Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:44:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Things I hate. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things I hate.  (Read 18223 times)
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #35 on: July 11, 2005, 09:36:22 AM

I would imagine hitting your toe every morning would just generally leave you in a pissed off state for the rest of the day.  Maybe you should invest in some slippers?  Or rubber padding?

That sounds like a good idea. But it would take effort. And effort is deffinatly something I hate.

Wiiiiii!
WayAbvPar

Reply #36 on: July 11, 2005, 10:02:11 AM

I hate that I have neither the time nor the inclination to give a full list of what I hate. No one here would have time to read it in its entirety anyway.

Well, except Paelos  :-D

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #37 on: July 11, 2005, 10:13:57 AM

Albert Brooks is the shit.

Funnier than Woody Allen at least.

Holy shit are you wrong. So completely wrong. Albert Brooks has one halfway decent movie, "The Scout". Other than that, it's complete and utter annoying shit.
Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #38 on: July 11, 2005, 10:14:48 AM

I hate having "The Mondays"
and
I hate Schild for calling me on it.

A good idea is a good idea forever.
WayAbvPar

Reply #39 on: July 11, 2005, 10:28:20 AM

Holy shit are you wrong. So completely wrong. Albert Brooks has one halfway decent movie, "The Scout". Other than that, it's complete and utter annoying shit.

I thought he was good in Finding Nemo. Even more surprisingly, Ellen DeGeneres was outstanding. She usually grates on my last nerve.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #40 on: July 11, 2005, 11:20:11 AM

I think Woody is an amazing director (Manhattan anyone?), and Brooks has nothing close to a photographer's skills.......But I'll always like Albert's brand of humor more. It's the humor you get from the "funny guy at work" (or places like message boards for that matter). It's realistic, everyday, subtle humor. While Woody is more scripted, "movie" humor.

Anyways, if there's a Brooks film that I like the most, it's Defending Your Life.

I think Ellen is pretty funny too. If I was a lesbian, she'd be my Seinfeld.
OcellotJenkins
Terracotta Army

Reply #41 on: July 11, 2005, 11:21:13 AM

I hate Orin Hatch.
I hate people who walk around in stores talking on a mother fucking cell phone.
I hate the RIAA.
I hate hip hop culture/ebonics/gangster wannabes.
I hate cabbage.
I hate people who use "text messaging" shortcuts in online games and on message boards.
I hate overly tan white girls.
I hate degenerate fuckwads who drive duallys and don't live or work on a farm.
I hate people who say "like" too often.
I hate no-seeums.

HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #42 on: July 11, 2005, 11:41:49 AM

I hate everything I don't like.

SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #43 on: July 11, 2005, 11:58:45 AM

I thought he was good in Finding Nemo. Even more surprisingly, Ellen DeGeneres was outstanding. She usually grates on my last nerve.

Albert Brooks is a genius.

Example: Mother

Who else could get it that freaking right?

And I don't think I've ever seen a movie of his that I did not like. Even his 2 minute screwing over the sink of Goldie Hawn then collapsing was mildly funny. He brings this incredibly amusing obliviously real feeling to a movie that I love.

Or I'm just an Albert Brooks fan.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
SuperPopTart
Terracotta Army

I am damn cute for a stubby shortling.

Reply #44 on: July 11, 2005, 12:04:54 PM

I hate asparagus.

I hate beer.

I hate liver and onions.

Damn girl, hating on three of my favorite things.

I hate people who make huge orders in the Tim Horton's drive through during morning rush
I hate "real" iced tea
I hate mayonaisse
I hate cheap beer
I hate Celine Dion
I hate spiders
I hate people who post big ass pictures of big assed spiders
I hate Albert Brooks
I hate people who don't understand what is wrong about EQ
I hate people using "u" as a word
I hate with an absolute fucking passion: when a Presidential Speach, and Election, a Disaster, whatever is being televised - and it's on EVERY FUCKING CHANNEL. We have news channels for a fucking reason.

I wish I got all of this in one post. :(
I don't mean to hate on your favourites but your favourites are evil. Here's why:

Asparagus - Green, looks appetizing, really just a little green stick of hell.

Beer - Liquid Grass, ew.

Liver and Onions - I LOATHE Liver. I loathe it being cooked, the smell of it, the sight of it raw, the fact that it exists in this world. It smells like gross icky brown stuff to me and tastes like something even ickier. I love onions, just not WITH liver.

And if it makes you feel better, you hate many things of mine!

You hate Iced Tea.
You hate Mayo.
You hate Albert Brooks.
You hate people who don't understand what is wrong with EQ.

:( I'm sad.

Oh and add one more to my list:

I hate Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.

I am Super, I am a Pop Tart.
WayAbvPar

Reply #45 on: July 11, 2005, 01:10:47 PM

I hate Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes.

I am pretty sure you are in the vast majority at this point. I think even Oprah and Rosie are ducking Tom's calls these days.

Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #46 on: July 11, 2005, 01:51:42 PM

I hate the NBA, for the culture, the stupidity, and the sport itself.
I hate that the NFL still lets TO on the field.
I hate that I can't watch a good northeastern NFL matchup on TV because I'm forced to watch the Panthers due to living in a nearby state. Fuck the panthers.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #47 on: July 11, 2005, 02:10:31 PM

I hate mayo.
I hate eggs.
I hate people that drive for half an hour and don't realize their turn signal is still on.
I hate people that can't use a cell phone in a reasonable manner. (TURN IT OFF IN THE FUCKING THEATRE, THE ADD JUST TOLD YOU TO, DICKHEAD. YES, YOU ARE INCONSIDERATE CELL PHONE MAN. TAKE THE HINT. /breathe)
I hate whomever wrote the end to KoToR2.
I hate needles.
I hate vermin (rats, mice, etc)
I hate bees. 
I hate snakes.
I guess I pretty much hate anything that can either puncture and/or envenom me.
I hate elves.
I hate Joel Shumacher.
I hate people that can't put aside their irrational prejudices for just one moment and discuss the matter at hand without a dumbassed attempt at interposing their will on the conversation.
I hate broken records.
I hate fundies and zealots of all varieties.
I hate vanity plates. 
I really hate that of all of the consoles to buy, the one I didn't was a PS2.

Surprisingly writing this, I realized a couple things. I don't hate as much crap as I thought. Some of these are probably better categorized as "extremely dislike" or "am greatly saddened by".  Hate is really a strong and ugly word.   I don't really hate any of you, until you fall into one of the above categories.  Then I just stare bullet holes into the screen.  evil

-Rasix
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #48 on: July 11, 2005, 02:22:51 PM

Hmm...Which culture would that be? You've got Corn Rows, Fro's, and Hip Hop music; Sports Announcers with a fetish for S&M; *Almost White* 7 foot Virgin Islanders; Argentinians, Brazilians, and Puerto Ricans; Russians, Slovenians, Serbians, and Croations; wiggers and All American white boys alike; Cowboy hat wearing, pickup driving, square dancing, professional wrestler in their off time black guys; blonde headed black guys; Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Capitalists, Communists, and everything in between.

Can you be a little more specific?
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #49 on: July 11, 2005, 02:26:06 PM

Hmm...Which culture would that be? You've got Corn Rows, Fro's, and Hip Hop music; Sports Announcers with a fetish for S&M; *Almost White* 7 foot Virgin Islanders; Argentinians, Brazilians, and Puerto Ricans; Russians, Slovenians, Serbians, and Croations; wiggers and All American white boys alike; Cowboy hat wearing, pickup driving, square dancing, professional wrestler in their off time black guys; blonde headed black guys; Christians, Muslims, Jews, Buddhists, Capitalists, Communists, and everything in between.

Can you be a little more specific?

The one's that convince black kids it's ok to perfect your jump shot instead of cracking a book, and the whole thug life BS that is totally image driven. YEAH I'M FROM THE STREETS, one sec, yeah sell that stock and buy me a new Hummer, STREET YO!

Toast
Terracotta Army

Reply #50 on: July 11, 2005, 02:42:24 PM

Did you know that Major League Baseball drafts dozens of high school players every year?

What do you think about people like Steve Jobs and Michael Dell who "went pro" without graduating from college? Is it an absolute sin to forsake book learning for a lucrative vocation?

A good idea is a good idea forever.
Paelos
Contributor

Reply #51 on: July 11, 2005, 03:09:02 PM

Did you know that Major League Baseball drafts dozens of high school players every year?

What do you think about people like Steve Jobs and Michael Dell who "went pro" without graduating from college? Is it an absolute sin to forsake book learning for a lucrative vocation?

You're willing to compare baseball prospects and computer whizzes to the average inner city youth? Because I'm not.

My point was that basketball is supremely geared towards blacks, and the community already has a problem promoting education amongst the younger generation. Couple that with the fact that the chances of making an NBA squad are seriously less than making a professional baseball team just due to open spots, and that sort of sums up the rest of my position. It's a problem that they promote a lifestyle of ignorance.

Rasix

I am the harbinger of your doom!

Reply #52 on: July 11, 2005, 03:11:27 PM

This is going to go places that are best described as "very bad".   

So, in the spirit of Dave Chapelle: 

-Rasix
Sky
Terracotta Army

I love my TV an' hug my TV an' call it 'George'.

Reply #53 on: July 11, 2005, 04:32:20 PM

I hate ignorance and intolerance.

...and that's about it. Hate's too strong a word for the rest of it, and life is too short to hate so much. Tip a glass to your loved ones and friends and be thankful you are free to hate so much.
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #54 on: July 11, 2005, 08:20:13 PM

I hate you....Yes, You.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
Abagadro
Terracotta Army

Possibly the only user with more posts in the Den than PC/Console Gaming.

Reply #55 on: July 11, 2005, 09:38:46 PM

BTW, Defending Your Life is a great Albert Brooks movie.

Ok, I am pretty drunk, but isn't that a good place to be for this:

I hate hate.

I love annoyance.

Done.

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.”

-H.L. Mencken
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #56 on: July 11, 2005, 10:51:07 PM

You're willing to compare baseball prospects and computer whizzes to the average inner city youth? Because I'm not.

I'm not trying to take it to a bad place...Just hear me out.

As of last month, basketball scouts have been taken out of high schools, and the minimum age has been raised up. The league is trying to encourage young athletes to get an education and/or provide more than one option for themselves.

Besides that, the NBA has become much more international in the past 10 years. This "thug image" you're talking about is so overblown, and practically doesn't even exist....Except in American commercials. Since when is that a good source of information?

If you think it's about "thug life", then you're not even paying attention. Just to throw this in as a small indicator, the highest selling jerseys as of right now are not that of T-Mac, A.I., or Kobe, but Manu Ginobili (an Argentinian). The most decorated and winning player right now is Tim Duncan (Virgin Islands). The MVP of the league is a Canadien (Steve Nash). The team that just won the championship (their 3rd) is the San Antonio Spurs (3 foreign starters, along with 2 Slovenians, an Aussie, and a Californian Surfer off the bench).

There have been only a handful of players in the past 5 years that came into the league out of high school. I don't remember the exact number, but it's no more than 10. To think that it's even a trend or defines the league is ridiculous. Also, can you explain the difference between that and a "baseball prospect"? That's interesting to me.

Anyways, I don't have any problem with your "stupid" comments or having a disliking for the sport itself, but to judge it based on a few isolated cases isn't fair at all. Nobody judges baseball's "culture" solely because of the steroid debacle or 20 man brawls, or hockey because of the lockout and slugfests, or football because of the antics of T.O., Onterrio, Jamal Lewis, or Randy Moss.
Fabricated

~Living the Dream~

Reply #57 on: July 11, 2005, 11:02:15 PM

I hate the RIAA.
I hate the MPAA.
I hate Slashdot.
I hate coworkers that try to tell me how to do my fucking job.
I hate Fox News.
I hate that Microsoft is still trying to buy the game industry.
I hate the useless act that is subnetting.
I hate blogs. It's the fucking E/N craze all over again.
I hate missing person cases getting national attention only when they involve white kids.

"The world is populated in the main by people who should not exist." - George Bernard Shaw
Bunk
Contributor

Operating Thetan One

Reply #58 on: July 12, 2005, 08:41:55 AM

Holy shit, you're calling the Scout his "good" movie? That, to date, is the only movie I ever walked out of a theatre on. I wasn't offended or anything, just bored out of my fucking mind by it.  And I made it all the way through the Majestic.

I will say though, that he was fine in Nemo, even if I do find the movie a little over-rated. I can't such much for most of his other films, as I was so put off by the Scout that I've avoided them. I just find the guy insanely boring. Kind of like how I felt about Dudley Moore in the 80s.

"Welcome to the internet, pussy." - VDL
"I have retard strength." - Schild
WayAbvPar

Reply #59 on: July 12, 2005, 09:56:32 AM

There have been only a handful of players in the past 5 years that came into the league out of high school. I don't remember the exact number, but it's no more than 10.

Ummm, your figures are off by quite a large margin. There were 8 high schoolers drafted in the first round in 2004 alone. You may not have heard of many of the high schoolers, because they usually sit at the end of the bench and play 2 minutes of garbage time a week. That is my main complaint about them- 99% of them aren't ready to contribute, yet they count against the salary cap and take up a roster slot. I would much rather see kids with a bit of college polish come in and be ready to play a few minutes a game. I think the new combo of the age limit and the NBDL will make the game better in the long run. I wish they would have made the age limit higher though- 20 or 21 would be enough time for kids to mature (both physically and mentally), as well as develop some adult skills like money management, time management, etc (not to mention basketball skills).

I don't think it is fair to the fans who are paying ridiculously high prices to put 18 year old players on the floor who are completely unready for the NBA game. I also think it is in the best interest of the kids themselves to go to college for at least a year or two- there is a lot of maturity and development that takes place the first few years after high school.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #60 on: July 12, 2005, 10:08:49 AM

I had a feeling my numbers would be off.

Anyways, I agree, it's a problem.....But not a characteristic problem of the NBA. And even then, most of these players were drafted early for a reason, and have turned out OK (T-Mac, Lebron, and KG to name a couple).
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #61 on: July 12, 2005, 10:47:25 AM

Geh, my list is just gonna be a comp of everyone else's.

I hate sports for the same reason schild does, and because sports fans are date raping frat boys. I hate sports video games, I hate watching sports, I hate hearing "the game" from my neighbors' houses. I do, however, love playing catch.
I hate post-Syd Barrett Pink Floyd (okay, DSOTM was good, but THAT'S IT.)
I hate paying too much for restaurant food when I could tell the chef specifically what was wrong with the way he prepared it.
I hate when they don't bring all of your sushi out at the same time, and by the time your expensive roll comes out you're already full.
I hate spelling and punctuation errors on signs.
I hate "expresso". I hate the American bastardization of espresso, as evidenced by the "latte" machines at 7-11. I hate that baristas are not skilled (or taken seriously professionally) in America.
I hate shit-eating grins when you're not that happy (Rachael Ray, that means you). You're not in a beauty pageant, so can it. I hate insincerity.
I hate that I'm too lazy to exercise so I hafta skip meals to avoid getting fat.
I hate dog owners that say "don't worry, he's scared of cats" as an excuse to not leash their dog (after their dog has already chased my cat into the yard).
I hate people who use food stamps to buy huge bags of chips and candy.
I hate people who call just to yap on the phone, because they're bored.
I hate having cat hair in my mouth, especially when I make out with my boyfriend.
I hate anything that's half-assed. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right. Stop wasting my time with your half-assedness.
I hate slow drivers in the fast lane.
I hate when the server waits until your mouth is full to ask how everything is. I hate when they never come ask how everything is.
I hate having to wait to go pee.
I hate my neighbor who is learning to play guitar by butchering Shins songs on his front porch.
I hate that my dad only calls me when he needs something.
I, like SuperPopTart OcellotJenkins, hate the ghetto thing, but I think it's funny when educated, non-ghetto people use ebonics in jest.
I hate non-smoking bars.
I hate Birkenstocks, gortex, fleece, and the people who wear it. I hate river-rafting, microbrew-drinking, Dave Matthews Band-listening, Subaru station wagon-driving, chocolate lab-owning Pacific Northwest posers who are ruining Portland's style.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 11:49:01 AM by voodoolily »

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #62 on: July 12, 2005, 10:52:20 AM

voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #63 on: July 12, 2005, 11:46:41 AM

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #64 on: July 12, 2005, 11:54:39 AM

It's hard for me to hate much of anything.  Though I do suffer the occasional cold rage.  embarassed
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #65 on: July 12, 2005, 12:21:13 PM

Add to my list:

I hate not being able to settle with one simple avatar.

I hate John Basedow
Signe
Terracotta Army

Muse.

Reply #66 on: July 12, 2005, 12:41:01 PM

Add to my list:

I hate not being able to settle with one simple avatar.

I hate John Basedow

I like your current avatar.  It suits you.

My Sig Image: hath rid itself of this mortal coil.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #67 on: July 12, 2005, 12:49:35 PM

I like your current avatar.  It suits you.

Maybe you're right.

One day though, I'm going to be somebody!
Rodent
Terracotta Army

Reply #68 on: July 12, 2005, 01:16:05 PM

I hate the RIAA.
I hate the MPAA.
I hate Slashdot.
I hate coworkers that try to tell me how to do my fucking job.
I hate Fox News.
I hate that Microsoft is still trying to buy the game industry.
I hate the useless act that is subnetting.
I hate blogs. It's the fucking E/N craze all over again.
I hate missing person cases getting national attention only when they involve white kids.

All so true, and nothing about mayo. You are wise in the ways of hate.

Wiiiiii!
schild
Administrator

Reply #69 on: July 12, 2005, 06:17:08 PM

I hate Harry Potter.
I hate the hype surrounding Harry Potter.

Harry Potter is the Madden of the book world.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Things I hate.  
Jump to: