Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:35:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Things I hate. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things I hate.  (Read 18219 times)
Arnold
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: July 12, 2005, 06:41:26 PM

I hate paying too much for restaurant food when I could tell the chef specifically what was wrong with the way he prepared it.

You think the chef prepares your food?  Haha.  Okay, maybe he occasionally does, but it's usually a cook that prepares your food.

I hate when they don't bring all of your sushi out at the same time, and by the time your expensive roll comes out you're already full.

Okay.The fancy rolls are crap, and most of the flavor comes from the mayonaisse-based sauces we put on them.  Sure, they look neato, but they all taste like the sauce.  The sushi guys at your restaurant were doing you a favor by first sending out the simpler, more traditional things, that highlight the ingredients.
Velorath
Contributor

Reply #71 on: July 12, 2005, 07:39:14 PM

I hate people who ask stupid questions.
I hate people who say the only stupid question is the one that goes unasked.
I hate when people other than myself profit off the general stupidity of mankind (like scientology for instance).
I hate the media for wasting so many hours on shit like the Michael Jackson trial, the runaway bride, or celebrity gossip, so they can keep our attention off more important shit.
I hate Comcast
I hate people who bring really young, loud, easily scared, kids to the movie theater for anything other than a kids movie.
I hate finding a hair in my food.
I hate buttered popcorn flavored Jelly Bellys.
I hate when people talk on their cell phones while driving.
I hate people at the front of the line at a fast food place who still have no idea what they want to order and have to ask the person at register what's in each item.  Especially when I'm on my lunch break at work.
I hate the public school system.
I hate that "hollaback girl" song by Gwen Stefani.  Especially the part where she starts spelling out bananas.
voodoolily
Contributor

Finnuh, munnuh, muhfuh, I enjoy creating new written vernacular, s'all.

Reply #72 on: July 12, 2005, 09:26:47 PM

I hate paying too much for restaurant food when I could tell the chef specifically what was wrong with the way he prepared it.

You think the chef prepares your food?  Haha.  Okay, maybe he occasionally does, but it's usually a cook that prepares your food.

I hate when they don't bring all of your sushi out at the same time, and by the time your expensive roll comes out you're already full.

Okay.The fancy rolls are crap, and most of the flavor comes from the mayonaisse-based sauces we put on them.  Sure, they look neato, but they all taste like the sauce.  The sushi guys at your restaurant were doing you a favor by first sending out the simpler, more traditional things, that highlight the ingredients.

You may have missed my point on the restaurant bit. I don't give a shit who made it; I should never have to pay that much for food when I can taste that they used regular ol' sea salt instead of Fleur de Sel.  smiley

Rainbow rolls aren't crap, and have no mayo. Spider rolls with the tempura soft-shelled crab are also not mayo-ey crap. That's what I'm talking 'bout.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2005, 09:30:27 PM by voodoolily »

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
The Legend of Zephyr - a different blog.
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #73 on: July 12, 2005, 09:31:11 PM

I hate this thread now.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Arcadian Del Sol
Terracotta Army

Reply #74 on: July 12, 2005, 10:20:19 PM

I hate rain in the morning.
I hate prosperous fools.
I hate that we dont hang child molesters.
I hate cold beefaroni.
I hate hydroponic tomatos that taste like a glass of tapwater.
I hate 20 mile backups because someone pulled over to change a flat.
I hate 40 mile backups because a policeman pulled over to give that guy a ticket.
I hate people who drive by on the shoulder and motorcycles inbetween the lanes.
I hate profanity in public and that people have been so poorly raised as to find this acceptable.
I hate pierced tongues and tattoos with no real significance to them. (i.e. for the sake of having one)
I hate Yankees fans as a sub-culture (see Profanity above).
I hate it when my baby cries because she has gas, and there's nothing I can do to take away the pain.
I hate people who flip and burn cars because their favorite team won a championship.
I hate that Maryland is blanketed with Native American names for rivers and townships and counties - and not a single Native American to be found.
I hate being at a loss for words. It feels like utter failure.
I hate sadness and pain and loss and not being able to take it all away with a few poignant lines of prose.

unbannable
OcellotJenkins
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: July 13, 2005, 05:31:46 AM

I hate Birkenstocks, gortex, fleece, and the people who wear it. I hate river-rafting, microbrew-drinking, Dave Matthews Band-listening, Subaru station wagon-driving, chocolate lab-owning Pacific Northwest posers who are ruining Portland's style.

Well, I don't live in Portland (proud East Tennessean here), but you just hated on me big time hehe.

I enjoy backpacking, hiking, and to a lessor extent river-rafting.  I wear fleece and gortex in the mountains (never in public though).  I drink microbrews.  I was a pretty big Dave Matthews fan back in 94.  I drive a Subaru station wagon and I own a black lab.   tongue tongue tongue

Oh well, at least we have the Hip Hop Hate in common.   :-D
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #76 on: July 13, 2005, 05:47:12 AM

The things that define Portland for me are Greg Sage, homeless kids, junkies, and meth heads. That, and people who insist that their city is the coffee capital of the U.S., not Seattle.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Skinny-dippin' in a sea of Lee, I'd propose on bended knee...

Reply #77 on: July 13, 2005, 06:51:44 AM

I hate it when my baby cries because she has gas, and there's nothing I can do to take away the pain.

We used Little Tummies which worked very well for gas when our kids were babies. Tastes decent as well.
Pococurante
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: July 13, 2005, 11:15:53 AM

I just did baby-peddles when all three of mine got gassy.  Lay them face-up and head back resting on your knees.  Then slowly peddle their little legs like that are riding a bicycle.  Works great, helps them learn muscle control, and makes for funny parenting moments as the gas peeps out both ends.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #79 on: July 13, 2005, 12:26:31 PM

The things that define Portland for me are Greg Sage, homeless kids, junkies, and meth heads. That, and people who insist that their city is the coffee capital of the U.S., not Seattle.

Don't forget that we're also the SHARP capital of the world. Oi!

The junkies aren't really an issue (anymore), the methheads are all on the outskirts, and most of the "homeless" kids are wearing $500 worth of leather goods, tattoos and piercings and actually live in West Linn. Downtown is not the haps, and does nothing to accurately represent Stumptown. You gotta come out to SE and NE to catch a real glimpe of the hipsters that define our fine city.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #80 on: July 13, 2005, 12:55:38 PM

Don't forget that we're also the SHARP capital of the world. Oi!

The junkies aren't really an issue (anymore), the methheads are all on the outskirts, and most of the "homeless" kids are wearing $500 worth of leather goods, tattoos and piercings and actually live in West Linn. Downtown is not the haps, and does nothing to accurately represent Stumptown. You gotta come out to SE and NE to catch a real glimpe of the hipsters that define our fine city.

That's good news then. I've haven't been in awhile, but last I heard, the city was still crazy. Well, at least some acquaintances of mine are...

Also: Shame on you for commenting on everything BUT Greg Sage. That man is the God of Portland.
Fargull
Contributor

Reply #81 on: July 13, 2005, 01:07:37 PM

Crap.. forgot.

I HATE George Lucas.

"I have come to believe that a great teacher is a great artist and that there are as few as there are any other great artists. Teaching might even be the greatest of the arts since the medium is the human mind and spirit." John Steinbeck
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #82 on: July 13, 2005, 01:14:04 PM

Also: Shame on you for commenting on everything BUT Greg Sage. That man is the God of Portland.

Yes, shame on me indeed. But he's in Phoenix anyway. And I had to wiki him to find that out.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #83 on: July 13, 2005, 01:24:26 PM

I hate Birkenstocks, gortex, fleece, and the people who wear it. I hate river-rafting, microbrew-drinking, Dave Matthews Band-listening, Subaru station wagon-driving, chocolate lab-owning Pacific Northwest posers who are ruining Portland's style.

Well, I don't live in Portland (proud East Tennessean here), but you just hated on me big time hehe.

I enjoy backpacking, hiking, and to a lessor extent river-rafting.  I wear fleece and gortex in the mountains (never in public though).  I drink microbrews.  I was a pretty big Dave Matthews fan back in 94.  I drive a Subaru station wagon and I own a black lab.   tongue tongue tongue

Oh well, at least we have the Hip Hop Hate in common.   :-D

You would love it here. We even have a pub called the Lucky Lab, where you can bring your dog and swill on their brew. However, Portland is becoming a fashion mecca of the NW and I want to see that progress.

And ftr, I do like plenty of hip hop (Mos Def, Del the Funky Homo Sapien, Digable Planets, etc.), I just don't care for modern rap (I love Run DMC, Sugar Hill Gang, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Ice T, Ice Cube, NWA, Sir Mix-A-Lot, Biz Markie, De La Soul, Digital Underground, etc.). I mostly just dislike ig'nunt hip hop culture.

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #84 on: July 13, 2005, 01:27:35 PM

Rakim for the win.

Kool Keith -- Runner Up
Strazos
Greetings from the Slave Coast

The World's Worst Game: Curry or Covid

Reply #85 on: July 13, 2005, 02:41:39 PM

Yes, I too hate the Hip-Hop, BlingBling culture. It just instills the wrong values in young people.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
"Hell is other people." -Sartre
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #86 on: July 13, 2005, 02:53:15 PM

Yeah, and Elvis is the downfall of society.

Do you even know what Hip Hop is? For one, it's just as far stretching as the word "Rock" and has next to NOTHING to do with "bling bling". Hip Hop may be about style, but not necessarily "expensive" style.

At the very least, stop getting your information from MTV and Sprite commercials. It's shit through and through as far as representing much of anything. Be it Rock, Hip Hop, or whatever.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 02:54:52 PM by Stray »
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #87 on: July 13, 2005, 02:55:05 PM

At the very least, stop getting your information from MTV and Sprite Commericials. It's shit through and through as far as representing much of anything. Be it Rock, Hip Hop, or whatever.

MTV gave us so many wonderful things that I can't begin to make a list of them all.

I'll leave you with my favorite: Puck.
WayAbvPar

Reply #88 on: July 13, 2005, 02:55:55 PM

I hated that smelly fucker. I hated almost everyone in the house that season, as a matter of fact.

When speaking of the MMOG industry, the glass may be half full, but it's full of urine. HaemishM

Always wear clean underwear because you never know when a Tory Government is going to fuck you.- Ironwood

Libertarians make fun of everyone because they can't see beyond the event horizons of their own assholes Surlyboi
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #89 on: July 13, 2005, 02:57:39 PM

At the very least, stop getting your information from MTV and Sprite Commericials. It's shit through and through as far as representing much of anything. Be it Rock, Hip Hop, or whatever.

MTV gave us so many wonderful things that I can't begin to make a list of them all.

I'll leave you with my favorite: Puck.

Puck, Kennedy, and Beavis and Butthead are the only good things they gave us. As an added bonus, all three shit on the hands that fed them too.
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #90 on: July 13, 2005, 02:58:21 PM

I can only thank that season of the Real World for bringing Judd Winick to the attention of DC Comics. He has written some pretty decent stuff.

As for Puck, fuck him in his stupid ass with an AIDS-infected cock.

stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #91 on: July 13, 2005, 02:59:11 PM

As for Puck, fuck him in his stupid ass with an AIDS-infected cock.

Oh crap, I forgot about all of that.

Hmm, maybe he is worth hating.
Strazos

Reply #92 on: July 13, 2005, 02:59:29 PM

Stuff

I went to a particularly ghetto High School. Young NJ guys, in general, tend to live by whatever MTV, the NBA, and the FotM artist says or does.

Sorry Stray, I know this is one of your things, but I've experienced this stuff enough to know that I wish it didn't exist.

Fear the Backstab!
"Plato said the virtuous man is at all times ready for a grammar snake attack." - we are lesion
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #93 on: July 13, 2005, 03:01:50 PM

Sorry Stray, I know this is one of your things, but I've experienced this stuff enough to know that I wish it didn't exist.

Actually man, it's not really one of my things. I've been a skater/punk (for all it's intents and purposes) my whole life. I'm also a musician though, and I try to appreciate everything. Music is just music to me. Hell, I'll even defend Country to a certain extent.  smiley
Strazos

Reply #94 on: July 13, 2005, 03:12:18 PM

Actually man, it's not really one of my things. I've been a skater/punk (for all it's intents and purposes) my whole life. I'm also a musician though, and I try to appreciate everything. Music is just music to me. Hell, I'll even defend Country to a certain extent.  smiley

Hell, I admit, I DO like Some rap/hip-hop....I guess it's just the bullshit it inspires in people which I hate.

Though I still contend a lot of the music is just worthless. To me, it seems there's a new "awesome" artist every other week. Everyone is "up and coming", especially as far as MTV shows (which I don't normally view).

What happened to actual careers? It seems most "artists" release a few songs, or maybe a full album, and then you never hear from them again.

Fear the Backstab!
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #95 on: July 13, 2005, 03:20:30 PM

What happened to actual careers? It seems most "artists" release a few songs, or maybe a full album, and then you never hear from them again.

They're out there. They're just doing it on their own...Which is tough....And it usually means, 90% less publicity.

Anyways, that brings me to another thing I forgot to mention:

I hate the music industry.
Strazos

Reply #96 on: July 13, 2005, 03:53:52 PM

I hate the music industry.

Seconded...FotM is lame.

I also hate it when Shockeye fools with the boards without telling us....new smiley icons?
 Rofl Waffle roflcopter Hulk Rock Gamecube
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 04:14:13 PM by Shockeye »

Fear the Backstab!
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #97 on: July 13, 2005, 03:54:36 PM

I hate it when people question what I do with my free time.
Strazos

Reply #98 on: July 13, 2005, 03:55:55 PM

What you do in your private life, especially in the bedroom, is totally my business.

Another hate: People who pry into the lives of others far too much.

Fear the Backstab!
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #99 on: July 13, 2005, 04:05:09 PM

I hate myself for making :roflcopter: available.

Ok, I couldn't take the roflcopter and the hulk rocking out animated anymore.

They're still available, just not in your face on the post screen.

Use :roflcopter: and :hulk_rock: and plain :rock:  if you need to use them. Animated makes me twitchy.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 04:09:14 PM by Shockeye »
stray
Terracotta Army

has an iMac.

Reply #100 on: July 13, 2005, 04:26:41 PM

What you do in your private life, especially in the bedroom, is totally my business.

Another hate: People who pry into the lives of others far too much.

Where's the "thumbs up" emote thingy, Shockeye? I have something to agree with here.
voodoolily
Contributor

Reply #101 on: July 13, 2005, 04:58:40 PM

Hey! My hard rocking is gone.  cry How could you do this to me?

Okay the MTV thing: when we were young MTV was urban, underground and hip, and VH-1 was for old fogies. Now MTV doesn't even have music except for the top ten as determined by 13-year olds' text messages, and VH-1 is salty and hilarious.

Game Cube! Gamecube

Voodoo & Sauce - a blog.
Merusk
Terracotta Army

Badge Whore

Reply #102 on: July 13, 2005, 05:09:23 PM

Hey! My hard rocking is gone.  cry How could you do this to me?

roflcopter

Okay the MTV thing: when we were young MTV was urban, underground and hip, and VH-1 was for old fogies. Now MTV doesn't even have music except for the top ten as determined by 13-year olds' text messages, and VH-1 is salty and hilarious.

Mtv was never 'urban' when I was young.. so I don't know what channel you were watching. Unless I missed something and The Police, Depeche Mode, Mr. Mister, and Toto were urban and I missed it...

Underground and hip, maybe.  But then I also remember my parents hating it as much as I hate it now.. so I'll postulate  maybe it's just 'hipness' that changed and we're just the old farts now.  Hmm.

VH-1 was always salty and hilarious.. for the older crowd.  Whoopsie.

The past cannot be changed. The future is yet within your power.
Shockeye
Staff Emeritus

Reply #103 on: July 13, 2005, 05:14:16 PM

Hey! My hard rocking is gone.  :cry: How could you do this to me?

It's still there, you have to type in :rock: to make it come up.

I just didn't want to see obnoxious animated stuff on the post page because it turns some people off and makes others stabby.

[EDIT] Ok, on the post page you'll see a [more] after the emoticons. If you click that, a popup will appear that shows the obnoxious emoticons. Don't go overboard. Don't be an emotitard. Yes schild, I'm talking to you.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 05:16:46 PM by Shockeye »
Paelos
Contributor

Error 404: Title not found.

Reply #104 on: July 13, 2005, 05:22:04 PM

When did Shockeye become EmotiGod?

I demand a recount.

CPA, CFO, Sports Fan, Game when I have the time
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Things I hate.  
Jump to: