Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:02:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EQ2  (Read 27563 times)
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #70 on: August 12, 2005, 04:46:25 PM

I'm pathetic....Just went and bought a new card....I'll hop on later, so I can lvl up to 20 and then quit.

Btw, I've got like 4 AGP cards lying around now. Anybody want (NEED)?

FX 5200
Ti4200
Radeon 7500
Radeon 9550

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #71 on: August 12, 2005, 04:47:34 PM

You sir are a good man.  Kudos!

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
schild
Administrator

Reply #72 on: August 12, 2005, 06:01:37 PM

Is that Geforce a 256 meg one? Are any of them? My card is ass.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #73 on: August 12, 2005, 06:28:22 PM

Is that Geforce a 256 meg one? Are any of them? My card is ass.

The 9550 is 256, but it's the one I've had EQ2 problems with (it's not the hardware, it's just SOE/ATI not getting off their asses). Not a bad card, but it's probably still considered lower midrange. It'll run HL2/Farcry/Doom 3 well, and BF2 decently. With older engines like UT2003/4, it's a breeze.

The FX5200 is 128. Pretty much ass for BF2, but can actually run HL2 "OK". Still good for UT as well.

The Ti4200 and the 7500 are 64. Basically what would be "budget" nowadays. Decent for two or three year old games like BF1 and less intensive stuff like Strategy games or DVD viewing.
schild
Administrator

Reply #74 on: August 12, 2005, 06:45:00 PM

Yea, I wanted a 256 for BF2 and HL2. You selling or donating? PM me.
schild
Administrator

Reply #75 on: August 12, 2005, 10:07:30 PM

If anyone else is around, we could really use one more person in game at Qeynos to start zee guild.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #76 on: August 12, 2005, 10:40:51 PM

Bat Country has now been formed.  Some say it means love, others think it is about mind altering substances.  I believe it is about aural infatuation.  We all have our opinions.

No Nerf, but I put a link to this very thread and I said that you all can guarantee for my purity. I even mentioned your case, and see if they can take a look at your lawn from a Michigan perspective.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #77 on: August 13, 2005, 01:57:40 AM

I'm up to level 6 and level 8 in tradeskills.

Still not impressed.
schild
Administrator

Reply #78 on: August 13, 2005, 02:01:41 AM

Still not impressed.

That's ok. EQ2 isn't impressed with you either.

...ya bastard
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #79 on: August 13, 2005, 08:51:42 AM

I may pick this up today, depending on if the back alley surgeon finishes removing my kidney or not.

http://www.officemax.com/max/solutions/product/prodBlock.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&expansionOID=-536879914&prodBlockOID=537039720

Just sharing the info in case anyone else is interested in doing an upgrade.  I am so tired of being the slow tard of the group.

edit. I know I left myself open with that last comment, but like the transvestite comment I assume it will be passed up.  Heart

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #80 on: August 13, 2005, 09:14:54 AM

Are you the little girl in your avatar?

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #81 on: August 13, 2005, 09:18:46 AM

Are you the little girl in your avatar?

No. That is my daughter.  But I cry like one every so often.

Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #82 on: August 13, 2005, 09:21:59 AM

She's adorable.

And your crying like a little girl is pathe cute, you great nancy boy, you!

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #83 on: August 13, 2005, 09:31:01 AM

Yeah she is adorable, as is my youngest.  They are living proof that looks skip a generation.  Of course it does not help that I am a Mr. Mom since getting out of the military.  Sheesh cooking, cleaning, ect.  Thats womens work!

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #84 on: August 13, 2005, 09:57:45 AM

I may pick this up today, depending on if the back alley surgeon finishes removing my kidney or not.

url

Just sharing the info in case anyone else is interested in doing an upgrade.  I am so tired of being the slow tard of the group.

edit. I know I left myself open with that last comment, but like the transvestite comment I assume it will be passed up.  Heart

Why hassle with that mail in rebate to get 512 MB ram for $45.00 (really $75) )when you can buy it from NewEgg for $49.99?  If you order now you will have it by wednesday, probably.  Even better 1 GB Corsair matched set for ~$43 a stick.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 09:59:34 AM by Murgos »

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #85 on: August 13, 2005, 12:26:53 PM

Good deal on the corsair, but I have 2 slots so it really would not get me ahead.  Really I am making (made) an impulse buy which is not justifiable at this point since I am living on my savings.  Also today is Saturday.  Wensday is like 4 days away, a veritable eternity for the intarweb.  I want to be competitive and I want it NOW. 

schild
Administrator

Reply #86 on: August 13, 2005, 12:27:47 PM

God bless you, gamer.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #87 on: August 13, 2005, 12:42:41 PM

God I truly am a foolish man.  If I had waited one day the RAM I purchased would of been 50 dollars less.  But waiting 24 hours is not acceptable.  God this is almost better than Christmas.  People, I may possibly have the bug, and from EQ2 none the less. 

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #88 on: August 13, 2005, 12:59:53 PM

Get a therapist.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #89 on: August 13, 2005, 01:03:59 PM

Get a therapist.

u r a meany lol. 4 real

Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #90 on: August 13, 2005, 01:11:07 PM

Yes, I'm mean.

Instead of taking damage and making crappy shit in tradeskills, I just found out I can use skills while crafting to mitigate negative shit.

EQ2 != intuitive.
schild
Administrator

Reply #91 on: August 13, 2005, 01:52:02 PM

That part was pretty intuitive, I mean, there's that whole knowledge tab just for crafting where you can mouse over and see exactly what each skill negates. But I know, reading and all that.  rolleyes They should have done it with pictograms. A guy tossing water on a large "heat flow" or something.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #92 on: August 13, 2005, 02:04:44 PM

Bah. I miss my elf.
schild
Administrator

Reply #93 on: August 13, 2005, 02:14:43 PM

You can play your elf, but only if you equip one of these:

Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #94 on: August 13, 2005, 07:59:24 PM

The RAM was worth EVERY single penny.  I am at 17.5 levels now; tonight I begin my crafting experience.  Evidently @ 14 craft skill I can begin constructing us Adept III scrolls.  HOO DAWG!

Margalis
Terracotta Army

Reply #95 on: August 14, 2005, 05:19:21 PM

So, is this game actually fun or what? WoW did nothing for me at all. It does seem like EQ2 is making improvements 10x faster than WoW.

vampirehipi23: I would enjoy a book written by a monkey and turned into a movie rather than this.
schild
Administrator

Reply #96 on: August 14, 2005, 05:54:30 PM

So, is this game actually fun or what? WoW did nothing for me at all. It does seem like EQ2 is making improvements 10x faster than WoW.

It's a different experience. I want to say it's like EQ, but it's really not (not up to level 16 at least). The crafting is tedious, but the economic system is second only to SW:G (imo). I'll admit it. I'm liking it. It's about 400x better than it was in beta. They're doing a lot of things correctly and I look forward to the combat changes.
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #97 on: August 14, 2005, 06:51:26 PM

It's kind of boring, but not mind numbingly boring like it was in beta.  Maybe the next patch/update/expansion/adventure pack will improve it even further. Crafting is still a horror, though.  It's hard to stay awake long enough to live through the process.

schild
Administrator

Reply #98 on: August 14, 2005, 07:07:00 PM

Crafting is still a horror, though.  It's hard to stay awake long enough to live through the process.

That's called ADD. Not AD&D. But ADD. At least you don't have to make 4,000 cement blocks to level a la SW:G. Here it seems that 10 items (with crafting vitality) will get you a crafting level as long as you're making stuff of white or better (experience wise). I like going around collecting up the resources and shit. It's the closest thing to treasure hunting that any of these games provide.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #99 on: August 14, 2005, 07:38:31 PM

Schild I love the new avatar!  Signe I liked the old avatar, though after your comment earlier your new one amuses me.  I prefer the older one though. 

Murgos
Terracotta Army

Reply #100 on: August 15, 2005, 06:09:44 AM

It's kind of boring, but not mind numbingly boring like it was in beta.  Maybe the next patch/update/expansion/adventure pack will improve it even further. Crafting is still a horror, though.  It's hard to stay awake long enough to live through the process.

Frankly the crafting bores me to tears, get off newbie isle and start doing some of the quests around Qeynos, IMO much more interesting.  They are not high art or anything but most of them are spoken (so you can be amused by the bad voice acting) and a few are fairly humorous.

So far I've found quests tacked to trees (literally, it was a wanted poster that poofed after I clicked it), under wood piles, in graves, behind paintings, off bookshelves (and books) and of course from NPC's everywhere.  Lots of them are multi-part, the ones you can purchase from the guild of mages library are pretty cool because they all have lots of back ground information on them.

Hunting around for quests has been the most fun I've had in an MMOG since the first month of CoH.  Oh and collections?  Luv.  Pure Luv.  I'll run through a camp of high red cons to grab a '?'.

"You have all recieved youre last warning. I am in the process of currently tracking all of youre ips and pinging your home adressess. you should not have commencemed a war with me" - Aaron Rayburn
Sauced
Terracotta Army

Bat Country '05 Fantasy Football Champion

Reply #101 on: August 15, 2005, 09:31:59 AM

Up to 16.5 here.  Cheddar - keep crafting!  The Heritage and Armor Quests at 20 are right around the corner, and I'd hate to miss out.  I'll do some more catching up tonight.

The only thing I'm worried about right now is the "nerf" coming to Clerics.  The reactives currently add hate to whoever is getting whacked (and subsequently healed), not the cleric who cast the spell.  I need to get to 20 so I can wear plate before that fix goes live.  As it stands, it's too easy to just keep Soothing Sermon up at all times, and then have pretty much no healing to do whatsoever.

Hit the century mark in completed quests this morning.  I'd probably level faster if I didn't get all OCD when my backlog of green and blue quests hits the 20+ mark.
Cheddar
I like pink

Noob Sauce

Reply #102 on: August 15, 2005, 10:22:25 AM

Up to 16.5 here.  Cheddar - keep crafting!  The Heritage and Armor Quests at 20 are right around the corner, and I'd hate to miss out.  I'll do some more catching up tonight.

The only thing I'm worried about right now is the "nerf" coming to Clerics.  The reactives currently add hate to whoever is getting whacked (and subsequently healed), not the cleric who cast the spell.  I need to get to 20 so I can wear plate before that fix goes live.  As it stands, it's too easy to just keep Soothing Sermon up at all times, and then have pretty much no healing to do whatsoever.

Hit the century mark in completed quests this morning.  I'd probably level faster if I didn't get all OCD when my backlog of green and blue quests hits the 20+ mark.

I am actually finding the crafting relaxing - especially once you hit a rythm.  The problem for me is the cost.  I have already had to go hunting for cash just to support my catassing needs.  Oh yeah hit level 12 in crafting, though I did not spend much time doing it last night.  It is nice seeing some of the others  start playing, though Signe is very negative.  She is bringing my happy karma down  :-(
« Last Edit: August 15, 2005, 10:37:24 AM by Cheddar »

Fargull
Contributor

Reply #103 on: August 15, 2005, 10:48:46 AM

Couple of points.

Crafting is actually pretty easy.  The incidents that arrise that require the use of a cafting technique are currently limited to three per line.  So, open a hot bar and drop those three into it and go to town.  Secondary, Cheddar is right, bloody crafted food and drink is the bomb.  Pain in the ass about higher rec's is that sometimes you have to use different tier crafted components until you reach the top tier in the crafting of that item.  Probably sounds like greek and it is till you do it.

Anyway.  EQII has been pretty fun after you get through the bullshit kiddie march to 11 or 12th level and start adventuring in Anitonica.  Of course, I have not catassed to above 20th and thus that portion of the game is still blank.  The general feel is a little better flow that the original game.  As with all things EQ, the world feels better designed than WOW.  The game play is about the same between the two, but more polish with EQII so far.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #104 on: August 15, 2005, 10:59:50 AM

It is nice seeing some of the others  start playing, though Signe is very negative.  She is bringing my happy karma down  :-(

Her negativity is much needed.  Elation at playing EQ2 is a sure sign of a dangerous chemical imbalance.  Think of her as restoring your chi to its proper alignment.

Luckily two things are keeping me back from playing this.  The installer said this game is too much to handle for my laptop (on which WoW runs smooth as silk) and they somehow expect me to pay for the box after the trial is up.  Back to finishing old single player games and playing SNES games on my PSP.  WoW has already kinda reburned itself out with me. 

Still, glad people are enjoying this.  From all accounts this game isn't a giant cucumber in your bum anymore, but more like a shape charge timed to detonate around level 20.  From anyone that's played beta is the combat still kinda dull solo and are Qeynos and Freeport still somewhat comically bad in their portrayal of good and evil?

-Rasix
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  The Gaming Graveyard  |  Everquest 2  |  Topic: EQ2  
Jump to: