Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:28:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
we're back, baby
Home Help Search Login Register
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Waterthread searching hopelessly for direction? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Waterthread searching hopelessly for direction?  (Read 38877 times)
Shmtur
Terracotta Army

Reply #70 on: March 21, 2004, 09:55:09 PM

A bit disillusioned?
Dark Vengeance
Delinquents

Reply #71 on: March 22, 2004, 06:15:54 AM

I believe it was all said best in the Bible....specifically Job 13:5.

KJV
O that ye would altogether hold your peace! and it should be your wisdom.

Or, for you non-"rollplayahs":

New Living Translation
5 Please be quiet! That's the smartest thing you could do.

Bring the noise.
Cheers..............
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #72 on: March 22, 2004, 10:12:40 AM

Actually, the reason new MMOG's aren't giving the same feeling as the first time you popped your MMOG cherry is because it's like fucking the same girl, who really isn't very good at sex, but was the only thing available at the time. Now she puts on different lingerie, tries to play different roles, but in the end, its still the same old sloppy seconds.

Arydon

Email
Reply #73 on: March 22, 2004, 10:38:21 AM

Quote from: HaemishM
Actually, the reason new MMOG's aren't giving the same feeling as the first time you popped your MMOG cherry is because it's like fucking the same girl, who really isn't very good at sex, but was the only thing available at the time. Now she puts on different lingerie, tries to play different roles, but in the end, its still the same old sloppy seconds.

I'm sorry, you'll have to use analogies that I might relate to, given the experience I've had in living in my mother's basement my entire life.
Dark Vengeance
Delinquents

Reply #74 on: March 22, 2004, 10:54:49 AM

Well, to be honest, it's more like dating several women who are exactly like that....but with each one you have to waste a bunch of time on early dates, buying dinners, cuddling, meeting her friends, getting her flowers, etc.

Then you finally seal the deal, and you find out that you just wasted a whole bunch of time and money, and the end result wasn't even all that fun.

Bring the noise.
Cheers............
Kyper
Terracotta Army

Reply #75 on: March 22, 2004, 01:57:57 PM

Quote from: Roac
Along the way, you forget what it was to start with that got you into this mess.  At some point you see a site like this, and make a post about how the last ten dollar trick just wasn't as good as the first go round.  So here you are.  I suggest you not look very hard for your exit off this ride - you passed it fourteen years ago.

Hope is slim these days, but if I had no hope of finding something new, different and fun, I wouldn't come to this site at all.  I'd just fire up single player games and be done with MMOs forever.  

Bingo.  Devs keep bringing out the same old girl, but dress her up a little differently, saying "Hey GI, $10 a month!  She love you long time!"
HaemishM
Staff Emeritus

the Confederate flag underneath the stone in my class ring

Reply #76 on: March 22, 2004, 03:21:43 PM

We do seem to be getting a lot of "Sucky, sucky!" just not the promised kind.

CmdrSlack
Contributor

Reply #77 on: March 22, 2004, 06:05:03 PM

Well, with schild at the helm, that's to be expected.

Expect this post to be deleted or me banned soon.

I traded in my fun blog for several legal blogs. Or, "blawgs," as the cutesy attorney blawgosphere likes to call 'em.
TheTick
Terracotta Army

Reply #78 on: March 22, 2004, 06:48:35 PM

Dunno.  I wouldn't delete your post, and I wouldn't ban you for having an opinion about those who run the site (negative or otherwise).

Posts get deleted for being stupid, stupid being defined as and where needed.  Stupid, for instance, is creating an account for the sole purpose of posting something designed to piss off the people with the banstick, and then professing surprise and outrage when you get banned.

If you don't like something, say so.  If something can be done about it, it probably will be.  If nothing can be done about it, you'll probably be told as much.

In the end, it's about having something (hopefully) entertaining to read from time to time and posting what you think about this, that and the other.  If you can do that here, do it.  If you can't, don't.

Take care,

B.
Dravalen
Terracotta Army

Reply #79 on: March 24, 2004, 03:35:12 PM

Quote from: TheTick
Dunno.  I wouldn't delete your post, and I wouldn't ban you for having an opinion about those who run the site (negative or otherwise).

Posts get deleted for being stupid, stupid being defined as and where needed.  Stupid, for instance, is creating an account for the sole purpose of posting something designed to piss off the people with the banstick, and then professing surprise and outrage when you get banned.

If you don't like something, say so.  If something can be done about it, it probably will be.  If nothing can be done about it, you'll probably be told as much.

In the end, it's about having something (hopefully) entertaining to read from time to time and posting what you think about this, that and the other.  If you can do that here, do it.  If you can't, don't.

Take care,

B.

Some posts are deleted and people banned for linking to a certain site that is along a similar vein that WT.o was.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
f13.net  |  f13.net General Forums  |  General Discussion  |  Topic: Waterthread searching hopelessly for direction?  
Jump to: