Same with Egypt and France with Louis XIV.. I don't get it. NEW OPPONENTZ PLZ MR KONPUTAR.)

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
penfold
Terracotta Army

Reply #122 on: November 19, 2005, 10:40:08 AM

Mainly Soul Calibur III on the ps2, but also re-playing some of the COD2 levels.

Also have Jade Empire on the xbox and  a bunch of PC games I havent finished. D3 ROE, LOTR battle for middle earth, splinter cell chaos theory.
naum
Terracotta Army

Reply #123 on: November 19, 2005, 01:08:09 PM

Back to WoW after a six month hiatus… …started new characters on a less populated server, playing a Dwarf Hunter, Human Priest & Human Warlock, new game for me in a sense since previously all my /played (though I never hit the end game, just ~40 for several characters) was on Horde side. Previous to the time sink of WoW, still playing Dominions II (and waiting for Dominions III).

On XBOX, World Series of Poker and EA NCAA 2006 or whatever its called…

"Should the batman kill Joker because it would save more lives?" is a fundamentally different question from "should the batman have a bunch of machineguns that go BATBATBATBATBAT because its totally cool?". ~Goumindong
Tebonas
Terracotta Army

Reply #124 on: November 20, 2005, 08:00:26 AM

Galactic Civilization 2. Still not ready, but I quite like to fool around with the parts that are there already. Was watching how far along the beta is and was drawn in by it.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #125 on: November 20, 2005, 11:09:00 AM

I need a new game to play. Just finished Castlevania Curse of Darkness, and I'll finish Beyond Good and Evil in a half hour. I might pick Metroid Prime Echos up again, since I got it for CHristmas last year and only spent 2 hours on it. Been feeling kinda meh about most of what I have now. Oh! I did find a copy of Siren for $12, but I don't know if I wanna frustrate myself (heard the wonky controls make it unduly difficult).

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #126 on: November 20, 2005, 11:10:23 AM

Oh! I did find a copy of Siren for $12, but I don't know if I wanna frustrate myself (heard the wonky controls make it unduly difficult).

I picked it up for $2 last year at the Toys R Us yellow dot sale. And it's still too difficult for me to beat more than 3 missions. But what it's trying to do is really, really neat. I wish I could struggle through it.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #127 on: November 20, 2005, 11:12:43 AM

Games like that (cool, stunning, but too hard) are usually what boyfriends are for. But if it's too much for even the Mighty Mr. Schild, it might be too much. Isn't there some trick or cheat or something to make it playable (just so you can see everything)?

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
schild
Administrator

Reply #128 on: November 20, 2005, 11:14:29 AM

Games like that (cool, stunning, but too hard) are usually what boyfriends are for. But if it's too much for even the Mighty Mr. Schild, it might be too much. Isn't there some trick or cheat or something to make it playable (just so you can see everything)?

Yes, hire a Korean or Japanese guy to do it, while you videotape. It may be a little weird, but you're in San Francisco. Can't be that hard.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #129 on: November 20, 2005, 11:17:06 AM

I'm in Portland. The only Koreans I know own convenience stores and send their kids to college in Chicago. The Japanese boys look at me funny because I smile too big when I see them.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Whenever an opponent discards a card, Megrim deals 2 damage to that player.

Reply #130 on: November 20, 2005, 04:50:03 PM

Oh a similar note, has anyone finished Ikaruga?

- meg

One must bow to offer aid to a fallen man - The Tao of Shinsei.
schild
Administrator

Reply #131 on: November 20, 2005, 04:51:04 PM

I haven't, but I've watched people finish it. On video. That's the same, rite?
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #132 on: November 20, 2005, 07:16:31 PM

I haven't, but I've watched people finish it. On video. That's the same, rite?

kek

can you link me? I need to know how.

- meg

Moaner
Terracotta Army

Reply #133 on: November 20, 2005, 07:19:49 PM

- meg

I have.  I played the hell out of that game.  I wonder if it's still around here somewhere... sounds fun again.

PSN: Happy_Hedonist, SteamID: Happy Hedonist
Megrim
Terracotta Army

Reply #134 on: November 20, 2005, 08:01:22 PM

- meg

I have.  I played the hell out of that game.  I wonder if it's still around here somewhere... sounds fun again.

You bastard! Why do you mock me so, why, whyyyy?! *sob*

- meg

* edit

i felt i should add the following: http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/

Ironwood
Terracotta Army

Reply #135 on: November 21, 2005, 02:34:08 AM

Finished FEAR and am now playing Thief 3 and X3.  I have a thing for 3's.

WoW also, natch, and I'm thinking of downloading the MASSIVE free trial of CoH.

I'd forgotten how tremendously boring Thief 3 was at the start.  Defo a builder, that game.

Edited to Add :  Those of you who are playing Urban Dead - How the hell are you managing it ?  I have 5 toons, and all save one are now shambling undead.  I really don't think you ever get enough TU's to actually do anything worthwhile !

(Though if you are playing, lookout for Jimmy Smit, Undead Slayer extraordinaire.  Oh, and revive him if he's been infected....)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 02:36:17 AM by Ironwood »

"Mr Soft Owl has Seen Some Shit." - Sun Tzu
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #136 on: November 21, 2005, 08:44:26 AM

Not much time, but dividing it between Stubbs, Radiata and Dungeon Siege II.  Taking time off of HL2 due to bossmonsteritis.

Why am I homeless?  Why do all you motherfuckers need homes is the real question.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #137 on: November 21, 2005, 09:16:15 AM

What scant, rare, little time I've had for gaming lately has been all about The Movies, though I did play some Fear in the week or so before The Movies came out.

voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #138 on: November 21, 2005, 11:08:29 AM

Whee! I'm so glad that I ignored Metroid Prime Echoes last year (when Katamari Damacy was cracking me out) 'cuz now I'm playing it for the first time (past three hours, anyway) and is teh funz.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Yegolev

2/10 WOULD NOT INGEST

Reply #139 on: November 21, 2005, 12:50:32 PM

Whee! I'm so glad that I ignored Metroid Prime Echoes last year (when Katamari Damacy was cracking me out) 'cuz now I'm playing it for the first time (past three hours, anyway) and is teh funz.

I stopped at Quadraxis.  I know how to beat him, but my bossmonsteritis is flaring up.  Also: it is awesome.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 445 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  Gaming  |  Topic: So, what're you playing?  
Jump to: