Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:50:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQ2  (Read 27600 times)
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #105 on: August 15, 2005, 12:12:49 PM

Signe sorry for waxing idiotic in guild chat today.  EQ2 crafting is making me go peculiar; but goddamnit I kinda like it.  Its like sticking staples into your penis.  Shit did I just say that?

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #106 on: August 16, 2005, 08:12:42 AM

I re-subbed and made an Iksar summoner on Steamfont named Stopgap.  I think I might betray because Freeport is so hard on the eyes.  Does anyone know if I can still join the guild if I'm from the opposite city?

The game seems a lot better than before.  I can solo more easily, there are fewer bugs, the quests can be organized by zone, and most importantly they finally caved in and allowed offline selling so I have some cash.  Tradeskills are still very boring but they are a nice break.  Newbies can now make a little cash by harvesting and selling.

I'm taking the "focus on quests, not levels" route that others have mentioned, so far it is a lot more fun.  If I run out of quests in the 20's though I'm in trouble.

Oh, and I won't make the same mistake of reading the official EQ2 forums, nothing saps my morale like thousands of people screaming about how bad things are.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #107 on: August 16, 2005, 09:00:14 AM

Yes you should be able to.  I may roll up an evil character as well.  Crafting has officially pissed me off.  Plus I can play as a rat or troll... man evil is cool.  Of course I will betray, but ya know.  Evil.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #108 on: August 16, 2005, 10:17:27 AM

Chedder,

HA!

Honestly though, making food and drink is the bomb.  I can now make drinks that last two plus hours.  I am hoping to get the food to the same point.  I can also make chests for the bank, though that is a PAINFUL process that is not fun, but am willing to do for the guild.

Now.  Dumb question, but how the FUCK do I sell shit to other players.  Driving me NUTS.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #109 on: August 16, 2005, 10:28:04 AM

First you buy a market board from a vendor, you will have to find one that sells them (there should be one in the same area as your house).  Then you place it in your home and double click on it to start listing stuff.  You used to have to stay in your house to sell anything but now you can put items in your vault (there is a button when you double click to get out) and sell from there offline or while playing.

The market board is also handy to see what is for sale from your own home, although you can't buy through it.
Gorky
Terracotta Army

Reply #110 on: August 16, 2005, 10:29:53 AM

This is how:

1. Open your house vault from inside your house
2. drop a couple of containers
3. open those containers and drop all your sellables in them
4. purchase a market board from a standard merchant (cost ~60c) and place it inside your house
5. use the market board and click on the vault tab
6. price all the items
7. close the window
8. wait
9. Profit!

PS: ensure all your items are listed as up for sale before logging out, sometimes items seem to get 'unlisted' by themselves

PPS: Easy way to make some cash: harvest roots from the Tier 2 zones and put them up for sale in stacks, looks like all the 'powercrafting' toons buy them for some serious coinage on established servers. On Najena where I play they sell for 10-20s each! thats insane

Also Tier 2 spell scrolls for popular classes (primary spells like DDs, Heals etc can sell for a lot, around 4g on Najena)

Get the biggest bags you can affor ASAP, makes a ton of difference.

A valuable hint to get a quick 8 slot bag for Qeynosians... talk to shady chars in starcrest commune, and listen to what they say carefully  wink
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #111 on: August 16, 2005, 01:25:27 PM

Yes you should be able to.  I may roll up an evil character as well.  Crafting has officially pissed me off.  Plus I can play as a rat or troll... man evil is cool.  Of course I will betray, but ya know.  Evil.

I'll be interested in your impressions of the Freeport side of things.  I had just started a Rat priest on another server about a week before this whole Bat Country mess got started, and it felt really slow.  Getting out into the Commonlands didn't feel like nearly as much of an "opening up" of the game as getting to Antonica.  And the city design, not a big fan.

I need to start using better food and water, definately.  Relying on Summon is already started to add some downtime.  Got over 2g in the bank, and I'm gonna need every cent of it to get plate in a few levels.  Hopefully I can find some quests other than the campfest AQs to get some decent armor.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #112 on: August 16, 2005, 01:47:17 PM

I'll be interested in your impressions of the Freeport side of things.  I had just started a Rat priest on another server about a week before this whole Bat Country mess got started, and it felt really slow.  Getting out into the Commonlands didn't feel like nearly as much of an "opening up" of the game as getting to Antonica.  And the city design, not a big fan.

I need to start using better food and water, definately.  Relying on Summon is already started to add some downtime.  Got over 2g in the bank, and I'm gonna need every cent of it to get plate in a few levels.  Hopefully I can find some quests other than the campfest AQs to get some decent armor.

Freeport blows.  It really feels like it was an afterthought; just my general opinion.  I cannot wait to get out of this shithole lemme tell ya.  But being a rat is cool - SONIC VISION FOR THE WIN!!!!111

Fargull
Contributor

Reply #113 on: August 16, 2005, 02:38:16 PM

Thanks for the info on selling.  Was making me batshit insane.

I actually enjoy the newbie monster zones in freeport much more than the shit we get in quenos... though I think crafting in quenos newbie wise is easier.

Cheddar,

Rat and Gnome.  Just makes me chuckle.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #114 on: August 16, 2005, 03:17:58 PM

Dude, gnomes and rats rule.  I mean what should I be?  Elf? wearing nothing but underwear with their doodles all hanging out for everyone to see.  Dwarf?  Yeah an alcoholic with eating disorders is the life for me!  Human?  I already play one on TV.  Erudite?  Get some sun you fucking hippies.  Halfling?  I guess those are ok, but hairy feet are the suck. 

Have I mentioned SONIC VISION yet?  Its cool! 

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #115 on: August 16, 2005, 03:20:45 PM

Frog.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #116 on: August 16, 2005, 03:29:23 PM

Frog.

I would have suggested Prozac... licking frogs might just make him nuttier.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #117 on: August 16, 2005, 03:35:23 PM

Frog.

What?

Fargull
Contributor

Reply #118 on: August 16, 2005, 06:21:28 PM

Frog.

I think Shockeye was meaning Cheddar should be french, or is french, or something.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #119 on: August 16, 2005, 06:22:30 PM

Frog.

I think Shockeye was meaning Cheddar should be french, or is french, or something.

Stinky cheeses and all that.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #120 on: August 16, 2005, 08:01:25 PM

He is English cheese from Somerset.

Mmmm...  he is lovely and hardly stinks at all.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #121 on: August 16, 2005, 09:07:59 PM

You people make me cry.

tazelbain
Terracotta Army

tazelbain

Reply #122 on: August 17, 2005, 06:55:35 AM

"Me am play gods"
Hoax
Terracotta Army

l33t kiddie

Reply #123 on: August 17, 2005, 04:45:44 PM

Are you guys seriously playing this game?  I mean it still doesn't even have /pvp on servers right?  I hate WoW but damn not so much as to give SOE money for anything other then PS.

A nation consists of its laws. A nation does not consist of its situation at a given time. If an individual's morals are situational, then that individual is without morals. If a nation's laws are situational, that nation has no laws, and soon isn't a nation.
-William Gibson
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2  
Jump to: