Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:21:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQ2  (Read 27612 times)
schild
Administrator

Reply #35 on: August 10, 2005, 06:36:21 PM

Neatos. It's like fritos, but an adjective rather than a tasty snack.
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #36 on: August 10, 2005, 07:10:47 PM

Alrighty,

Dwarven Priest named Mato.  Will start tossing hello's out when I get off of newbie ville.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
schild
Administrator

Reply #37 on: August 10, 2005, 07:14:33 PM

Welcome to zee "game."
schild
Administrator

Reply #38 on: August 10, 2005, 07:20:05 PM

For those of you just tuning in, here's a roster:

Steamfont Server:
Schild - Schild
Cheddar - Daoj
Murgos - Teucer
Sauced - Sauced
Stray - Altan, me thinks. But I haven't seen him on in a day or two. A birdy tells me he's going to break down, buy Madden and resub to Shadowbane.

Edit: And Fargull of course - Mato.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #39 on: August 10, 2005, 07:30:22 PM

For those of you just tuning in, here's a roster:

Steamfont Server:
Schild - Schild - Scout
Cheddar - Daoj - Priest/Druid
Murgos - Teucer
Sauced - Sauced Priest/Cleric
Stray - Altan, me thinks. But I haven't seen him on in a day or two. A birdy tells me he's going to break down, buy Madden and resub to Shadowbane.

Edit: And Fargull of course - Mato.

Added classes to your statement.  Really any class will fit our playstyle, but it is a good thing to know for people leaning either way.  I also have a level 10 mage I can slip back into if needed.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #40 on: August 10, 2005, 09:22:52 PM

When I hit 10, I will go Shaman just to keep the priest / thing interesting.  No fing clue about shamans, but what the hey.  Got off the island and finished my citizen quest (that is one boring follow the yellow line quest) and am 8th.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Soukyan
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: August 11, 2005, 04:53:50 AM

How casual is "VERY" casual, schild?

"Life is no cabaret... we're inviting you anyway." ~Amanda Palmer
"Tree, awesome, numa numa, love triangle, internal combustion engine, mountain, walk, whiskey, peace, pascagoula" ~Lantyssa
"Les vrais paradis sont les paradis qu'on a perdus." ~Marcel Proust
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #42 on: August 11, 2005, 06:13:03 AM

How casual is "VERY" casual, schild?
I was the only one on from 8 to about 9:30 (est) last night and all I did was run around and look for quests.

And because it's not on the list.

Teucer Fighter/Crusader, eventually, Paladin.

edit:  We could probably use another tank (since during the week I won't play past 11ish est, prime time for the west coasters) or a mage.  We don't have any mages now.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2005, 06:27:51 AM by Murgos »

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Miasma
Terracotta Army

Stopgap Measure

Reply #43 on: August 11, 2005, 06:39:52 AM

Did they ever add the ability to share money between your own characters through the bank?  That always drove me crazy, even EQ1 had that.  You either had to have someone you trusted or swap items through the shared slot and sell them.  Or, failing that, can you at least send yourself money with the new mail system they added?
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #44 on: August 11, 2005, 06:58:46 AM

Did they ever add the ability to share money between your own characters through the bank?  That always drove me crazy, even EQ1 had that.  You either had to have someone you trusted or swap items through the shared slot and sell them.  Or, failing that, can you at least send yourself money with the new mail system they added?
Don't know haven't tried it.  I have a character in freeport that I will try and mail something to (pretty sure you can't just hand money over) and will let you know tomorrow.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
UD_Delt
Terracotta Army

Reply #45 on: August 11, 2005, 07:28:44 AM

You can only share things between characters of the same alignment. IE... good -> good.

You can share items through the bank vault and you can transfer coing through the email system. Annoying thing is it takes about 30 minutes for emails with attachments to show up so plan ahead when you want to shift cash. Alternately, if you want to exchange it fast the fuels from the tradeskill instances retain full value. So, just buy a couple of stacks of the 9s fuels and put those in the shared bank for your other characters to sell.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #46 on: August 12, 2005, 09:27:08 AM

How far along is everyone?  I know myself and Schild hit 15 yesterday, and we finally got that jammy bastard some decent armor.  I was not able to get on last night due to technical difficulties, but after ghetto rigging some wiring and what not I am once again riding the INFORMATION SUPERHIGHWAY.  Its ghetto fabulous at my house right now (I also have some guys rebuilding my stairs so there is wood and shit everywhere outside. fun times). 

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #47 on: August 12, 2005, 09:40:24 AM

I'm about a third of the way into 16.

How far did Schockeye get last night?

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #48 on: August 12, 2005, 09:44:34 AM

I am level 5!!!  (but my free trial ran out)   tongue

How far did Schockeye get last night?

I heard only second base but... oh wait.  I think you're referring to something else.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2005, 09:46:06 AM by Signe »

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #49 on: August 12, 2005, 09:57:47 AM

I am level 5!!!  (but my free trial ran out)   tongue

20 dollars Signe, 20 dollars.  I mean shit thats less than what WUA makes from a single John.  Think about it.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #50 on: August 12, 2005, 09:59:40 AM

Shockeye... for shame...  Mob

-Rasix
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #51 on: August 12, 2005, 10:11:19 AM

I have an unopened box of EQ2 around here some place, although I can't actually find it in all this mess.  It would seem wrong, however, to open it just to play the game.  I'd need a much stronger reason than that to void the key.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #52 on: August 12, 2005, 10:12:40 AM

Why do women have to be so difficult?  And you guys wonder why I only date transvestites!

Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #53 on: August 12, 2005, 10:21:46 AM

I'm about halfway through 13.  Didn't get on last night either.  You 2 got to 15 Wed. night?  Jesus.  What happened to casual?  Not that it took more than an hour or anything, of course.

And Shockeye's on board?  I figured he wouldn't be able to resist when he was hanging out in the TS channel talking shit the other night.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #54 on: August 12, 2005, 10:27:44 AM

I'm about halfway through 13.  Didn't get on last night either.  You 2 got to 15 Wed. night?  Jesus.  What happened to casual?  Not that it took more than an hour or anything, of course.

And Shockeye's on board?  I figured he wouldn't be able to resist when he was hanging out in the TS channel talking shit the other night.

I found a nifty area where I can kill things 4 levels above me.  This definitely helped expediate matters (I think it took an hour for Schild to go from 14 to 15).  I am looking forward to hitting the sewers again soon; perhaps tonight if we can get a couple people together.  Nice thing is they have some mentor system - so even if people fall behind in levels they can join in the fun.  I am surprised Shockeye finally got the damn box open.  I figured it would be another week or so before he installed.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #55 on: August 12, 2005, 11:10:38 AM

Just hit level 16.  Huzzah.

Fargull
Contributor

Reply #56 on: August 12, 2005, 11:17:24 AM

Mato joined the spiffy ranks of full shamman hood last night and is currently 10.6 level.  I now have the nifty power to dump molasses on the enemy and taunt them.

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #57 on: August 12, 2005, 11:20:05 AM

Mato joined the spiffy ranks of full shamman hood last night and is currently 10.6 level.  I now have the nifty power to dump molasses on the enemy and taunt them.

I just found a shiny weapon that Shamans can use, though it may be better for Schild to utilize it.  Blackened Ornate Spear - Dual wield, +4 agi +7 Health +4 power, damage rating of 4.8.  I have various other shinies and will flip through them to see if any are good for Shamans. 

schild
Administrator

Reply #58 on: August 12, 2005, 11:22:48 AM

Me likey.

Edit: BUt I can't play for an hour or so.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #59 on: August 12, 2005, 11:31:45 AM

I found an undead boss, and I have to kill him.  Tonight.  I am going to do some house work and stuff for a couple hours, I should be back around 5pm at the latest.  I will be logged in though, just semi AFK, so message me or get your lazy asses in team speak if you need something from me.  Damn sponges!

Fargull
Contributor

Reply #60 on: August 12, 2005, 11:49:53 AM

Don't sweat the shiney's.  I generally am able to get in game around 9ish CST and can play till midnight.  Will try to swing Teamspeak, but my damn system can cause it to go fonky and I have to shut it down.

Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #61 on: August 12, 2005, 01:05:23 PM

You people are crazy. This thread is making me want to start up again, even though I really didn't like the game. Sick.

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: August 12, 2005, 01:33:54 PM

So do you people generally like it? WoW did nothing for me, partly because I *like* grouping.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #63 on: August 12, 2005, 01:49:14 PM

So do you people generally like it? WoW did nothing for me, partly because I *like* grouping.

Yes.  I am having a blast, and will probably remain subscribed after the free month is over.  There is solo play and group play, both viable from what I have seen thus far.  Both require different focuses, and it is the fun.  I am constantly amazed as things go on.

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #64 on: August 12, 2005, 02:03:32 PM

I got level 3. I'm not impressed. The world is pretty but uninteresting. I prefer WoW.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #65 on: August 12, 2005, 02:27:05 PM

Best way to enjoy yourself is not come in with preconceived notions.  As Murgos pointed out, isnt level 3 attained just by talking to the first person once you hit noob island?

please do not ban me sir I respect and admire your manliness

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #66 on: August 12, 2005, 02:29:09 PM

As Murgos pointed out, isnt level 3 attained just by talking to the first person once you hit noob island?

Haha, come on Shock, even I held on for longer than that.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #67 on: August 12, 2005, 04:04:54 PM

Five levels is too much?

schild
Administrator

Reply #68 on: August 12, 2005, 04:10:03 PM

Nah, Shockeye just has MMORPG Sand in his vagina. He misses his nightelf.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #69 on: August 12, 2005, 04:33:05 PM

Shouldn't that be mangina then?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2  
Jump to: